(Witty and clever introduction here)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Vaerin on January 18th, 2017, 3:58 am

Hello all! It's nice to find a board like this, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and participating here. I'm pretty awful with introductions and describing myself in general, so I am extremely grateful for Gossamer for this list.

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
For the most part I have gone by the alias of Moon or some variant on this. I'm not overly fussed by this though, so feel free to call me whatever.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I've been on and off participating in RP and acting both on stage and on film as hobbies for a pretty long time now. I enjoy the process of creating and exploring other identities and psyches. I started out with WoW back in the very early days, and have primarily focused on more high fantasy or modern fantasy/horror concept sites or games following this. I have had a fairly even split between female and male characters (I'd say maybe a 60-40% split). I particularly like collaborative processes when it comes to world building and writing, so I have found RP to be my most preferred method of writing.

3. How did you find us?
A random google search of a fantasy themed board that had a well thought out world.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
I like to read and participate in as many varieties as possible. I do find myself gravitating more towards character interaction and exploration over more high drama or fighting sequences though. Possibly because I find getting to the core of what a person or character has experienced and how that has shaped them to be fascinating.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
Whoops, kind of already partially answered that in the previous question. I am not particularly fond of delving into romantic, violent, overly traumatic themes unless it feels like there is reasonable justification for these in creating a natural and cohesive path for that character's progression. That and I feel like my writing in areas such as that often feels stilted or awkward. haha

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
The world and lore. I think all the races are unique, interesting and have well written and cohesive characteristics. I'm looking forward to strengthening my understanding of the world!

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
I've always sucked at codes and math. Please bear with me while I re-familiarize myself with these concepts.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
A good chance to scratch that itch for a fully immersive fantasy world that things like the Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age just aren't fulfilling at the moment.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
Nothing really springs to mind at the moment as I still feel I am very much in the early stages of fully exploring and learning about Mizahar and its lore. I suppose since I have done a lot of study in the field of sociology I would like to see all of the races' cultural mores and maybe counter-cultural or sub-cultural lifestyles expanded upon somehow. I think they are great as they are. I'm just a nerd for learning about all the little things that connect a group of people together.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
I can't really think of anything at the moment...so...I'm Old Gregg..?!
Common|Symenos|Vani|Thoughts
Vaerin
Player

Words: 102230
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2017, 3:35 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nara Utovosm on January 18th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Hi Vaerin, welcome to Mizahar! -says the apparent newbie

I'm actually not very new, but I'll get to that. Wanted to proclaim my growing limerence for your character first :D Haha, seriously though, the whole 'exploring other identities and psyches' part is really clear with your concept & backstory. And Old Gregg. Man[gina], that was an intense + hilarious snippet of some deep unconsciousness-y stuff...

Nerds are fun. I'm a nerd too, probably more for the little things that shift people from dominating/power-hungry primates into bee-hive-like groups of creators.

If you need help with coding, let me know. Like I said, I'm not new, been around for a while, made my first character in 2012, never stuck around for long enough to get a character really fleshed out because life gets in the way/I get stuck/I think I'm anonymous/selfishly leave people hanging/blahblahblah. Soooo, I wouldn’t call myself a reliable threading partner - BUT I love writing, expressing authenticity, and realistic characters. I tell you all this because you seem like a great writer and I’d love to thread with you someday - if you’re interested, and can bear with my slightly temperamental OOC self, let me know.

This place, Miz, it’s so great - thanks to Gossamer and the Founders for making such an addictively immersive fantasy world - I hope you have fun!
Nara Utovosm
How does that make you feel?

Words: 5473
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2017, 10:17 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Roselina on January 18th, 2017, 6:22 pm

Welcome to Mizahar!

I read through your character sheet and it's very interesting, you've definetly created a good and believable character. Also just wanted to give you a tip to be careful with your vantha heritage throughout winter.

If you ever want to roleplay, pm me! I'm in Syrilas. :)

Hope you enjoy it here

Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Words: 62756
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 18th, 2017, 7:03 pm

Cheeky buggers these newbies these days.

Welcome. We particularly like nerds and drama geeks. You will fit right in.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Vaerin on January 19th, 2017, 2:06 am

Thank you everyone!

To Raoul, I'm very happy to hear that. I will admit so far I am pretty infatuated with how Vaerin has come out so far as well. I would definitely like that. I'm sure we can find some way to make threading together work. Yeah, I love the mighty boosh, old Gregg was by far one of the funniest characters they created. And that is saying something.

To Rosalina, that is very much appreciated. :D I will say that the whole Vantha thing was one of those happy coincidences. It should add an extra dynamic to his goals. I will definitely have to take you up on that when I get more of a feel for writing as him. I think that there could be some very interesting interactions there.

And to Gossamer, indeed we are. haha I appreciate the warm welcome, and want to thank you and all the staff for the hard work you continuously put into this site. It really does show.
Vaerin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Reflection on January 19th, 2017, 7:20 pm

Hello! I'm Reflection, AS of Syliras.

Welcome to Mizahar! I hope you have a good time here, I have provided some links below which will be very helpful in getting started in our wonderful world. :)

Useful Links:
-Character Sheet Templates
-Starting Guide
-Starting Package
-Skill List
-Skill Guide

Should you have any questions, feel free to go to the Questions and Answers forum and post there!
Signature courtesy of Prophet

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Words: 88001
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2016, 9:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Dovey on January 19th, 2017, 9:58 pm

Hi Vaerin, welcome! I'm new here myself and really like it so far, hopefully you will too. I'm in Syliras as well, so if you'd like to roleplay just PM me!
"Common" "Fratava" "Pavi"
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Words: 221497
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2016, 10:42 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Vaerin on January 20th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Thank you both Reflection, and Dovey. I am enjoying it greatly so far. Dovey, thank you! I will when I am a little better acquainted with writing as Vaerin for sure!
Vaerin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes