Firefly's Serenity

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Firefly's Serenity

Postby Ascen on August 6th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Greetings to each and every one of you. My name is Ascen (no not my real name, but its something that i'd like to be called here) and i am pleased to come to this site finally. I'll admit that after reading the lore and past events it made me wish that i found this site sooner. As for roleplaying, ho boy where to start from here. I've been roleplaying for roughly ten years now through D&D and five years of roleplaying online now. Sadly after a good while i took a break from roleplaying in general because life needed to get stablized enough for me to focus on luxuries such as this. Frankly its safe to say that i simply love to roleplay and while i am new to this site's system and lore i can easily craft a story hopefully with other people this time.

Last time i crafted a roleplay story it was originally for other people to join but it winded up being a solo for a good five full threads. At any rate, i found this site simply by going to google. A lovely search engine that just about everyone uses unless you prefer Bing. However what i searched wasn't Mizahar specifically, instead i went with the "top 10 fantasy rp forums" and it took me to a site named www.toprpsites.com where it displayed exactly 10 forums that fit my description. Maybe 2 or even 3 peeked my interest, but i was being indecisive so i went back to the search engine and i looked just below it to see Mizahar. Curious, i clicked on it and i swear that it was like reading the Codex of Infinite Planes from Pathfinder. In a good way mind you, for i love the lore, but it literally took me a solid day just from reading the events thats happened up until now and reading up on the race of Inarta that i actually picked randomly and decided to stick with it or try to. Additionally i was also taking notes of keywords on paper and writing short descriptions of the keywords mean or places/objects/people of importance just so that i won't have to be searching back into the lore everytime i forget something. Plus it helps me remember them too.

When it comes to roleplay its like breathing air into my character and as such i roleplay just about anything. Granted i don't like the slavery, torture, and such personally. But i always think about what my character would feel, how would my character react to such things? After all this character is not me, granted i could always make them like me but thats a bit boring for me. If one would notice that in some situations like that i don't mind it unless it gets waaaay to far out of hand.

What i like about Mizahar so far is how much in depth the staff members (including the founder) has put into the lore of each and every race, religion, factions, locations, magic, and even the skills! The skills by itself is amazing, though some of them i've noticed are lacking some detail, but thats alright. I mean i swear i was spending almost an hour straight trying to figure out what kind of skill should i take and such. Sure i've read about the Magic later on, but i mostly wanted to focus on the basic stuff first and do the baby steps up the ladder before i tried anything as complex as magic and such. And the Inarta with Wind Reach's ability to have eagle riders that alone was enough to spark my excitement mostly because im always seeing stuff like vampires, elves, dwarves, and hell even becoming dragon riders. I guess you could say that i wasn't burnt out of roleplaying at all, i was just burnt out on the generic fantasy worlds and wanted something fresh and new.

Okay i need to stop fanboying over the lore because its taking up most of the introduction. I do have an alternative character named Lothuialeth Gwilithes that is in Ravok while my main character, Ascen, is located in Avanthal. So anyone in Ravok wishes to roleplay with me i'll be using my alternative while my kiddo Ascen would be training in Avanthal for a good portion of the year unless a time skip happens which i hope it doesn't anytime soon.

A ton of pleasure meeting all of you and hopefully we can make an awesome story together ^^
Secret :
Ascen Reputation Points Faction Title
Citizens 0
Daggerhands -11 Annoyance
Night Eyes +7 Stranger
Vigilantes 0
The Quarter 0
Slavers 0
Sun's Birth 0
Ascen
Player

Words: 121082
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 10:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Firefly's Serenity

Postby Aladari Coolwater on August 9th, 2016, 3:14 am

Welcome, welcome!

It's good to see you're settling in here. The lore is indeed vast, and it's also one of my favorite parts of the site.

I don't have characters in Avanthal or Ravok, so roleplaying this season isn't likely. However, my PM box is always open for questions if you should need, and CHAT is a wonderful resource for quick advice.

I will hopefully see you in future seasons. :)
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Firefly's Serenity

Postby Ascen on August 9th, 2016, 3:48 am

I'll do that if I have any questions. Its a shame that we can't roleplay though, but the one in Ravok has a higher chance of moving unless the people of Avanthal find out that Ascen is a Morphing user.

It might come sooner or it might not :3 depends on what happens in the roleplays that I'm doing now lol
Secret :
Citizens 0
Night Eyes +7 Stranger
Vigilantes 0
The Quarter 0
Slavers 0
Sun's Birth 0
Ascen
Player

Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 10:59 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Firefly's Serenity

Postby Arya Nallithes on August 27th, 2016, 4:32 am

Hello and welcome to Mizahar Ascen ^~^

I am fairly new to this site myself and even though i technically have been going through the lore since yesterday i just joined maybe ten minutes ago. I don't think my character is going to be placed in Avanthal, but i hope we can meet IC sometime soon ~
Arya Nallithes
Player

Words: 3755
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2016, 4:28 am

Firefly's Serenity

Postby Ascen on August 27th, 2016, 4:40 am

Hello to you too Arya, welcome to Mizahar!

If you have any questions or anything regarding about lore and trying to write up a history PM one of the Storytellers and they should help you come up with an idea. I am currently rewriting my character and starting my character elsewhere. So there's a chance that i'll be closer to the west area of Mizahar. So if you're starting somewhere in the Kalea Region then there's a chance we can meet IC later on.
Secret :
Citizens 0
Night Eyes +7 Stranger
Vigilantes 0
The Quarter 0
Slavers 0
Sun's Birth 0
Ascen
Player