Quest One With Nature

Silverheart comissions hunters for food (PM to Join)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

One With Nature

Postby Languish on February 23rd, 2017, 11:08 pm

title

OOC NotesI'll kick this off, and then you guys are welcome to RP through it on your own. I'll intervene if any of the NPC's need input, or when you guys are ready to go back and return the goods- whichever comes first.

The order will be Luxe then Prowl.

17th of Winter, 516 AV

"No, no, it's fine. It's just been awhile is all. I'll last." Goron assured the secretary. He had come to see if the latest shipment of food had come in yet, but as of then, no luck.

His stomach rumbled noisily- a foreign sound in the Citadel that turned the heads of a few long-dead Nuit. Some hadn't heard the growling of a stomach for a few hundred years, and so the sound almost startled them. Goron smiled sheepishly and held up a hand in apology until each turned back to their business.

What was he to do? He couldn't go much longer without food and stay healthy, but he also couldn't wait for the Synchographer's Office to catch up.

It was at that moment that the hunter came in. He was long and lanky, but his thin muscles stretched with the weight of a handfull of Thornhare over his shoulder. The hunter nodded to Goron as he passed before tossing the hares down on the front desk.

"Delivery for a Mrs. Thelma Jenkins." He told the slave politely. The slave behind the desk nodded and passed the hunter a handful of silvers, for which he was thanked. As the hunter turned to leave, Goron grabbed him by the shoulder.

"You said those are for Thelma?" He asked.

The hunter glanced about nervously before responding. "Ah, yes sir."

"Can you get some for me? I'll pay."

The hunter paled. "I'm- I'm so sorry, sir. But I'm expected back at the lab. Perhaps I could....I could do some for you next week?"

Goron shook his head and clucked his tongue softly. "No, that won't do. Don't worry about it. I'll find someone else."

Despite Goron's words, it was clear that the hunter would worry about it. However, he did have orders, and so he scrambled out the door as quickly as his legs would go. In his wake, Goron reapproached the front desk.

"Could I leave an advertisement here? Or a request, perhaps?"

The slave peered up at the hulking figure, merely nodding in the affirmative.

"Perfect." Goron said. "Write this down." He didn't wait for the slave to pick up paper, but merely began, letting the slave scramble for utensils.

"Attention All Hunters: Meat Needed. Return fresh catch with this ad to Synchograph’s Office for reward of 25 Gold Mizas." He nodded decisively. "Yes, that's good. Nice and simple. Shall I stay here, or would you give them out to the hunters?"

"Whichever you would like, Sir."

"I'll stay for a chime, then. I'll pick out the good ones." He laughed and winked, though the gesture was not returned by the apprehensive slave. Finally, he held out a hand for the utensil. "May I sign my name?"

The slave handed over the quill, and Goron scribbled a hardly-legible, loopy signature on the bottom.
~ Master Wizard Goron Silverheart
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

One With Nature

Postby Prowl on March 1st, 2017, 2:29 am

placeholder
Prowl