Announcements

ST Soapbox

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Announcements

Postby Prophet on May 11th, 2016, 3:31 am

Greetings & Salutations!

I'm so excited to be opening Avanthal. There's so much already established that returning players should have no problems and hit the ground running. For the new players, there's a lot to read but please take the time to do so. Trust me, it will benefit you to invest a bell or two and delve into the Player's Guide. I have found a few issues (nothing major) but I'm officially labeling the whole thread a work in progress. If you have any questions or find any discrepancies do not hesitate to inform me.

For all of you, I have set up an entirely new OOC section in the subforum Inside the Icehouse. This is where the grades, wages, jobs, development and general OOC threads are located. Slide on over and check them out. If any of you have been around a while, you might know that I love development but I enjoy it even more when the players get in on the action.

I can't wait to see what kind of colorful stories we can carve out of this frozen wonderland! If you want to know a little bit more about me, feel free to visit my office, send me a PM or wander over to the Endrykas forum. So there's really only one question you need to ask yourself...

Are you ready to learn your fate?

A Firenze Template
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Announcements

Postby Prophet on May 28th, 2016, 6:21 pm

Just an FYI, I have seen many people discuss Wilderness Survival in regards to Avanthal. The biome that you should use is Tundra. That is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Announcements

Postby Prophet on May 31st, 2016, 11:31 pm

Hello, all.

As it stands right now, we only have a few players and that is fine by me but it does create some unique situations. Please use the OOC thread to communicate with one another and plot your character courses together. Remember that Avanthal is a very close-knit community and one would know a lot of the other residents especially in one's own hold. Also, it would be nice if claimed events were left as open threads or PM to Join so collaboration can be possible.

Finally, since we are restarting a city, I want to do it the right way. I want everyone to feel like they've been heard and included that way we can have a solid base of PCs to build upon. If you're looking at the calendar and thinking that none of those things appeal to your character, then PM me or request a moderated thread. Please bear in mind that I can always create some 'tailored' events. I only made a few because I wasn't sure what type of response the playerbase would have to the frozen city. That's all I got for now. Welcome and enjoy yourselves!

-Prophet

Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Announcements

Postby Prophet on September 5th, 2016, 11:17 pm

Gather 'round, poets, healers, hunters and heathens!

Back from a short but much needed break from real life, I have reached a few conclusions and received some revelations that I wish to share. First in line is I intend to get more information up in the Codex. I have several (clothing, festivals, special occasions, hunting, etc)halfway reworked and will be adding them soon.

The mandatory threads have been changed. I went over this in the OOC thread but just want to reaffirm that Icewatch Tax threads are no longer a thing. Hold threads generate rewards so PM me the link and I shall go through and make a note for the graders. Again, if you completed the Icewatch Tax threads...completed...send me a PM with the link and I'll work out some kind of bonus. It turns out the Founders never approved the use of the taxation and were unaware of it. When I approached them to make some changes, everything came to light and they have been expelled.

I have a massive rewrite in the works for IceWatch. It's so complicated right now that I'm not even sure why anyone would ever join. I want to change that so there is a clear definition of what is expected. I also want to make the NPC list easier to use. It's a mess as it stands so that may take some extra time but I'll get there.

Morwen's Mark - if you do no have one, you should be writing that your character is always cold, even when in clothes. Inside the city, warm clothes (layers) should be sufficient for an adult. Outside of the city, if your player does not have Ice Reaving, they WILL be cold.

I have this dream of creating an actual map for Avanthal. I've tried several times and keep throwing it away because one look at my work makes me want to vomit. :P I am not one to give up so easy but this could be another 'down-the-road' thing since it's so time consuming. I can write a small novel in the time it takes me to outline the city and divide up the Holds. Please know that this map might see the end of several locations so I would like everyone to take a moment and go through the linkmap as it is currently. If you see something that is absolutely useless or absolutely vital, please let me know in a PM. Title it "Avanthal Linkmap Locations" so I cane asily access and organize the information.

To the newly arriving players, be sure to ask questions of those who have been here a while. There is a great deal that they can teach and share with you.

Enjoy, children. Enjoy your writing. Enjoy your characters and enjoy the stories we write together. I certainly do.

That is all.

An Elysium Template
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Announcements

Postby Gossamer on March 8th, 2021, 12:16 am

Bluster has let me know he's too busy IRL to continue his duties here on Miz. He will return when and if he can.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)