Closed [Priskill's Pond] Help wanted: Pitching a tent. (Karyk)

No need to know how to pitch a tent living in the wild - until you want one. A good excuse....

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[Priskill's Pond] Help wanted: Pitching a tent. (Karyk)

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on May 20th, 2017, 2:27 am

Salara had found her bond-mate and lost him, setting her adrift in an unknown life. Back then there had been no courtship and very little friendship before they knew they were destined to be together. It had been so easy to fall and so terribly, terribly difficult to let go. She didn’t know if there could ever be another such as him; but what a lonely life to live without at least some heartfelt companionship? How could she even consider asking someone else to choose such a bitter-sweet gift only to know that it will be lost? Her body shudders slightly with the thought, could she herself survive the anticipation of another such loss?

The air and ardor cooled after her words and she worried that her bumbling inexperience with how things were done between a man and woman had perhaps ruined their fledgling friendship, which would surely sour the long days before them all. Although he stepped closer causing her pulse to leap, Karyk’s silence throughout her revelation was daunting as her mind raced in turmoil streaked with embarrassment.

Waiting with gaze unfocused for him to stomp off in disgust that she should be thinking of such permanence; or even worse, laugh to her face with the fact that he’d never intended any such thing regardless of Dorrin’s encouragements. Or maybe, just silence. In her mind’s eye she imagined him distantly turning to finish setting the tent, of course he was too much a gentleman to leave it lay at this stage, and then simply walk away. How would she show her face among their fellow travelers again?

She hardly felt a slow tear drizzle down the cheek turned from him. Silently her mind raced through half-hearted curses at those such as Dorrin and Tollivant. Oleander, Hortense, along with the other knowing looks and confirming nods, which she caught tossed her way by many others of the caravan after seeing the two of them together even briefly. To put such silly girl dreams in her head that he would have even considered a future with her worth losing. Only Kesh, in simple friendship, seemed innocent of ‘seeing’ a connection between them.

And then, the touch, his second ever, brings a startled jump and gasp along with helplessly fluttering lashes. His coarse warm fingers reach, seemingly knowingly, to brush away the silvery trail of tears as he cups her face to turn her. His eyes black rimmed by the deepest brown say things she dared not believe, then the molten warmth, a river of heat, his kiss granted. Too soon he pulls away but only to bring another proof, his life’s blood pumping vitality as if he could bestow more upon her through her palm upon his chest over the scarred badge of their meeting.

Looking into his eyes, she leans in as if they weren’t close enough, to whisper, “I believe you are the most capably intelligent man I know. It is my intelligence I have concern for to bring this nature, me, to you and yours.” Still, the slightest flicker, a bare hint of darkness ghosts across the damp gleam in her eyes, knowledge of a letter buried deep within her pack. But now was not the time for more painful truths; besides she was beginning to feel, it too would matter little in what the days ahead would hold. Teasing him to chase away any lingering shadows, “You’d better not go anywhere. We still have a tent to put up and wouldn’t a fire be nice too?” Grinning toothily she pulls her hand free of his, reaching gently to tug his beard hair, for a fiercer kiss to trap his lips, which closely followed.

Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Karyk on May 20th, 2017, 7:38 pm

Karyk saw her recently damp eyes light up a bit more as she spoke, broadening his smile just a bit more. But there was still a slight shake in those eyes, something unsaid. Karyk knew better than to push it. It wasn't important in this moment. He laughed heartily as she teased him about the tent, and went to reply with a quip of his own. However, it seemed Salara had no intention of letting him speak, as she pulled him by the beard toward her. Their lips collided hungrily, almost in desperation. And Karyk obliged, exhilarated.

His lips moved firmly against hers, opening slightly, but pressing forward constantly. His hand was on the small of her back, pulling her body tight against his. His other arm wrapped under her arm and up her back. He felt the lithe muscles of her back, as his lips explored hers. He broke for a moment, catching his breath, keeping his nose right next to hers, panting heavily, before pressing back into her. His hand on her back moved lower, gripping her hip, grinding his own into hers.

Finally he pulled away, face still a breath from hers, panting heavily, his eyes showing his excitement and hunger, his stomach and trousers tight as he held her there in his arms, his chest rising and falling heavily, his heart racing as fast as if he'd run to catch a departing ship. He hands moved down her body, finding her hands and entwining his thick, calloused fingers through her long, lithe ones.

Then grinning like a child watching a prank fire off successfully, "If ya wanted to kiss me, you could've just done it, didn't have to knock over your tent." He then turned away toward the pile of canvas and lumber, keeping one hand in hers. He led her by the hand to the collapsed side, casting sidelong glances and teasing grins her way as he did. He bent down, grabbing the canvas, and held it up as high as the opposite end would allow, and raised his arm to allow her entrance to the tent. His eyes were teasing, daring, suggesting the tent was more than just a place for her to rest tonight.

It wouldn't take long to reset the tent, and tie and stake all of the guidelines. It was nice and taut, and would stand up to all but the windiest of storms. Karyk pulled his shirt from where it hung about his waist, wiping the sweat from his chest and brow as he looked out over the rest of the camp, grateful for Salara's choice of location. His stomach was grumbling a bit now, and the thought of a fire and some nourishment was definitely an inviting one.

Aloud, still looking through the camp of merry and relaxed people, "Ya want some food? I got some back at the carriage, and some leftover firewood." He offered his open hand to her, should she wish to join him on this short errand.
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on May 21st, 2017, 5:32 pm

He gathered her in with strong arms encircling and holding her tightly, melding her to him as their desire collided. Perhaps imagination, but she would later dreamily recall feeling his pulses beat along-side hers their entire length throughout the passionate embrace. Her body met each bit of pressure and push with her own promise of more. Panting breath rumbled through her throat as their noses brushed through a brief intermission. He breaks their close contact to search for her hands down the length of her body eliciting a needy groan while her teeth part to graze along his collarbone.

A wave of heat rolled about and through her and their panting break was welcome as it cleared dizziness and refocused some of her balance. With an ornery grin he teases her about kisses and tents. Pushing a half step away with a Cheshire grin and a throaty chuckle she chastises him, “That had better not be a complaint, sir. Personally I think it was pure genius.”

When he didn’t move to correct the tent spike she had not secured properly, but back towards the dark confines of the deflated tent instead with hope and promises shouting through his motion, she allowed herself to be led. Unseeing in the close dark confines, cocooned between coarse canvas and cool ground, their experience was a thorough exploration of the many textures in between.

The tent went up much more successfully the second time around with Salara finding her lips frequently twisted into smug smiles of satisfaction. Watching him wipe the sweat from his brow, her eyes lingering over now familiar scars upon his arm and chest, she realized an unrecognized tension that they had carried between them since meeting had broken. At this moment all was right in her world. Then she heard his tummy growl.

Following his eyes back toward the caravan in the distance she hesitates only a moment before accepting his suggestion to return there for food and firewood. Would that she could keep him all to herself for a bit longer but she recognized his obligations to make an appearance for the comfort of the people. Besides with dinner and wood ready it would save them a lot of time. She takes a moment to ensure her clothing was appropriately straight and run her fingers through disheveled tresses before accepting his hand.

Their return to the busy life of relaxed people enjoying a well-deserved extended break at Priskell’s Pond allowed time for her thoughts and emotions to cool; at least so that everything they had done wasn’t written across her face for all to see. Even still, as they walked through the encampment to Karyk’s rig, their return was met with a mixture of relieved and encouraging smiles – hopefully only because of their joined hands. Hopefully the warm flush at the tips of her ears was not spreading across her face.

Passing by a long-bedded wagon, an elderly woman beckons emphatically for Karyk to approach. She proudly holds up a brace of five game hens, “Tis been a hard haul; but thanks be to ye, Karyk, for picking such fertile land for us to break. See? Me gran’son just brought back a fine flock for dinner. Ain’t they lovely?” Turning the small game birds in display she pulls two from their tie, “As ye’ve been a fair leader, Karyk, please have a pair knowing we are grateful.” She hands the two fat birds over to Salara, “I’s hear ye prefers yer meat fresh, dearie. Tis least we can do by sharing em.”

Looking just slightly startled, Salara strangles out a polite, “Very kind of you, gran’ther, many thanks.”
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Karyk on May 21st, 2017, 7:43 pm

Karyk smiled as she took his hand, slipping his fingers between hers. He strolled slowly, enjoying this time with her, quiet, peaceful. He looked out over the area, seeing a few kids still playing in the pond, but most of the adults were busy now making and readying camp. He saw tents get erected, fires coaxed to life, smelled many meats cooking. Whenever anyone caught his eye, smiling that the two were finally in hand of one another, he just nodded, his smile growing a bit more. There was something really special about all of this. Something that couldn't be found in a city, any city.

No one was worried about where their next meal would be, worried about the potential dangers around them, worried about money or jobs or anything. For the first time in this journey, hope was abound. This pond was truly the perfect place. Karyk made a silent vow to return here one day.

He was snapped out of it as old lady Margret summoned them, a slew of birds in hand. Karyk steered Salara toward her, Karyk quickly accepted the birds the woman offered, his eyes a bit surprised at the haul. "Tim caught these? That's might' impressive. He's gotta be wha'? Sixteen winters now?" The woman's eyes lit up as she nodded. She'd lived on East Street, many houses down from him. Tim was all she had left in her world. Her own son and his wife were sailors on the Wave Treader. But that ship had been ravaged by a bad storm, and was stranded in dead seas for far too long. When another Zeltivan ship finally found it, everyone was dead, many having been carved up, to serve as food for the final members of the crew. That ship was deemed cursed, and was given back to Laviku, along with the bodies of those who'd perished, hoping that the god could redeem them.

No one talked about it anymore, very taboo. "It's a good haul, and I thank ya ma'am. We'll make good use of 'em for sure. How's the hip doin'? This trip givin' ya much pain on it?" She smiled toothily, revealing the several gaps but the genuine happiness therein, "Gonna take more then a few bumps to make me flinch, ya know?" Karyk smiled, and nodding once more at the woman, "Give Tim my thanks. Take it easy miss Margret."

Once Salara had a good hold on them, Karyk steered her toward his carriage, "She's a seamstress, used to make sails for the yard. Sweet woman, so long as ya don't bleed on the clothes she made. I seen her chase Tim with her cane down the street for just that." When they'd arrived at his carriage, he saw that his other passengers had already gathered the tents he'd set out, leaving just his single tent. He saw Bob and Susan laying next to each other nearby, tails swishing about. He quickly stepped up into the driver's seat, and grabbed his pack. He slung it over both of his shoulders, then picked up the tied bundle of firewood he had there. He managed to pick up a basket of cherries with two fingers and slowly climbed back down.

He hitched the load a bit higher on his chest, his arms wrapped underneath the wood, chin resting above it. He smiled over at her, "Ya ready to head back?" He started back toward her camp, forgetting that he'd left his tent behind, leaning against the carriage. Not normally one for small talk, he found himself wanting to know more about this enchanting woman. "How long had ya been in Zeltiva? I know most of the folk from East Street and in the yard, but I'm guessin' ya spent a lot of time outside the pass?"

Once they'd arrived, he set everything of his down, dusting the bark and dirt from his chest, picking at the pieces that got stuck in the hair there. He sat down near a relatively flat spot, and undid the constrictor's knot that held the wood together. "Fair warnin' I ain't much of a cook, but ain't no such thing as a picky Zeltivan," chuckling loudly at this. He wondered if that weed, or herb as Oleander called it, tarragon or something like that, if it would be good with these birds.

Since they were going to be at this pond for a few days, Karyk decided to build a cooking fire. It wasn't much different from the standard fire, they both started the same way after all. He pulled out his tinder box, and put a small pile in the middle of the space he'd designated. He then pulled out the smaller twigs and sticks from the bundle and built a small teepee around the tinder. Grabbing his iron and flint, he began striking them together, angling the sparks at the tinder. Strike after strike skirted the air, until finally the tinder took hold. He waited for it to catch and grow, hovering over it, fanning the air until the teepee was lit. He stayed near it, slowly adding small logs to it to build it up. He sat back on his elbows, stomach grumbling louder now. He only now realized he'd been so focused on getting the fire set up and going, he hadn't even paid any mind to what Salara was doing. Only now was he getting the chance to look around.
Karyk
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on May 24th, 2017, 4:54 pm

Salara was just beginning to get an inkling of how well Karyk knew these people – his people. He’d been among them his entire life. Never really having had a family or a community she envied his easy comfort with them all. These people lived, died, grew, and struggled through troubles together – they had a history. Could a short-lived Kelvic ever be able to build such relationships? Perhaps if the entire span of her life were spent among them but how could it be possible in only a few years? She waved good-bye to Margaret feeling warmed knowing that the kind seamstress had made an effort to think of her in the gratitude she shared with Karyk. While guard duties often called her away, she hadn’t realized she’d been noticed and taken into account in her sporadic time among them. It was a nice start.

Much more relaxed and enjoying the walk back to her camp with Karyk, she had taken the basket of cherries from his fingertips and carried them alongside the pair of game hens. Swinging the basket and birds she smiles that they must have both been thinking about knowing people, “I was only in Zeltiva for a season and I certainly spent as much time outside the pass as I could. It seemed only right that I fend for myself because I was capable of ranging farther than others who may have been more closely tied to town. Besides when I could catch my own dinner I knew what meat I was having. There at the end I’d begun to fear making a wrong move and winding up as some other desperate hunter’s meat on the table.”

Watching him sidelong she ventures, “But when I wasn’t in the wilds I was attempting to develop my skills for a career in investigation. I even attended a class at the university on how to investigate crime scenes. You probably know Scarred Wolf Investigation, Inspector Fallon?” Mindful that Fallon had told her that her true calling would require she remain anonymous, she didn’t offer up what she considered the shadier side where her skills would truly lay. As she was beginning to feel that she could tell this man anything, it seemed a good time to practice by not telling all. “I really want to do good for people at something I think I could be good at.”

Arriving in camp, she sets the cherries aside to hang the fowl across a thick branch on the maple to begin stripping them of feathers in quickly pinched downward jerks. She laughs aloud at his claim of bad cooking, “You won’t find me to be much of a cook either. I usually eat them in the field,” she raises a befeathered hand with crooked fingers and mimes a cat clawing, “but it’s always a nice change to eat something seasoned and cooked like humans do, especially on the rare occasion that I’m entertaining a special guest.” Her gaze is diverted to watch as winds swirl an eddy of feathers about them, up, down and around. Brushing her hands clean as best she can, she looks around the area, “I don’t know as much as I think Oleander does about plants; but perhaps I can come up with something to make them a little tastier.”

As Karyk finishes building the fire, Salara wanders toward the pond looking for anything familiar that could be used to season their meal. Gathering several spring plants near the water and picking a few odds and ends along the way she brings them and the birds to where the fire was beginning to smoke and flame. Reviewing her collection for him she begins by pealing long thin roots to their tender core, “These white shoots are cattail roots, stalks and sprouts that in the spring can be pulled and eaten raw or boiled for about 15 chimes and eaten with butter or pickled. In the late spring and fall the pollen can be made into flour as well as the ground rootstalks. These few will be our side dish.” She sets aside the handful of smooth white shoots.

Lifting a handful of dirt-covered white bulbs by their long grass-like leaves she introduces, “Wild leeks. We can stuff the birds with the bulbs and eat the leaf stalks as a salad. They can be eaten raw, cooked, or pickled.” She offers him an oniony sniff then stuffs the bird cavities with several bulbs each, setting the leaves aside with the cattail shoots. “And finally, Tansy. It tastes like sage but only use it sparingly for seasoning. It’s really good with fish.” The plant had small golden-yellow heads not yet bloomed into flowers with sharp-cut fernlike leaves. She plucks the small flower bulbs and young leaves to stuff into the birds. “And finally a cherry or few in each for sweet.” She slides a sharp nail into each red berry to remove the pit. Popping one into her mouth and offering one to Karyk, she adds a few to each bird and presents him with a stuff bird covered in quill pins ready for the cook spit. “If we push them onto a branch and close the cavities with a few sharp twigs, most of the stuffing should stay within as it cooks over the flame.”

With long legs stretched before and leaning back upon her forearms in a relaxed pose to watch their dinner cook she picks up their previous conversation, “You know? There is a chance I would have traveled to Syliras even without the migration. It’s almost as if the decision was made for me because that’s where I’ve been invited to meet Fallon should I choose to become her apprentice, then on to Riverfall it seems. If not for the migration I may have used this dangerous travel as an excuse to stay in Zeltiva, which was quickly becoming my home. What do you intend when you get to Syliras? Have you ever considered going on to Riverfall?” The invitation was unspoken but open.

Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Karyk on May 25th, 2017, 5:50 am

Karyk had listened carefully. She was a University student? That was surprising to him. She definitely had seemed to be more of a hands on type of person, especially working as a guard. People who protect others, help generate food, and those with trade crafts were definitely the most respectable of professions. He didn't know this Fallon person, nor their investigation service. He didn't associate with the University or its students much. It always had seemed that only the rich and privileged and lazy went to the University. But maybe, just maybe, it wasn't as bad if someone like Salara enjoyed it. And it seemed that she was doing it with good intentions, to help people. Maybe investigation was the exception to the rule of the University, in his mind.

While he'd been building the fire, he watched her work quickly and deftly plucking the birds. And it confirmed it in his mind, she definitely wasn't a stereotypical University student. They were always weak, timid, lazy, and boring people, and she was none of these. She was a good, honest person, who put others before herself, who pushed herself to the limit. Now that the fire was going, she was showing him the various plants to go with their meal. Karyk, much like when he spent time with Oleander, he paid close attention. Better tasting food was always important.

He knew cattails, hell, were there people that didn't know the plant? But he didn't know the roots were edible. He'd never had them, but he suspected they would be good. He knew leeks, though didn't know how to recognize them in the wild. He studied the long leaves, trying to set them to memory, so he could find them himself later. He sniffed at the offered onion, enjoying the pungent smell, much more than that tarragon that Oleander had taught him about. It made his stomach grumble loudly. When she mentioned the tansy, he wondered if it was better or worse than the tarragon. Or if perhaps they went well together. Small yellow flowers, looked like a fern, watching as she stuffed the birds.

Once the birds were over the fire, and the smell started to fill the air, Karyk relaxed more and more. As a Zeltivan proper, food with friends and family was the most communal and intimate of events. One never knew how much food they would have, but that mattered little if good people were with you. And then she asked him the unexpected, and he looked over, thinking over it. So she was traveling to Riverfall with this Fallon, to continue her apprenticeship, without the university. He took the offered cherry, smiling gratefully.

Karyk didn't know much about Riverfall, aside from it was filled with those big, blue Akalak guys. He didn't know much about Syliras either, but it was the centerpiece of the Sylira region, so there was always a few things to know. It had massive farms, knights to keep its citizens safe. He hadn't really thought about what more he'd do once he'd arrived. He just wanted to get his people somewhere safe, where they could become part of the community, and work hard. Syliras seemed the safer bet, of anywhere.

And yet, ever since having met Salara, since organizing this caravan, even with all of its pains and hardships, Karyk found himself feeling more alive. He wasn't hiding in the city any longer, he was getting out there, experiencing the world, and he loved it. And he really didn't want it to end, not yet. He'd heard the offering tone in her voice. And it was terribly tempting. He knew nothing about Riverfall, he didn't know if it was safe, or anything about the place. But it was another destination after Syliras. If he could ensure that his family and friends were safe and happy in Syliras, he might go, just himself, with her.

"I hadn't... before now. I've never traveled anywhere before. Can't say I know anythin' 'bout this Riverfall but..," looking over at her, to catch her gaze, "I'm quite tempted to see what its about. My family and friends would be safe in Syliras, so really, I could go anywhere."

He let that hang in the air for a bit, letting her know that she was just as much a part of his interest in the place as his desire to keep moving. He then scooted over next to her, hip to hip, knowing they still had plenty of time for the birds to cook. Barely more than a whisper, "I've never been more alive than I've felt on this trip, even more so now that I've.. met you." He took her hand in his, leaning against her slightly, squeezing it firmly, "Even with all of the... problems... This has been the best thing I've ever done."

Karyk sat there in quiet contentment watching the food cook. He turned toward her, leaning in, pressing his lips against her cheek, before reaching up to gently turn her face to his, pressing his lips firmly against her own, while leaning against her, looking to guide her torso downward, to lie down. His lips kneaded hungrily in the kiss, as he felt his desire welling up, living more in the moment than in the worry or possibilities of what may be.
Karyk
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on May 25th, 2017, 8:34 pm

She could tell her unspoken offer fell on willing ears but she knew there were miles, days, and tribulations ahead that could change plans in a moment. Now that he’d received her message and would consider it she felt content. “I do not know anything about Riverfall either, but it sounds like a beautiful place. Maybe Tollivant would know more through his travels and could give us some information?” She made a mental note to ask the odd little man that always made her smile through his bumbling about. He’d earned her respect, though, for his bravery, or was it insanity, to attack dire wolves without weapons or even very sharp teeth. Who would have thought the fellow had it in him?

Thoughts turn back to Karyk’s claim to be able to go anywhere once his family was settled, which in turn led her down a daydream road where all in their merry party could travel together between regions while she and Fallon infiltrated and inspected the depths of each one. Who knew? Perhaps she would get to Syliras with her friends and decide a life of adventuring would be more attractive than the responsibility of learning and career. How best could she make the next half of her life worth living without doubt and no regrets?

But the evening was too nice and company too grand to think too heavily on the future, as Karyk must have felt as well when he settled close beside her. The warmth of his closeness stirred a warmth within her while his whispered breath tickled across the small hairs fallen about her ears as he squeezed her hand. “Me too,” she whispers squeezing his hand back. “It has been far too long since I’ve looked forward to waking and truly welcoming what each day would bring. If only we could be lost together in the Wilderness and never be found. I could live this way.”

As seasonings and scents mingle over the fire, Karyk lights another with his kisses and cuddling. She nuzzles and sighs as they lay back to enjoy their newly revealed feelings before the next terrible tragedy stirs their blood in a different way.

Eventually the campfire begins to hiss and flare as melted fat drips onto the coals from the spitted birds, calling their attention back to another hunger. The evening was growing late but perhaps they could enjoy it longer with a little sustenance fortifying their energy. Separating herself from his embrace at a demanding growl from her stomach she pulls each blacked-skinned bird from the fire, setting them aside to cool. “I don’t know about you,” she teases, “but at this point it could be a wolf’s haunch cooling there and I couldn’t be more eager to tear into it. Thank goodness for young Tim’s prowess, Margaret’s thoughtfulness, and you for picking such a lovely place to rest.”

Offering a helping hand to pull Karyk to his feet she then gathers her water skin for a trip to the pond. The water had settled and cleared as folks and children were wisely settling close to camp as darkness encroached. The evening insects were beginning to buzz and trill while birds were roosting with sleepy chirps. Glow bugs flew in lighted patterns of ‘here I am now’ across the fields. The evening was brighter to her feline eyes allowing her to see the silhouette of a man, a fellow scout, across the waters passing silently by on duty. Unperturbed with his presence and grateful that she was able to relax under another’s watch, she squats to refresh their beverage and startles as much as the croaking frog that leapt into the water before her. Breathless she laughs at her unintentional squeak as she submerges the skin beneath the water watching the burps and burbles as fluid replaces air. Leaning closer to the water her head cocks curiously, "Hey, look it."

Expecting Karyk’s approach she has a handy splash ready.
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Karyk on May 26th, 2017, 12:25 am

Karyk ceased his kissing and simply laid next to Salara, studying the lines and curves of her face. He draped an arm over her and relaxed there, finding it strange yet the easiest thing in the world how comfortable he was with this woman. It was a totally different experience from his wife, and from the occasional nightly conquest. Him and his ex-wife met at the docks, and it was a long and slow courtship. This was different, they'd barely gotten to know each other, and were just following the course of how they felt, which right now was comfort and passion.

When her stomach noisily complained, he pulled himself upright watching the huntress retrieve the meals from the flames. His eyes were on the curve of her back as she hunched over, and he grinned mischievously at her teasing comment, thinking that right now there was only one hunger he needed to sate. He took her offered hand and stood up, watching her heading to the pond. He followed slowly, watching Syna in her descent to the west.

He watched a flight of firebugs for a moment, until his eyes once again fell on Salara. And her ample backside as she was squatted next to the water. He couldn't help but remember how they first met, her naked as a newly wed. He felt his lower stomach muscles tighten, and a burning welled up within him, as he bit his lower lip. When she called him over, he approached, his desire only increasing in his proximity to her, as he leaned over, to look at whatever it was she wanted to show him

And then it was, momentarily and literally, quenched as a splash of water struck him in the face. He was completely paused for a moment, not stunned, or shocked, just staring down at her hungrily. His grin split his face in two, before he rushed Salara, wrapping his arms around her, firmly enough to keep her in place, but not enough to hurt. He then grunted as he raised her up, to his chest, before stepping forward and tossing the woman bodily into the pond, clothes and all.

Karyk stood there, laughing heartily waiting on her reaction after surfacing. He had no idea if she'd be upset or laughing, and in the moment, it didn't matter. Karyk locked his eyes on the woman, then without breaking gaze, kicked off his boots. Then in a single, smooth motion, slipped off his trousers and small clothes. He began wading confidently into the water toward Salara, stalking toward her, grinning at her smugly. He stopped just out of arm's reach, "No one beats a Zeltivan in a water fight."
Karyk
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on May 26th, 2017, 5:50 pm

As planned, their mighty caravan leader leans over for a closer look as Salara’s cup’d hand pushes through pond water splashing a direct hit. Warily watching him over her shoulder she worries for a tick that his lusty expression, trying to adjust to the wet, does not change; but then the grin she will always associate with him arrives just as he lunges toward her.

“No, no, nooo,” she squeals as strong arms wrap her up tight, momentarily reminiscent of dangling above wolves from Kesh’s single arm embrace what seems now like a lifetime ago. With his deep grunt of effort she is ignominiously tossed tail over head into the cool waters of Priskill’s pond only to bob quickly back to the surface with a half-drowned gasp.

Drench-darkened hair, linen blouse and breeches clinging sloppily, her grin is pure mischief as his laughter dances musically across her ears. Fingertips trailing along the surface, she takes one step back with each boot he kicks off and another two as he sheds each piece of garment. Her half giggled complaint a point of fact, “See how you are? Do you know how difficult it will be getting these britches off now that they are wet?” Golden eyes flash in mock alarm as he stalks her smug and un-repentant. Another step back causes her to stumble and nearly go down over a submerged branch.

Stopping before her with proud challenge she knew he was correct. Unless there was a chance that the twin deities of lost causes, Kelwyn, would grace her through intervention it was unlikely that she could outmaneuver him in this element. “There is no doubt in my mind, sir! But you have to catch me first!” Twisting about Salara attempts a diving escape. Anticipating the mallet-wielding strength of a grasp about an ankle she tries to swim and draw her feet in more closely at the same time, ultimately only managing to waller and splash around rather ineffectively.

So far Kelwyn was a no show….or perhaps they were offering a lesson? If you’re gonna poke a bear, better be ready to run.

Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Karyk on May 27th, 2017, 4:21 am

Karyk watched as Salara emerged quickly from the waters, her hair darker from the water, clinging to her form. Her blouse, now damp, clung to her skin tight, and Karyk's desire for this woman grew. He moved forward, skipping through the mud rather than stepping deep into it. At her comment, "I think I'll manage," grinning smugly. He knew she wouldn't best him in the water, somehow he just knew. After all, he was a true Zeltivan man.

As soon Salara had stumbled on something beneath the water, Karyk through himself forward, arms out front of him. He sliced into the water, before pushing it back to his sides, propelling him forward. Splash, swish, he moved toward her, his legs kicking like a frog, spreading wide and kicking out at the end. He found himself bobbing up and down through the water as he moved toward her. The gap was closing, and Karyk pushed his muscles harder. There was nothing he wanted more than to be with this woman, this primal, beautiful, adventurous woman.

He heard her still talking, but didn't hear the words, moving toward her steadily, taking advantage of her foolish choice to speak. All he knew now was the challenge, capture her, claim his prize. Karyk powered forward, making sure to kick with his feet and push back with his arms as hard as he could, trying to keep them together, but really they were off circuit. But still, he pressed on, pumping hard, breathing in as deep as he could, when he could.

He could see that her terrible swimming form, which while was only slight worse than his own, didn't let her move forward much at all. He knew if she were in her in her animal form, she'd probably out swim him. But it wasn't long until his hands reached out, and felt cloth and calf. He tried to get a grip, but the leg kicked free. Having felt the prize though, he only surged more and more toward her, until his outstretched hand grabbed her shirt, and pulled her back toward him.

Karyk wrapped his arms around Salara, one around her stomach, one across her chest. He flipped his leg out under him, pulling her backwards, her back into his torso, his iron grip holding her against him. His hand on her stomach found the warm skin of her stomach, as he kicked his feet lightly, keeping them afloat easily. His calloused fingers moved across her smooth stomach, upward, as his desire grew, pressing against her. There was no hiding his desire now, it was abundantly clear to both what he wanted.

He kicked them backward into the shallows until he stood in the muddy shallows. He kissed at her shoulder, and up her neck, as his hand slid up her stomach, to her ribs, scootching up and over them. He kissed heavily on her neck, right at the vein, as his and continued to creep higher. He slipped it beneath her small cloths, cupping one of her breasts fully in his palm, squeezing greedily. He kissed higher and higher, his opposite arm a bar of iron to hold her against him, his manhood pressing firmly into her backside

He kissed at her collar bone, rubbed her breast upward, against her as he squeezed, feeling her bud under his touch. He kissed his way roughly up to her jaw, and followed that line up to just below her ear, his hips pressing against her own. His upper arm moved down to the bottom of her blouse, while keeping a firm grip on her breast with the opposite, and he lifted it upwards, fulling intending to toss it away. He slipped his hand free of her supply breast, moving around to in front of her, studying her eyes, as he grasped her hips, pulling her into himself.

Despite being suspended in water, Karyk managed to keep afloat easily. A hand slid down the woman's trousers, gripping her firm and ample backside, and pulling her hips even closer to him. He didn't care if it was an obvious gesture , but rather that it was real. He pressed himself against her, between her hips, as he kissed at her cheek, moving high and higher. Grinding into her, his lips worked fervently, and only then, he felt his mind relax as he kissed this woman. He moved to the opposite of her neck of where he'd been, lips pressing firmly, lightly suck, tongue just barely finding her flesh a label in his hands, Karyk lifted her by the backside, pressing her crotch into his ever hardening one, holding her steady with both hands.

Her kissed at her fiercely, a hand on her neck, the other gripping her ass tight against him. He slowly moved them toward the shore, not concerned about a wayward scout that might be watching, nor the food hey hadn't eaten. All he wanted was this woman. All he wanted in this moment was Salara.

Karyk
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext