Open Warm Hearths, Warm Hearts

An open thread for Winter.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Warm Hearths, Warm Hearts

Postby Eosi on April 8th, 2016, 2:31 am

Wikus wrested the axe from her hand in a way that was entirely unnecessary. Anger flashed in her eyes. She was nearing the end of her patience with him. Even if she were to disregard the seagull slaughter, her only objective had been to chop down a tree and gather the kindling. This whole little misadventure was precisely what she’d been seeking to avoid.

As the Akvatari returned, Eosi offered her a look of sympathy. While she hadn’t desired her company, Eldrid’s presence was rather inoffensive considering the alternative. Though, the retching was unfortunate. It was a hostile world they lived in. If the sight of dead seagulls bothered her, she certainly would not be prepared when confronted with the realities that life had in store. Something like the aftermath of a Zith attack was truly nauseating. In her travels, it was a sight she’d seen on more than one occasion.

”He insisted on helping to get it down. I wish the tree would have fallen on him,” she intimated quietly. Eosi’s eyes were fixed on Wikus as he waded through the trail of corpses toward the bag, watching him.

Surprisingly, he used the axe to swipe at the bag of guts. The blade caught the edge of the fabric and sent it sailing over the cliff and into the water below, sending whatever seagulls that remained scrambling in its wake. It wasn’t the intended function of the blade but it would have to do. Bizarre was clearly in this man’s wheelhouse.

Eosi took a step forward, expectantly. But there was an irreverent gleam in his eye. She froze, with horror dawning on her neutral expression as he pitched the axe over the side of the cliff. Pure rage emptied into her veins. She made a strangling noise, hands balled at her sides.

It would not be productive to hurt him. It would only waste more time. Eosi reasoned as best she could in the haze of her fury. Were she to react to this, she’d only be giving him power. It was best to simply go and buy the damn kindling for the woman, before she lost sight of what she’d set out to do. But every part of her was shaking. The sound of her molars popping and grinding would not be lost on Eldrid as she hovered nearby.

”I’m going,” she said finally, allowing some of the tension to go from her body, once the man had disappeared from view. ”You’re welcome to join me. But I think I’m going to buy another axe.”

”Maybe an assassination attempt too, while I’m at it.” She added dryly, very much wishing she had just brained him when she had the chance.
Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous