Location The Magistrates Office, Apply for Freeborn Status

A place to apply for freeborn status and jobs

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

The Magistrates Office, Apply for Freeborn Status

Postby Darshan on August 4th, 2016, 1:26 am

Darshan had never originally been from kenash, and rumor had it that there was an office where one applied for their “freeborn” status. Freedom had to be applied for in a city as wonderful as this one? He had multiple questions that would remain unanswered, and as he approached he was greeted by a younger woman. She appeared to be human at first glance, but he did not bother to question it and took the form from her swiftly. As he took the form and read over all of the information he noticed that a freeborn was to be branded in order to avoid enslavement.

That was totally fine, Darshan was a man that tended to enjoy pain and all of the wonderful sensations it gave. He signed the paper and handed it back to the young lady only to be left waiting for several ticks.

Name: Darshan

Place of Birth: Syliras

Job Title seeking: PoisonCrafter

Freeborn Status:(yes or no) Yes

Relevant skills: Poison, Herbalism, Philtering

Do you have any slaves that are coming in with you from outside of Kenash:
No
Darshan
Player

Words: 8688
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2016, 8:15 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Kiera on September 16th, 2016, 5:00 am

⚜ Kiera ⚜

Keira never really had to do this before but now…well now she really had no choice. Staring up at the doors that seemed way too grand to the petite girl, the now blonde teen sucked in a breath to try and calm her nerves. She knew needed to do this and as nerve-wrecking as it was, she ambled on in. A small push allowed the door to slip open a fraction and with that, she slipped inside.

"Good day, how may I help you?" The voice that greeted her caused her to swivel. A small smile pulled at her lips as she tried to be as steady as she could be.

“A-ah…I would like to apply to be a freeborn.” She held her breath as she was stared at before the form was slipped over towards her.

“Thank you…” She picked up the item and moved away to the side to fill it out.

Name? Age? Those two were easy enough to fill out. She paused as she approached the next line. Place of birth? She had been born in Kenash but…no one needed to know that. With a quick scribble, she placed down the name of the town her father occasionally frequented on his business trip. The rest of the form was filled out easily enough with just a bit of twisted skill sets.

Name: Kiera
Place of Birth: Riverfall
Job Title seeking: Maid/Waitress
Freeborn Status: Yes
Relevant skills: Observation, Lyre Playing, Storytelling
Do you have any slaves that are coming in with you from outside of Kenash: No
Kiera
Player

Words: 39922
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2016, 7:08 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Crow on October 9th, 2016, 6:10 am

Freeborn Status

Everyone up to this point should be approved. Just because I approved your freeborn status does not mean I approved your job yet. Please contact me with further information regarding your job. If you did not receive a pm from me there were issues regarding your application, again please contact me.

For that that had your Freeborn mark is approved. You will have a burn on the wrist of your left arm, which can be covered and tended to, but not tampered with or removed. The healing process will take four weeks, and upon the completion of the healing process, this mark can no longer be covered or hidden from view. To do so is a crime punishable by exile. Reflect this mark in your CS.

~A Ferrin Template, Thanks!
Crow

Previous