about Ethaefal and Symenestra

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Eralen on October 30th, 2016, 5:04 am

Hello! I'm so excited to finally post something on Mizahar. I've been intimidated by the scope of the world and didn't want to ask questions until I had a better handle on the lore.

I'm still coming up with a character concept, so my character sheet is, well, spotty. My PC is an Ethaefal and of all the cities Lhavit practically sings to me.

Would an Ethaefal with a symenestra seeming be a dangerous combination? (I'm not sure I want my PC to spook everyone that it comes into contact with). Is this a difficult combination in terms of racial bias wherever I go? Would it be hard to find roleplay partners with, especially in Lhavit? I'd love to build a backstory in Lhavit, but I read that symenestra have to get permission to be in Lhavit.

Is an Ethaefal with a symenestra seeming allowed to live in Lhavit outright or do I need to get permission for it first because of the symenestra aspect?

This has stalled my CS development, because I don't want to flesh out more of a backstory only to find my PC can't live, much less be from Lhavit. I"m sorry if this post didn't make sense. First time posts on sites make me nervous. :lol:

Any advice or just a hello is appreciated. I can't wait to finish my CS and join this wonderful community. :D
Eralen
Player

Words: 458
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2016, 4:02 am
Race: Ethaefal

Postby Kaleidoscope on October 30th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Hello, and welcome to Mizahar! :D

It's great to hear that you're interested in Lhavit. It's a beautiful city, no? Perhaps I'm biased.

To answer your questions: As you may have read in the Atlas, Ethaefal are highly regarded in Lhavit, but Symns... not so much. This could cause some tensions but ultimately your PC would be regarded as an Ethaefal and be treated as such once they knew of your Ethaefal form as opposed to your Sym form. As for whether you'd need permission: well, I will PM you to organise this with you. :)

Personally I believe that it would not be hard to find roleplay partners, as Lhavit has an interesting host of players currently, who hail from many different parts of Mizahar. Simply check out the Registry for this season and see who's available! People are usually willing to plot things out if you PM them. The site is a little quiet at the moment due to finals, exams, and school for a few people, but it should pick up again soon. :)

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions either pop into chat and say hi (there's usually someone about who may be able to help you), or send me a PM. Look forward to seeing you around! :thumbsup:

~Kal
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account