Open The place that I want to know again

Syltar arrives to Syka and want to settle there.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The place that I want to know again

Postby Syltar on May 20th, 2017, 1:37 pm

2nd of Spring, 517 AV

Falyndar was no alien place for Syltar. Land overgrown with life was very foundation of his ambition. He might said that this place hadn't changed at all since his last visit three years ago. However, to his surprise, people start to settle in harsh environment of jungle.

The settlement were known as Syka, a place that might become Syltar's new home. It was last day, since ship sailed from Riverfall, in order to reach not so far destination of Syka. Syltar could feel pleasant breeze on his face. His eyes were closed and his mouth showed expression of smile. His nose sensed very smell of sea. And of course the sounds. Waves of sea, flopping wings and callings of birds in unreachable sky, rackets of sailors and the Others who traveled to common destination.

Syl was rather satisfied by this state of things. His hands lied on ship’s railings. Syl’s fingers touched very surface of it, not much to his finger’s surprise, railings were made from wood. Passerby on ship could say that Syl was in state reminding meditation? Or maybe he was simply enjoying wonders of journey.

Indeed Syl wasn’t just enjoying trip. As he was cleaning his mind from irrelevant mess. Like once servants were tidying their master’s mansion from dirt. Nonetheless he didn’t stay in this state for long. As his attention was concentrating on sailor’s words “Syka on the horizon!” sailor screamed from foremast. It appeared that sailor was in joy saying that. Syl opened his eyes. They changed, nostalgia was visibly seen from deeps of his eyes. Afterwards, his gaze started to reflect bright light.

Many thoughts pierced his mind like arrows of hunter pierce the hunt when it try to run. ‘What challenges, hardships wait here for me?’ Syl asked himself, and decided to continue his monologue. ‘Very impressing, they were able to build something new in such harsh place.’ Syl’s impression wasn’t surprising.

As someone familiar with Falyndar region, he knew that this was big deal to build something stable here without being eaten alive and then pooped up by nature.

Syl took his right hand. He started to move his fingers, starting from pinky, then ring, middle and index. He moved his hand towards horizon, opened it wide and said in mind ‘I shall claim any secret of life that this place hides’ and when his mind ended saying that he tightened fist, and returned to state of enjoyment from journey. As he knew that it will take a while until ship will moor to coast.

After some time the ship finally reached the coast. Syl took his bag that he had with himself for all of this journey and walked towards ship’s exit. Just before taking step on the port ground’s he said in mind ‘It’s been a fun journey.’ When Syl left ship he realized something ‘it’s high time to find place to sleep…and make some allies!’ With smile on face Syltar started to look for someone who was so generous to help him.
Syltar
Player

Words: 4668
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2017, 7:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nya Winters on May 20th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Timestamp: XX of XX, 516 AV

Nya had waited eagerly for the first sighting of The Veronica. Many settlers had. The dock the ship moored too had been one the entire group had worked to build so that James Chaliva had a place to tie up the ship rather than have to row out repeatedly when he was resupplying the settlement. Here, everyone worked together. It was how The Veronica got loaded for her journey to Riverfall and how she got unloaded to resupply. The beach around the dock turned into a temporary dockyard as crates and bags were unloaded by hand, wheelbarrow, and hand cart. Everything was sorted and then take to its destination, whether it be the Mercantile or one of the private bungalows.

The kelvic woman started towards the dock only to see a young man exit without a load other than his small bag of belongings. "Hey!" She called out, stopping him with a hand on his shoulder. Feral green eyes met his blue-grey ones as she stopped him and took a long look. Young. Nya decided instantly. He didn't know better, but she'd tell him.

Her hair, what was visible from under her straw hat, wasn't just one color but was instead brindled much like a dogs coat. It was the greens and browns of a forest, with a few streaks of blond and red woven in.

"There's no dock crew here, Sir. Everyone usually helps unload the ship if they can. Everyone. Even the new people." Nya's voice was firm, but not unkind. She had crinkles around her haunted eyes that looked like she'd seen a few things in her life that she'd rather not discuss. And as close as they were she got a good look at him too. Pale. Too pale for the summer sun. Her own skin had tanned dark after the first few days of abuse she'd been to inexperienced to avoid.

"I'm Nya. And you are going to burn to a crisp in the Syka sun if you don't do something about it...." The kelvic said, frowning as if the thought of him getting a sunburn bothered her as she suddenly pulled the floppy straw hat from her head and shoved it on the strangers. "There you go. You can borrow it for the unload." She smiled at him and then gestured towards the ship.

"Once The Veronica is unloaded and sorted, Mathias will feed us, for sure. He's a great cook. Then if you need a place to stay you can talk to Randal. He's in charge of housing. Odds are hes laying a pig in the pit right now with Mathias, which is why they are going to be a few minutes later than everyone else to unload. But others will get here soon. Come on lets get started. You can stash your stuff on the beach. No one will take it." Nya insisted, heading past him towards the ship to get her first load. She couldn't make him help, but the girl definitely gave him a way to get in good with the others that already lived here.

Now at the ship, James called a greeting to her and she answered with a wave as she hopped up on the gangplank and headed aboard. She reappeared a few minutes later with huge sacks of what appeared to be flour perched on her shoulders.

Back on the beach people were seemingly melting from the jungle. Word spread fast and soon enough a crew of sorts was forming for unloading. They looked like ordinary people. Fit, healthy, and happy people. The denizens of Syka were laughing, talking, and seemingly preparing to have a good time. Another man emerged carrying a drum in his one good hand. His other seemed to be in a cast. People greeted each other and a few seemed to give the man with the bad arm a little bit of a hard time until he started working his drum and singing, giving the others some music to work too.

The atmosphere seemed celebratory.

Quite a few of the people smiled at him. Some nodded and gave their names as they passed him. It was up to the newcomer if he introduced himself in kind and jumped in to help or left the beach to finish the errand he'd started out on.

Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Nya Winters on January 21st, 2018, 5:41 am

Timestamp: XX of XX, 516 AV

Nya

Hostessing +1, Socialization +1

Syltar, if you come back let me know and I'll grade you or continue the thread.

Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)