Solo Surviving The Jungle II

Nya and Randal continue their WS lessons. Water Collection and Shelters are some of the themes.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Surviving The Jungle II

Postby Nya Winters on November 4th, 2016, 7:33 pm

Timestamp: 20th of Fall, 516 AV

Continued from "Surviving The Jungle".

Randal talked as she worked. “Mist. Dew. Rain… all can provide water. Tie rags or twist out tuffs of grass and tie them around your ankles and walk through tall dew drenched grass. Then you can wring out the rags or grass and drink fresh from that water in the mornings. You can use an entire clearing this way. Walk across and across and across until all the dew is gone or until your container is filled and you have safe drinking water.” Randal mimicked doing so with his neck bandana and then mimicked wringing it out.

Nya kept swinging on what she thought was a small banana or plantain tree.

“Ants in the jungle tend to march into holes in trees that might hold water. You can always take your bandana and stuff it into a hole ants are disappearing into and see if you can soak up their water source. That’s usually safe to drink too… just pull the bandana out and wring it out in your mouth.” Randal advised.

Then he gestured at the tree Nya was chopping down. Five swings and she’d had most of the tree severed off at the base. “Whenever you find these sorts of trees you can get an easy access to water. Always carry a hand axe or machete in the jungle for such a purpose. Cut down the tree like you are doing… just a little above the ground. Good. Very good… now cast the trunk aside and see the stump? Hollow part of it out with your axe to form a bowl." Nya was instructed and she complied.

The tree was soft wooded and easy to cut down. The bowl was even easier to shape by swinging angular cuts into the center of the wood and cutting out wedge shaped chunks. She blinked in surprise as the deeper she got the bowl to start forming, it slowly and unexpectedly started to fill with water.

“There’s water in here!”
She exclaimed, stopping to bend down to drink. It actually turned out to be a lot f water which surprised her. She wrinkled her nose and gagged at the taste though, looking up at him as if he’d somehow betrayed her.

Randal laughed before he answered her. “The first three times it fills you’ll find the water bitter and unpleasant. Sweep it out of the bowl with your hands. About the forth of fifth time the water comes straight from beneath the ground and not out of the trees water storage system and you’ll find it pleasant. Go ahead and try it.” He said, still chuckling.

Nya did as he asked, sweeping out the trunk and then watching it refill. When she thought she’d counted four, she bent to drink again. While the water wasn’t tasteless, it certainly had lost its bitterness and she was able to drink it quite easily.

“Believe it or not, that stump will continue to pull ground water up for three or four days.”
Randal said, tapping the trunk happily. “It will get used by insects though if you don’t keep it covered. Even a small covering like a few banana leaves will keep pests out of it.” He added, laughing as she dipped to drink again, pleasantly surprised at what Randal said had been true.

“Is there other places that might have water which you can tell by the plants?” Nya asked, wiping the back of her mouth and smiling. She returned Randal’s hand axe to him and examined the banana tree to see if there was anything useful about it she needed to salvage. Randal indicated she should just leave it with a gesture and started walking before he answered her question.

“Green bamboo thickets are great places to find water, Nya. And it has lovely drinking water. I would recommend planting some when you finally build a house. The water from green bamboo is usually clear and doesn’t have any taste or smell to it. And it’s easy to deal with.” Randal demonstrated. He hiked about fifty yards to a patch of bamboo and felt around in some of the stalks until he found a nice young pliable stalk. Then he bent it over in an arch so its top was pointed to the ground and used the hatchet to neatly behead it. Almost immediately water started dripping from the bamboo. He smiled and caught it in his mouth and licked his lips. Then he showed her something even more useful.

“Anchor the cut off bamboo like this with a rope or a handy vine.” For the sake of demonstration, Randal just freed his belt and used that, looping the buckle around the bamboo and then finding a heavy rock to hold the other end of his belt down. The bamboo then formed an upside down U and he tied his canteen off to the top o the bamboo so that the drip fell into the canteen.

“By morning your canteen will be full. You’ll only get about a days’ worth of dripping from bamboo but it’s always pure.”
The man added, then seemed to remember. “Older bamboo might contain water too, but given the choice use the older bamboo for building and the younger for water. Older bamboo doesn’t end this nicely.” Nya nodded, understanding immediately.

She went over to inspect his handiwork then cut some handy trailing vine and borrowed his axe again to set up her own green bamboo drip. “This is a lot easier than the plantain trees, but less water. The plantain is still a better option isn’t it?” Randal nodded an affirmative even as Nya asked the question.

She had another one. “What if there are no banana trees around? Like say you are on the beach or something and there are no obvious catchments for water like say depressions in rocks?” The Kelvic raised her eyes noting the pleasure he seemed to have at her question.

Randal nodded. “Now you are thinking. On the beach you can do two things. One you can dig a hole deep enough to allow water to seep into it. Obtain rocks, build a fire nearby, and then drop the hot rocks into the water until it steams. On the beach the water will be salty and you can’t drink it. But you can hold a cloth over the steam and capture it in the cloth and suck on the fabric or wring it out into your mouth or a water container. You can also use a pot or bowl and fill it with sea water. Boil the water until it steams and capture the steam the same way. It’s a grueling way to capture water, Nya, but it works. A better bet on the beach is coconuts. There are some around here too. Let me find them.” He said, looking around. Nya followed, eager to learn more.

Last edited by Nya Winters on November 7th, 2016, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Surviving The Jungle II

Postby Nya Winters on November 5th, 2016, 12:23 am

Randal definitely had a lot to say about coconuts. Once they found a palm with several dropped, he stopped and picked one up. It was a hairy nasty looking thing. To Nya it looked like a ball that had been overly played with and was now oblong rather than perfectly round. “So you need to know how to get at a coconut, Nya. The actual nut itself is surrounded by a large hairy cover called bast. We cut that off with the hand axe or machete and peel out the nut. The bast is fantastic to stuff things with or to use as burnable material. It’s soft and some people even weave it into heavy rugs.” He added using the hand axe deftly to cut away and peel the smaller brown nut out of the larger surface. He saved the bast and set it aside.

“Make your slices thin, it will be easier to peel off the bast in pieces. Then reverse the hand axe and use the back side at its square edge on the green nut inside. The coconut will be small compared to its size with the bast cover. Hold the coconut in one hand and the axe or machete in the other. Use that back side like I was saying to hammer around the nut, outlining a circle around the top half of the nut. You don’t have to hit hard. After going around it a couple of times the coconut will begin to crack open and you can pop the top off. Careful not to spill. The inside of it is filled with coconut milk you can drink. The white meat here?” He said, popping the top off and showing her, is edible too. "It’s very good for you and delicious so don’t ignore it as a food source out here in the wilds.” Randal said, handing her the opened nut.

Nya sniffed at the milk, sipped it, and then broke off a piece of the white meat and nibbled it finding it delicious. She smiled and offered the nut back to Randal. He took it but handed her a fresh one dropped on the ground near the palm.

“You try.” He said, handing her the hand axe once more. Nya mimicked his movements, carefully cutting away the bast and peeling the nut out of the middle of the fluffy fibrous mess. Then she reversed the axe and began tapping a circle around the nut over and over again like Randal had done. It took her four turns before the top popped loose and she was able to sniff at the milk and nibble at the meat.

“I think I understand!” She said, holding up the coconut in triumph. The Kelvic nibbled the meat and then smiled as she used the back side of the axe to carve off another ring of the coconut so she could get at that next section without digging out the bowl.

“I could use coconuts to collect water too.”
She said, certain of that at least for a day or so before the inside meat of the nut went bad.

Randal nodded, smiling. “Now, there’s things you need to know. You can’t just survive on the milk from mature coconuts. You need to moderate your intake of that. The liquid has an oil in it that causes your bowls to relax and become watery. That will dehydrate you fast if you drink too much of it. Fortunately the green coconuts, the ones that aren’t ripe, are good sources of survival water in large quantities. The only problem is you have to climb for them or cut down the palm to get to them. The green outer skin of the nut is harder too. You have to use the axe more vigorously to get through it since its like tough leather.” Randal said, picking a palm that was smaller and bent at an angle.

Her instructor took back his axe then climbed up the palm carefully, experienced, and cut off a couple of green coconuts. Once they had bounced to a stop on the ground, Nya retrieved them and had them ready for him when he got back to the ground.

Randal carefully used the sharp blade of the axe to cut through the tough skin and had to peel it back revealing the bast covered nut. He then handed the axe to Nya and let her try it.

Frankly, it was one of the most difficult things she’d done. Nya thought it would probably be easier to shift and chew through it as a Kelvic than use the axe to cut through it. She tried and tried, finally giving the axe back to Randal for another demonstration. He went slower and showed her how to cut through it again before handing it back. Nya tried again on the opposite side of the coconut and had a bit more success.

But finally, after a lot of bruised knuckles, frustration, and quite a bit of anger built up, she got through to the bast. She was huffing and puffing and winded, her arms ached from wielding the axe, and frankly she never wanted to look at a green coconut again. Randal was smiling.

“Stop a moment Nya and think about how you are feeling. What is that coconut doing to you? You look frustrated and even angry. Stop a moment. Don’t let that happen. Relax, walk away from it, try again later. Control your emotions.” He added, amused because on some level he knew she had thought she wasn’t an emotional creature any longer.

Nya herself was surprised at her own anger and frustration. She nodded, took a deep breath, and then had a break before she cut through the bast. Like she'd learned before, the bast was far easier to break into than that green rubbery covering. And then, once through, Nya tapped the nut in a circular motion until it broke open and she could drink the water. The water tasted more like water and less like coconut.

“It’s good.”
She said, and for a moment he wasn’t sure if she meant her emotions or the taste of the water.

Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Surviving The Jungle II

Postby Nya Winters on November 5th, 2016, 3:22 am

Randal nodded his approval. “Now, that’s about it for coconuts. I do have one more source of water, though its not a steady source nor one I would count on all the time.” Nya was listening again, knowing she’d thought more about water than she’d ever had in her life. “You can take SOME tropical vines and cut them and they will give you water. Not all of them, but a lot of them…” He said, gesturing for her to follow him across the Maw once more. They left the palms and went into the deeper jungle until they passed trees loaded with vines. He stopped at one and gestured.

“Again this is where your axe comes in handy. Reach up as high as you can and cut a notch in the vine. Water will ooze out and drip down the vine, running in a small stream. Then bend down and cut the vine off right above the ground. Pick a vine that’s smaller than the mouth of the container you have be it a coconut or a canteen or even a bucket. Slide the vine into the container and leave it for a while to fill. You can let the vine drip in your mouth too while your resting. Go ahead, try it.” He said, handing the axe to Nya once more.

She rose up on her toes, gripped the axe, and carefully cut a notch like Randal had described in one of the vines. Nothing happened. She frowned, peered at the notch, and then glanced back at Randal.

”I said some, not all. Pick another vine.” He encouraged, gesturing at the tree and the whole host of vines it had to offer.

Nya gripped the hand axe again and notched another vine. Nothing. The Kelvic growled in frustration, starting to wonder if Randal was making fun of her. He said nothing so she just moved on, notching various different types of vine until finally one welled up with water at the cut and started bleeding the substance down its length. She carefully followed the fine down and with a swift cut of the hatchet, cut the vine off. The flow was actually more than she expected and she laughed in pleasure stepping back to show Randal.

He nodded his approval. “Very good!” Nya smiled, nodded, and looked slightly proud. “I think I can find water now out here. It’s really all around us, but its in places I would not have guessed of it.” She admitted looking thoughtful. “Is there anything else I should know about water?” She asked, wondering what more Randal had stuffed in his mind. She also wondered, absently, if Aressa would approve of her slogging through the jungle learning how to survive. Nya rather suspected the mage would not approve.

The man looked thoughtful at Nya’s question and frowned as if he was searching his memory. “Lets just leave it at what I’ve taught you with one or two other words of warning. Don’t drink from stagnant pools of water. You can get safer water now that I’ve taught you how. And don’t drink water if its remotely bad tasting, bitter, milky or opaque, and if its viscous… sticky you’d say. All that can be indications of tainted or poisoned water.”

Nya nodded, trying to commit that to memory. “I thought you could get water from plants with moist centers. Back home cattails were edible but they were also full of water. Here I’ve seen fleshy plants with stalks that might hold water. The palms for sure, but also a lot of other ones.” She added.

Randal looked pensive a moment and shrugged. “Yes, true. I’ve shown you the easiest and most reliable though Nya. Stick with them. You won’t go wrong picking a plant with a poison pulp or something that will make you sick in the long run. Sap goes bad here fast too. Remember that. After a day or two it begins to ferment and so if you eat plant pulp loaded with sap you can make yourself sick either via being drunk or poisoned.” He added, offering a pensive smile to Nya.

She returned the smile and stood quiet for a moment. The Kelvic looked like she was taking it all in.

“Thank you for teaching me all this. The meat does not seem enough. I will bring you more.”
She said, decided in her payment because the knowledge he was giving her was absolutely invaluable. Randal laughed and opened his hands in a wide gesture.

“I’m only one man. Don’t overload me with too much meat or I will have to pass it out. I can only eat so much and that tapir you already brought me is more than I need. I will have to preserve a great deal of it and trade some to Mathias as well." The man chuckled, gesturing for Nya to hold off.

Nya nodded deciding she would bring him other things, maybe animal skins and the like. It was worth it to know this information. “So what’s next?” She asked, curiosity crossing her features. Out here she’d started to open up, feel more, and definitely ask more questions.

“I thought we’d talk about shelters next. You’ll need to know why they are important and how to select both the site for building a shelter and the type of shelter to make. I’ll make sure you know how to build several types that will work here in the jungle. Sometimes, shelter is even more important than food or water. Here in the jungle where there are predators plenty and water in abundance, a shelter is the first thing I’d make if I was traveling through the jungle or lost and needed to survive. You can even take some of these techniques and utilize them to build yourself a more permanent place down in the settlement.” He added which made Nya smile. If she could help out Abashai and work on a shelter, that would please her greatly.

“Okay, I’m listening. I know a shelter can protect me from the weather, bugs, and even some temperature extremes. And it can hide me if I build it right. But what else do they do?” She wondered out loud as if waiting for Randal to speak faster.

He laughed. “They can help preserve your will to live and they can stave off boredom because it takes a great deal of time to build a good shelter. In that alone they are invaluable.” He said, gesturing her to follow. Together they set off across the Maw, exploring more of it as they went. Nya suspected she was deeper in the jungle than she’d ever been before.

Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Surviving The Jungle II

Postby Nya Winters on November 6th, 2016, 11:08 pm

“So Nya, what do you think the most important thing is about a shelter?” Randal asked, watching the Kelvic curiously and wondering if she had some clues as to what the answer would be.

Nya looked thoughtful at Randal’s question. She was still following him through the jungle, trying to weave among the vegetation the way he’d taught her, rather than just charge straight through like she normally would have. Being a large form as a Kelvic still translated to a large form mindset even when she was wearing her human guise. It was a lot of skill to practice, undulating through the woods, but she knew wild cats did it far better than she did.

“I would think its location.”
She mused, glancing around, and noting they were still on the plateau, but this time closer to the sea. Nya liked the lay of the land here and thought perhaps it would be a good place for staking out some territory stretching up from the beach. Truth be told all of Syka would be her territory, but land ownership was a whole new thing. Forest cats had enormous home ranges, sometimes as big as fifty square miles. Easily her territory would encompass The Maw and it would be her job to drive out the other big cats, hopefully none as large as she. The whole settlement would be safer with her around, she suspected, just by the fact that she’d mark out her territory and keep it defended against any and all feline interlopers.

“Definitely its location. Location can make or break you in a survival situation, Nya. You want to make sure you get started on your shelter in the early afternoon so that your camp is set up and ready to be utilized before the sun sets. Everything needs to be done before dark while there is still light. Like I told you earlier, sunrise and sunset comes fast in the jungle. You’ll want to make a fire and keep it going throughout your shelter building. I’ll talk to you about that probably tomorrow or the next free day we have. Firecraft is a big subject and there’s a lot you need to know about it. So we’ll work on shelters first and foremost.” He added, gesturing around.

“Now, here’s a few things we need to think about when setting up shelter. Lots of times we are tempted to set up a shelter under a tall old tree. Don’t do it unless you thoroughly check to make sure there’s no old or rotten branches to break off and fall on you. Palm trees are a definite no no because they drop coconuts fairly often and have very shallow roots that can easily be uprooted in a wind storm. Tall deep roots, like from a banion tree, provide good sides to shelter, so look for things like that. Rock outcroppings and anything that you can build a fire next to and reflect heat back upon yourself or warm up to help you survive a cold night might do well. There’s lots of stone around here, so always check for that as well.” Randal said, pointing out old dangerous trees as they walked. The jungle was full of such things. And there were coconut trees near the beaches and on the lee sides of hills to mind as well.

“Never make a shelter or set up your camp at the bottom of a hill in a ravine or a dry riverbed. Heavy rains can happen sometimes overnight or even within a bell and easily flood where you are camped. That’s why I insist you find a high place.” He added, looking thoughtful. “Sometimes its hard to find a dry place to camp. But you can help by digging an approximately six inch deep and seven inch wide trench around your camp to serve as a way to drain water or divert water from your location.” He said, tapping his pack which had a small spade attached to one side of it opposite of where his hand axe rode. “You’ll need one of these. They are good for all sorts of things including digging latrines and diverting water. We even find a lot of pottery and artifacts around here so you never know when you’ll need a shovel to dig.” He added, smiling as Nya nodded.

“I’m eager to learn about building shelters. I know a little about them already. But nothing I know relates to being out here in the jungle.”
Nya admitted, glad she had Randal as a sort of wilderness guide and teacher.

He nodded. “Syka and Falyndar in general are a lot different than say Sylira or any of the eastern region. It’s more dangerous. Now… lets make a campsite.” He said pausing by a stand of big trees that had quite a few saplings around them, an adequate supply of small vines, and lowland brush that had wide leaves. “Here’s a good location. We are high up, and our supplies are right here. They don’t have to be hauled.” He indicated, pointing out all the raw materials. Nya gazed about noting the details about Randal’s choice and nodding her approval.

“I like it too. The winds blow across here nicely, bringing in scent from whats moving around in the dense jungle from all around.”
She said, then waded into what looked like a thick bed of leaves on the ground. Randal reached out and pulled her out of the leaf pile at the base of the big tree and shook his head.

“But they are very insulating, soft, and make great bedding!”
Nya protested. Randal laughed and shook his head.

“For all those reasons pests love them too. Mice, rodents, even parasites. And because those things love them, snakes love them.” He added and then walked her over to a thick bush and began cutting branches that were thin and looked like they wouldn’t do anything. He bundled the branches together until it looked like he had a bundle of twigs and then cut a thicker branch as long as he was. HE unfastened his belt, looped it around the bundle and cinched it tight. Nya laughed. He was holding a broom!

“That’s a broom!”
She said, delighted. Randal nodded and handed it to her.

“Clean all the leaves and debris out of where you are going to build your shelter and fire and a goodly distance past that as well. Never use your hands because I’ll guarantee there’s at least one snake in here or maybe a fire ant nest. Broom the leaves and debris away and clear the whole area.”
He instructed while Nya got started.

It took her a good twenty chimes to have what she thought was an adequately large clean space. But the more she broomed the more she revealed in terms of insects, definitely an old abandoned mouse nest, and then inevitably a balled up python. Randal moved the python simply by prodding at it enough for it to slither away. Then, once the area was clean, he took the broom, reversed it, and drew a circle in the dirt where they’d build a fire if they needed too. “Fire here. But truthfully you might need more than one. Often if I’m out here I will build a ring of fires around my shelter to ward off the hordes of mosquitoes that are often out and about. They bite and some of the flies here bite so hard you feel like you’ve been stung by a bee. Smoke from a green wood fire will keep the insects away, so think of that too when you are picking a campsite.” The man said as they got ready to actually build a shelter.

Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Surviving The Jungle II

Postby Nya Winters on November 6th, 2016, 11:57 pm

“Randal, why don’t you want us near the water? I thought it would be smart to camp just above a stream or waterway.” She asked, knowing that in Sylira she’d camped that way countless times. Here though, the rules seemed to be different. Asking questions wasn’t something she was afraid of doing. It gave her a chance to understand WHY the rules were indeed different.

“Good question.” Randal said, smiling at her question. It seemed as if he was almost waiting for her to ask it. “Waterways are natural highways for predators. Big cats, even predators of the human variety. And they are really bad for insects. The closer to water you are the worse you will be eaten alive. A lot of snakes stick close to waterways and then there’s the ever present danger of a crocodile or cayman coming up out of the water to feed on whats near the waterway. You don’t want something like that munching on you while you are sleeping. Then of course there’s always the dangers of flood. Stay clear of water. I’ve taught you how to get fresh water without needing a stream so utilize that skill and be safer up here away from the traffic that streams and rivers bring.” He said, indicating the saplings growing nearby.

He handed Nya the hand axe and asked her to cut four of them down and strip them. She did so neatly, dragging them back into a pile near where he was standing and at the site where they’d cleared the ground.

“Now, don’t make the mistake of making a huge shelter, Nya. You only need one as big as it takes for you to lie down comfortably. You don’t want it noticeable to predators and you don’t want to waste energy making a shelter too elaborate for the energy reserves you might have. If you are forced to make a shelter, remember you might be hurt, starving, or exhausted. At the very least you might be traumatized or have lost loved ones. Understand its harder to keep a larger shelter warm too. So smaller is better.. no bigger than it takes for you to lie down comfortably. And make sure its on level ground." He added. So with that cut the four saplings into brace poles that were just tall enough for Nya or Randal himself to lay down in.

“Now if you don’t have an axe or a knife, remember a sharpened stone can do the trick too. I’ll teach you how to make rope from raw plant materials, but out here we have a lot of vines you can use as rope just to get a temporary shelter up. So we’ll use them first. Go take your knife and cut some vines about an inch in diameter, a little bigger is fine too. We’ll need about six feet of it.” He added, manipulating the saplings into what one would consider a basic frame. First he lashed the two of the four saplings into an X pattern where the top of the X was about a tenth of the size of the bottom of the X. Then he went and cut a slightly larger sapling that was longer than Nya was tall. He brought that back using the vines Nya cut and returned to him.

“Now you could actually skip the X and lean two of these saplings up against a pair of trees, but the problem is here in the rainforest, we’re not like say the Colbalt Mountains were the trees are uniform. Here we have huge trees and it’s hard to get them to balance. So I use the X method more than I use the lean to method.” Randal explained. Then he had her cut smaller branches that were just as long. They crossed them and lashed them using more vines across the bottom sections of the X. Nya could see the frame was taking shape and going up fast. A few moments later, Randal had her cutting leaves off of numerous types of ground plants that had broader leaves. They then started stacking the leaves with the stems pointed upwards on the frame layering them down ward and staggering them. She thought one layer would be enough, but Randal countered her and told her that she shouldn’t stop until she had three or four layers. She immediately noticed that the sun was blocked and the shelter was comfortable in that it allowed the periodic rain to drain towards and away from the person who could crawl inside.

Once they were done she stepped back and surveyed the work.

“I like it but it feels flimsy.” Nya mused, grasping the shelter and shaking it. Indeed it wasn’t that strong though it would do to shelter her overnight. Randal nodded and folded his arms across his chest, surveying their work as well.

“This isn’t really the kind of shelter I want to you to build in an emergency, Nya. But I wanted you to know how to build one of these. This type is for when you have very few supplies and almost no resources. I’m going to teach you how to build the best of the best in terms of temporary shelters now. But that is going to assume you have an axe, a knife, and even a spade. I don’t want you ever starting off into the jungle without these items… without a survival pack that’s complete. Alright...?” He said, emphasizing how important it was to have proper gear. Nya nodded.

“Alright.” She said, still studying the structure. There were flaws with it as far as she could see and truth be told she wasn't exactly feel it was adequate in regards to what the jungle needed. Nya knew Randal was going to ask her about it. Of that she had no doubt, so carefully she went over in her mind what she was going to say.

Continued in "Surviving The Jungle III".

Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Surviving The Jungle II

Postby Nya Winters on May 27th, 2017, 11:32 pm

Grading

Nya Winters

Wilderness Survival 5
Endurance 1
Bodybuilding 2
Hand Axe 4
Interrogation 5
Psychology 1
Observation 3
Socialization 5
Construction 1
Cleaning 1
Planning 3

WS: How to gather water from dew
WS: Ants often have routes to water
WS: Which Trees hold water
WS: Stumps and how they provide water
WS: Bamboo grows over water
WS: How to Get water from Bamboo
WS: How to get water on a beach
WS: How to harvest and get into a coconut.
Coconuts: What parts are used for what
Coconuts: Milk will dehydrate you
Psychology: Awareness of ones emotions
WS: What vines give water
WS: Don’t drink from stagnant pools of water
Psychology: Doing things, planning, acting preserves mental health.
WS: When/Where/How To Build a Shelter
Construction: How to make a broom
WS: waterways are natural highways for predators, condense insects, house snakes, and hold crocodiles.

Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes