OOC Info Character Registry: Spring 517

All PCs must report here before posting IC.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Character Registry: Spring 517

Postby Artigan Crowley on April 10th, 2017, 1:31 pm

Character Name: Artigan Crowley
CS: CS
Purpose of Residence: Native citizen.
Duration of Stay: For the forseeable future.
Do you want to participate in the Buzz on the Lake? No.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Probably, mostly questions. I'll try not to be too annoying with the questions.
Character Goals:
  • Become a freelance gadgeteer, fixing up whatsits around the city.
  • Earn enough money for his own house
  • Save enough for a season of study at the Institute of Higher Learning

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: I don't think I'm experienced enough to answer this question.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: I don't think I'm experienced enough to answer this question.

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? Cut down on my flowery language. Weird adverbs and adjectives can really make my writing unhelpfully fluffy, and I want to stop that.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? Yes I would!

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. Theocratic Venice governed by the god of Evil and Chaos, where the citizens live peaceful lives mostly free of crime and danger (compared to the rest of the world), where arts and business flourish in safety.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? I like social threads if they aren't cardboard. I'm not sure about which celebrations exactly would get around the stigma, but I would like to see more than one holiday in the year. Perhaps a celebration of the arts, where PC and NPC artists and craftsmen display their best work in an attempt to win the attention of Rhysol or the Black Sun?

What types of plots interest you the most? This season, social and job threads are my starting points – I want to get to know Artigan as a character before I decide what's most interesting.

What types of plots fit your character the best? See above.

You may ask one question of your ST. Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?
Artigan Crowley
Player

Words: 39574
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2017, 2:03 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rhyson Halfhame on April 16th, 2017, 7:05 am

Character Name: Rhyson Halfhame
CS: Rhyson's CS
Purpose of Residence: Resident of Ravok, and Private Investigator Extraordinaire!
Duration of Stay: Indefinite or Until He Gets Kicked Out
Do you want to participate in the Buzz on the Lake? Yes
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.
Character Goals:
  • To become an established investigator, quite possibly in service to one of the Noble Families of Ravok.
  • To brush up against one of the forces working in Ravok, like The Black Sun, Rising Dawn, Ebonstryfe, etc.

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: Totally new to Ravok, and I couldn't say just yet. Ask again come Summer.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: I'd definitely love for there to be more artwork of Ravok, because as a concept I think it's brilliant for visualizing through art. But I guess that's up to Miz's artists huh?

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? I want to work on revising, being persistent, and also on tuning in a bit more to my go-with-the-flow style where I just get acquainted with the setting but don't get hung up on tiny details.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? More to write, more to learn, more to experience! I'm all for it! I've been looking for the cure to those painful times when I've got plenty to spare on Miz but nothing to respond to. Sounds perfect!

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. So picture Venice my dude, only instead of being heavily Roman Catholic, they worship a dark god of EVIL. But my dude, the Ravokians think this god is the shizzle. And there's a bunch of these priest cats, and they kind of run things with the help of these mafia toughs, man. It's like Scarface meets The Borgias all up in this with a sprinkling of Indiana Jones, my dude. This city's legit.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? Well if you were to ask me, the worst part of social/party threads is getting hung up on waiting for somebody's response for days, especially if there's a lot of players. The easiest way in my mind to get around this would be to have a built-in IRL timer, where unless the person gave warning of their absence, should the timer expire the next person in the post order could go ahead. Or you know, just don't have a post order I guess. I don't really mind social threads anyway.

What types of plots interest you the most? Plots where you can explore character, and relationships. Mizahar, I'm sure, could be amazing for a big region-wide event, as I haven't participated in any yet. Maybe even inter-region event, though that would be truly massive. At its core though, Miz lets us explore characters and relationships through threads. So I like to plot how my character and others will get into amusing, scary, or downright forbidding scenarios, and then when we get there, see where the characters take us!

What types of plots fit your character the best? Mysteries, intrigue, crime, and lots and lots of self-reflection. My character's basically tailor-made to be put up against different personalities, where he will then deconstruct them to the point that they are little more than a simple puzzle piece to him, and then a big part of the plot revolves around how this particular puzzle piece fits into Rhyson himself.

You may ask one question of your ST. Hey Proph. So... Nice weather we're having, huh?
Rhyson Halfhame
Forgotten One

Words: 21152
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2017, 9:02 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zark on May 2nd, 2017, 1:37 am

Zark of the Tempered Steel
Character sheet:tinyurl.com/zarkmyri
Purpose of residence: Training and crafting for a weapon worthy of recognition.
Duration of stay: Undecided.
Participation on Buzz of the lake: No
Require assistance: Only for any specifics I cannot do myself to have Zark work in the Defiled Blade.
Character Goals:
  • To learn weaponsmithing.
  • To craft a weapon worthy of recognition (It is meant for Myri, after all.)

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: Nothing so far.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: Nothing so far.
What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season?- Greater independance. I want to break through the learning curve of Mizahar.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed?-- Sure, it would make sense, especially if the building is near the smithy he will be working at. Example: There is a lack of space for making X item or to store X material. But room could be made if the storehouse next door could be cleared away.

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok: A city of stone, filled with mostly humans. The order of the city seems to be steady, chaos mostly subdued. However, there is a clear tension in the air, for everyone wants to become more powerful and richer. If they can do so by abusing a few folk, they will. It is, however, a civilized city. Roads are made of cobblestone, houses have thick walls and waterproof roofs. It isn’t barbaric or anarchic.
Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? Maybe, the holidays would need to have meaning to each personal PC. For example, Zark is a Myrian. Most holidays in Ravok won’t have any meaning for him when he is new. Over time, as he becomes more fluent in common and with the Ravokian traditions, most likely he’ll try and participate.[/u] What types of plots interest you the most?

What types of plots fit your character the best? No idea as of now.

You may ask one question of your ST: My one question would be how I can personally improve my writing and make it more fun to read. I haven’t posted much yet, but I do hope to post more in the future.
Zark
Player

Words: 8954
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2016, 10:43 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Coryn on May 12th, 2017, 10:47 pm

Character Name: Coryn
CS: Boop!
Purpose of Residence: Slave
Duration of Stay: The foreseeable future
Do you want to participate in the Buzz on the Lake? Nope
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No thanks
Character Goals:
  • Survive slavery in Ravok (easy-peasy right?)
  • Find an owner

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: It might be handy to have a specific pinned thread with the city map, just for easy access when you're writing and thread can't-for-the-life-of-you remember the name of *that* place.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: I love the double-edged sword nature of Ravok. It's beautiful, mysterious and captivating... and also bloody dangerous and dangerously bloody.

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? I want to try and do Ravok justice by catching that dual-nature of luxurious dangerousness and risk. I also want to get more active in planning plots with thread partners.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? That's a pretty cool idea actually, and being a slave Coryn can't exactly be choose about what jobs she'll be doing

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. A city where everything is perfect; the weather, the economy, the buildings, the people, the crime rate (nil), the fanatics that run the joint, the God of Evil who controls it all.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? I think if it has a background plot that is a little more structured than 'let's throw our PCs together and have them talk about literally nothing for 23 posts', it should be fine.

What types of plots interest you the most? I honestly enjoy all types of threads, but anything that is challenging in terms of conflict is always good.

What types of plots fit your character the best? The good thing about having a slave is that Coryn will slot into almost any situation pretty easily. But I guess the ones that suit her the best are ones that involve her increasing her massage skill, negotiation/investigation/subterfuge skill.

You may ask one question of your ST. What's your honest opinion on Rhysol?
Coryn
has a hard time saying no.

Words: 80458
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2016, 10:54 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sofia on May 12th, 2017, 10:55 pm

Character Name: Sofia Desrosiers
CS: here
Purpose of Residence: Orphan at the Commorancy, on track to joining the Black Sun.
Duration of Stay: Indefinite
Do you want to participate in the Buzz on the Lake? It looks like a good idea. (Yes)
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, for further information on NPCs so I can RP her lessons.
Character Goals:
  • Outshine her peers
  • Join the Black Sun (Though this won't be happening until she graduates in Winter)
  • Earn some minor recognition from Rhysol before she joins the Black Sun

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: I'm new to Mizahar in general, and Ravok especially, but as I'm playing someone pretty young I think I'd like there to be more about children and their role in the city.

Greatest Aspect of Ravok: Why, the glory of Rhysol, of course!

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? I want to improve on my writing, well, mean-spirited characters. I tend to gravitate towards writing friendly people, and writing someone manipulative and mean will be a change of pace I need to work on.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? I'm not sure on this. Seeing as Sofia is a child (and fairly weak at that) she wouldn't be particularly useful in the physical aspect. Perhaps the orphanage runs a fundraiser.

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. A surprisingly organized city for something controlled by the god of evil and chaos, the weather is great and you have nothing to worry about...as long as you're a citizen.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? I like social threads. I also think that if there were a festival or holiday, that after the first round or two of posting, it might be best to split it up into groups.

What types of plots interest you the most? Plots where my character will get to explore her strengths and weaknesses.

What types of plots fit your character the best? In general, what I wrote above. But more specifically, I want plots that help me explore and test her devotion to the city and to Rhysol.

You may ask one question of your ST. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Sofia
taking brat to another level

Words: 8776
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2017, 1:39 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous