Greetings from a newbie!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Greetings from a newbie!

Postby Aeod on December 14th, 2016, 11:25 am

1. Name - Hello, my name is Aeod - (A-id)

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I have RP'd for the better part of 12 years, any and everything from D&D Pen and Paper, to World of Warcraft, to my first jump on Forum RP recently in a game called MafiaReturns (MR). That was, maybe, 3 months ago that I started there. Regardless, forum RP always worried me because I liked quick interaction. As I've grown older and RP in those MMORPG games has dwindled, I decided to give RP in a forum environment an actual shot... So far, MR offered me the RP that I desired, but it unfortunately has elements that tend to get your character killed EXTREMELY quickly. In three months I'm on my third character to start over with. While I enjoy my group, I'd like a chance at some more in depth collaborative roleplay and more longevity guaranteed than maybe a month at a time.

3. How did you find us?
My wife actually has played around with Mizahar on and off for years. I couldn't tell you any of her names if I wanted to, but she and I have talked multiple times about me coming in. I even attempted a shot about two or three years ago but never finished my character creation. Anyway, I'm certainly looking forward to giving this a hearty shot this time.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
Honestly, I enjoy pretty much every kind of RP you could offer, aside from poor taste comical. I see a LOT of that often (not here yet) and it just makes me cringe. I take RP seriously, and while comical RP is perfectly fine, it can get old when they are in poor taste.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
Mostly, I'm okay writing about anything.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
The active RP community and the expansive amount of lore.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
The expansive amount of lore :P

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
RP

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Maybe get people out in wind reach again, the Inarta interest me very much.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Currently? Not really, unless people would like to help me round out Aeod, my Inarta, and how the heck I'm going to end up in Riverfall... Or wherever else is open.
Aeod
Player

Words: 7466
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2016, 9:20 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Greetings from a newbie!

Postby Roselina on December 14th, 2016, 1:21 pm

Welcome to mizahar, I'm pretty new as people go, but feel free to pm me if you need anything. I have to reccomend Syrilas and Alvadas as places for you to put your character in, because I've had lots of fun roleplaying there with my two characters. :)
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Words: 62756
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Greetings from a newbie!

Postby Linie Moonreef on December 15th, 2016, 12:23 am

If you want a wind eagle ask the Help Desk!

Welcome to Mizahar. :) Like Rose said if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Hello...?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me...
Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Words: 60228
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Greetings from a newbie!

Postby Azmere on December 15th, 2016, 1:07 am

Greetings, Aeod.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Miz! As a personal note, it's nice to see another 'old head' around. In regards to everything else, the message sitting in your Inbox contains a boatload of information to help get you started. The players are always willing to help with questions or conundrums and CHAT can normally offer a quick reply. Take your time to browse through everything. When considering your character, take time to get to know some of the gods and their gnosis. That can have a major influence on how and where you play your character.

Again, I say welcome and enjoy your stay.
~Az
Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Greetings from a newbie!

Postby Aeod on December 15th, 2016, 6:28 am

Thanks to all who've replied so far. I think Aoed is coming along nicely, in my head and on paper. Eventually (hopefully soon) I will begin transfer over to a CS until I actually have one created and nice. Be on the look out for me if I'm in your area! Soon as I get off the ground I'll try and take off running, metaphorically of course.
Aeod
Player

Words: 7466
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2016, 9:20 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet