[Note by Astator] Valinos

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Valinos

Postby Valinos on February 9th, 2016, 11:58 pm

Valinos
Race: Half-Isur
Birthday: 72nd of Fall 493 AV
Birthplace: Sunberth

Appearance: Valinos stands at 5'8, his deep mahogany hair has slight streaks of blond and tinted ever so slightly with a dark blue, is usually kept tied in a braid or pony-tail, it hangs to slightly below his shoulders. His eyes are that of deep emerald with a slight blue shade mixed in. With an emotional trigger, the blue becomes much more dominant. He has prominent cheek bones and a slight stubble kept trimmed and short. His lips full, curled up in a mischievous, knowing smile usually.
Valinos stays tanned, weathered from staying out-doors more then not. Though due to his heritage, with the Isur blood, it does hold a slight azure tint to it, but it easily over-looked. Valinos' body is well formed, not as fit and imposing as a full Isur, he has kept in shape with his daily life. He weighs 200 pounds, solid and caries little weight that isn't muscle, but he is far quicker then you would anticipate. His left arm does hold a slight dark greenish tint, hinting at a bloodline of the Coglias clan, though he does not know anything about them but the information told to him from his father.

Character Concept
Valinos is observant, watching people, expressions, interactions before he engages. He likes to know the mood of a room or situation before he makes his presence known. His mind is quick, very tactical, seeing changes in the flow of a room and adapting smoothly and quickly to most situations that would other-wise catch people off guard or surprised. He is a dark loner though, most likely to keep someone at arms reach to protect himself. He has lost many and feels the only sure way to survive is to keep to himself.
This does not mean he is without emotion, he holds to his word with an iron fist. If his word is given in promise, he does everything he can to keep that promise. His personal honor is very important to him. Valinos has suffered through his years, so he is very protective of those he does let in, or those weaker then himself. He struggles with self-survival and this protective nature often though, since to protect another, you usually have to be in harms way yourself.

His morality and ethics are a bit in the grey though. Being raised in or near Sunberth is no easy thing. Sunberth would sooner see you fit for a dip in the Shyke Creek over anything else. As such, Valinos has learned to get dirty when it is required of him. Ultimately, Valinos is a survivor, doing what needs done to keep himself, and those few he counts friends, alive over the alternative. Although there are limits to this view, children would be his weakness... and slavers, not fond of slavers no matter what.

Character History

Valinos was raised happily until he was 12 with is little sister Valana who is 10, His Isur father and human mother lived happily on the out-skirts of Sunberth. His parents were happy, their lives in a happy routine. Until it all fell apart.
Early winter, animals woke the house, the sounds of slaughter echoed through the hills as a raiding group moved through the small area. Valinos' father fought with everything he had, even his mother mustered up enough to defend home and family. But in the end it was not enough. The family destroyed, parents dead, and they moved in on Valinos and Valana. Even then Valinos was determined to defend his remaining family. Standing in the mingling blood of his parents he lashed out with a dagger, catching a captor across the stomach, a scream echoing in the small home. But it was his only attack as a counter came quick. The raiders left him for dead, a wound most would see as fatal rendered him near death on the wooden floor, the sounds of his sisters screams echoing in his head as they took her as a slave. It was unknown how long he slept near death. When he awake, it was with a cool woolen cloth to his head, a homely lady with a peaceful smile upon her face.
"Rest, the room is paid for another week, lucky child." was all she said, his savior unknown.
It has been 6 years since that day, his travels have taught him much, and he is returning to Sunberth, still looking for the little sister who was stolen from him, and the villain responsible.

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Isur, few words from his father

Skills
Skill
EXP
Total Proficiency
Wilderness Survival(Forest)
10 SP 10 Novice
Weapon(dagger)
10 SP 10 Novice
Riding(Horse)
5 SP 5 Novice
Brawling
10 SP 10 Novice
Tactics
15 SP, 10RB 25 Novice

Lores
Lore of Sunberth Street Layout
Lore of Wilderness Survival: Wolf Print identification

Possessions
1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Black Cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Metal)
-Brush (Metal)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Fathers Steel Dagger

Housing

House: 1 large tent (4 person), large tarp, 100 ft of rope, flint & steel, lantern, 2 torches, bedroll, blanket, fishing tackle & hooks, a compass, a riding horse, a full set of tack, and a large set of saddlebags.
Gildling horse, 16hh named Gambit, mischievous and playful. Very loyal mount.

Ledger
Purchase Cost Total
Starting
+100 GM 100 GM
Scabbard
-4 GM 96 GM
Short Bow
-30 GM 66 GM
Short bow arrows (20)
-1 GM 65 GM
Quiver
-20 GM 45 GM
Last edited by Valinos on February 11th, 2016, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valinos
Player

Words: 26462
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2016, 11:26 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Valinos

Postby Valinos on February 11th, 2016, 3:54 pm

This is what Valinos looks like

Valinos
Player

Character sheet

Valinos

Postby Valinos on February 12th, 2016, 2:52 pm

Valinos

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Valinos of clan Coglias
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?Val
3. How old are you? 22
4. What is your height? 5'8"
5. What is your weight? Just a little shy of 200

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. Physically fit, muscles well defined and sexy. Long chestnut hair with subtle blond and deep blue.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Quiet, reserved and watchful... slightly brooding.
3. What is your favorite body feature? my eyes, emerald green with flecks of blue.
4. How physically fit are you? I am of the Coglias bloodline, we are all focused on fit.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? I prefer dark colors, earthy tones and ones that allow me to remain hidden and blended in with a group.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? My father was Vayne Coglias of the Isur. My mother was Bridget of Sunberth, a human.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have a sister 2 years younger then myself, Valana... she would be 20 this spring.
3. What is your extended family like? I do not know my fathers family or any of my mothers in fact.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I believe close friends, if i actually let any of them close enough, are the family that i get to decide on.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Yes, they are friends and companions in both hardship and happiness.

1. Where were you born? Just outside of Sunberth, on the outskirts of Tent City
2. Where do you live now? Wherever i feel like setting up my tent.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? In the woods, along a beach someplace warm. Although seeing my Isur home would be appealing as well.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Away from crowds, floating in some relaxing water.
5. Where do you fear to be? a slave.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I have a scar from when i was left for dead, it runs across my side.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Left handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak common and a little Isur. My voice is deep but soothing, no accent that i can hear anyways.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Clenching my fists when anxious, brushing my hair behind an ear when i'm in thought.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ? I would like a tattoo, one depicting something personal or significant to myself.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Currently don't have one, but want to find a place. Sometimes act as guide or scout when possible.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? When i can be a guide or scout, i enjoy it. I get to be outside most of the time, under the sky and surrounded by natures power.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? I'd like to be someone an enemy didn't see coming until my blade was at their throat.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Any that guard and protect those weaker then themselves, even at their own expense.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? Slavers and those who pray upon the weak and youthful. I was left for dead by slavers, parents murdered and my sister taken by them.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read?
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Valinos
Player

Character sheet

Valinos

Postby Astator on March 5th, 2016, 3:01 am

There is one minor issue but it is enough to stop you from posting more ICly.
  • You must list all IC threads you have made in your CS and record any recieved grades from them accordingly. XP and lores must be tracked.

Also, if you have been active at all during the season of Winter 515 you must account for living expenses.

Once completed, please private message me via the envelope to the left underneath my name.

Thank you,
Astator
Which way do you want to go? Up or Down?

Attention Players, Graders, and Storytellers:

A character sheet does not require the green checkmark for the player to roleplay. This is just a notification to all that the character sheet has passed through the Liaisons thorough checklist and meets Mizahar standards.

All sheets with a large red X or a speech bubble beside their thread title do not recieve grades and cannot continue threads they are currently involved in until all issues have been fixed and verified.

She said down...

Template Credit: 'Ello!, Helping Hands and Red-X Gift codes and images are from Firenze.

Image Credit: 'Ello Worm, Helping Hands Hands, and Avatar are all from the movie Labyrinth.

I will be handling all CSL related posts on Thursdays @ 1800 my time *
Astator
Helping Hands.

Words: 101205
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 3:34 pm
Race: Staff account