Closed A Touch of Magic

Sayana seeks out Reysin to learn auristics.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

A Touch of Magic

Postby Sayana on June 21st, 2016, 10:50 pm

Sayana slowed her breathing, trying to regain some semblance of composure. When the Dhani laid a hand upon her arm it was comforting, and she placed her high hand lightly upon his forearm. However, when he spoke she could not meet his eyes and she stared decidedly over his shoulder instead.

“I will not be staying in Alvadas for much longer, Reysin.” Sayana replied to his suggestion. “I have some unfinished business across the Suvan Sea. I have also made enemies here, even if I have made friends like yourself.” Her left high hand absently strayed towards her chest before she brought it down.

“You are a good friend though,” she added and now looked into his eyes, his light tousled hair framing his face. “Should we cross paths again in Alvadas, Syliras, or some far place your presence and friendship will always be welcome. But if you don’t mind, please keep my departure a secret until I am long gone.” There was a certain Eypharian slave who she didn't want to know of her departure just yet. Not until it was too late.

“I’ll get better at the sense. Somehow. Maybe I have to give it some time.” She wasn’t the best at being patient especially when she thought she should be able to do the magic, that she deserved to. But the more she lingered on her inability to perform it as well as she ought to, the more it would frustrate her. At least that much she knew.

“But Reysin, before I go, you never told me your full name.” Sayana spoke with sly smile and an accompanying wink. “Indulge me, and maybe I’ll return to Alvadas someday.”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

A Touch of Magic

Postby Yisanareysin on June 22nd, 2016, 10:37 am

"Will misss you when you leave."

Rey was almost surprised to realise the words were true. In their handful of encounters, Sayana had become a true friend to him, non dhani though she was. Still, it was not particularly surprising to him that she was leaving. Being transformed into another race entirely would have an impact on anyone, he imagined, and if she had made enemies here too, he understood the need to leave.

Unfinished business across the Sea... the faraway husband who had given her the lakan? Rey did not pry. This was something that clearly meant much to her, and he doubted he could learn anything she was not willing to give.

"Will not sspeak of your leaving. Have care, alwayss, with the ssense. A fire can burn even sshe who holdss it. Would not wissh to ssee you conssumed by your own flame."

He squeezed her arm gently, then let his hand drop to his side.

"Ass for my name..." He matched her smile, and dipped into a theatrical bow. "Thiss one hass the honour to be Yisanareysin, sson of Varisoyisana, who wass daughter of Ssyniavariso. And I hope, my friend, that we do meet again ssomeday."

Snake Tongue : Common : Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

A Touch of Magic

Postby Hwyn on August 7th, 2016, 4:20 am

Ooh la la, I beleive your actions have garnered the attention of a grading fairy.

Character: Yisanareysin
Exp earned:
Auristics; 2
Teaching: 3
Intelligence 2
Observation 2
Socialization 2
Subterfuge 3

Lores gained:
Sayana: Feeling everything and nothing.
Sayana: has enemies and friends in Alvadas
Sayana: Someone I can call freind
Auristics: Easterners call it Auristics

Other: Good job teach, short sweet and a good show of personality on Rey's part.

Character: Sayana

Exp earned:
Auristics: 1
Tracking 1
Intelligence 1
Deduction 1
Logic 1
Subterfuge 3
Stealth 1
Lores Gained:
Auristics: It is like a scent but much more
Auristics: More intelligent creatures have more "Scent"
Auristics: Everything about something is within it's aura.
Auristics: Empty your mind to see everything.
Auristics: Sensory overloads
Reysin: Yisanareysin, sson of Varisoyisana, who wass daughter of Ssyniavariso.
Reysin: Teacher and freind
Other: I wasn't really able to give you much exp with auristics considering the result of it's use, however I hope the lore counters that. Other than that good thread. I liked the fact that you showed even a magic like auristics has it's fair share of danger associated with it.

Notes: nothing I can think of, it was a good read and was far from boring even if it was a thread for learning. If I missed anything do feel free to Pm me!

Credit to Shimoje, the bestest buddy
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)