Really new to this, need help

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Ziro on March 7th, 2017, 4:02 pm

Hello guys! I am really new to this but this looks cool! I want to be able to join RPs with others and build my character's background, but it is too hard for me at this stage :((

For example, I have few questions:
My race is human and I want to RP as a sharpshooter having a sniper rifle and a handgun, possibly other items too if I find them during the RP.

Can I still use skills? How do I get the skills? How do I improve them?

Any other information is helpfull, I want to know everything that I should know as a newbie, also.. where can I start RPing as a newbie, I don't want to join others topics and write bullshits due to my lack of knowledge, don't want to break their fun :s Is there any place where I can start easy with short RPs until I get used to it?
Ziro
Hunter

Words: 440
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2017, 3:52 pm
Race: Human

Postby Dove Brown on March 7th, 2017, 4:56 pm

Welcome to Mizahar. Be aware that tech in this game is at a medieval level - there are no guns and no explosives in existance.

Here are some Useful links to get you started.
Useful Links:
-Character Sheet Templates
-Starting Guide
-Starting Package
-Skill List
-Skill Guide

Whichever city you choose to play in, you can rp with other people, or you can rp on your own in Solo threads.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ziro on March 7th, 2017, 5:30 pm

Oh god, thanks for letting me know, I have to change my character then.
Ziro
Hunter

Words: 440
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Postby Ball on March 7th, 2017, 11:49 pm

Welcome love the name.. ;) Also... When did 7 more of me show up? Hot damn I knew I was awesome. but THAT awesome? Damn.

Also, what Dove said
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes