Introduction - 10 Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Artillian on April 11th, 2017, 4:13 am

I never know what to put in an introduction so I'm glad I found the welcome thread with a list of suggested questions. Sooooo, yeah. I'm just going to jump into that.

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
You can call me Artillian. Or Art. Naturally, that's also the name of my first character here on Mizahar.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
I first started role playing on Yahoo Chat back in 2001 up until they closed down the user chat rooms. I fell out of role playing for a couple years after that before joining my first forum. I was on there for a couple of years but I wasn't very active. I joined a couple of other forums but never really stuck around.

Miz seems a lot different from other forums I've run across and I'm really itching to do some writing so I hope to become at least semi-regular around here.

3. How did you find us?
The way I find everything on the Web; Google.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
As in...genre? Fantasy. I've role played a handful of sci-fi settings but most of my experience is in fantasy. I'm still not very accustomed to posting on a forum what with most of my role playing taking place in the live chats on Yahoo.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I'll let you know once I start doing some actual writing. I haven' picked up the proverbial pen in years.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
I really love the Skill and XP system. It's like the structure of a table-top game with the freedom of creative writing.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
See above. But that'll pass. I just have to get through the learning curve and I think I'll be okay.

8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience?
I'd love to get some actual writing done and maybe even tell a compelling story or two. Maybe even find some regulars to role play with. I'd also like to eventually contribute some to the Skill list.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
I'd like to see more attention paid to the Skills. It seems like there are some redundancies as well as skills without descriptions that could really use them. I won't go into too much detail because I'm still new and maybe I'm just missing something. The opposite is true, too as there are other skills (such as Acrobatics) that are very detailed and which I love.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?
Music. One of my favorite things to do when creating a character for a role play is to associate them with a custom playlist. It helps me to get into my character's head. I don't have any in mind right now, but if you're ever interested in what sort of songs I associate with my characters, just ask!

And that's it for the questions. I do have a question of my own. The character I have in mind is, for the most part non-combative and is more about stealth and espionage. In short and at the risk of possibly pigeon-holing my character, I am wondering if anybody might have any suggestions as to a good starting location for a detective-type character?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Artillian
Player

Words: 1384
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2017, 2:42 am
Race: Human

Postby Languish on April 11th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Hello, and welcome, Art!

Man, Yahoo Chat roleplay? Ain't that a blast from the past! :p

I liked the note about music being a part of your roleplay. I've seen a lot of people put playlists for their characters on their character sheet or linked in their signature to help others get into that same mindset. I think it's a great idea, and one I'll have to get on one of these days for my own characters

As for a detective-related city, I know that Fallon was looking for an apprentice in her detective business, so that might be something to look into. Otherwise, Ravok and SahovaShameless self-plug. Come on over! I'd love to have you! are both great cities for political espionage and intrigue.

Whatever you decide, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me, your local ST, or the friendly folks in CHAT. We're all here to help.
Again, welcome!
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on April 11th, 2017, 8:47 pm

Hello Art,
I'm with Languish... Yahoo Chat role play? Talk about back-in-the-good-ole-days memories. I'd even forgotten Salara had had a stint of action there as well. Welcome to Mizahar. Happy writing!
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Artillian on April 12th, 2017, 1:27 am

Yeah. Yahoo. It just occurred to me that I dated myself with that little memory. But they were the good old days. There was always something nice about entering a chat (usually a forest or a tavern...) and not knowing what sort of mischief you were going to get into that day.

Anyways, thank you for your suggestions, Languish and thank you, Salara for the welcome.

P.S. I meant to ask you Languish about your slick border. I've seen a few other people spice up their posts like that. Some of them are hard to read but overall, they're pretty cool. Is that a site feature or is there more involved?
Artillian
Player

Words: 1384
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2017, 2:42 am
Race: Human

Postby Languish on April 12th, 2017, 3:39 am

Those fancy borders are called boxcodes, and they are based on BBCode and a dab of CSS, if I'm not mistaken.

We have a little intro here for starters, but you can also look in the Aesthetics and Design page (Forum index->Resources->Aesthetics and Design) for some great work by our Miz coders and artists. A lot of them have request forms available for people who want boxcodes but aren't quite as tech-savvy, so those are always an option unto you get the hang of it.
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Rhyson Halfhame on April 13th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Welcome Artillian!

My new PC and your PC could totally become a firm of Private Investigators in Ravok, if you're up for it! Shoot me a PM if you're interested! :)

If you choose to go with Fallon or Sahova, I will forgive you, and promptly have a mystery-solving competition with you!

-Rhyson
Rhyson Halfhame
Forgotten One

Words: 21152
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2017, 9:02 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes