Closed Reacquaintancesss (Reysin)

Sayana and Reysin meet again after a season apart.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Reacquaintancesss (Reysin)

Postby Sayana on July 16th, 2016, 3:12 am

Summer 31, 516 AV

She was still jittery from the encounter with Clyde the previous day. If nothing else, it reminded her just how much she appreciated the secrecy and refuge of the Underground. Even now as she walked the darkened streets, her hands were restless and fidgety but at least her heart beat was not wildly thumping.

In many ways, it was rather ironic that she felt safer down below where many Alvads would be ill at ease. In fact, the few people she spotted in the Underground seemed even less at ease than normal. Keeping her black robe wrapped tightly about her, she ducked into an alcove and watched as a pair of people scurried down the street, their heads turning this way and that as if truly fearful that there was danger about.

An uncomfortable feeling of being watched suddenly came over her, despite her attempt of staying out of sight. The Eypharian glance sharply about and she could have sworn she saw a faint movement from a closed curtain. She found herself running her hands up and down her arms anxiously before deciding to take leave of the alleyway.

There were whispers and hunched figures. A couple times she even spotted the glint of steel. Had something happened for the Alvads to start wearing weapons in plain sight? She now wondered if her message from yesterday had managed to reach her serpent friend. Maybe it was just taking longer for word to get around or she hadn’t put in enough money up front to convince the people it was worthwhile. Or… there was a good reason not to help her. A shiver of doubt rippled up her spine and she gave a quick glance over her shoulder. She turned at the next corner, and then turned again hoping to shake off any pursuit.

Suddenly she realized that the best place to look for the snake was probably at the Wolf’s Cave. Wasn’t that where he had resided? And if he wasn’t there, perhaps someone would know of him. With her new destination in mind, she set off for the beastly ‘inn’ and completely forgetting that it was probably packed with pilgrims like the rest of the places to stay.

OOCFeel free to find Sayana wherever. Or else she’ll just take a long time finding you.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Yisanareysin on July 31st, 2016, 11:01 am

The message had concerned him at first. When they'd last met, Sayana had shown no indication that she'd be back in Alvadas any time soon, so to supposedly hear from her a mere two seasons on was suspect, to say the least. Six daggers and scaly friend were both vague descriptors, and anyone who knew their true natures could have come up with them. His own fault, for not having figured out a secure way for Sayana to contact him again, he supposed.

Still, in the end, whether the message was Sayana's, or a trap from some unknown enemy, the response was the same. Rey needed to investigate. And so he'd gone, checking in with his contacts, making his interest known, all around the underground. And yet, no one had been able to tell him anything new about the message, or the cloaked woman who'd spread it.

Until an urchin Rey vaguely recognised showed up, gesturing frantically at him. "Hey mister, come on! Mae said to bring you to her." Rey blinked in surprise. Odd. Mae would usually have come to find him herself. As he followed the boy, he searched through his memory, trying to recall...

"Mort. Iss your name, yess?" The boy turned to him, visibly startled.

"Y-yeah. I didn't know you noticed me..." The boy trailed off, flushing a little as Mae stepped out into their path.

"No one ever notices my brother." Mae told Rey cheerfully. "Come 'ere an' take a look over at that alley there." Peering around a corner, Rey spotted a black robed figure, hurrying down the street.

"That isss..." Mae nodded.

"The lady with the message, yeah." Rey smiled broadly.

"Are ccertain?" Mae rolled her eyes.

"I said so, didn't I? Mort saw 'er too, yesterday." The boy just nodded shyly, without speaking. Good enough. Slipping each of the urchins a silver, Rey slipped out into the street, and began to pad after the figure. Pulling up the hood of his own cloak, he kept his distance, sticking to the shadows where he could.

Keeping his eyes fixed on the figure, Rey evened out his breathing, and focused. Warmth (djed, the book had called it) flooded through him, pulsing in his mind and mouth for a moment, before settling comfortably.

The scent that flooded Rey was comfortingly familiar, and Rey smiled broadly as Sayana ducked around the corner, out of sight. Her scent always reminded him of the desert, dry and rich, with such nuance to it.

When he rounded the corner, he found no sign of her. No matter. Rey dropped his gaze to the ground, and let his eyes unfocus, even as his mind conjured up... There.

Her trail was a deep reddish colour, like soil or clay, and fresh enough that it was easy to follow, even as patchy as it was. He followed her trail at a quick pace, excitement and curiosity growing in him as he hurried on. She was being cautious, he mused, noting how her trail twisted and turned, as if trying to throw off a pursuer.

He caught sight of her within chimes, and let his Iraso vision fade away before calling out to her. "Hello gorgeous." He hissed. "Iss a ssurprisse to hear from you again sso ssoon, my friend. Sso quick to miss me? Or iss it you have found more trouble away from Alvadass?"

Snake Tongue | Common | Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on August 7th, 2016, 4:47 pm

Just as Sayana began looking for an exit from the Underground that would lead her close to the Wolf’s Cave, she heard a faint hiss from behind her and then a familiar voice. She turned slowly, low hands on her daggers beneath the folds of her robe, but it was merely a precaution as she caught sight of her scaly friend.

“I too thought I would be gone for much longer, Yisanareysin.” Sayana replied, her lips flowing over the full length of his name with fondness. “I would be a poor friend to say that I did not miss you, but there were indeed other circumstances that brought me back so soon.”

She closed the gap between them, and released her hold on her daggers. “So you got my message? I was wondering how well word might slip through the Alvadas tapestry to you.” There was a sparkle in her eye, clearly pleased at how well developed his network was.

The Eypharian came up close, trailing a high hand over Reysin’s arm. Despite her apparent comfortable nature around him, there was something off about her expression, like she was worried or nervous. In a much quieter voice, and speaking softly towards his ear, she confided to the serpent.

“I bring both opportunity and danger with me. I was hired as a guide for this beautiful city of illusions. That is what brought me back so soon. But… If he is more of a danger than a benefit…” Her words were slow and carefully chosen, only providing vague descriptors of her situation. “I do not think it will come to this, but if there was a chance at a place to stay the night should things become more than a little uncomfortable…”

She was unsure about her current situation with Clyde. Things might resolve, but nevertheless her fear of the mage was still strong, and rather acute at the moment. The Underground was a sanctuary for her away from the mage, but it would only moderately suffice if she felt the need to spend the night away.

“Is there a place more discrete to speak?”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Yisanareysin on August 30th, 2016, 9:44 am

Rey smiled softly as Sayana approached. It was good to see her again, especially since their last meeting had evidently been somewhat distressing for her. She seemed well, physically at least. And yet...

He studied her closely as she drew near, his attentive eye picking out a few oddities. She held herself carefully, it seemed to him, and there was a tension in her expression, a flicker in her eyes. Not quite anger, not quite fear... Wariness, perhaps, or caution. Of him? No, the pleased gleam in her eyes, her hand brushing easily over his arm seemed to indicate otherwise.

Then what... ah. Rey cocked his head to the side, considering Sayana's words and request. Opportunity and danger, hm? The two often went hand in hand. Perhaps there was something here for Rey as well. There often was, when Sayana was involved.

Patting her mid arm, Rey gestured for her to follow him, and set off towards his recently bought house. "You come at a sstrange time, my friend." He said as he walked, his guiding key in hand. "Alvadass bloatss with pilgrimss and sstrangerss. Many are unhappy with thiss. Besst act ass a local. Innss have filled up, am ssure you have noticced, and I wass politely assked to leave."

A grey tower loomed before them, the open door revealing spiralling stone stairs lit by glowing stars. Rey grinned at Sayana, then began to ascend them. "Iss inconvenient, but it wass time I had a home of my own here anywayss. Can have our privaccy there."

Once up on the surface, it took only a few chimes for Rey to find his house. Ushering Sayana in, he closed and locked the door behind him, before turning to grin at her.

"Sseemss danger followss you, my friend. Or you follow it?" Shaking his head, he pulled out a chair for her, and settled down by the table. "Perhapss I can be help to you. Thiss man you sspeak of..."

Rey ran through her earlier words, sorting through them.

"What bringss him to Alvadass that he needss a guide? Assume iss not for sightseeing, yess? And what danger iss he, to you or otherss?"

ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on August 31st, 2016, 10:31 pm

Sayana followed the serpent through the twisting curves of the Underground. Up the coiling staircase they went, till at last they reached a humble home. “Yes, the Pilgrims. I have only been here a day or two and even I have noticed their abundance.” Sayana replied with a nod as she cast her gaze around Reysin’s home. She had tried to pay attention to the way they had come, although knowing Alvadas it would be a different route should she try to find it again. Still, it was comforting to know that should trouble arise, there may be a place for her to stay.

The Eypharian took a seat upon the offered chair. She shrugged off her dark outer garments, revealing an elegant red and black dress. At the serpent’s questions, Sayana began to reply. “Clyde is--” A mage. A powerful strong mage. Except her voice caught and she didn’t manage to utter the words.

She tried again but found herself getting stuck at the same place. It was strange. It was seemingly voluntary but involuntary at once, like she knew she shouldn’t be telling such secrets about the man.

“Clyde has many secrets that I cannot divulge.” Sayana spoke, revising how she was going to go about this. She caught the dhani’s gaze and held it for a couple of ticks. This statement was true, and not necessarily a secret in of itself. She considered her next words and instead focused on secrets of her own. Or at least her own interpretations.

“Have you ever met someone and realized within the first five chimes just how important it was to befriend them, because if somehow you managed to make enemies of them, you wouldn’t stand a chance in Hai?”

“Maybe danger follows me, or maybe I flirt with danger. But I’d rather flirt openly with danger than let it sneak up on me from behind.”

The Eypharian drew one of her small throwing daggers and began flipping it in one of her high hands. It was merely a distraction, something to keep her hands occupied. Then she found the center point of the blade and spun it on the tip of her finger. It quickly brought back a memory in which she had tried to apply auristics to the weapon.

“He is also very knowledgeable, even if he may be dangerous. As for his purpose? I know he came with an isur blacksmith, but beyond that I couldn’t say.”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Yisanareysin on September 3rd, 2016, 6:26 am

Clyde is.....

Now that was interesting, Rey mused. He'd seen Sayana be coy, before, to avoid playing her hand too soon. But he'd never seen her cut herself off like that. And she'd done it twice, stopping at the same spot both times. Like she was afraid to continue.

"I have." He answered Sayana's question as she toyed with her dagger. "World will alwayss have larger predatorss." Though befriend wasn't exactly what he'd done with Severus. Heh. The Silver Serpent, Alvadas called him. The irony of it. No, Rey had simply made a note to stay out of that particular Speaker's way.

Still, it clarified things for him quite a bit. This Clyde was dangerous, then and not just immediately. Dangerous how? Sayana had never struck him as the type to be physically intimidated, and that wouldn't account for her caution in speaking. No, from her reluctance to speak, Rey guessed she was afraid of being overheard, of word getting back to this man. Someone in their line of work, then, a better spy than either of them? Or one with the wealth and influence to hire better spies? It would certainly explain her jumpiness earlier.

Hai. Had they been followed? He could check, later, when he was alone, or when he had his hood up. See if any paths had been following theirs. Until he could make sure, best to assume they had been, avoid saying anything too dangerous, or sensitive.

So, potentially someone very well informed, or influential, or both. Now, Rey's curiosity was definitely piqued. What kind of man brought an Eypharian spy as a guide, and an Isur blacksmith for some unknown reason to Alvadas, of all places? Hai, what kind of man could intimidate Sayana into silence like this? He couldn't quite figure it out. Or at the very least, he didn't have enough information.

Worse still, he was openly affiliated with Sayana. Rey had no regrets about that, but it did put him in the precarious position of possibly being put in the sight of a predator he didn't know, especially if she made a misstep. He'd have to look into this Clyde. Delicately, of course, but this was Rey's territory, and so the advantage was his.

"Knowledgeable... can be of many thingss. What does thiss one know?" He asked, leaving it open for Sayana to confide in him, or drop a hint, or anything that might help. He spread his hands wide. "Will not assk you to... divulge what you cannot, of coursse, but if you might usse my home to hide from danger, may be besst if I knew what to be wary of?"

She might be hesitant, still, might stop herself from speaking again. Breathing in deeply, Rey focused inwards, drawing heat and power and djed into the centre of himself, before letting it settle behind his eyes and ears and tongue. His sense came into focus, and he let it settle on Sayana, searching for her emotions and reactions.

Another pool of heat settled under his tongue, tingling his lips, and Rey smiled slightly in anticipation. It wasn't ideal, but right now, it seemed perhaps Sayana might need just a little bit more extra encouragement. And Rey had just the thing for it. A little dash of magic could do wonders to loosen one's tongue.

ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on September 5th, 2016, 12:27 am

“Knowledgeable can mean many things,” Sayana agreed without revealing anything in particular. It wasn’t hard to tell that the dhani wanted to glean more information. Under normal conditions she would have been more open with her knowledge or at least in terms of trading it, but as it was, she found herself hesitating once more.

“He knows… He knows a lot about… He can do…” Sayana shut her mouth, contemplating for a moment. Then she realized that Reysin’s attention was only half on her, half seemingly elsewhere as if he was…

“Reysin stop.” Sayana requested firmly as she suddenly got to her feet. In two strides she closed the gap between them and was very much within his personal space, hardly inches away from the dhani. With a half-teasing scold, she flicked his cheek with two of her fingers. If the dhani was attempting to do magic upon her, she wouldn’t give him the opportunity of peace and calm in order to focus his mind.

Another high hand was already reaching to brush back his long locks of hair and a mid hand trailed over his chest. “If you’re trying to do magic on me, I’d like you to stop.” She whispered, her warm breath soft upon his skin. If he did manage to sense some of her emotions, it would be a mix of protectiveness, wariness, and caution.

“I do not know what you can learn from auristics, but these secrets you’ll have to learn from Clyde himself.” She was not angry, nor accusing, but she was direct nonetheless. She was also watching the snake like a hawk, watching for any momentary lapses that might indicate something else was happening. And if the dhani hadn’t backed away yet, she would continue with distracting touches or brushing against his skin. Friendly, seductive, but with the purpose to distract.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Yisanareysin on November 8th, 2016, 7:36 am

That hesitation again, the taste of it a creeping bitterness. He knows.... He can.... Reluctance to speak was a familiar taste to him, but there was something else as well. A sharpness to it, a boundary of some sorts. There was an aftertaste of... what, exactly? Rey frowned, focusing his attention on that aftertaste. It felt almost familiar.

Sayana's sudden movement took him by surprise, and Rey jerked to his feet, startled into inaction when she drew into his space, and began to touch him. He scrabbled mentally as his sense began to slip away from him, trying desperately to get it under control again, to no avail. One final flash from Sayana (worryconcerndistressdefend), and it was gone, and he was left staring, wide eyed at her.

Eyris's eyes. What the hai was going on? Sayana had always been coy, holding her cards close to her chest, but she'd never actively blocked him like that before. This Clyde had her seriously rattled, which in turn had Rey slightly unnerved. His interest was definitely piqued now.

It seemed he would have to go straight to the source to learn anything more about this man. Sayana had given him enough to go on, if he milked his contacts at the docks. A man traveling with an Isur and an Eypharian had to be fairly memorable, and loose pursestrings made for loose tongues.

Still, that was for the future. For now... Gently, Rey pulled away from Sayana, and raised an eyebrow at her, a smile playing at the corner of his mouth. "I ssee. Sseems each time we meet you bring more mysteries. " Shaking his head, Rey stretched, then settled back into his chair, regardless of whether she had backed off or not. "My housse iss alwayss open for you. Would prefer, though, that you not bring a predator to my door. Essscape him in the underground firsst, if you can. " Rey paused, then reached out to settle a hand on her mid arm. "Try be ssafe, yess? A usseful fire will sstill burn you."

ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on November 13th, 2016, 11:29 pm

As he stared at her wide-eyed, she was certain she had his full attention. Although just to be sure, her hands didn’t stop roaming. One trailed down his front while another played with his long locks of hair as she gazed at him. He seemed disoriented, trying to understand her game, before eventually pulling away.

For a moment she was concerned, but then he spoke. He seemed to give in and she hoped so, for both their sakes. As he continued, she watched for faint movements or traces of deception, but couldn’t find any.

Letting out a quiet sigh of relief, she met his gaze. “Thank you Reysin. I really appreciate it.” Her voice was filled with very real gratitude. “I will not let him come to your door. Not through any of my doing. I will certainly lose him in the Underground long before he gets close.”

She took a deep if shaky breath. “But as much as I am grateful for the offer of a place to stay, I think it is safe for me to return to his residence tonight. If things get out of hand, I know where I can go. A useful fire can still burn you, but you never become good at building fires without the occasional burn.”

With his hand on her mid arm, she placed her high hand gently on top of it. “Thank you Reysin.”

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 11th, 2017, 4:50 am

Behold The Journey's Spoils!

Right Get Your grades here. Get ya grades here!

Reysin
Skills
  • 1 Investigation.
  • 1 Intelligence
  • 2 Auristics
  • 1 Pathfinding.
  • 1 Tracking
  • 1 Observation
  • 1 Interrogation
Lores
  • Hind sight - Easy descriptiors are not good names.
  • Kids - fantastic sources of information.
  • Sayana - Deep red, smells of the desert.
  • Strange man in a strange land, according to Sayana.
  • Clyde - powerful, knowledgable and dangerous
  • Always a bigger fish
  • Big trouble from such a little person.
  • Sayana: Woman of many problems.
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (-) 2 silvers Amount
  • Injuries / Consequences Nada!

Sayana
Skills
  • Stealth 1
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Wordplay 1
  • Seduction 1
  • Subterfuge 1
Lores
  • Alvadans: Wearing weapons is fashionable now?
  • Fear: Lessens with time.
  • Reysin: Growing networker.
  • Rey's place: Spiralling tower of stars.
  • Clyde: cant spill the beans on him
  • Wording: Particularly important.
  • Snap decisions often lead to problems
  • Always a bigger fish
  • An offer of saftey, or at least refuge.
  • Distracting with a touch.
  • Reysin: Suprisingly thoughtful.
Miscellaneous
  • Extra comments. I hate you sayana!
    I cant give you all the points I wanted too cos your skills are too damned high Q.Q

Summary:

Right guys loely little thread. Got a fantastic understanding of the relation between Sayana and Reysin in just a short few posts and i love how much Clyde scared the ever loving heck out of Sayana and how much Rey is spooked by that in turn. Lovely guys Well done.

As usual though if there's anything you feel I've missed or done wrong punch me in the stomach! ( I.e. pm me!)

Here.
Have a gold star.
(Feel free to click it.)

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes