Completed [Red Diamond Tavern]Performing out of Nervousness (1)

Summer Job Thread: Once

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Red Diamond Tavern]Performing out of Nervousness (1)

Postby Infilia Snowsong on August 29th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Timestamp:
: 2nd, Fall, 516av

It was chilly. Windy, nonetheless it was comfortable. Infilia grasped onto her flute, it was still unnamed. She had it for years prior to this, she focused mainly on her signing and performing during those times. It was something that she wanted to do, and now she has an actual location to perform at. It was something to look froward to, it brought excitement to Infilia. She couldn't be any happier. Especially when she has the chance to play in front of others. She has had many chances before, but not as many like these where she gets to play at an actual location, full of people. Instead of just playing withing the Hold.

Infilia hadn't minded that so much. It just didn't give her the attention that she was yearning for. Now, she has that attention. Now, she can start her path, her path of becoming a performer. Something that she had always wanted to become. Ever since she was a little kid.

Infilia was making her way through the Frozen City, and heading for the Red Diamond Tavern. One of the most busiest taverns throughout Avanthal. So many other people will be there, it'll make things fun and intriguing. Plus, Infilia gets to show off some of her pieces.

~~~~~

Red Diamond Tavern

Three levels.

That's what makes up a building like this. Three levels of entertainment. Infilia stopped at the entrance. Her hand was shaking almost vigorously as she inched closer and closer to the handle of the wooden door. She decided to take a breath, and relented the handle. She stepped back a few paces, she contemplated the opportunities, she was nervous about entering. What would happen if no one liked her music? Would they fancy spectating her dancing? Would they like anything?

Infilia sighed. Of course they will. She puts on a nervous smile, she switched hands with her case, and takes hold of the handle, knuckles turning white. She opened the door and walked in.
Last edited by Infilia Snowsong on March 31st, 2017, 3:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Infilia Snowsong on August 30th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Timestamp:: Day, Summer, 516ab

Once Infilia opened the door, and entered the main room of the Red Diamond Tavern, Infilia took in her surroundings. She was surprised, nonetheless, it wasn't anything she hadn't seen before. It was just like any other building, but it appeared to be really busy. It just appeared to be big, as the people gathered at tables within the center of the room, versus everyone being seated along the outer tables. Waiters and waitresses were limited, though Infilia assumed that being a barmaid wouldn't be so challenging. The Vantha made her way over to an end of the Red Diamond Tavern.

There was a large group, gathering around a couple of men who seemed to be chatting about a catch that they've made earlier in the day. Infilia stopped, to listen mostly. She turned to face the small crowd. Sure, it'll be alright before she plays, to listen someone talk about a fresh catch.

"We were out within the Frozen Wastelands." The man informed the audience. He looked up, and noticed Infilia listening. The Snowsong blushed, but she stayed where she was, wanting to know more about his catch. This man looked like a Vantha, tall, taller than her, for sure. Dark hair, bright blue iris'. The man continued. Looking around the rest of his small audience. "It was the largest Elk I have ever caught. Ever." He stated almost excitedly.

"One of it's antlers were so massive, I had it hung over my mantle. Above the fireplace." He smiled, there were a few mumbles and a few dismissive waves. Infilia sighed. She couldn't stop thinking about that Vantha. Even if his words don't make sense. Or did they, and Infilia figured that that man was being insecure. Or was she just being ignorant. Infilia couldn't understand what that man was saying, but she knew it was important. She didn't like it, being caught up in her thoughts.

There was a touch on her shoulder.

She turned and saw a man, his face tensed and Infilia blushed. "Your Infilia?" He asks her sternly. Infilia nodded profoundly. She observed the man. "Good. You must be her. Your playing tonight, yes?" He asks her looking at the case. He ehed the case. Carefully. Like it was something very important to her, Infilias knuckles grew white with worry and tension. Her eyes shifted purple. She was curious, but she was a little fearful of the man. There was something peculair about him.

"Yes. I'll be playing. I'm playing the flute. I also am working on a dance with the song as well as the song." She replied, blushing.

"Well, we'll clear a spot for you and then you can play. Stick around, yeah?" He pats Infilia on the shoulder and starts to make room. He looks at Infilia and gestured for her to come over. The Red Diamond Tavern grew silent, it was slow to gather their attention, but they waited. Waited for Infilia to start playing, well some of them did at least.

Word Count From both threads:

847 words total.
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Infilia Snowsong on September 7th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Timestamp:: Day, Summer, 516ab

Usually, the people wouldn't wait, but half of the visitors and clientele toned down a few. It was nerve-racking to look at for Infilia, she was already just starting to shake as she was getting out her flute to play. She has been working on a song, a few actually. So that'll keep their heads up to listen. All Infilia needed to do was play. What'll happen if no one liked her music? Well... Infilia would keep trying, she'll be good at it eventually, even if she's not so good at it currently. That will change. It'll always change, no doubt about it and she'll be there to make the change if she needs to. But, she figured that she'll play quite well tonight, she hoped. She sighed a silent prayer to Morwen, asking her for the confidence that she might need. She breathed a little slow, steady even. It was a good trick to help her relieve some stress.

She started to play. Infilia blew into the flute, lightly hitting that soft mark as she blew in. The vantha swayed a little through rests. She twirled some, catching the attention of some of the men, she wasn't a very good dancer either, but she's practicing on that as well. She hasn't made up an actual dance yet, but as she kept playing, she'll be coming up with the moves as she goes about. It made her feel good, comfortable even that she's perfomring like an actual Snowsong. It was one of those things that made her feel comfortable and that feeling stayed with her as long as she performed. It was the best that she could do for now. She twirled and twirled a few times more, the notes playing out of her flute perked up a higher volume than they should. Though, the music still sounded good.

The song lasted for about five chimes. She took her mouth off the mouth piece of the flute as she stopped and waited for the applause. She bowed lightly and carried her flute and case with her to the counter to get a few refreshments. Her throat was patched but she'll obviously play again once she's recovered.

1213 words
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Infilia Snowsong on October 21st, 2016, 4:13 pm

"That was swell."A man said, walking over to Infilia, the Vantha looked up from her glass of water, her throat was just feeling refreshed. She held onto her glass of water, as her flute, rested beside her stool, her flute case was sitting on top of the counter just in front of her, she had nothing to eat at this moment, but she wasn't that hungry yet, but playing the flute for a long period of time did get her somewhat hungry.

"Thank you."Infilia said, looking up at the man before her, he looked like a Vantha, he had the dark hair, the colored eyes, his eyes now, looked like a pink/purple hue, while Infilia's were a platinum white hue, she could look like a blind person, but she was, for a fact, not blind by any means, and if somebody told her that, she'd be quite offensive .

"You should come play with me... I mean music wise, your flute playing sounded magnificent."The man said, smiling, "May I sit?"He asked, looking at Infilia and pointing his sausage-like index finger to the stool next to her, other Vantha were watching, those who were sitting close to Infilia more than those sitting from afar. It didn't bother her much, but she wished that they wouldn't stare, but as the man sat down, anyways, the other customers looked away and it relaxed Infilia some. She sighed, looking down at her cup of water, it was almost gone, she waved down the waiter, and asked for another cup, he went onto it right away, and quickly came back, spilling a few drops here and there.

"Where do you play?"Asked Infilia, she added, "what do you play?"

"I play the Violin."Said the man, looking up at Infilia with a glow in his eyes. It didn't intrigue Infilia much, she stayed still, and the Vantha was curious, but nonetheless, she didn't express it, but she was really thinking of her next song to play.

Though, listening to the man's responses, Iniflia contemplated whether or not if he would want to play in her next song, she wasn't really sure what to play, since she exhausted most of her known music. Maybe, asking the man what sort of music the man knows, she'll let him play.

"Interesting, so what kind of tunes do you play?"The man hesitated, perhaps he didn't sound as good as he said, perhaps he's all talk and no walk? Whatever that means, Infilia heard a human say that one day; when she visited Avanthal. Infilia didn't really know why anyone not Vantha would want to visit Avanthal, as it's merely the coldest city in all of Mizahar, but visiting Avanthal does have it's perks, and even living in it rewards those who do, by many means. It's really rewarding to know that your true Goddess is there, and watching over you, as she resides in her own city; Morwen, Infilia didn't really know any other cities who have their Gods/Goddesses living inside of it? Though, there could be some.

" I can play few songs."The man said, looking at Infilia, his eyes shifting to a hue of blue, was it worry, was it embarrassment? Whatever it was, Infilia had a feeling that it wasn't something that made him feel excited by any means, why would the man feel upset about it?

"That's fine, I only know a few too, we can learn together?"Infilia said aloud, she gasped, but looked at the male Vantha, and she blushed, her eyes shifting to a hue of purple, she was a little nervous, nonetheless, she didn't really want to dismiss the man. She enjoyed the little conversation. She just hoped that she'll be able to play soon, without any trouble.

WC: 1825

|"Infilia." | "Vantha Speech." | "Common."|

Others | "Other Vantha." | "Other Common." |
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Infilia Snowsong on October 31st, 2016, 1:25 pm

"Sure, that sounds somewhat like fun." The man said slowly; taking a sip of his wine as he looked at Infilia with content eyes, his colored eyes were more of a lavender, Infilia tried to guess what it meant, Content? Tired? What would lavender mean from this guy, and who is this guy? She wondered, eyeing the man carefully. Her own eyes stayed at a constant silvery tone, almost pearl white-ish as she was content and pretty much relaxed, she liked talking about music.

"What do you admire about Morwen?"Infilia asked, curious to know what he thought about her, he did appear to be the usual Vantha that's around here at Avanthal, and most if not all Vantha honor Morwen.

"I find her intriguing; she really comes around, you know?" The man said looking at Infilia was a look of compassion. Infilia took a drink of her water; since she's not much of a wine or ale person, she mostly prefers the water instead, pretty much in every case scenario.

"I think so, tell me..."Infilia looked at the man closely.

"Tell you what?" The man said gazing at the woman's eyes intently and inching closer. If it was one thing that annoyed her the most, it was men who always seemed to want to bed with her, and she wanted to figure it all out before he admits; and before she makes a mistake.

"Do you find me pretty?"The woman said; eyeing the man's glass of wine. She was very curious at this point.

"Oh... you're gorgeous; you seem as pretty as the skies above us." The man slowly rested his hand on Infilia's thigh. It sent awkward signals through her mind; and she didn't feel comfortable with it. She wanted it to stop. Now. Her eyes shifted color; a mere color of purple. Infilia sighed.

"I apologize; but I'm not that kind of lady."Infilia said looking at the man with concern. The man was flabbergasted, confused a bit even.

"Oh, I wasn't intending to...." The man began. He coughed on a drink of wine as he quickly returned his last move and turned away shyly.

"Hmm, I'm sorry, but I really am not that kind of girl."Infila said.

"What are you talking about?" The man said turning back around and looked at Infilia carefully. Now, his eyes appeared to be some shade of green, Infilia wasn't sure what kind of green, but it's always important; when looking at a Vantha to try to determine what other color his/her eyes are. Infilia was taught that by her parents before they moved out of Avanthal. Her parents were originally Snowsong, but thye left on a voyageawhile back and haven't returned, she was told to stay here and wait or their return a few years ago, she was scared, not because they were leaving her, but scared for their safety. She prayed to Morwen almost every night for their safe voyage.

"I'm talking about bedding with."The girl said again, a little nervously.

"Oh, I see, I didn't mean anything by that, truly."His eyes shifted to a mere orange like color and Infilia wondered whether or not if he was timid, or anxious; maybe he was nervous?

"I hope to not have offended you, but if you still want to play music together... we can?"The woman said carefully, making sure to talk her way out of it. Everyone around her wasn't really paying attention to what she was doing, at this point there was another performer who was playing some sweet lullaby. It did make Infilia feel somewhat tired, she was already tired when she was performing herself. "After all, practice is perfect?"

"I guess we could start there?" The man said, eyeing Infilia closely, but he of course kept his distance.

"Okay, glad we can do that. What's your name by the way?"

The man nodded and smiled some, looking at Infilia still, he ignored his glass of wine.

"Tam. Tam Whitevine." A Whitevine? Now that was something... Infilia hadn't met too many of those. For sure, perhaps this would look good on her reputation?

"Glad to meet you, Tam I'm Infilia. Infila Snowsong."

WC: 2518

|"Infilia." | "Vantha Speech." | "Common."|

Others | "Other Vantha." | "Other Common." |
Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Maro on March 26th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Infilia

Skills

+Dancing +1
+Investigation +1
+Meditation +1
+Musical Instrument: Flute +1
+Observation +3
+Socialization +3

Lores

-Infilia: Yearns for Attention
-Red Diamond Tavern: A Great Location for Performers
-Red Diamond Tavern: A Place for Hunters to Boast
-Slow, Steady Breathing: Good for Calming One's Nerves
-There's a Comfort to Be Found in Performing
-Water: A Performer's Best Friend
-It's Comforting to Have One's Goddess Living in the City
-Music: A Comfortable Subject of Conversation
-Watching Fellow Vanthas' Eye Colors to Gauge Emotion
-Tam Whitevine: A Violin Player
-Tam Whitevine: An Overly "Friendly" Stranger

Notes :
Good solid job thread, Infilia. In the future, you may want to have more of your work spread throughout the socialization, but as you said, this was one of your first threads. Keep up the good work, and enjoy Alvadas. Please make sure to edit your request to 'graded' in the queue and PM me if you think I've missed something in your grade or would like something rephrased.
Maro
Player

Words: 179660
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2014, 1:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)