[Note by Astator] Sulaiman

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Sulaiman

Postby Sulaiman on February 19th, 2016, 11:12 pm

Sulaiman

Race: Human
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 188 lbs
Build: Healthy
Birthday: 31, Fall, 495 AV.
Birthplace: Lhavit

A tactful farmer might have call her well-built, thick-boned or sturdy. The insipid youth of the Alluvion Academy make gestures of an ample figure -in exaggerated form of course, but reminiscent enough to sting her pride. Eligible men who looked to remarry might note the fertile thickness of her body. Or an envious girl might try to shame her fleshy features. One defining thing about Sulaiman is she stubbornly wears white, often as she can.

Character History

"Momma why do you have to leave?" little Sulaiman asked softly in the night. The tide was out and Leth was absent from the firmament.

"Oh my dear...," sang the humming bird, as it flit around the black branches that overhung the sand of the beach," you are Tanroa blessed."

"What does that mean, Momma?"

The humming bird flew, circled her daughter and darted out of sight; behind a tree, rippled and bent with age. Though the trees that ringed it grew straight and tall, and here and there small shoots could be seen from its ancient roots.

And many dark moments later; footsteps, slow and familiar. Her mother's beautiful face emerged slowly in umbral tones, a form the latter rarely took.

"Because dear, birds live much quicker lives." And hands that Sulaiman had not remembered as being so old, lovingly grabbed hers.

"I don't have much to give you, just a secret or two that I've learned in my life. And it's this..." Sulaiman made as if to stall her mother but the serious sound of her voice had fallen away and was replaced with an honesty that frightened Sulaiman into silents. "We're all just children, trying to do right by our children; and sometimes we mess up too."

There were sobs and embraces as are in all partings, and these two share them together for a time that night. And after her daughter's tears had tired and the rain of kisses had ended, she gave her child another atop her crown.

"I will think of you for all my time, my dear big one. My slow and true girl."

This is the story of how a girl dealt with the loss of her mother.

Character Concept

At its heart I think Sulaiman's story is one figuring out how to go on living, and what meaning one might find. She's young yet and the usual hungers of her age should apply, and hopefully these will have consequences and paths of their own. I think it's early to be over committed to one neurosis yet, so her major flaws are her reckless inexperience (youthful abandon), and sensitivity (she takes things to heart).

And in case it needs to be said; while the aforementioned momentary glimpse -into Sulaiman's life- is missing one detail, it is a purpose. A token, to the careful reader, a frisson of mystery, for all children think they know full and well their parents. And to give her a thread into the past should she chose to unravel it.

Language

Fluent Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Cooking 15 RB 15 Novice
Gardening 30 SP 30 Competent
Herbalism 20 SP 20 Novice

Lores

Lore of History of Lhavit
Lore of Lhavitian Culture

Possessions

(clothes are an assorted mix of non-matching creams, erring close to off-white)

-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

Housing

House: A simple (20x20 0x20 single room (400 sq feet) with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table) cottage in the Okomo Estates; Outside includes a small (10 sq ft) garden plot with a skyglass cover.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 Kina 100 Kina
515 AV Winter Wage pending 100 Kina
515 AV Winter Expense: Common pending 100 Kina

Thread List

a boy and his jar: 515 Winter placeholder
the bucket and mop: 515 Winter placeholder
Sulaiman
shopgirl

Words: 1303
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2016, 7:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Sulaiman

Postby Astator on March 5th, 2016, 4:14 am

Hey there!

I love the little story for your History HOWEVER! It doesn't explain much of anything... Like how she got to what she is doing now. Seriously, it tells us nothing beyond how she coped with the loss of her mother. This needs to be fleshed out more. Just enough to give us some understanding.

Also, pending doesn't work for expenses, you have placedholders and are therefore "active". Please finish the placeholders quickly and get this fixed before you can move forward with spring as wages and expenses will block you from threading in Spring until your wages and expenses are covered.

I use "active" loosely as there is intent, but they are just placeholders.

Clarification after speaking with a few DSes and a Founder: "If someone puts placeholders down that means they intend on writing for that season

Meaning they should pay expenses for that season and should plan accordingly"

So please address your expenses accordingly at your current state of expenses.

Once the History is finished, please let me know via private message. Also please finish the placeholders ASAP

Thank you,
Astator
Which way do you want to go? Up or Down?

Attention Players, Graders, and Storytellers:

A character sheet does not require the green checkmark for the player to roleplay. This is just a notification to all that the character sheet has passed through the Liaisons thorough checklist and meets Mizahar standards.

All sheets with a large red X or a speech bubble beside their thread title do not recieve grades and cannot continue threads they are currently involved in until all issues have been fixed and verified.

She said down...

Template Credit: 'Ello!, Helping Hands and Red-X Gift codes and images are from Firenze.

Image Credit: 'Ello Worm, Helping Hands Hands, and Avatar are all from the movie Labyrinth.

I will be handling all CSL related posts on Thursdays @ 1800 my time *
Astator
Helping Hands.

Words: 101205
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 3:34 pm
Race: Staff account