PM to join [The Rearing Stallion]Bearing Fruit. (cor)

Alex finishes his training for the morning and latches onto some information he didn't expect to stumble upon. From multiple sources

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Rearing Stallion]Bearing Fruit. (cor)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 31st, 2016, 12:23 pm

45th Winter 515AV
16:57PM
Rearing Stallion.

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Alex had endured a long day of training. His morning was willed with basic formations and simple skills. Stuff he already had drilled into him on a daily basis. Still though as Alex trudged down the streets he kept his ears open for a change. And something crossed his ears. A name for some reason it stood out to him. A simple name but something he was unsure of quite how much weight it had. Karig. The two large men who were chatting about this clearly didn’t know how to mask their voices and as such he had an easy time following them into the rearing stallion.

The Duo of cloaked and hooded individuals sat over in the corner of the tavern, and unlike usual where Alex would take a seat next to the bar he instead sat on one of the tables closer to the door. His usual spot was open next to the warm fire but this time he was intent on listening to something. The name was what drew his attention. Hunched over the table Alex crossed his hands, the hood of his leather armour beneath the steel plate and chain he wore now flipped up over his head. He closed his eyes and listened carefully hoping to drown out some of the more rowdy noise in the tavern.

“So as I said Karig, is out in the plains. We’ve already set up the camp it’s just a matter of time.” Alex listened to the two men chatting back and forth, trying his best to focus on just their voices.
“Yeah I hear you but what about the knights? What if they cotton on this?” Alex smirked lightly under his hood. Lifting his hand up he knew that kevith was probably looking at him and giving him a weird glance. He lifted his hand slowly and ordered a single ale with a flick of a finger and in the same motion closed is hand back into a fist lightly. Almost as if to say “keep quiet please I’m trying to do something.”
“Yeah honestly we can’t lose. The knights will never check out the forest. We’re lurking so deep they wouldn’t find us.” Yes you idiots feed me everything. I’ll gather a group of squires and we’ll come and sort you lot out. Alex kept as still as he could not attempting to draw attention to himself despite the fact he was in full slightly rusting and heavily dented plate. He looked more like a sell sword right now than an actual knight.

“Look, I get that you mean well and are trying to get me to come along. But what’s in it for me?” The two began to banter back and forth as a single mug of ale was placed on the table alex would fork over the miza before he left, having built up a good rapport with Kevith the ex-knight knew he was good for it.

“Simply put mate, you get five percent of whatever we take after the boss takes his twenty percent cut. Simple mathematics. You’ll be making five times what you are now.” What exactly are these guys doing? Alex thought to himself, lifting the mug of ale to his lips he took a long drink and let the words flow from them. Waiting for the proof he needed to go after them. If they were bandits recruiting from within the city they were not only brazen but incredibly foolish.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hwyn on February 1st, 2016, 11:17 pm

Another day, another miza, to be stolen from someones pocket. At least that had been a normal thought for Hwyn, after all he did need to eat. That said, theft had become difficult for Hwyn. It had started with meeting Piper, the bard had been too nice, and had instilled in Hwyn a feeling of regret whenever he stole something or caused someone else pain, it was an awkward feeling indeed. Growing a conscious was no pleasant matter. That said Hwyn only had so many skills for making money and had no intention of wasting them, he just needed to find a way to steal without damaging the sense of honor he had developed.

With that thought in mind Hwyn came to the conclusion that stealing from a thief was less like stealing and more like... reclaiming? Maybe? From there out Hwyn plotted on how best to find a thief and how to steal from one. The first step would be finding and getting close to a thief, easy enough considering that Hwyn's prowess lie in disguise, but again finding a thief would be the real challenge. Where would Hwyn hang out back when she was looking for marks? With that thought one of the easier answers came to mind, a low end tavern would do the trick! Now to prepare the disguise. It wasn't really to hard to set up the disguise it certainly wasn't the first time it had been used, Pulling a dress on Hwyn sat in front of the small mirror. The next couple steps came with practiced ease. First step was to brush the tangles out of the long hair that adorned his head. this took about five minutes thanks to the stubbornness of some particularly tough tangles. Then the next step was make-up, not an entirely a necessary step thanks to Hwyn's already androgynous features, but a precaution none the less, He didn't need people recognizing his face when he wasn't wearing make up. Applying a dainty amount of rouge to his slight face leaving a mild almost natural blush Hwyn moved on to his eyes. Lining his eyes with a thin line of black kohl he let his already large eyes practically pop with the addition of the eyeliner leaving his already pretty face looking at least a couple years older and more feminine.

With that Hwyn set out looking for a place to find a mark. The search led Hwyn to the rearing stallion. Upon entering the place Hwyn tried to become an almost invisible presence, not making eye contact with anyone but listening for and looking for anything that looked less than pristine. the first thing to catch Hwyn's eye was a young looking mercenary near the door, more interesting than him though were the two men sitting at the darker end of the bar, the two men looked slightly more suspect than most, as they leaned towards each other talking in hushed tones. The problem with the two men was simple though, they were two, the sellsword, well he was one. thus came the question which mark was more worth Hwyn's time, and which mark would let Hwyn escape guilt free?

Taking a seat near the door, the side opposite the mercenary-esque individual Hwyn settled in to listen and observe. Perhaps patience would lead Hwyn to the right answer. Though a slight rumble in Hwyn's stomach made the desire for the answer to come quickly grow stronger. Perhaps it was going to be a long night, but Hwyn hoped not.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Cor Alspach on February 2nd, 2016, 12:22 am

It took practice to get the perfect saunter. Cor knew this for he indeed had spent many a bell pacing the floors of his apartment while his grandmother watched him, rolling her eyes. Even under pressure, it helped to have everything recorded in muscle memory to be pulled out at a whim. It was all a part of his bigger act to show the world that he was always at ease. He wasn’t always great at it, not by a long shot which had disastrous consequences, but it was a goal he was sure he could reach. Once he did, he’d be unstoppable. Everyone would trust him easily, he’d be able to talk people out of anything. Or so he thought.

With all of that in mind, Cor sauntered toward the Roaring Stallion.

The ‘Stallion wasn’t usually his style. There were too many eyes there and he wasn’t fond of the bitter tasting drinks men liked to drown themselves in. He didn’t have much choice in the matter though as that was where his blackmailer, Virgil, told him to meet if he had information. He had already put it off long enough and hardly had anything to show for it except a few leads and some personal vendettas. He still had hardly any information on the Knight himself, that was still very much under investigation. Speaking of which.

Cor’s eyes caught the vaguely familiar look of Virgil sitting near the entrance of the tavern. The boy’s eyes narrowed and he quietly stepped closer. Yeah, it was the Knight alright, he seemed to be deep in...thought? Concentration? His armour seemed battered and slightly rusting. Cor gave a quiet snicker, wondering if the man had been kicked out of the Knights. That would be a good story to spin up!

Moving slowly as to avoid drawing the Knight’s attention, Cor snuck up close. Then without warning, his hand shot out and he pounded loudly on the Knight’s metal back. To anyone else it would have looked like a friendly gesture but the hits were slightly harder than necessary. “Hey there, Da’! Mum’s wondering when you’re comin’ home?” He said obnoxiously with a grin spread across his face. He didn’t usually try to draw attention (or at least he might tell himself that) but it had been too tempting a set up to pass by all boring-like.

If Cor hadn’t been so eager to sneak up on Virgil he might’ve taken the time to notice the two men the Knight was trying so intently to listen to. He might’ve also noticed the young girl who looked somewhat out of place. No, Cor noticed none of this though he was surely loud enough to be noticed by all of them if they were paying even a speck of attention.

Cor / Others / 466 words Image
Cor Alspach
Player

Words: 40048
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2016, 5:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 2nd, 2016, 1:14 am

The simple conversation between the two men continued for some time. Alex had held a steady posture eyes shut and his ears open. The smallest inclination to the tone of their conversation shifting. Under the darkness of the hood Alex smirked lightly, then a familiar feeling landed on him. The feeling of being watched. Turned out that he wasn’t the only predator in this building. His eyes snapped open like a bolt of lightning had just hit him. His eyes scanned under his hood. The darkness of the brown leather lined hood helped him hide his intent. Even as dumb and dumber continued their conversation.

There was no-one out of the ordinary, barring one girl who stood out a little too much for this…Tavern. Just as Alex was about to rise and inquire about the odd person, a familiar young voice cut the air. Well if it wasn’t cor. The young lad he’d conscripted to spy for him. After all who better to hunt down rumours and other information for him than someone young and easily concealed? Though his loud voice of announcement cut the air Alex half leered at him under his hood. Kid needed to work on his lying. Either way Alex leant back into the chair keeping his head down he thrummed his fingers of his right hand along the table in order. Little finger to first.

A heavy sigh heaved out of him as he waved the kid over to him. Keeping his eyes locked on the younger kid, he shook his head little speaking quietly now. “Cor, next time a more convincing lie might be better. Like I’m your brother or something? After all I’m only nineteen.” A small piece of information he’d let slip. Nothing much to go on but something to possibly, make the kid worried. He didn’t know that Alex wasn’t a full knight yet. And being a full knight at the age of nineteen was liable to scare the living heck out of him. “So what have you brought me? And once you’ve told me that I’ve two things for you to look into.”

Still as Alex spoke he found his eyes drifting back to the girl? he’d spotted. Something was off. He couldn’t put his finger on it, but something was off. Besides that she looked nice, full features, the makeup enhancements noticeable. Long brown hair, lightened by the torchlight behind her. Alex had shifted his weight subconsciously. He was trying to seem more imposing than he actually was whilst still looking calm and un-threatening. Something that came easily to a few of the more skilled individuals he’d met but right now he was relying on the sheer volume of weaponry on him combined with his supposed status.

Lies built on a foundation of truth often felt more real than the actual truth. Still his eyes now locking on the girl again Alex lifted his left hand palm up from the table and waving two fingers at her ushered her over. He was going to find out what was out of sorts here. “Cor, I need information on a man named “Rhov” and I want you to look into a small group called “The Craven Edge”.” he spoke to Cor now getting all of what he wanted to ask out of the way now. He wanted to keep their arrangement out of any conversation that might arise.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on February 2nd, 2016, 2:08 am

The night moved at a quicker pace than Hwyn had anticipated, as Hwyn was waiting on one of his marks to make a move a new face appeared in the establishment. The new person was a boy of some age that looked to be younger than Hwyn's a crooked smile was plastered on his face as he meandered into the establishment acting as if he was trying to be inconspicuous. The facade was quickly ended by his thumping on the mercenaries back and raucous greeting. The only thing more amusing than the greeting was the sellswords mild look of irritation at the greeting. Perhaps not everything was as it seemed with the duo.

Listening in as the two leaned towards each other Hwyn was hardly able to catch the the first hushed sentence, “Cor, next time a more convincing lie might be better. Like I’m your brother or something?" though the rest was lost to the dull murmur that filled the tavern, It was something to go on though. Hwyn watched the pair with mild irritation and amusement, unsure of what they were playing at. The other two figures conversing in the shadows had merely cast a sidelong glance at the newcomer and sellsword before going back to their conversation.

Though while those two may have been oblivious, the sellsword's proximity had made him aware of Hwyn. Looking up from the boy the man inconspicuously waved Hwyn over. Smirking Hwyn fluttered his eyelashes at the stranger, gesturing at himself as if to say "who, me? Leaving his spot at the table Hwyn crossed over the the table replete with boy and man. Wanting to tease the man who could use a lesson or two in inconspicuous behavior Hwyn Sat down adjacent to the two at their table.

"I hope I'm not intruding on a tender father son moment, after all I had planned on giving my big brother his space this evening..." Leaning back Hwyn arched his back and let out a slight yawn. "But if you insist on buying your little sister a drink, I won't stop you" Again fluttering her eyes at the sellsword. "And I'm sure my dearest nephew could go for a drink of his own, Milk perhaps?"

With that Hwyn rested her elbows on the table. It was their move now, the sellsword had invited Hwyn into his game, now it was his play.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cor Alspach on February 2nd, 2016, 4:08 am

The boy cackled with glee as the Knight sighed. “Cor, next time a more convincing lie might be better. Like I’m your brother or something? After all I’m only nineteen.”

Nineteen. The Knight was hardly more than a boy himself! Cor decided the armour was what did it. Hiding behind all that metal would make anyone look older. “Ah, don’t worry, Virgil,” he chuckled, sliding around and into the seat beside the Knight. “I won’t hold it against you for marrying a woman double ‘yer age. Being your stepson is great!”

“So what have you brought me? And once you’ve told me that I’ve two things for you to look into.” Right. To business.

“I was listening around..” Cor started to speak but found the Knight’s attention lacking. That wasn’t fun if the Knight wasn’t even interested. With his pride and self-importance feeling a little sore, Cor switched gears. “and did you know they might be opening up a new stall in the Bazaar? A whole new shop! It’s going to have silk and string and gloves and hats and books and kittens and…” The boy’s eyes followed the Knight’s gaze to a boring girl that he was calling over. Cor’s ramblings were halted as Virgil cut in two names. Rhov. That one he knew and would be all too willing to stick under a cart. The other, Craven’s Edge, he hadn’t heard of but he was certain he could pick up on some information somewhere. Perhaps Master Ariva would know? Though that being said, that man could see right through Cor at any time, it mightn’t be too good to go bringing in his other business. Virgil wasn’t going to get any of the information from him though if he couldn’t pay attention for more than a couple of ticks.

“Sure thing, boss.” Cor replied under his breath. He picked up his list again, counting off his fingers and completely ignoring the silent conversation between Knight and girl. “And apples and mugs and salt and rice and flint and well, steel of course to go with that, and wood and glass…” The boy looked up from his fingers as the girl sat down opposite, giving her a curious look.

"I hope I'm not intruding on a tender father son moment, after all I had planned on giving my big brother his space this evening..." Cor snickered at this and sat back in his seat. His hands were no longer counting, resting in front of him on the table and his feet were swinging back and forth under his chair. "But if you insist on buying your little sister a drink, I won't stop you" Cor raised an eyebrow. Partly because he wasn’t sure why anyone would want to drink the nasty stuff and partly because he didn’t understand why the girl kept blinking like that.

"And I'm sure my dearest nephew could go for a drink of his own, Milk perhaps?" The boy clapped his hands together then tapped Virgil’s shoulder.

“A glass of milk would be great, thanks for offering Da!” A grin was plastered over his face as he gave the girl a nod of approval. He liked the kid already.

Despite the carefree look and wide grin, Cor’s mind was churning and his eyes were sharp, taking everything in. Who was this girl? Why did the Knight invite her over? What was Virgil thinking of before he arrived? The questions buzzed around in his mind like bees trapped in a box.

Until some answers started showing themselves he would settle himself in for the ride.

A free cup of milk sounded pretty good too.

Cor / Others / 608 words Image
Cor Alspach
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 2nd, 2016, 2:25 pm

Cor. The kid was in issue a problem waiting to happen however something about him reminded Alex of his younger self before the incident. So the joke about marrying a woman twice his age he let slide. “You joke now. But one day you’ll end up in the same situation. And I can only imagine how painful it must be to be my stepson.” He returned the jab. Not in a harsh way but if he was going to keep up the ruse then he’d have to play along with this ridiculous falsehood. His eyes flicked up again over to the girl.

The girl had clearly seen the motion of his hand for her to come over. On her short walk over, he finished off his conversation with Cor. A new store in the bazaar? Perhaps Alex would have to look in on this. Might be a front for something. Cor, from what he’d seen about how the kid acted wasn’t one to divulge information willingly. So perhaps this was just a simple clue about something bigger going on. Seeing Cor’s expression he knew the kid knew about Rhov. The second name seemed to puzzle the kid. He needed work on hiding his face. Alex looked at the kid as he puzzled out what to do about “The Craven Edge”. An organization that had recently sprouted its way into his bad books. Until recently he hadn’t even known about their existence.

This words punctuated the air now. He’d look into them. Good. How about Rhov though? What information was he willing to toss at him for this situation? Before he could even shift the conversation to that the girl arrived. Funny. Tender father and son moment, eh? He was going to have a word with Cor about that one. But then she followed on the charade. Big brother? Oh that was going to be interesting. His right hand raised form the table now pressing his fingertips into his forehead just above his right eye. The green orbs now flicking back and forth between the two mischief makers. And now he was forking out extra money he hadn’t intended to spend.

He took his right hand and caught kevith’s attention and did the symbol for two. Then pointing at cor he shortly did a one. A small nod from kevith and it was done. Alex then turned his green piercing orbs to the girl. “Haven’t had the pleasure.” A soft smile as was his usual demeanour plied his face. His right hand then curled into a fist for him to perch the side of his jaw on. “Also just for future reference. If you’re going to watch someone intently make sure you mask your intent.” He returned the stare that she’d given him from across the room. He was evaluating her now, trying to find any crack in the front she presented. The eyes of someone who’d lived in a city ruled by criminals, corrupt police and actively hidden police.

Years of experience coming to bear. Still his soft nature was something that overrode all of his actions. His left hand then moved to lift the Mobius strip of Eryis lightly rolling the wooden icon between his fingertips lightly. Something was off about here but he couldn’t put his finger on it. A few ticks after the drinks arrived at the table. Alex slid Cor the milk and her one of the two ales.
“Names Virgil. Member of the syliran knights, and this…rascal is Cor.” He chose his words carefully now. Thinking back to the poker game with his Patron. Watching for a tell, an indication that someone here was lying. “So Cor, what do you have for me about Rhov? Guy damn near cost two lives the other day.” His words were still soft but had an edge of irritation to them.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on February 2nd, 2016, 9:38 pm

Hwyn eyed the man as he ordered the drinks, in it's own way this was a small victory for Hwyn after all this moment did prove that the mercenary was more thoughtful than brash. Furthermore he hadn't outright rejected Hwyn's use if his own ploy, perhaps he had enough stakes riding on whatever had him here than it had originally seemed, either way Hwyn was going to have fun with it. As the man turned his eyes to Hwyn he met hers with a look of both intellegence and confidence. Hwyn returned the stare though his eyes bellied a more whimsical aura.

“Haven’t had the pleasure.”

"So formal brother."

“Also just for future reference. If you’re going to watch someone intently make sure you mask your intent.”

Blinking once Hwyn puffed his cheeks out in a mild pout in response, though he waited to respond to the man. As the drinks arrived Hwyn had an Ale slid to him and an introduction thrown at him, the sellsword introducing himself as a knight by the name of Virgil and the boy whose name was Cor. The man at the very least seemed willing to divulge some information, not that he would get any in return if wanted anything from Hwyn he'd need to earn it.

"That stings, the fact that my very own would accuse me of having any malicious intent, I live to bring joy to my one and Only big brother, and he rejects me at every turn, Even worse than that he thinks it's funny to act as if he doesn't know me whenever he sees me in public. Oh it's almost painful enough to make me cry."

Willing forth some crocodile tears Hwyn stuck out a bottom lip at the Mercenary called Virgil, A pressure play and a threat at the same time, if Hwyn made a scene it would certainly make the mercenaries day harder. After all, making a lady cry in public didn't look good on anyone.

"Oh dear brother, why won't you ever let your little sister play along on any of your games? I promise I'll follow the rules this time..."

Looking to Cor Hwyn smiled sweetly.

"Cor honey, won't you vouch for your aunt, and get your mean old poppa to let me play with you two for a day?"

With that Hwyn had cemented her engagement with the two, the threat had been made and the request made evident, the question was, would the man take the bait, and how could Hwyn profit from the situation he had dug himself into.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cor Alspach on February 3rd, 2016, 12:22 am

The boy watched as Virgil rested his head on his fingertips and glanced between himself and the girl. His smile spread wider. It was getting better by the chime. He didn’t know anything about the girl but she seemed a good sort, the sort one one might be able to make a deal with. Even an unspoken truce in order to get what they both wanted. He glanced back at the Knight. There was no way Virgil would come out king if the two of them wanted to go a different way. Against one of them sure, but not both. He cracked his knuckles with loud pops. Let the game begin.

Cor eagerly grabbed the cup of milk and took a grateful swig of it. He chuckled with his new white moustache as the girl started the water works and continued on their game. The kid was good, he’d give her that, very convincible. He’d have to take some lessons one day. Though he could will himself into a pretty good liar’s poker face, his fake tears were somewhat lacking. As he aged it probably wouldn’t always be the best tactic for a boy to sit there crying on command when something happened but it could help if he needed to prove fake emotions.

"Oh dear brother, why won't you ever let your little sister play along on any of your games? I promise I'll follow the rules this time..."

The boy slightly raised one eyebrow. Did she know what she was asking into? Though it hadn’t been much skin off his nose to poke around here and there in return for not being dumped in the tanks, there wasn’t any other payment that he had seen so far. Nothing more than a single Knight out of a castle full of them turning a blind eye to his actions. He’d have to work out a way to throw it back on Virgil. The girl might actually be helpful for that…

Her voice cut in. "Cor honey, won't you vouch for your aunt, and get your mean old poppa to let me play with you two for a day?"

“Oh yes, I’m sure Da’ won’t mind you tagging along at all, I sure don’t mind.” He glanced at Virgil’s face to try and judge his reaction. Cor took another gulp of milk then continued after a brief pondering look. “Though...it might do well Aunty if you let us know the name you’d like to use today?”

Cor / Others / 416 words Image
Cor Alspach
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on February 3rd, 2016, 1:16 am

Alex had tried the relaxed pressure that he normally plied to people and it hadn’t worked. The girl opposite him simply returned the glance back mint green eyes meeting his jade ones. Almost a clash of personalities. Her words parried his well. Almost as if this was her game. A practised trade. The pout caught him off guard a little. He wasn’t sure how she’d react to his advice on keeping things a bit closer to the chest. Still the feeding of a false name and the boy’s name. It wouldn’t hurt him too much to give over the boys but it would to give over his own. Her next set of words were chose well. Masterfully even leaving him little choice in the matter with the tears falling from her eyes.

A deep seeded frustration bloomed in him. He was in a position where he’d be damned if he did and damned if he didn’t. He either let her play along or she’d explode and cause a scene and he’d lose his tail on the two guys he’d been paying attention too. Would he let her play this game or would he just shut her out? One was easier to do but meant a damming image. The other meant a great deal more risk than he was comfortable with. Another clever move followed she dragged the boy into this. And of course the boy corroborated the situation. Though he asked something that Alex didn’t yet. Her name. Something to go by. Well done kid, didn’t have to prompt you. Alex smirked and glanced over at her again. His left hand resting on the table. A brief pause. He lifted his hand.

And without word or warning he placed his mailed hand lightly atop her head like an elder brother might do. “Sure, you’re welcome to join us for today.” A smile plied his lips now. She wanted in on this, then he’d give her the crash course. He removed his hand slowly shifting his gaze back to Cor. “So any information on Rhov then?” A simply question which would pave the way for her to get a glimpse of the world she’d just walked into. He wouldn’t get rid of her now. He’d turn her into another pawn. And then something caught his attention. Either she wasn’t as old as she was letting on or she was flat as a chopping board. Odd. Sighing a little he picked up the mug and took a long drink. The clank of steel on wood something open. And loud enough to be heard.

He plied his ears to the duo behind him. Dumb and dumber had been carrying on their conversation loud enough now possibly for anyone who cared to listen to hear. And they’d just given up the location of the camp. Five miles into the forest. Couple of regular geniuses they were. Alex pulled the dagger from the back of his belt. Placing the tip lightly in to the wood he began to spin the blade with a finger atop the wolf’s head motif. His left hand spinning the handle back and forth twisting the blade. Back and forth he shifted it seeming to play with it but instead he was angling the blade to use as a mirror to see the two men’s faces behind him. A tactical advantage from two stand points. It showed that he wasn’t afraid to pull a knife to the two kids before him. But also showed that kevith was fine with it.

Normally kevith would have thrown out anyone who pulled a blade, but Alex was ok for two reasons one he’d always diffuse situations without violence. Secondly he was a member of the knights and afforded a little extra trust. He smirked a little more now having a bead on the two behind him easily in vision now. “So sis…How’s about we play a game.” Alex was a gambler. He played cards for fun and had made some coin for himself in the past of off a few people in Sunberth.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next