Where the hunter willingly becomes the prey (Jarhal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Aleksi on December 3rd, 2010, 7:32 pm

She smiled warmly and nodded, being sure he wasn't able to find her windmarks. Her eyes went down to the ground again as she pulled on the deer stuff again
"Yes, I have a tattoos, but you can't see them.... at least not when I'm dressed

She blushed lightly and looked down at Luc who growled for some reason, like he understood what she has just said. Her lips curled up in a smile again as she remembered Tebridiar. Every time someone would talk about riding horses she thought of the beautiful young kelvic she has met
"I'd love to meet Topher... and go for a ride as well... seems like a fun thing to do around you... you love horses quite a bit, don't you?"
Last edited by Aleksi on December 4th, 2010, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on December 4th, 2010, 2:02 pm

He raised an eyebrow, perhaps considering asking her when she might be undressed so he could take a better look at those tattoos, but decided against it. It certainly didn't help with her cat growling right beside.

"No more than any other Drykas I think. I certainly prefer riding to walking, but it's difficult to camouflage yourself while sitting on a big horse." The way he said that, however, showed that he'd put quite a bit of thought on getting past that problem. "More aside, we've got to thank the striders for making us what we are. They're our ships on the Sea of Grass."

Talking about all this just made him get the itch to go riding even more. It was difficult to explain to a non-Drykas, but there was a need to ride not unlike the need to eat or drink. He had never heard of anyone dying from going too long without being in the saddle, but it would surely be a miserable existence to be denied his horse. Outsiders from their stone cities just wouldn't understand it.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Words: 76851
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2010, 4:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 4th, 2010, 5:34 pm

Aleksi nodded and smiled warmly. This man has just started something within her, something so beautiful she could never deny it existed. It was time. She needed a horse and she knew there was a horse out there that needed her as well.

"I understand. I actually, felt the need to ride yesterday and as far as I can see, nothing will stop me from doing that in a day or two.", her eyes moved over Jarhal and then she, with a silly blush on her face added quietly "What about your windmarks?"

It was quite obvious she didn't feel comfortable... well, maybe not comfortable, but quite shy about her tattoos. Maybe the man got a wrong idea? Maybe he though the tattoos were in a place where... well, where they shouldn't be...
"I had mine on my thighs..... Basically cause I wear pants most of the time and to be honest, I do not like people starting at them. I tend to show them only to the ones I.... have some sort of a connection with, I guess"

Maybe all of that sounded stupid, but she felt like she had to get that idea out of hers and Jarhal's head. Not that she didn't have tattoos covering most of her body, but... Shaking that next thought out of her head was the best thing she could do.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jarhal Treeshadow on December 5th, 2010, 3:59 pm

"I have my windmarks on my shoulder and chest." He explained simply, but made no move to pull up his shirt to point them out. That just didn't seem like a wise thing to do in the middle of the wild. "I have the same opinion of tattoos that I do names. I'll take on a new one to commemorate a good thing."

Really, he hadn't given any thought to such things as names or tattoos. It seemed like such things would come to you naturally when the time came, or else it just wasn't meant to be. It was difficult to imagine anything so grand happening to him to warrant such a thing either way, much of the recent years had been little but bad luck and boredom.

"We shouldn't be too far from the Tent City now." He said suddenly, even though he well knew that it still wasn't exactly 'close'. As he spoke, he came over to get a grip on the deer. "Let me drag the catch the rest of the way. I need some exercise."

In his family there had always been an unspoken custom that the hunter carried his kill back to the camp, wherever it was. It was a custom Jarhal believed in very much because it helped to keep one from getting greedy and killing more than they needed... however, he felt that the woman with her hurt arm had dragged far enough. Customs could be bent, after all.
Jarhal Treeshadow
Emerald Clan Hunter

Words: 76851
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2010, 4:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet

Postby Aleksi on December 5th, 2010, 4:20 pm

She smiled warmly and looked at Jarhal as he was talking about his tattoos. It was something she always was fond of and something she needed done every now and then, just to ease her mind. Tattooing helped her relax quite a bit.

His comment about the Tent City made her giggle quietly and she looked to the side. As soon as Jarhal offered help she looked back up at him and grinned in a somewhat silly manner. She slowly dropped the deer and stretched, growling quietly as her arm muscles and skin stretched as well.

"Thank you very much Jarhal.... the injury is getting on my nerves, quite honestly... but at least I have a reason to get another tattoo done.", she winked, offering to help Jarhal with the dragging, at least a bit.
"I can help you out if you want me to.... you don't have to drag this thing alone..."

Moving her hand up, she tied her hair tighter so it wouldn't get in her face and stretched once again, noticing the way her clothing was still stuck to her skin. She must have forgotten how the grass was wet while she was hunting and it didn't annoy her much.
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Cardinal on December 6th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Aleksi

Skills:
Stealth 1
Hunting 3
Dagger 2
Wilderness Survival 1

Lore
Hunting with large cats, skinning deer,

Jarhal

Skills:

Tracking 2
Camoflouge 1
Stealth 1
Running 2
Wilderness Survival 1
Observation 1

Lore:

Thanksgiving prayers to Caiyha (moderate), Hunting with large cats (basic), skinning deer

Note: This thread had a really great balance of action and character development. I enjoyed it. :)
Note: I am getting back into the groove of things. Thank you for your patience.
Assistant Storyteller of Endrykas
My Office | Endrykas Lore | Endrykas Play | Drykas Lore
Cardinal
Secretly Itzpapalotl

Words: 12425
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous