Closed An Unexpected Meeting

Lynn rents an apartment for the winter and meets Xen

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

An Unexpected Meeting

Postby Suresslynn on January 5th, 2016, 8:41 pm

1st of Winter, 515

Suresslynn shivered in the cold, her two coats failing to keep her warm enough. "Damn these freezing winters. What sort of civilized people would deliberately live in such a frozen hell?" she muttered as she packed up her tent and put it on the back of her sandstrider horse. "Not that I'm any better for staying here. Maybe humans and such aren't as bothered by it..." she muttered as she led her horse into the city, preferring the limited heat generated by walking to frigid air she'd face in the saddle, to say nothing of the possiblity of being dumped on the freezing ground by her troublesome mount.

Once back inside the city walls, the Dhani made a beeline for an inn she had located in late Fall, a place she had been told was called the Traveler's Row. Tying up her horse outside the door of the office, the Dhani stepped inside and plopped into a seat. No one was in the room at the moment and Suresslynn elected to give herself a moment to both heat up and wake up, the cold making her sleepy.

As she waited to heat up, Suresslynn looked around the room, noting that if all rooms were like this, she might decide that it was time to start living in more civilized quarters than her tent, especially after having spent the previous winter in hibernation.
Suresslynn
Player

Words: 94986
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 3:18 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

An Unexpected Meeting

Postby Xen on January 6th, 2016, 9:31 pm

S

“ ”
Xen awakens from his slumber with a sour expression; it wasn't that he was still tired or feeling sick, but because he had to face the cold again. The nightmare that was winter continues to torment him even as he shelters himself in the confines of the Travelers Row. While in bed, he stares at the ceiling, feeling both the coldness of winter and exile. He missed the warmth of Falyndar and the sun. He longed for the hotsprings; blessings of which he'd never get to feel again.

In saudade he closes his eyes and sighs. Then, opening them again, he sits up and gets out of bed. He puts on his clothes, footwear, pants, then his thick, black coat. Once dressed he walks over to the hearth: the glorious warming fireplace in his room. He then stands in front of the fire to bask in the heat it was emitting. The dark orange dance before his eyes as he starts to regulate his body temperature. No thoughts in particular occupied his mind as he stood, only the desire to be warm once more did, as just standing before a fire inside his room on a cold winters day was enough for him.

Xen locks and closes the door to his room. He checks to make sure the door was closed and securely locked before leaving. The extra precaution was neccesary—being new to the city of Syliras and all—he needed to be vigilant to protect his possessions from scum and thieves. Now that he felt things were okay, Xen walks down the quiet hall with the front desk area in mind. Three chimes pass and Xen was in the main area of the Travelers Row. The place was nearly empty with one stranger quietly sitting down.

“ Evening, Traveler. Winter favorsss few you know?” He greets Suresslynn as he walks towards the front desk.
Last edited by Xen on January 15th, 2016, 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

An Unexpected Meeting

Postby Suresslynn on January 6th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Suresslynn didn't react to the door opening as she was still lethargic from the cold, but when someone spoke she turned to face the new arrival. "I'd as soon say that winter favors no one at all. All the worse that it will mess with my hunting, but at least I'll be able to stay warm indoors." she said, still shivering as she stood up and walked over to the bell pull, giving it a yank in the hopes that it would summon the person who ran the inn, who she had been told was a woman.

Looking over at the man, Lynn cocked her head slightly. "I'm Suresslynn. And who might you be, sir?" she asked, finally warming up enough to overcome the torpor that the cold induced and regain her natural curiosity. She looked him over for a moment, noting his build but little else about him. However, it was his words that had caught in the Dhani's mind, for she thought she had heard the tell-tale sibilant hissing sounds of her own kind.

However, before she could find out more, the door opened again and admitted a woman with blonde hair who walked with a cane. As she walked in, she smiled at the two people waiting on her and shut the door. "Well, now, what can I do for the two of you?" she asked.

Suresslynn smiled slightly and gestured the other man forward. "You go ahead. I'm patient." she said, smiling at both the man and the woman.
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

An Unexpected Meeting

Postby Xen on January 16th, 2016, 4:10 am

S

Xen notices the subtle sibilance in the strangers voice. Her name too carried a very serpent like tone to it with notes of snake tongue behind every "s". However, he doesn't react to Suresslynn's name or reveal that he has sensed something different about her. The reason being that he wanted to avoid mistaking a young human female for a member of his race. Indeed her name was reminiscent to the names of his kin, but Xen wasn't going to risk exposing himself in an unfamiliar city. In addition to the fact that he did not know the relationship between humans and dhani in Syliras. Xen's was instinct on concealment and secrecy.

Matilda Owens was a beautiful woman; kindness and empathy permeates the air around her. “ Thank you, but I don't need anything right now. I'm only going to look out the door to check the fair weather, ”

Xen looks at Matilda Owens and upon noticing her smile, his amethyst colored eyes immediately dart away. Xen was naturally weak against innately honest, pure, and good natured people, as such individuals were able to see right through him, if given enough time.

Weird that young lady—Suresslynn—keeps staring at me,
Xen scans Suresslynss's form, but avoids allowing his gaze to go below the neck. He did not want to accused of looking at a young lady with lecherous eyes. To be labeled a pervert and shunned by the female inhabitants of The Travelers Row was something he wanted to prevent from happening. So, Xen quickly absorbs Suresslynn's visage into his mind with a quick look and then proceeds to talk.

“Ah! My proper etiquette went and left me behind! Forgive me,
Lady Lynn. I'am Jori—The Wanderer, ”

Xen stops and bashfully smiles before Suresslynn. There was no longer a need for him to check outside now, he could feel the chilly air seeping through the crack of the door, which probably meant that it was snowing or windy outside. Ugh, what do I do now? It feels awkward standing around with nothing to do, His eyes fell upon Suresslynn as he thought to himself.

Though I do know that talking with strangers has its charms

Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

An Unexpected Meeting

Postby Suresslynn on January 18th, 2016, 8:57 pm

Suresslynn smiled as man passed the Konti to her, figuratively speaking, then stood up to speak. "I'm looking for a place to stay this winter. My employer recommended this place, so...here I am." she said, smiling slightly. The other woman nodded, then pulled a book of some sort off a shelf. "A single room or two room quarters? And simple or elegant." she asked, looking through her book. "Oh, and I'll need to know your name." she said.

"Umm...two room quarters, please. Simple. And my name's Suresslynn." she said in response to the questions. The other woman took down notes in her book before looking up at a wall, taking down a key and handing it to Lynn. "Your room numbers on the key, dear. I'm Matilda Owens, and I can usually be found here if you need me. Your room comes with access to the public baths and stables." she said, her tone friendly, but professional. Lynn took the key and smiled.

"That's excellent. I was worried about where to put my horse. Um, how much will this cost me?" she asked. "3 silver Mizas a day, though if you rent indefinitely, you'll get a 25 percent discount on your seasonal rent." Matilda said promptly. After thinking for a moment, Lynn nodded. "Um, would be okay if I rent indefinitely then?" she asked. Having a secure place offered nothing but benefits to the Dhani, since wind had occasionally snatched her tent. "Absolutely, miss Suresslynn." Matilda said as she made another note in her book.

Once she was finished with renting the room, Lynn turned back to the other man as he had introduced himself, but she had been busy at the time. "Nice to meet you, mister Jori. Um, if you don't want to answer that's fine, but where are you from? There's something familiar about your accent." she asked before another thought occurred to her. "Also, do you know where the stables are?"
Suresslynn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

An Unexpected Meeting

Postby Xen on March 14th, 2016, 10:57 pm

oocSorry for the late reply! Life's become a bit hectic and is consuming a lot of my Mizahar time.

Xen was about to say Falyndar, but a sudden and ridiculous strikes him.
Here he could be honest, boring and formal while explaining where he was from, and leave a rather boring first impression, or he could be extravagant and memorable. Thus, becoming the odd and eccentric stranger in Lynn's eyes! Xen, in his time sulking over his "exile" from Zinrah, did not consider the benefits of being anonymous, but now he did. This was his chance to be someone else entirely or anything he could imagine.

Xen smiles “ I'am from many places, Lady Lynn, if I may call you that? I come from the great jungles of Falyndar, from within the depths of the mountains of Kalea, and the vast sand dunes of Eyktol! ” Xen poses by placing his right hand behind his back and giving a thumbs up with his left hand. Afterwards, Xen felt slightly embarrassed by his actions, but for the sake of the conversation, he hides what he felt behind a cheerful facade. “ My accent caught your attention? Well, it izz quite articulate, ” Xen accidentally bit his tongue before he could properly pronounce the word " is ".

However, Xen was grateful for the awkward mistake that helped prevent him from dragging his "S's". It concealed his serpent nature, even if it was for only a few seconds. “ The ssstablesss? I don't know that area,” Xen quickly covers his mouth with his left hand! He let the sibilance he was suppressing slip out subconsciously.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes