Solo Of Spears And The Dirt

Irathia learns how to use a spear.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Of Spears And The Dirt

Postby Irathia on January 21st, 2016, 1:11 am

20th of Winter, 515 AV. Training Grounds

Irathia stood with Ophelia Ravonai, her patron. Irathia had her cloak wrapped around her body, though she wore it loosely around her body revealing her "common" clothing. Just simple clothes that most people wear in Syrilas. Irathia stared at the large pole Ravonai had slung over her shoulder, at the very end, a bag was tightly wrapped around the tip of the pole. It appears to be stuffed with something to add weight on it. The pole swayed a bit as the bitter wind pushed the top. Other than that, Ravonia had a light armor on and a shield.

"Excuse me, Ravonai, what are we doing?" Irathia asked, slightly confused.

"Training." Ravonai said, she had a slight smile on her face as she said that.

Ravonai handed Irathia the long pole with the bag at the end. It was heavy where the bag was, as expected when Irathia first glanced the thing. Irathia bounced it slightly. "What is this supposed to be?" Irathia looked at the thing. Maybe it's a spear? She thought, knowing that Ravonai studied with spears, among other things.

"A pole with a stuffed bag, supposed to be a spear." Ravonai said as she took out her shield. "I feel like the best way to train you is to go against me." She said, a smile on her face, she props up her shield.

"So just... Thrust?" Irathia said, she said, putting the spear into two hands and squeezed the shaft, brightening the skin on her knuckles as she squeezes it. The thing shook a tiny bit and Ravonai nodded.

"Let me see what you can do, then we build from there." Ravonia moved slightly as Irathia surged the training spear forward, where... It completely missed. Oh gods. Irathia said as she saw Ravonai wrap her hand around the shaft. Everything sort of went slow as she tripped over her self trying to gain some sort of footing... She stared at the dirt as it seemed to be rising towards her face, then with a bright flash in front of her eyes. Next thing she knew she was sprawled across the ground.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Of Spears And The Dirt

Postby Irathia on January 21st, 2016, 3:00 am

Irathia heard the spear being tossed next to her. She slowly got up off of the ground, her cheek was slightly scuffed up from her fall, and the front of her cloak and clothes were covered in a fine dust. She patted her self down, getting some of the grit off of her clothes. Irathia picked up the training spear and stared at Ravonai.

"First, you are grip on the spear, is to hard, I can tell because your knuckles lightened. Second, separate your hands a bit more." Ravonai talked and watched as Irathia followed her instructions, and Irathia jumped up and down slightly, ready to try again.

"Ready." Irathia said, she prepared to thrust forward.

Irathia thrust forward, another miss, but this time it was a bit closer to Ravonai's shield, and the same thing happened. This time the spear slipped from her hands effortlessly, but she tripped over herself again and fell on her side.

This happened for a while, most ending with Irathia falling in the dirt or even being hit by her own spear. One time Ravonai actually hit Irathia with the spear after she twisted it out of her hands. Once Irathia tried throwing it at Ravonai, and it just sailed above Ravonai's head and landed in the dirt. Each time her clothes were getting more and more dirty, to the point where if she probably was slapped on the back she would emit dirt.

Irathia grinned, this time, she gripped the spear, not to hard, not to light. She spaced her legs to shoulder length, her hands as well. Irathia slid her feet together as she pushed the spear into the air, and with a nice... Satisfying thud, the spear slammed against the shield of Ravonai. The Ravonai immediately slammed her palm against the spear's shaft sending the thing down and into the back of Irathia's knee, making her fall once again. She slammed her fist on the ground in anger as she got up.

"Irathia, you did good this time, you actually managed to hit my shield." Ravonai said, a small smile on her face. "Though you were to far up on the spear, so you lost range, and you had it to low." She said, Irathia nodded as she patted some dirt off of her legs. Irathia nodded.

"Can we move on to something else?"

"Yes." Ravonai said, walking up and slapping Irathia's back, sending a puff of dirt off of her clothing.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Of Spears And The Dirt

Postby Konrad Venger on March 26th, 2016, 5:14 am

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Irathia

XP:
Observation - 1
Spear - 2
Endurance - 1

Lore:
Sera Ravonai: No-Nonsense Patron
Spear: Proper Grip

Click Me! :
Short but sweet. Enjoy your swag! ;-)

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4