Slave NPCs and Traveling

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Slave NPCs and Traveling

Postby Artigan Crowley on April 13th, 2017, 11:38 pm

Hey there! I have a quick question regarding NPCs and slavery when it comes to traveling around.

According to the NPC lore, there are two kinds of slaves: traveling and stationary. Stationary NPCs have skill 50 points but cannot move from their place of origin, while traveling NPCs can move but only have 30 skill points.

My question is: how does this rule apply to slaves? If my PC pays 400 gold for a 50xp human male, then decides he wants to pack up and move to Sahova, would that slave come with him or would he have to leave him behind?

What if he spent 1000 gold on an "extraordinary" slave, who would then have 100 skill points? Would that slave come with him on this trip to Sahova (or other city where slavery is legal) or would it have to stay at its point of origin?
Artigan Crowley
Player

Words: 39574
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2017, 2:03 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Slave NPCs and Traveling

Postby Prophet on April 14th, 2017, 2:03 am

Artigan Crowley wrote:Hey there! I have a quick question regarding NPCs and slavery when it comes to traveling around.

According to the NPC lore, there are two kinds of slaves: traveling and stationary. Stationary NPCs have skill 50 points but cannot move from their place of origin, while traveling NPCs can move but only have 30 skill points.

Stationary means they stay in your residence or shop. A traveling NPC can accompany your character on any thread anywhere whereas the stationary type can only be used in a 'home' thread.

Artigan Crowley wrote:My question is: how does this rule apply to slaves? If my PC pays 400 gold for a 50xp human male, then decides he wants to pack up and move to Sahova, would that slave come with him or would he have to leave him behind?

What if he spent 1000 gold on an "extraordinary" slave, who would then have 100 skill points? Would that slave come with him on this trip to Sahova (or other city where slavery is legal) or would it have to stay at its point of origin?

When moving cities, your property would go with you. If you were traveling from point A to B for a two day exchange and then returning back to A, I would be inclined to say no. If your character was going to Sahova and taking up residence for a season or two, I would say yes since the slave would then have a 'home' where it could be stationary. For these types of things, the hypothetical is generally this: what does the site rule say?

If you have a specific scenario in mind, run it up the ST flagpole and we will address it. I hope this answers your question.
-P
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Slave NPCs and Traveling

Postby Artigan Crowley on April 14th, 2017, 5:19 am