[Baelin] Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Baelin] Ignorance is far from bliss

Postby Baelin Holt on April 21st, 2016, 9:33 pm

Here's an article! I'm biased because I love baseball, but still. A false story gained momentum. The author discusses both the how and what he believes to be the why. Here's a quote from the article that I feel sums up his point pretty succinctly:

A story about something so serious, with such an obvious lack of evidence, doesn’t spread as far and as quickly as this one did unless people want to believe it.

It helps to be familiar with baseball to read this, but if you're not it's still a pretty good read. How a Few Cubs Fans Trolled the National Media Into Covering the Bogus Heyward Story written by Chase Woodruff on Double-Birds.com. Keep in mind that Double-Birds is a site for Cardinals fans. The story is definitely biased, especially considering where it was written and who its audience was. But its fact checking was fairly solid and the points it raised were reasonable.

I'm always open to hearing other people's thoughts. Do you disagree with him?
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Words: 367174
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 12:36 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

[Baelin] Ignorance isn't bliss

Postby Baelin Holt on July 3rd, 2017, 1:49 am

I got a good one today! Felt particularly stupid, considering I've been doing this process for years now. I use oxygen plasma in a vacuum chamber, and I always check the color of the chamber. If things are good, then the chamber's this weird yellow-green color. One of the guys I work with calls it "swampy green." (I looked for a picture to show you guys, but couldn't find one. All the pictures I found have prettier colors from using different conditions. Here's an example of it looking pink-purple.) Anywho, I was watching the chamber the other day and realized for the first time that it looked an awful lot like what pictures of the aurora borealis looks like. It literally never occurred to me that the aurora was oxygen plasma. I go to look it up and sure enough, the green and yellow seen in the aurora are often from excited oxygen (Space article).

Since I don't have any pictures of the "swampy green" chamber, here's a picture of the aurora! Note how there's lots more colors than just yellow and green, since the atmosphere is much more than just oxygen!

Last edited by Baelin Holt on November 26th, 2017, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

[Baelin] Scrapbook

Postby Baelin Holt on November 26th, 2017, 12:55 am

I don't care how. I don't care why. I'm somehow going to get this KO in a thread:

Just...insane!
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Previous