Closed Play Nice, Hunt Well (Savacea)

Hunting thread of Loda and Savacea's

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

Play Nice, Hunt Well (Savacea)

Postby Loda on August 5th, 2015, 6:25 am

LODA
Denizen of Black Rock
-----------------------------------

A wild grin spread over the Myrian’s face as he watched the tail wriggle. It caught him almost by surprise to hear the words of Savacea. He raised an eyebrow and then realized she probably hadn’t seen many snakes as they would have been on the bottom of caves if anywhere. They too squirmed when you killed them. “Oh really? You should see a Dhani squirm after you cut out his heart. They’ll keep moving a few good chimes after they are dead. The large constrictors can even hold you tight after you kill them.”

Giving her that bit of information he looked to see how she fared with it. It was clear he was having fun. He watched as she started looking for tracks. Once she hit some underbrush she seemed to lose track of it though and he patiently showed her the difference in the leaf prints where the lizard walked. He had hoped to get some sort of large rat or wild pig of sorts, but even the predators needed water too he guessed.

“This is the type of print we are looking for. Keep an eye out for them.” he pointed ahead about fifty feet to an outcropping of rock. “It looks like he is heading that way generally. He will likely zig and zag, but they generally aren’t too bright when running away. The bigger the animal, the more challenging it can be.”

He began to walk forward, keeping a steady eye on what was ahead of them and where the prints were. They were slightly easy to follow as the ground was all mud, yet here and there in sandy spots he would slow and point to the ground to investigate.

As they neared the outcropping the ground turned to a gravely beach sand. It was near impossible to see what the beast was doing, even for Loda, so he turned his eyes forward to see further away. It was likely the lizard had taken shelter in the rocks somewhere, so he beckoned Savacea to lead and to load her crossbow. He himself readied his spear and with a gesturing hand for her to lead, he followed stealthily.

Other's Words - My Words - My Thoughts
Loda
Player

Words: 127479
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2015, 2:01 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 5th, 2015, 6:41 am

Loda explained about the Dhani still wriggling or holding you tight after you killed them, and her look of shock and cringe could not be missed. She had not known this, it was new information to her, she did not understand how something could still move after it was killed. The thought was actually slightly creepy, so she dismissed it. Nothing typically frightened her but that certainly did, so she did not want to relish on the thought, instead she brought her focus back on the hunt.

She had been mistaken by the print that she saw, Loda explained it to her and she nodded investigating the print of the lizard. She kept her eyes observant at the prints, as he told her which way the lizard was headed, and how they were not bright. He began to walk forward and she followed, her bolt still in her hand just in case. The imprint of the tracks in the mud was easy to follow, until they came upon dry patches and Loda had to investigate to get back on to their imprints. They neared a outcropping that turned into beach sand. She observed her surroundings noticing that she could not see the lizard, the tracks more difficult to follow and disappearing. She gave a soft sigh as he beckoned her to take the lead. She did so and tried her hardest to be stealthy about her movements. Savacea found herself glad that she was barefoot, as she walked silently in the sand. She loaded the bolt carefully into the crossbow, keeping it pointed forward in case they came upon it.

They appeared at some rocks and she crouched down behind a larger one, peering over it to scan her surroundings. Seeing the dumb lizard before her she slowly stood up, aiming carefully at the lizards head she fired the crossbow. Some how she missed the head and the bolt landed at the back end near it's leg. She was not sure if she had pinned the petching thing down or not, she looked nervously at Loda as to what to do next, waiting for his instructions on the matter.

Common | Symenos | Thoughts
[center]
Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loda on August 5th, 2015, 7:29 am

LODA
Denizen of Black Rock

“Twang” went the crossbow next to Loda. Savacea had managed to see the beast before he did. From what it looked like it was a solid hit, if not a bit far back. The bolt had pieced into it and almost pinned it into the sand, but due to it being sand, as the lizard began to move it unpinned itself. Loda nodded forward, not tossing his spear.

“Let’s go.” He then took off in the sand after the lizard. It was no contest as it couldn’t run very well with the bolt through its leg. Loda cut the beast off and raised his spear to come down into its head. The claws of the reptile dug deep into the sand and flung some backwards a light bit at the pain. It then continued to scratch in the sand for a few good moments. Loda took his spear from the creature and flipped his hair that had become wild all about him to rest all behind him on his back.

“You got him. Shot right through the upper thigh of his leg and into his side. Good job.” He pointed to the bolt. “Looks like your bolt is okay as well. Here, I’ll hold it, you take your bolt.”

She would find that the skin of the lizard was tough and it actually took a little bit of effort to pull out. The skin looked super thin yet it was deceitful. Once the bolt was out, he took his spear and set it off to the side.
“Because your bolt hit here, we need to skin this now or the meat will get bad. Have you ever skinned anything?” Most people plucked and prepared chickens or various things, but her people always sucked insides from things so he didn’t know. With that he pulled out his knife and started to cut down its throat a tiny bit, puncturing the hide of the animal easily with the blade, yet he wouldn’t continue until she answered him, because if not, she was doing it.

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 5th, 2015, 7:42 am

The lizard was not pinned to anything, as the sand was plush and soft. It scurried off and Loda said for them to go so they both took off in the sand after the little petch. Loda cut off the lizard and speared it's head. Loda praised her and she gave a bright smile, "Actually.. I was aiming for the head and missed completely but thank you." Savacea said chuckling as she grasped her bolt to take it from the skin. The lizard's skin was tougher then she thought it would be, it felt rough yet smooth at the same time. She pulled roughly at the bolt, until it finally gave way and came out. Blood splattered on her hand and she quickly licked it off, as she examined the bolt.

The bolt appeared to be good, as it landed in the soft sand and only pierced the lizard, so she decided to keep it there was no reason in wasting. She looked over as Loda began to speak once more, about skinning the lizard. She almost balked at the comment, she had never skinned anything nor had the need to. She was hunting for food nothing more. He began cutting at the lizards neck going downward, she shook her head "I have never had the need to skin a animal. So I have no clue how to do it." Savacea commented, looking into his glorious eyes. She had dismissed her feelings for the man, but that did not mean he was not attractive. Especially with him bending over the lizard and cutting it. For what ever reason this made him even more attractive to Savacea, perhaps she had a sick sense of desire, but he sure did look good today.

Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loda on August 5th, 2015, 5:42 pm

LODA
Denizen of Black Rock

With a chuckle Loda shook his head at her comment. At least she hit it, that meant she either got lucky or the aim was off on her crossbow. Either way he didn’t know anything about the contraption so he figured she would have to figure it out.

“Hunting can be dangerous. I think you should practice a bit with your crossbow before going out hunting on your own. Although, it is not so dangerous on this island, as long as you are careful.” He recalled back to his previous hunting trip when he first started hunting on the island.

As Savacea licked the blood off of her hand it reminded him who he hunted with. She would probably have liquified this lizard and sucked him dry if she was alone. He wanted to show her his limited understanding of wilderness knowledge just incase she ever had to cook for anyone.

“That makes sense. I figured maaaybe you would know, but I wasn’t sure. Okay, come down here. You are going to cut open this lizard. This knife doesn’t take much pressure to cut, and since its skin is already penetrated, you just have to very lightly saw downward okay? You don’t want to cut open anything on the inside as it can spoil the meat.”

He would then go through the process of showing her the different organs that were in most animals. He didn’t know everything about the organs or what they did, but he knew which ones tasted the best being Blooded Fang. After they were done he would point out where her bolt had punctured the intestine and it had begun to spoil the flavor of the meat.

“This is why you aim for up here, at the heart. While aiming at the head seems okay, it is very hard and small to hit. Often times animals will even have a very hard skull that stops your weapon from entering it very well. The best place is right here, just lower on the body than the front arms. You can hit lungs, heart and some major blood carriers if you shoot them here.”

He didn’t know anatomical terms really so it was a very basic lesson. Things all Myrians of his clan would know as it was their culture.

“Your way is much more efficient” He laughed. “While it is more efficient, I cannot serve your way of eating this lizard to anyone else right? So this is good to know. What if you meet a friend on this island who likes cooked lizard? You should know how to make it for him or her.” he had a playful grin indicating himself.

“You now clean it off and store it.” He wondered if she was hungry and considered maybe she was coming out here to hopefully get something to eat.

“Were you hungry? Did you want to hunt for something else?”

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Savacea Jovellana on August 5th, 2015, 9:29 pm

Savacea finished cleaning her hand, and Loda spoke once more. She listened intently to what he had to say, absorbing the information that he provided about the lizard. Doesn't take much pressure to cut..very lightly go downward..don't puncture the organs or it will spoil. She mentally took the information in nodding, handing the knife back to Loda she took her index finger-nail and entered the cut that was already made. Very delicately she went downward, making sure not to place too much pressure. It was easier to gauge the pressure using her finger, as she softly sliced the lizard open. When the lizard was exposed, Loda began to explain what he knew of the organs, while she cleaned her claw of the blood listening.

The warrior explained that she should aim at the heart, the head was small and sometimes the animal's skull could be too hard to puncture. He showed her the best place to hit it, which was lower on the body where she would hit the lungs, heart, and major blood carriers, "Hmm.. Makes sense to aim for the things that kept it alive. I was aiming for the head, which could of been a mistake if it had a hard head." She had a thoughtful expression with a wistful tone as she absorbed this knowledge, as it would be beneficial to her upon the next hunt she decided to partake in.

Loda mentioned how her way of eating was more efficient, although it would be best to know how to cook for others, indicating himself. She gave a chuckle at that, "I will keep that in mind." winking at his playful grin. She sometimes wondered what cooked food tasted like, what it was like to chew food instead of having to eat super soft food or liquid. Although she felt like her way of eating was more efficient as well, no need to cook or suffer through a bad meal that was burnt. The warrior said it can now be cleaned off and stored, with that she stood up brushing the sand off of her as she did so. Loda asked if she was hungry and she raised a brow, shaking her head, "Not really, I can eat some fruit when I get back. I think this adventure has been knowledgeable enough, do not want to overload myself with too much information just yet." Savacea said with a sigh, looking up at the sky trying to guess at what time it could be by the way the sun was. She figured it was almost noon or at noon as the sun appeared to me nearly in the middle of the sky, she was not sure though and looked back at Loda. "I better get cleaned up and start practicing some dance lessons and let you get back to the hunt." She gave a short laugh, patting him on the shoulder, "Thank you for this day, it was a learning experience." She gave him a bright smile, her tone coming out in a soft tone as she meant every word. As it was indeed new and she did learn something new, so Savacea was feeling accomplished and happy about that.

Before she could say anything more, a Myrian woman that was passing by stopped with a frown, "A Symenestra and Myrian, now that is something you do not see every day." She had a grimace on her face, looking at Savacea with disdain making her go a bit wide-eye with shock at her words. She could not form words in her mouth as it was all of a sudden, she seemed to have appeared out of no where, although it was possible Savacea could of heard her if she was not so intently listening to Loda and paying attention to him. "Although I suppose you are no outsider here. Still your kind is..disgusting and savage." The dark skinned woman sneered at Savacea, then looked at Loda, "Watch your back." She said firmly to Loda, then giving Savacea another fierce look she left.

Savacea was at a lost of words at the woman's behavior, okay she knew not everyone would like her, but that was a bit much. Her mouth was a bit open at still and she shut it, still looking at the woman as she walked away in such a strong and determined way. Savacea would have liked nothing more then to stick her claws deep inside her throat, but she knew that would lead to more trouble then what the petcher was worth. Instead she just glared coldly at the retreating figure, letting the mental images of her blood spilling out of her body pleasing her. She stayed silent for a few moments, lost in the rage that woman manifested inside her, then she turned with a cold smile to Loda, "I will see you around." She said in a chilling voice, as she turned to leave. She was about to leave anyway and that incident just made her want to leave that much more.

With the hurt she still had for Loda leaving, rejecting her, and only wanting to be her friend, then this woman wanted to walk up like she was so much better then Savacea. Well it was causing emotions deep inside of her that she needed to will away, with exertion. "I need a hard drink.." Savacea growled out loud still in ear shot of Loda as she stomped away. The Symenestra had anger problems, it was something she dealt with and was a flaw. Sometimes it lead to unpleasant situations, but it sure do feel good to take that rage out on someone. She growled under her breath as she pictured the beautiful woman, wanting to mar that tawny face and make her hideous like her soul.

Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loda on August 5th, 2015, 11:00 pm

LODA
Denizen of Black Rock

Savacea repeated a lot back to the warrior that he had already said, showing that she was listening, which he liked. He was particularly interested in how well her bladed hands cut through the lizard’s flesh. Imagining his own soft flesh being spliced by the woman’s hands; be it on accident or in violence. It made him uneasy, yet he knew her to a point, and didn’t think he had to worry; thus the feeling settled down.

Fruit seemed to be the woman’s preferred style of food it seemed, and he wondered if it was all she ever ate, or if it was simply just that; a preference. Savacea of late seemed to be a bit wistful and flirty despite his disinterest, but also more stressed he thought. He wasn't sure, but he attributed this due to her more frequent sighing. He couldn't be sure, but it seemed as though he was like a treasure to her for bringing life into her life when many others seemed to have failed her. Yet in his mind he was not anything special. He felt there were nice humans, kelvics, and even dhani, all who were savages and far less than he. Out there somewhere, there was someone else that could do the same thing; perhaps even another Symenestra. He didn't want anything further from her than friendship, so it was as if he took that treasure chest and kept it at his side instead of opening it; as if he had enough riches in his life.

Perhaps he was evil in that sense, but it was more accurate that he knew what he wanted in life, and Savacea, even though she was as close to a friend as an outsider had ever been to him, he wanted to please Myri. He wanted to rise in the military, and now coming to light, was a desire to be with a woman. He surely was convinced that the Symenestra desired him. She sought to torment him with her seducing ways. He had noticed, after all, even though she was a creature of nightmares, she had some womanly features. Perhaps he was just a normal man in that he noticed them through her "misshapen" body, but he had put that notice aside. He wouldn't settle for anything else than what was in his mind, and poor Savacea didn't fit into that scope. He couldn't picture her ripping the heart from a Dhani and tearing apart its heart in her teeth. It was a physical and racial impossibility. So he wondered at her fruit eating and how different things were between him and her as he spoke.

“Alright, well if you ever want to come hunting on the Island, just let me know. I can maybe teach you a little more, although I was never a great hunter like some were.”

She thanked him and he gave her a little waving gesture in kindness as she patted him on the shoulder. “No problem, it was fun seeing the crossbow in action too. Keep practicing!”, he said with a slight chuckle. While some saw her ‘bright smile’ as being something scary, he actually thought it was familiar to see her fangs. As he looked back to the game, he heard a distinct voice of a Myrian calling out to them.

Loda rested an arm upon his knee and looked to her, watching to see if she had identifiers on what clan she was. He couldn’t tell without closer examination as she was slightly higher and in the light; thus being silhouetted from him as he was down lower than Savacea. When she warned the warrior he didn’t say anything and just picked up the lizard, letting the rest of the guts clean out. He idly watched Savacea’s reaction to the Myrian woman, but honestly the talk of her wasn’t so horrible to him. It was the prevailing thought that she was an enemy, so no wonder the woman thought as such. Cleaning off his knife on his pants he watched as Savacea turned coldly to him and said her goodbyes. He paused a moment at her cold smile and then said, “Alright Savacea.”

It was almost fun for him to see the ferocious side of the Symenestra return. Although he didn’t like the words the Myrian woman chose, it brought out the “good” in Savacea it seemed. She stomped off and growled, he chuckled and shook his head. It was interesting how women seemed to know just what to say to piss each other off, even if one was a Myrian and the other a Symenestra. Loda took in a deep breath at the drama that was before him and let it all go with a long exhale as he moved to the water of the nearby ocean to wash off the lizard’s insides. There after all was no reason to spoil such good drinking water for the humans and svefra on the island. He in time continued to hunt, thinking it best to fill his quota for the day if he could.

Loda
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kiva on January 21st, 2016, 7:41 am

Loda
The Good Stuff :
Experience:
Observation 5
Teaching 5
Hunting 4
Leadership 4
Stealth 3
Socialization 3
Flirting 2
Weapon : Short spear 2
Tracking 2
Tactics 2
Logic 2
Running 1
Wilderness Survival 1
Land Navigation 1
Painting 1
Rhetoric 1
Intimidation 1
Investigation 1

Lore(s):
Hunting: Lizards
Lizards Are Capable of Losing Their Tails
Teaching Someone How to Hunt
Savacea: Beautiful In Her Own Way
Skinning An Animal

Loot:
+Lizard Meat
+Lizard Skin (poor condition)

Notes:
There was so much that went on in this thread skill wise, that I hope I got everything. It was a bunch of fun reading about characters I had previously known of and getting to know them better. Savacea and Loda have a complex relationship that I want to explore more and I had enjoyable time reading this thread. Unfortunately, I didn't award many lores because Loda seemed to take on the teacher position and didn't appear to be learning as much. The Myrian woman at the end seems interesting, and I was surprised that your character didn't stand up for Savacea a bit more... But on the other hand, I'm not surprised at all since he's Myrian and everything. Other than that, congrats on finishing a thread and I hope you edit your grade request.

Savacea Jovellana
The Good Stuff :
Oh no, spaghetti o's:
Notes:
Guuurl (?), you have to come back and update your ledger with the season expense. Rules say I can't give you a grade until them, so if/when you return to Miz, fix your CS and then let me know. I'll edit this post and post your grade up asap. Till then~

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss it with you. Keep writing!
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)