Closed [The Kabrin Road] Pure As Snow (Leeta)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[The Kabrin Road] Pure As Snow (Leeta)

Postby Caesarion on July 31st, 2015, 2:30 am

The man listened to her story. It began with sadness. There was not an instant where it didn't consist - at least - of sadness, of grief, of dread and regret. The story as it unfolded made him feel arrogant by claiming that his own childhood was troubled. Her mother and father were both dead - slain by one another? How twisted. And her sister . . . suicide. Her brother, illness, at least a mercy compared to what the rest of the family got. Caesarion-Rhaenon's eyes expressed his grief in hearing her story. His lips curved downward into a frown. He couldn't imagine that all of that happened in such quick succession. How did a family disassemble so quickly?

She followed with a story about the woods - and how eventually they came to possess a feeling of dread as her family grew more exhaustively anxious for power through Maledicted artifacts. He knew that magic always possessed risk, but it was hard to believe that it could turn a family against itself so easily. In search of power, they instead simply died . . . mother killing father and vice-versa, sister killing self, and illness against brother. Was the illness that of a Maledicted curse? He could not know. Perhaps even Leeta did not know. But he could understand why she wanted a new beginning - why it was a fantasy of hers to make that great escape into the open world, far away from Zeltiva, which he could very easily accept as being a place of evil in her mind. That was appropriate. "A mage's intuition is the most powerful thing, Leeta. If you felt dread, then surely you were right to leave." He couldn't exactly forget that she acted like a theatrical drama queen about it, but it didn't really matter very much. Perhaps strangeness was how she dealt with grief.

He didn't really know what to say. He didn't want to let things become silent though - like it was awkward, like she shouldn't have brought it up. There was no reason for her to feel - at all - apologetic. "I'm glad you told me about that, but I'm sorry that it had to happen. It is unfortunate that magic can turn people so wild for power and glory - but it also helps to teach people like you and I a lesson." He sighed. The man decided he would share some of his own background with her, too, if only so she got some look into him. "Nothing bad like that happened to me. I had an exalted life. I was raised by Panthos, a wealthy family of slavers in Ravok. My father was Mhaenies Panthos, a strange name, though if I recall it meant something in some dead language or other. My mother was Lyssa, my brother Rhaenon. All of them are currently alive but my father. He died of stress at a young age . . . forty-five if I recall, just a few years ago." He repeated another sigh as he mentioned that. His voice seemed restrained. Recently, he'd come to feel discourse on the subject of his father, especially when speaking about his death.

The feeling was even more mixed when it came to his mother and brother. "I don't suspect my mother will ever die. She looks about my age despite being nearly twice that. An intimidating woman. My brother takes after her and my father - the perfect specimen, crafted by Rhysol's skilled talons, seeking to be made into a Druvin. I saw him shortly after the Djed Storm . . . he was outstanding, the energy about him electric. I could see him as becoming The Voice one day. He's come so far." He of course admired his brother. Reimancy prodigy, skilled talker and physical combatant, natural-born leader and businessman. A lady-killer, and surely any man if he ever sought such a thing. He was everything. Caesarion's mother was the 'Maiden of Ravok', and his brother was its gallant Knight. A family to die for . . . if you excluded the dead father, who struggled to function for much of his career, and the rebel son.

"Fortunately for us all, that is all past me now. I was actually very unhappy in Ravok, due to jealousy, pressure, and moral conflicts. So, I left. Went to Syliras. Went to Sahova. I gained new perspectives - so many. The world around me has changed, and I have changed with it. Morphed . . . if you would dare say," he smiled faintly, then sat back up again. He tried not to look so lazy considering the topic of conversation. "I don't want to seem arrogant, but I've become a great man compared to who I used to be. Finally someone worthy of my name, and of my birthplace. You will change too, as we migrate across the map. Eventually you won't recognize the old Leeta, and all of your grief. You'll only see the new woman, who will surely be a masterpiece in the eyes of her peers." He stood up, turned around and reverted his form - his face shifted back to normal, though she wouldn't see it as he was looking opposite from her.

He exhaled. "Apologies if this seems abrupt, but I will be retiring for the night. I fear I've used too much Djed and now feel quite tired. In the morning, early morning, before we leave . . . or in the evening before we set up camp, you may come into my room and wake me if you would like to explore something. Reimancy, Hypnotism, Malediction, Morphing. Whatever the subject, I'd be happy to oblige." The man hoped she didn't believe he'd leave because of her story - his real reason was instead that he sought to relax himself and recuperate from the stinging and Djed loss. Additionally, he wanted to think on what she had said and what she did. Re-imagine his approach to Morphing, as well as his relationship with the other mage. He bowed his head slightly, picked up his lantern, then moved through the tent's flaps and lit the thing again with Reimancy - before heading back to his tent after whispering the words, 'goodnight, Miss Snow'.
Caesarion
Your world was burning, and I stood watching.

Words: 415638
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2013, 5:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Leeta Snow on July 31st, 2015, 3:24 am

Desire to cry passed her senses with every deep breath she took. She also found it more easy to talk about now than when speaking after it happened. Perhaps in all time she would too choose to forget her past, to be morphed into someone new. A mage’s intuition was a very powerful thing and she nodded calmly when he said it. She perhaps did act like a drama queen, yet everything was ending, doom was at her doorstep. Sometimes it just made it better to flop about and whine about your situation than actually do something about it. Perhaps in that regard she failed at life. Someone up there was looking out for her; or for Caesarion. She wasn’t sure.

Regardless her purpose in this chance meeting, she was thankful for where she was. The old her was dead, claimed by the land that sought after her. It got its sacrifice and now she was new. He revealed his family history and she listened with a sad look still upon her face. She frowned more after hearing about his father. She pouted now visibly to show her emotion, which for her face it stood out. Even when she didn’t want to it seemed like she was somewhat happy.

Nearly smiling, she broke her frown when he spoke of his mother and how she would likely never die and how youthful she was. Her mother was the same way in a sense. She listed to how how the man before her was privileged and set apart, yet still had to overcome his struggles. She could hear the almost envious words he spoke about his brother, setting him up on a pedestal. He made it seem like he was truly amazing and she wondered at it. He certainly looked attractive as she looked to his copy sitting in her tent, but not so glorious and powerful as something like the voice.

He then revealed jealousy, pressure (something his father seemed to die from), and moral conflicts. It was a hard life even if not much death was visited upon it, perhaps even more difficult than her own. Calmly she listened, lowering the tools she had in her hands down to her lap, as if in a trance by his words. It was due to her distracted nature and his brother’s deep voice. She was almost lulled away from the pain that he had brought up into her mind. She did listen, and listened closely. A small smile once again played across her mouth as he mentioned morphing and she looked to him. Her eyes had a slight watery glaze to them, more so than normal, no doubt having come close to crying.

As he focused his conversation toward his lacking arrogance she folded up her legs to her chest in anticipation for what he had to say. What he had to say was very sweet and friendly. She pursed her lips and whispered, “Thank you…” He certainly had a way with words and she appreciated it. With a brush of her hair behind her ear nervously, even though it was already stuck there firmly; dead like a limp noodle, she had a compulsion out of bashfulness. He then stood up and let out a deep breath, looking as if he was going to leave. She watch him curiously as she dropped her tools and the block silently into her lap; her body and dress making a pocket for them as her legs were raised. She listened to him and as she did she nervously moved her hands down to her feet to idly play with her toes as he said he was leaving and she was welcome to come to his tent whenever.

“Okay…” she said longingly and then changed her tone to a somewhat normal sound. “Get some good sleep.” He whispered her a goodnight and she smiled faintly to herself and as the shuffle of grass could be heard and the light of his lantern seen passing her tent she mentioned to herself. “I need to get tired from Djed loss.” The girl flopped backward on the fur and took in a deep breath. After a chime she shrugged and continued her whittling, not letting the drama of the subjects spoken about affect her any longer.

Other's Words -- My Words -- My Thoughts
Leeta Snow
Player

Words: 66231
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2015, 1:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Okara on September 7th, 2016, 10:49 pm

Grades and Awards

Leeta Snow
Not graded due to inactivity.

Please edit your post in your grade request to reflect that it has been graded. PM me with any questions.
Okara
Great stories start with humble beginnings.

Words: 218993
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2016, 12:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous