PM to join Surrender of comfort.

[White Elk Stable] Snowed in during the storm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Surrender of comfort.

Postby Nemori on June 30th, 2016, 10:11 pm

51th of Summer, 516

Nemori watched as the storm started to hit. Snow was piling up and the wind whirred loudly through the building. She could hear the rattling of shutters and loose wood. It was obviously going to be a big one, she had lived in the area long enough to identify the signs. She thought for a moment as she watched it from the doorway, ignoring the biting cold as she thought. Purple etched into her eyes as she started to prepare some bundles of food. Mostly dried fish with scatters of anything else she could find. These were left by the door before she retreated inside once more, grabbing any loose or spare blankets that she could find.. Her actions were rushed, forcing herself to be ready as quickly as possible. Nemori stopped by her room and bided goodbye to Whisper, knowing she would be safe and cared for in the Hold itself. She strapped her backpack and short spear to her back, no sure what would be waiting for her in the coming days. Her family was nearby, they would check on Whisper, she would be perfectly safe. Whisper seemed slightly disturbed by the noise from outside but remained mostly quiet. Nemori rushed back downstairs, finding the front door and checking the fastenings on her coat. With a bundle of cloth and food between her arms she started to traipse out into the cold. The snow started to pile onto her almost immediately as she stepped outside. It was coming down faster now. The wind whipped painfully against her face, dragging flecks of snow with it. She could feel her face was slightly numb but she ignored the sensation, burying herself more into the blankets in hoped of reducing it at least. She was thankful that it was only a short walk, anything longer could have been problematic. The vast, clear space in front of the White Elk Stables was, for once, free of any animals. It seemed strange to approach the stables without being interrupted or greeted by the larger animals. They had already taken shelter from the oncoming storm. Nemori had spent all her life in Avanthal and she took the preparation in her stride. She had to force the stable doors open with her shoulders but was immediately thankful to be inside once more. They were a few candles already set up, casting their light onto the walls. The stable was a chaos of noise with the combination of whirling wind and piles of animals bleeping or stomping in their sections. She dropped the items in her arms, turning to shut the door behind her, it resisted, shudding against the wind, but eventually she managed to shut it. It cut some of the noise from the wind out but she could still hear it. She used a few of the blankets to stuff around the door, keeping out some of the snow that was piling up outside. After she had completed this task she gathered up the rest of the blankets and the food, moving towards the back of the stables. She did not need to see to move around, the stables were so familiar to her. A few animals peeked to look at her. They was a small section of the stable at the back which was free of large animals. Some clean hay, firewood and animal food were stored here. The blankets were piled into a corner, she could attend to them later. The roughly wrapped food packets were hidden nearby, she did not wish for any of the animals to find it easily. The stable was warm, the combined heat from all the animals mixing into stale, warm air. She wondered how long till this storm would pass, the atmosphere was not pleasant and would only get worse, but still someone needed to be here to look after all the animals. She started to organise the blankets slightly, creating a basic sleeping area. It would be uncomfortable but it was sufficient. Occasionally she could hear creaking as the wind buffeted the building.
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Words: 85286
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2016, 2:51 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Surrender of comfort.

Postby Infilia Snowsong on July 5th, 2016, 7:00 pm

Timestamp |51st of Summer 516
Location | The White Elk Stables

Snowsong Hold: 7th Bell, morning. Infilias room.

The whistling of the wind woke up Infilia. She rubbed sleep from her eyes and looked around. She slowly ascended from her laying position and sat crossed legged on her bed. She looked around her room, to adjust her eyes from the light.

The brunnet swung her legs slowly over the bed. She slipped her feet into her boots and walked over to her wardrobe on the opposite side of the bed. She wore her clothes to bed, that wasn't like her to do so. She'll need to change, but she doesn't have many clothes to constantly change into. She didn't mind, though she should probably purchase more clothing some time soon, right?

Infilia, she grabbed her trench coat and her angle knife that her father had given to her when she was younger. A lot of stuff was either inside her wardrobe or her dresser. She didn't have much of value. Besides clothing, and her flute. Maybe her dagger as well?

She grabbed her flute case. Then headed out, wandering to wherever. Where should she go today? Clothing, seemed like the idea, but she couldn't understand, she'd probably forgotten about something. Though, she could be wrong... She had everything with her. Even the money.

Infilia walked out of the Snowsong Hold, a feeling of warmth and excitement spreading through her. Her eyes shifted from a silvery white color, to a more hazel yellow like color. Her eyes shimmered from the light and the bright snow. She waved over to one of the guards that patrolled around the Hold, Occasionally.

She walked off, her feet crunching over snow as she walked the snowy streets of Morwen. She headed off, to one of the stores for clothing attire. Hopefully, she'll find something.

8th bell.

It was getting foggy and fairly swirly with snow and mist. The swooshing sound of the wind increased as Infilia, and any other person in Avanthal walked about the city. It was getting fairly cool, but really windy. Infilias hair started to whip at her face and blow behind her like a cape in the wind. Only, it was her hair. She was kind of lost. Throughout her life in Avanthal, how could she be lost? It is only snow and wind and fog, of course. Oh my, she couldn't be lost. What was going on with this weather that Morwen is cooking up for them? What is happening. . .

Then, the noises of animals moaning. A stable of some sort. She might've heard of this place, but she doesn't usually find herself near animals. But, with the noise, she could trail it and follow it towards the location. It wouldn't hurt, right?

Infilia located the front doors of the White Elk Stables. It was fairly big for a place inside Avanthal. And the brunett sworn that this place was run by the Frostfawn Hold. It didn't matter to her, she found one end of the door and pushed her way inside. The door creaked with greeting. Instantly, she felt a rush of warmth through her body. Her eyes shifted once again to a hazel yellow colour as she grew slightly happy that she found a place away from the storm that was brewing up quickly.

Long rows of stabling for the Elk and Horses altogether. Infilia had a long visage of awe sweep over her like a whistle of a breeze. She noticed another young female. Preparing blankets from the looks of it. She smiled to her, "hello. Mind, if I stay here. It's kind of getting difficult... To see out there."
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Surrender of comfort.

Postby Nemori on July 8th, 2016, 1:28 am

Nemori glanced up at the voice, familiar in the way that all voices around Avanthal were. She assessed the woman before her. Taller. Likely a Vantha judging by the bright yellow eyes that returned her gaze. The brunette hair threw her slightly, it was a rarer thing to see around the holds, but not completely unusual. A trenchcoat obscured any further investigation but Nemori was not particularly surprised, she was still wearing her own coat after all. This woman seemed familiar but Nemori could not place her for a few moments. Had they come through the storm behind her? Nemori would not have been surprised if they had walked besides her during the flurry of snow and sound. The wind battering harder against the wood of the stable as if to punctuate the point. The whistling of the wind was starting to become a constant background noise that she was slowly tuning out. The constant whining of nearby animals had long since become background for Nemori, the storm was harder to drown out however.
“I don’t think much could survive outside for very long” Dark green etched its way into her eyes as she continued to speak. “I hope nobody is out somewhere unsafe…” Concern showed in her voice and she dropped her face away from the other woman, focusing her attention onto the arrangement of the cloth before her. She shuffled a few things, mostly out of desire to have her hands busy. Her shoulders seemed to drop slightly as she thought. A temporarily silence fell upon Nemori as she considered all the information presented to her, the pieces fitting together into the larger puzzle. Briefly she wondered if anybody else was in the stable, hiding away from them for now. It was possible, the stable was large and filled with potential hiding spaces if you wished to stay awat from people. “You’re a Snowsong, if I recall correctly? What craft do you practice?” She chirped, her eyes twisting from green to deep blue then finally settling into pink as she once more looked up. Her body language shifted immediately from concern to interest. In her mind she knew the answer she wanted: storyteller, bard. Someone who could tell her some new tale. She hoped that they would be able to pass the hours happily. Another Frostfawn would have been practical, but a Snowsong could provide untold entertainment for them both.
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Surrender of comfort.

Postby Infilia Snowsong on July 18th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Timestamp |
Location |

Infilia shivered as she closed the wooden door behind her. Some of the animals whinnied or made sheep sounds. "No, I don't think so either. It is quite dangerous outside. Who knows what Morwen could be cooking up for us." She said bluntly as she looked back at the wooden door, then she turned her abode to face the woman still preparing for the weather to come. "You look organized." She said gregariously.

Infilia crept someone closer to Nemori. She felt awkward being by her. She wasn't one to really talk to people. Especially, when she doesn't know them quite well. Though, the woman who was organizing the pice of cloth asked about herself. Two inquiries, that made Infilia shift to uncomfortableness. Her eyes turned into a purple plum hue. "Yes..." She said slowly figuring out what to say.

"I am a Snowsong. Infilias my name. I yearn to be a storyteller one day... Though I don't think that that is quite my path..." She said simply. "Mind if I sit next to you here? What's your name by the way?" She asked as careful as she can.

She put down her flute case and placed it in front of her. She opened it up and inspected the silver like instrument. "Do you fancy music? I'm not a very good musician, but I'm still trying to write my own pieces... What do you do?" She asked. Infilia was unsure who this woman could be or who she is even like at the moment, she can't judge her just by meeting Nemori. Of course, who knows what could happen next, as Infilia waited for Nemori to respond, she watched the animals inside the barn and waited. Listening to when she would speak.

Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Surrender of comfort.

Postby Nemori on July 24th, 2016, 10:20 pm

Nemori noticed the shift in the other woman’s eyes. Purple? She hoped that it was a friendly color. Adjusting to the variation of eye colors was always interesting and a learning experience whenever she met a new Vantha. She wondered for a moment if they shared similar colors but it made little sense for the situation and the idea was quickly dismissed.
“My name is Nemori. I’m a Frostfawn.” Nemori replied with her own information. She felt it unnecessary to answer specifically the things she was talented in, unlike the Snowsong clan the Frostfawn’s all shared the same daily tasks and skills. Sometimes she wondered why some hold names were more descriptive and general then others. “I do like music” She answered pausing for a moment “though I’ve never tried to play any myself” She observed the small case that infilia produced and the metal flute that lay within. Nemori had always liked flute music, it sounded calming to her ears and her eyes shifted into a pale blue as she pieced Infilia’s words together. “I would love to hear your current work, although I probably will not be able to help you” She continued, the idea of getting a sneak peek was appealing although she worried the swishing of wind and noise from the animals might serve as a distraction.
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Surrender of comfort.

Postby Infilia Snowsong on July 27th, 2016, 2:04 pm

TITLE

Infilia was worried still, and a bit more nervous than usual. She recalled Epifanio stating how much she should practice. The flute has a soul of its own. All of those previous day's of actually practicing, she has yet to discover a name for her instrument. What shall it ever be? She has no clue, but she listened closely for the wind. It was still audible, the winds. They sounded like little screams. Just whistling past the Stables.

Infilia wrapped her hands around the base of the flute and let loose a breath. She was nervous, the color of her eyes still honed in with a purple hue. She still didn't really trust Nemori, but if she wants to hear music to be played, she can do it.

Infilia had placed her mouth over the lip plate and she started to play a tune that was sweet and light. The notes were off by a few times, but she was still trying to get the feel of the flute too. She has only had it for this season now, but she still didn't really know how to use it. Every other note, she would be a little off, whether it is high or low. Some of the notes she'll be able to match, bit her face was growing red within the first few chimes of playing. She relaxed and breathed through her nose so that she wouldn't pass out. Breath in, breath out. She thought to herself.

She missed on another note, but she kept playing. The wind whittling past the barn, the winds almost appeared to be muffled as she was playing. Though, some of the animals I'm the barn were getting a bit louder than they usually tend to be. It must be because of the music, thought Infilia. Her face grew red and she released her lips from the lip plate of the flute. "Well... That's all I can do for now...." She started; she felt a little embarrassed, but it seemed right to her that she played. Even if it were a few chimes. She liked the rush, the excitement.

"So your a Frostfawn. What do you typically find yourself doing...." It was by all means a form of starting a small conversation. It'll be good to know a possible friend, even if she were a Frostfawn. She can still be friends with Nemori. Certainly.
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Surrender of comfort.

Postby Nemori on August 8th, 2016, 1:39 am

Nemori listened closely and politely as Infilia played her flute, the soft music dancing out into the stable. Nemori ceased her fabric shuffling and her eyes sunk into dark blue as she listened. Rarely she would notice the missed note or slightly out of place note but her ears were not well tuned to music and as such most of the small mistakes went unnoticed. As the music came to a pause Nemori drew her hands together and smiled brightly. Infilia words seemed filled with uncertainty and she hoped her positivity would encourage them. The request for more information about her life brought Nemori into a bubble of energy.
“Most days I help look after the animals, they are great company” She seemed to jump up sudden and move towards one of the stalls. An elk was peering over towards them, their ears twitching occasionally. Nemori allowed the elk to sniff her hand before gently petting its head. “Kava here is very mellow, but he likes to get his nose into things. You have to be careful with some of them they don’t accidentally get themselves into trouble”. He whined as if in agreement with her words, leaning into the pet slightly. “He doesn’t tend to wander too far from the stable though, you can always find him fairly quickly” Her words tumbled quickly as she related the information. She seemed to hesitate suddenly, as if realising she was not answering the question. “Some days I like climbing some of the trees, or taking an amble around the town. Listen to stories, meeting new people. I don’t really have the skills for going too far away from the main city but I’ve heard lots about it. I try cooking and baking sometimes too, but I am not very good.” Her eyes flickered into pale blue as she spoke. “Do you do anything that isn’t Snowsong?” The question made sense within their culture. The rigid structure of hold skills separating their hobbies more distinctly then other cultures.
Nemori
The cursed snowflake

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Surrender of comfort.

Postby Infilia Snowsong on August 10th, 2016, 12:52 am

TITLE

“Most days I help look after the animals, they are great company” Nemori spoke happily about what she does. Infilia listenes closely, she keeps her pudgy sausage like fingers wrapped about her flute as if she were waiting for a song to be requested, but alas she stayed at a medium with her gestures and stayed calm. Though, her eyes sparkled a sunflower yellow hue almost and her lips curled into a genuine smile.

"That sounds really cool." She replied lightly. The Snowsong had always fantasized almost about being with the animals and working with them. She recalls her father talking to her about them, explaining what some of them could look like.

Infilia jumped a little as the Elk that was watching the two Vantha snorted and peered over to observe them. Nemori reached over and began patting and letting the Elk as if she were best friends with it, but then she spoke.“Kava here is very mellow, but he likes to get his nose into things. You have to be careful with some of them they don’t accidentally get themselves into trouble”. Infilia listened, but she grew confused and looked up at the furry beast.

"He's adorable." She replies scarcely looking up at it. She did not look at his eyes as she knew that that could mean to challenge the animal. "What's the most trouble they've gotten themselves in, do you recall?" She asked contentedly. The Vantha peered over and observed the rest of the Stable. "Do they not like the storm?" She thought aloud...

The Snowsong blushed uncomfortably as she figured that that might've been a moronic inquiry. She was quiet once again, she listens to Nemori speak about Kava. “He doesn’t tend to wander too far from the stable though, you can always find him fairly quickly”

She nodded. It was the least she can do whilst Nemori was answering her questions. Infilia felt a little jumpy when it came to talking about animals. "How do you fair with the animals at a personal level?" She asked with a smooth slick tone to her words. If was smooth like a butter, but sweet in a way like sugar when she had asked. "Do you get along with them quite well?" She says to Nemori.

“Some days I like climbing some of the trees, or taking an amble around the town. Listen to stories, meeting new people. I don’t really have the skills for going too far away from the main city but I’ve heard lots about it. I try cooking and baking sometimes too, but I am not very good.” Nemori said.

"I'm not very good at that myself. I almost broken my leg falling off of it one day." She replied almost chuckling. "I'd love to see outside the city some day as well. I've heard of places that are glorious in some ways." She says warmly. "I'm not very good at cooking either z but I'd love to learn. Perhaps you can show me some of what you do?" She asks.

“Do you do anything that isn’t Snowsong?” Asks Nemori.

"Well, I do have my father's angle knife." Infilia says slowly. "I use it for self defense really. Though, in a place like Avanthal... Who'd really attack someone like me? There's protection almost around every corner of Avanthal you know?" She says slowly.

"But I do love to read and write. Once I learn how to hunt properly I'll venture outside of the city. I'd like to see more of the outside of this frozen city. Don't you?"

Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal