The Dreamscape Movement!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

The Dreamscape Movement!

Postby Kahll on August 29th, 2016, 10:43 pm

A few of us in chat have been talking and turns out it had been a while since anyone did a Dreamscape thread. These threads don't award XP. They likely won't even be graded due to overworked moderators needing to look after their own stuff. That's not the point. This is not why we're here! This could open up a whole world of possibilities!

Have you ever hit a wall while writing for your character? Sure you have. Everyone has! Maybe this could be that sweet way out you're looking for. I propose we all get in touch in this thread, or in chat, or over PMs... the medium hardly matters.

What matters is that we get all people interested in this aware of the fact that in the following days, there will be a few dream threads coming up. I would like to extend a hand out to all of you and invite you to try and take part. I think it will be a great experience for everyone involved.

What can you do in these threads? You can have your character from Sunberth and your best buddy's character from Avanthal meet within a dream and write in an impossible scenario. What would've taken you much inconvenience if done in the waking world could be just the vent you need to let creativity flow back into your fingers.

A final note would be - I know that the rules expressly state that all these threads are open at all times, but I think it would still be cool to talk to people already engaged in the thread when you're like fifth or sixth person about to jump in. Especially if things have been going on for a while.

No worries here though, when one thread gets overpopulated - heck, we'll build another! I imagine these threads like IC scrapbooks. All the ideas you ever wanted to pursue, but can't logistically pull off yet, you could attempt here. That's a great thing!

I'm not much of a motivational speaker. This idea came about like an hour ago or something, but I wanted it out in the open while it's fresh. Flock in numbers and get in touch. Or don't get in touch, and surprise us all when the thread happens. I'm looking forward to these things!

Join the excitement!
Kahll
Player

Words: 30889
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2016, 8:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Dreamscape Movement!

Postby Levali on August 29th, 2016, 10:50 pm

Heroic. Be sure to give me a message when it comes up. ;)
Levali
Icebreaker

Words: 48365
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2016, 4:11 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Dreamscape Movement!

Postby Deliath on August 31st, 2016, 12:42 am

I'd be up for a dreamscape thread!
Any speech in bold is Common
"Fratava" || "Shiber"
Anything in italics are thoughts
Deliath
Read profile for details of hiatus

Words: 73363
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

The Dreamscape Movement!

Postby Kahll on September 2nd, 2016, 11:08 am

Our first thread is up.

The idea is that each person dreams individually within their own chavi. Sometimes, these chavi interlock into more complex structures. This is the time where, if only for a moment, we get to experience each other's dreams as something else entirely. Something mutual. Looking forward to having more people aboard. :)
Kahll
Player

Words: 30889
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2016, 8:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets