Pulren's Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Pulren's Journal

Postby Pulren Marsh on May 30th, 2016, 5:21 am

80th of Spring, AV 516

And we're off! Well, I should say we are done for the day , but off in general? Forget about trying to write and fly. There isn't much of anything to do but hold on and shiver. It is cold up in the air. I'll stick with the sea any day, though I can tell we are flying away from it. Judging from my maps, it looks like we are heading southwesterly due to the direction from which we left Nyka. It soon disappeared and it became crystal clear why no one travels much outside of guarded caravans. The long expanses of nothing combined with the movement of hungry creatures below made me happy to be up in the air safe.

So now I find myself under my little tent, the best purchase so far. Having a little bit of privacy and shelter at camp is clearly coveted by others, though they all seem happy enough. We are all just trying to get used to the idea of flying every day. Our asses are sore.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on May 31st, 2016, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Pulren's Journal

Postby Pulren Marsh on May 30th, 2016, 5:24 am

82nd of Spring, AV 516

No journal yesterday. I was super tired and had to learn how to help with camp. Holland and Ry are not avid wilderness nuts either like the bird riders seem to be, so we all ended up getting chores of a sort to do. It keeps our camps in order but it is tiring. A bedroll and my fur cloak is more than enough to keep me rested for the time being. We are probably still in Sylira. I keep an eye out for the Kabrin, but no such luck yet. Maybe soon? Anyway, a bowl of stock soup and I am ready to sleep. Night, book.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on May 31st, 2016, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Pulren's Journal

Postby Pulren Marsh on May 30th, 2016, 5:53 am

85th of Spring, AV 516

I think we saw Syliras today. Everyone seemed excited and were pointing and whatnot. I feel a bit of a cold coming on though, so my main goal was how to position myself in the seat on the back of a giant petching eagle in a way to sleep. It's going to have to happen eventually. I'm going to try to approach Tara about it. I think if I can barter to share my cloak on the trip with her, she might serve as a kind of anchor? Shyke, I don't know. I know that the stock is getting old and I need a real bed. Not sure if I will write tomorrow. I really wanted to be excited about Syliras. I think I have a little bit of a fever.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on May 31st, 2016, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Pulren's Journal

Postby Pulren Marsh on May 31st, 2016, 12:15 am

88th of Spring, AV 516

So, I definitely had a fever. Two days of being tied down to the saddle for transport, complete with sweaty daymares of Zeltiva and my childhood. Today was the first day I could get up and around and I really tried to get with it. I boiled some water on the fire, had some. I watched Holland and Ry spar a little bit. Holland, a larger ruddy fellow with a full brown beard, his primary weapons are a pair of hand axes. I found them very versatile, being able to be used both for function in survival practices as well as fighting. I had faced one axe in Sunberth and I can see how a pair might make a difference. Food for thought.

Ry's a smaller and leaner guy, but a very astute hunter and tracker. He uses a shortbow and carries a dagger. Lightweight and light foot. He's quiet and I'd rather him being on my side than be a sleep with him creeping about in the night. I might take a turn in the sparring. Probably tomorrow though. Not all the way there yet.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Pulren's Journal

Postby Pulren Marsh on June 5th, 2016, 4:33 am

2nd of Summer, AV 516

I have to assume it is Summer. Haven't seen any watchtowers. Haven't seen shyke. The horizon both ways is land so I am definitely off of my old map. The lay of the land is less hilly and more flat, so I am guessing from our course and my notes that we are in Cyphrus or are heading into it. Of course it is the region I didn't read shyke about. Traveling party is quiet and tired. Everyone is ready to be there, wherever the petch there is. This stock shyke sucks. I'm going to bed.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Pulren's Journal

Postby Pulren Marsh on June 5th, 2016, 4:36 am

6th of Summer, AV 516

Caught a glimpse of two things that gave me chills. One, a watchtower from the sky. The beam of light that emanates from it is clearly pointed up for the Gods to see. We on the ground see what we are supposed to see. The second, a lot of lights. The Endals say it is the moving city of the Drykas. I've heard little bits and pieces but I don't believe rumors anymore. Shyke like that will get you killed. My palms are sweating for action.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Pulren's Journal

Postby Pulren Marsh on June 5th, 2016, 4:38 am

8th of Summer, AV 516

The Sea of Grass is no misnomer. We've been camping in it and while I would much rather see the actual sea and be closer to Father, I am trying to think about what it will be like to be in this terrain. It's almost as bad as the corn stalks of Skerr back in Nyka. Except we have to do serious watch shifts due to the apparent predators spoken of. The Endals say that the giant eagles scared a pack of something off. When those eagles are gone? Laviku save me.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Pulren's Journal

Postby Pulren Marsh on June 5th, 2016, 4:40 am

10th of Summer, AV 516

We're finally here. Last camp before we get to the job. I can smell the salt in the air and can hear the crash of Father's waves. Brings salt to my eyes. Time to get to work.

Continued in Red Sky in Morning

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)