Horse Values [Starter Pack]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Velho on December 26th, 2016, 3:01 pm

This may have already been mentioned somewhere, buried deep i the guide, but I have spent the better part of the day reading through so many articles that my mind is completely bonkers by now
Question: May I select a horse above the 200 GM price range if I am able to pay the remainder with my own GM?
Question 2: If, for example, the horse has two prices for different regions, am I allowed to pick the lower price if I start in that region?
Velho
la gazza ladra

Words: 17942
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2016, 9:58 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Gossamer on December 26th, 2016, 3:30 pm

Yes and yes.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Prophet on December 26th, 2016, 5:59 pm

As a kelvic, bear in mind that predatory animal kelvics cannot ride horses. You will smell like your animal side so anything the horse would perceive as a threat would cause it to react poorly. If this is your niche, in time & through rp, you could gain enough animal husbandry to overcome the stigma but not as a new character.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Velho on December 27th, 2016, 1:49 am

Thanks for the prompt replies :)
Another question regarding the kelvic answer: Does this apply to all predatory animals, or just what a horse would feel threatened by? I would like to bring in a kestrel kelvic - as they are quite small compared to other birds of prey. Additionally they do not hunt horses and falconers may also ride horses while carrying their birds.
Velho
la gazza ladra

Words: 17942
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2016, 9:58 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal