PM to join [The Sanctuary] I Meet a new Person. Hello, I won't bite.

I really won't, I promise. (Nayato)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[The Sanctuary] I Meet a new Person. Hello, I won't bite.

Postby Adyel on February 18th, 2016, 4:23 am

35-Winter-515AV

Strecthed on top of the white patchy snow. There laid a animal. Not just any, no. More so a lion then something completely out of the ordinary. It was a normal, yet chilling day here out in Riverfall. The Sanctuary was still and merely cool. The lion sat there, with his front legs curled under his bode, and his hind legs which were curled up under him. The Kelvics Tail wrapped about as he watched la'del and Tasi build a snowman and were giggling while having fun.

The boy kept a close eye on them while Kavala was out in the kitchen managing a meeting of some sort. She asked him if he could watch the two for awhile while Ralac and Inaden were out training inside the Training Grounds within the fortitude of the building. Adyel was lost in thought as he gazed out towards the two young ones. He pondered, wether or not he should tell anyone of his encounter with a god in his dream that he had had awhile back. A dream... That filled more confusion then entertainment.

It was purely odd in a way. And the dream had made the boy feel uncertain of a lot of things currently. Especially his encounter with a strange tar dripping like man. The man was certainly mortifying. Dark, creepy. Melancholic. Roughly built. Thin. Dark hair, greasey. Anything that was relevant of dark. And scary. The boy had trouble sleeping. Nights, he would wake up with shock and hot, sweaty beads of wet drops that would drip down his face and body. Once in human form, one could see the dark underlined shadows beneath his eyes.

la was giggling and jumping around happily as she was placing pieces of coal all over the middle section of the snowman's supposedly known belly. She giggled as Tasi jumped to place the carrot on the face for the nose. Small speckles of snow were drifted over the mammals' face. Interrupting the calamity of the comfortability. He wrinkled his furry face and wheezed a little sneeze.

la'del looked back towards the Kelvic. She smiled. And spoke warmly, happily."Is Kitty okay? I can get kitty a cloth. Kitty be clean, he be clean. Me build... Snowman. I build snowman."She said cheerfully. She jumped up and own with glee. And hustled over to the big kitty with joy. la, hugged the Kelvic with her small arms grasping around the animals' neck lightly. But, with a little tension.

The girl rushed back to her snowman that she's making with Tasi. Whom was also enjoying the Kelvics company. The two were easy to converse with. Though, the Kelvic had a harder time with the other twins. Ralac and Ladan. They have a heart for becoming soldiers. Adyel, thought that it would be difficult to muster. And him himself, was not good with any type of weaponry. His mother, before she passed hadn't wanted him to turn out like his father. Who was once a fighter.

Liandrin, explained to Adyel how much she would appreciate Adyel more as an artistic individual then with a mind set of fighting. With fighting, comes difficult consequences. And the boys mother did not want to see him get hurt or severely injured by any means. But, Adyel needed to learn some self defense weaponary techniques. Be it, if it is even unarmed combat. It would give him some advantage in knowing how to fight then not.

The boy tilted his lion head towards a new comer. Who seemed amused, by the sight of The Sanctuary. He stood up with swift speed as the two other children continued to build their snowman. He just gazed at the new comer with intimidative eyes. Curious. But, intimidative. The boys tail swooshed as it had a mind of his own, his body half resting on his hind legs and half on the front and stood with back straight and head knocked at an angle. As if he was trying to get a look at the person diagonally."That person isn't bad, right?"The boy thought with curios eyes.

WC=684/684
Adyel
Player

Words: 96562
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2015, 2:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nayato on February 18th, 2016, 10:49 pm

35th of Winter, 515 AV.

Ever since he'd set foot in The Glynstein Master Station, Nayato played the roll of a well behaved squire. He'd done what was asked of him with no begrudging whines or whimpers. He roamed the Station and began to feel at home within its walls. However, he was a nomad at heart. He longed to wander the world beyond the Station's walls. When Ser Cagus gave him permission to go out and explore alone, he practically ran to his horse.

He had just set the last buckle near the waist of his full plate armor, the iron suit had long since become his daily attire. A heavy mist of frost vented through the visor of his helmet as he quickly walked across the Master Station’s courtyard. He was hardly a paragon of silence as his armor rattled with each step. The heraldry of the Windoak embedded in black outline on the front chest plate of his armor. His thick boots trudged on towards the stables, but the armor made considerably less noise, some creaking of leather as the joints of it moved.

He carried a cruelly curved sword known as a khopesh on his hip, buckler shield strapped to his left arm, and quiver of arrows on his back that also held his shortbow. He was armed like a man who was ready for any unexpected battles out on the sea of grass. Upon reaching the stable he began to prepare his Eyktolian Desertbred mare for the ride ahead.

Nayato softly placed his gauntlet covered hand on the the side of the horses neck and brushed along the mare's coat. "Today we ride, Tsutla." The horse blew its lips at him, wagging its tail, her warm faded brown color was sun bleached from its time under Syna's light in the Burning Lands.

Nayato retrieved a riding blanket that was draped over the stable door, placing it high onto the horses back. The saddle on the ground was then set into place shortly after. It took him a moment to tighten the straps, but after he slid the bit into Tsutla's maw and the bridle onto the horses face. He buckled up the nose band and throat latch with a smile. He led the horse out of the stable by its reins and walked his old friend out through the Stations gates onto the Kabrin road.

Nayato always mounted his horse by first placing his right foot into its stirrup. He believed that his journeys would always start with good luck by first mounting with the 'right step'. It was a whimsical superstition, but one that he believed to be true for no real reason at all. Nayato pulled himself up, swinging his leg over Tsutla's back and placed his free foot into the other stirrup.

Nayato's legs gripped with some force against Tsutla's sides, shifting the reigns in his hands to get the horse moving in a light canter. The main focus of his energy wasn't the fact that the horse took off with some amount of speed. No, most of his energy seemed to be devoted to remaining upright in the saddle. He rode north of Riverfall proper, trying his best to accommodate himself to the area while also not falling from his saddle.

Nayato approached The Sanctuary with some curiosity. Pulling the rein to slow the horse down into a peaceful walk. He'd seen the isolated structure during the night when his caravan had wandered past it, but only now found himself interested in its occupants. Upon seeing the lion, he pulled back the reins sharply to stop the horse in its tracks.

Sandstorms stirred in the shadows of his eyes upon seeing the perched lion, and his immediate thoughts were to protect the children. He was a man who often did not like to make himself noticed, but was all too ready to be seen. His hand lifted to raise the visor of his helmet, his obsidian eyes remaining locked onto lions.

His dark gaze narrowed with a hint of lethal intent. "Am I to fight a lion?" He intoned aloud, mostly talking to himself or whatever gods might be listening while he stared the animal down. "Kelvic or beast?"

Nayato raised his free hand not holding the reins to pull his short bow out from where it rested within his quiver. If it charged, he know he could at least launch a general shot off at its body.

Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Words: 146321
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Adyel on February 19th, 2016, 1:00 am

35-WINTER-515AV

The lion re positioned his head to face the new man directly. Though, he relaxed his muscles while Tasi, the Akontak boy and la'del, the young konti. Who was roughly a young toddler. She's still working up on her grammar. And Kavala assists her with her teachings now and then. The employees here, who help out around The Sanctuary help out with it to. Though, la' is learning a lot already. And she was, still just a young toddler nothing more. Also, she was beautiful for her age, mere silvery hair. Brightly lit pupils. Shiny pearly skin.

Just like her mother, Kavala. Adyel, when he was living with his mother, when one could get a look at him physically, his mother always explained that he looked strikingly alike his father. But, the boy never met his father, and it seemed that he was not the only one as well. He had another side in his family branch. Revaili, was his half brother. But, his mother told Adyel, that they lived away, in Syliras. Wherever that was.

He longed to visit them. But, The Sea of Grass is treacherous and really dangerous to take alone. Especially when one would be alone. And even if your a kelvic. Ziths will long for a kelvic slave. But, they would also long for a good kill and a lion will definitely feed at least one Zith quite well. For that reason, the boy was always to timid to leave the fortified estate of Riverfall. And The Sanctuary. The boy rarely left the fortress like building to even visit the city within the walls. He didn't want to encounter the same man that he had met a while back.

The Lion boy stretched out his front legs and yawned and the yawn was a high croak-ish noise. On the contrary, he took all fours and trotted a bit closer to the man as he spoke. The lion simply nodded his head to the first part of his inquiry. It was intended for, Kelvic.But, perhaps a nod wasn't enough. Tasi, a bit older than la'del. Turned to face the two strangers from there build of the snowman. He noticed Adyel trotting towards the man upon his stallion. He spoke to la, and she scurried behind the snowman. A bit fearful of the new man, most of it was shyness, but she obeyed her older brother. Since, she was of the youngest throughout the siblings.

Tasi, was not much older then la'del. But he could manage a proper sentence while understanding other people speak."Who... Would you be, m- Mr."The boy stammered. Adyel stopped as Tasi hurried next to the lion Kelvic. "This, is a Kelvic and my friend. No need be afraid. No need, mr."The boy spoke with politeness. Adyel took his head and rubbed his face softly against the boy, relinquishing a sign of affection. Adyel, isn't much of a fighter, but he can certainly be loving and kind. He is loyal at such an age.

The Kelvic hadn't noticed the bow. But his peripheral vision spotted the wooden object carved in such a delicate format. The object mostly built from wood with a piece of string to place the arrow upon and rest before shooting. He snarled, and smirked his upper lip into an angle. But, did not lunge. Though, he could, highly. But, the man did not seem to be of much threat as a Zith. "The big kitty, is a lion. Momma explained that he can change from human to animal form. Don't worry he's a good kitty. Adyel, please no hurt."The boy spoke with such calamity that the Kelvics shoulders had even loosened up. He stopped rubbing the boys head, as the Akontak's hands were feeling tired.

la'del still crouched behind the snowman. But, she couldn't help but, to giggle. She thought that the man was some sort of comedian. While he sat, being afraid of the Kelvic. Though, she peeked her head around a part of the snowman that represented the lower half of the waist, for the snowman. She giggled again, but kept peeking around the snowman. Though, she never came out. Perhaps she wanted to play hide and seek? But, it was starting to get cold, even while the two were wearing their winter jackets and clothing. But, Adyel can withstand the temperature longer while in lion form, but he hadn't had a clue to how long the two children could last.

-----------

During the time, Ralac and Landal were out in the training grounds of The Sanctuary. Practicing their swordplay and dueling. Parrying, thrusting swords. While, Kavala was out in the kitchen preparing lunch. And dinner. Ralac, thrusts his wooden sword while, Landal parried the attack. And he dodged the next move. The wooden swords thumped against each other and echoed throughout the damp like room.

--------

"You be good kitty no, right? No naughty. Mommas inside Mr. What is your name, my name is Tasi, and that... Over there is my sister. la. But, her real name is la'del. Momma is busy, though. So we can't disturb her while she's working and cooking. Unless, we want to help."The boy explained with a smile. la'del stopped her giggling. And she re continued the process of creating a disfigured snowman. She had a top hat at the base of the snowman, and some other clothing folded on top of it. "Mr. No need to be scared now, okay?"The armour that this man wore was not to frightful for the Akontak, since he had seen many wear the same material. His brothers longed to become soldiers and fight for the good. They're probably training right now.

WC=960
Total=1644/38,271
Adyel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nayato on February 20th, 2016, 2:55 am

Somehow, the Akontak boy's mere presence seemed to help. Nayato felt like he'd achieved the outcome that he'd hoped for. He offered the boy a courteous, well placed smile. "Greetings Tasi. Hello la'del. I call myself Nayato, it is a name that I have lived by for many years, and I wear it with pride"There was a real hint of true pride in his voice a he spoke about his name. It was the name that he had personally given to himself once he had become old enough to name himself. His ebony gaze softened once he addressed the young Akontak. He remained silent for a moment, rocking his right leg over the saddle to dismount from his horse. His head canting slightly at the giggling emanating from behind the man of snow.

Nayato could not remember the last time he'd seen a snowman, so it felt like it was one of the first times he'd ever seen one up close. The Squire did not find winter to be synonymous with 'fun'. True, the beauty of Morwen did not escape his notice, but he found the season to be one of hardship and struggle. However, the children and their sweet natures made it difficult to remain pessimistic during the current moment. He chuckled as he responded to the child again. "Caution and fear are two different things. An example being that I was cautious of your Lion friend, but feared for your safety around him, young one. Having just met you, I could only see a wild animal ready to eat you."

He reached up to slide his bow back into the quiver on his back, freeing his hands to pull the helmet off of his head, holding it under one of his arm. His long jetblack hair flowing behind him as he shifted his eyes back to the lion. "Well then, Adyel the good kitty, I greet you as a friend."

Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Words: 146321
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Adyel on February 20th, 2016, 9:11 pm

35-WINTER-515AV

Tasi swiveled his head behind to where la'del was standing. "It's okay la, you can come out now... Big man won't hurt."The boy exclaimed littely. Adyel tilted his head curiously as the young Akontak spoke. His blue body enlightened the white fluffy snow. And it looked as if his bode was a whole new tint. Gleaming from the white fluffy reflection. Adyels fur was merely soaked from laying in the snow. The man, who wore steel platted armour, had greeted himself as Nayato. If Adyel had his clothes he would go back inside and change.

The Kelvic gestured it's head towards the man who had swooped down from his stallion. As he did so, la'del popped out of nowhere and was now even more so excited than she was when she was building the snowman. "Can I pet horsey, Mr. Nayato... Me pet horsey please?!"The little girl asked as she jumped up and down with excitement. It wasn't strange for a little girl to ask to pet a stranger's horse, but Adyel simply nodded his lion head. And the Kelvic was just to timid and lazy to transform back into human form. But, his clothes are within the warmth of The Sanctuary.

So, he needed a way for somehow to get to them without the man hurting the two young ones. If he would. Though, he was a soldier. From the looks of it. And he had a kind gesture. One, unlike the man that the boy met a while back. Whom dripped tar from his body and grew insane. That struck the Kelvic as precarious. And the boy now knows to stay away from that man if he ever encounters him again.

Why would he want to encounter the man on purpose? Why? Who would ever want to encounter a man who had a concept of a "dark" personality. Whom would hurt children just because of their own problems. The day was truly terrifying for the boy. More terrifying than watching his own mother pass as she had her life taken by the Gods. And would this have had ever happen if she died? Would there be any difference in times such as this or back then?

How would other people cope with a parents death. And the inability to visit your other family members. How could things give out so easily. Changing, how would the change itself be dramatic enough to barely comprehend d what was going around. So many thoughts went through the boys head like a river and a current pushing each abstratical thought aside. The Kelvic merely had grown a headache, but he decided eventually that thinking was overwhelming for the boy.

He didn't know what would happen in the future or what would even happen now. la'del jumped up and down with excitement. And she was still waiting with enough patience to pet the stallion. The stallion stood with proudness and such strength. As Adyel sat with his rear perched against his hind legs and his golden black tail swooped about as it had a mind of its own.

Adyel, wanted to transform back into human form. But, the boy would simply be exposed to the coldness of the weather. And it was just only irresponsible enough that the boy had forgotten to carry his winter things with him. "Adyel. Needs clothes. I can get his clothes. Stay here Mr. Nayato. Be back."The boy stated. As la'del turned around curiously after she went along and decided to pet the stallion."Good, horsey. Good horsey. What's horseys name?!"The little Konti asked with glee as she patted the mares mane. It was more of a light pat pat pat, since she was shown in her earlier lifetime how to pet a horse properly and carefully. She now knew that patting a horse with a lot of force was not the proper way to execute such a task.

In a matter of chimes. Tasi came out with a pack of clothes. And he hustled over to the nearest boulder that was well bigger than the lion."Adyel. I brought you clothes!"The Akontak stated. And as if on cue the Kelvic turned his body with swift speed and rushed over to the boulder to go change.

-----

It didn't take long to get Change. No. And the boy came out from behind the boulder. His coat swathed over a long sleeve winter shirt. Long cotton pants, socks, boots and winter clothing.He had his pack strapped over his shoulders and hurried back to Mr.Nayato."Sorry Mr. Do you want to come inside. It's getting more so colder now. With the winds."Adyel asked warmly.

WC=781/36,040
Adyel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets