Fortunes and Alvadas (Infilia)

18th of Spring | Job thread, Arisia reads Infilia's fortune.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Arisia on April 21st, 2017, 10:21 am

18th of Spring, 517,Evening

Her usual walk through Alvadas that day had turned slightly frustrating, as it wasn't taking her back to the Wolf's cave. It was as if the city was taking her in the wrong direction on purpose, and finding amusement in doing so. Which was probably correct, knowing what the city of illusions was like. She had intended to go home, sleep, and then, well she wasn't sure about then. However the Kelvic was a bit tired, after running about through the city all day, which had been fun before she had gotten lost. The feline was still rather childish, or perhaps just more inclined to be moving and outdoors like the rest of her race.

She turned another corner with a sigh when she found that she wasn't at the wolf's cave yet, and that she couldn't take a nap. An idea formed in the feline's head, and she grabbed her tarot cards. If Alvadas didn't want her to go to sleep, she'd do something she could do anywhere, work.

Arisia took her cloak off, laying it onto the ground in an area where not many people were around, and sat down on it, placing the tarot cards next to her gently. It was easier to do a tarot card reading sitting down, since there was somewhere to place the cards down in front of her. The floor wasn't a preferable choice, but it was an alright area for it.

"Tarot card readings!" She called out with a smile that could be heard in her voice, a few people glanced over but no one came to her. She could hear a few murmurs from the crowd about whether the practice of fortune telling, tarot card reading specifically, was a real thing that worked or not. It didn't bother the fortune teller herself, since she wasn't quite certain whether the cards actually did see into the future, however it didn't really matter to her whether it was real or not, she earned money from it and she enjoyed it. That was all that mattered to her.

She didn't really understand why people had to question it so much though, couldn't they just stop not believing and enjoy themselves a little, there were stranger things in Alvadas than a fortune teller being believed after all.

"Come and have your questions answered. What will happen in the future?" The kelvic girl yelled out again, a few people glanced over at her, but none had walked over so far. She sighed slightly to herself, but quickly replaced the sigh with a cheery and approachable smile. It was important that people wanted to come to her.

Word count :
441/

Last edited by Arisia on May 4th, 2017, 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Common , Vani, Thoughts

Threads 1/3
I'll likely only be posting on weekends for a while.
Character Sheet
Arisia
Optimistic to a fault

Words: 47057
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2016, 7:50 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Infilia Snowsong on April 21st, 2017, 1:11 pm

"Rainbow eyes, cast to the skies..."
Fortunes and Alvadas
"Speech"
"Others"

Spring517av, 19th

Infilia could say... she felt better about herself, but what she had to do to survive last season, it didn't go as what she had hoped. She aimlessly wandered through the busy streets of Alvadas, the city of Illusion, she was expecting Ioni to cast another illusion on her or something. She didn't really have a place to go, as she was ambling aimlessly. She was still being quite careful though.

The reason being, she still thought that she needed to hide from everyone else. Infilia turned down another alleway, see sighed. She didn't mind get job of being a Spy, but it didn't really work out for her, she didn't really like the fact that she was out of her comfort zone.

Being a Spy made her want to crawl out of her skin, she was too good of a person to lie and steal from others, but she didn't have any other way, and she thought about cueing Ionu, whether he or she could hear her... she didn't want to get cursed herself.

The Snowsong prayed to Queen Morwen, and asked for her forgiveness, as she ambled the streets, her hood was still up. She still couldn't trust others, not just yet... she had trusted a few people, but the others, they've almost like disappeared, is this what her future was to be like for her? No body to be by her side when she needs it?

"Tarot card readings!"
"Tarot.... Card... Readings?"Infilia asked herself in her native tongue, she crouched around the corner of a street she hid herself being the wall, and had two hands held firmly on the corner. She peered out expectantly, but figured a tarot reading wouldn't be too bad, if God's exist, why not tarot readings?

"Excuse... Me," Infilia said as she bleed up to Arisia and tapped her on the shoulder-length she didn't care whether or not if others did or didn't believe in seeing the future, but she wanted to know what her future was like. "I wouldn't... mind... One?"She asked, she put her hood down, to show Arisia that there could be a form of trust, she was still confused with a lot of things and hence, her eyes were purple.

Boxcode credit: Karin Ironyach.
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Arisia on May 1st, 2017, 4:25 pm

After yelling out asking for customers, she decided that, since she was a cat, after working she could probably go and have a nap anywhere. As long as she could find somewhere to put her clothes, the other races seemed to have a problem with it

Her thoughts were interuptted and the fortune teller looked up after feeling a tap on her shoulder, brown and blue eyes met purple, and Arisia smiled, picking up her cards and gesturing in front of herself for the other to sit down. If the purple eyes were any indication, the woman was a Vantha. She was glad that the events of last season were over now, the festival of Illusion had made that clear. Yet Arisia still worried about what had happened in the previous season slightly, and she was sure that the Vantha would be even more worried than herself.

Arisia gave a friendly smile to the brown haired woman, before speaking in common to her. "You're a Vantha? Do you speak Vani?" Once she had confirmed that the woman did indeed speak the language, the feline began to speak in Vani instead. She was happy to have a chance to speak it again, as she hadn't had many chances to talk in the language since she had left her mother in search of her bondmate. As well as that, it was good for her customer to be more comfortable during having their fortune told.

Now she knew the woman would understand her if she spoke Vami rather than common, she began to talk about how she spoke the language and the actual tarot card readings, fiddling with her cards as she did so. "My mother Vantha, I love any chance to speak the language. Would you shuffle these for me?" The Kelvic woman asked with an ever cheery smile in vani, holding the cards out to her customer before continuing to talk about the tarot card reading.

"Do you have question you want answered?" People sometimes asked her a question, about work, love, or other things they had that worried or upset them. A lot of them were about family too. She liked to provide insight into the future for people, to give people happiness most of the times.

Arisia hated the times that she had to smile while she told people the worst things that she ever could, when the cards showed death and sadness. She lied through her teeth that it was fine, though she knew the effect the cards had on some people. Though it was pointless to let it bother her, and she didn't let it very often after the years she had been doing it. Even if those years had been short. The feline girl knew what would happen if she let the bad tarot card readings upset her, sadness turned to anger, and anger resulted in acting rashly and with little thinking on her part. People had told her in the past that it was in a cat's nature to attack and strike from anger, but Arisia didn't really like it that much, it was annoying to her.
wordcount :
Common , Vani, Thoughts

Threads 1/3
Character Sheet
Arisia
Optimistic to a fault

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Infilia Snowsong on May 1st, 2017, 5:41 pm

Fortunes and Alvadas
"Speech"
"Others"

Infilia blushed awkwardly, as Arisia mentioned of her being a Vantha. She seemed that as she exposed herself, that things would go just fine for her. She didn't know how to cooperate just yet, she could be putting herself in her own trap. Although, she really had hoped that the Vantha hunting had quieted down and she wanted to make sure first before things went south.

"You're a Vantha? Do you speak Vani?" If she were a Vantha... then yes, she would speak Vani. She knows it all too well, but common, she does not. She struggled with it last season, and one of her set goals was to learn the common tongue that the humans speak.

"Yes, I speak Vani,"Infilia replied in human she had translated that as well as she could, and she was kind of excited to find someone other than herself who spoke Vani, but didn't have to hide in the shadows. She smiled, as Arisia began explaining about her mother being a Vantha.

"My mother Vantha, I love any chance to speak the language. Would you shuffle these for me?"She wanted Infilia to shuffle the deck of cards? Infilia was confused at first... her eyes swirled a stable purple. She didn't really know how to shuffle, but she nodded and started by taking a few out of the deck with one hand, and sliding them carefully with the main part of the deck in her right hand.

"Your mother..."Infilia began, she focused on the cards, and continued to shuffle them until the other woman said to stop. "Do you live here?"Infilia asked quietly, awaiting a response, though, she looked like someone who would hold secrets. So... Infilia didn't know if she was asking the right question about Arisia.

"Do you have question you want answered?" Arisia asked. Infilia was unsure what she meant, but recently, she had trouble trusting others. Earlier in the winter, she met Alexander, and he was a significant person. She wondered why he had left, and the Shamshir he had once bought, was taken from her. Infilia felt cheated, and she wondered if she'd be able to find anyone that she can bond with. Anyone... that she can trust, she felt alone.

"I am looking for a companion... one that won't leave my side. One that would stay with me through thick and thin, I need... someone. Would I find that someone?"She asked, her eyes swirling a mixture of pink and purple, she felt hopeful, but she was doubting her future.

Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Arisia on May 21st, 2017, 8:18 am

Arisia gave a nod upon being asked if she lived in Alvadas, it had been a whole season since she moved away from Syrilas, and it was the greatest decision she had ever made, in her own opinion of course. It had led her to her bondmate, and to a much more exciting place than Syrilas had ever been for the kelvic girl.

"Yes, I live Alvadas. It is nice here. I've only been here since the start of winter though, I come from Syrilas originally." As the blue and brown eyed woman chattered with her customer, she realised that her language wasn't exactly accurate, or well spoken. Deciding that it didn't matter that much as long as she could understand her, she took the cards from Infilia, and tidied them into a neat pile quickly.

Her question was rather vague, so Arisia decided to choose a simple three card spread for the woman, past, present, and future. " A companion? I answer that for you, we will start with a card representing the present." The present was always what she started with, it was what she had been taught and it just seemed like the right way to read her cards. The present was now after all, when she was doing the reading.

Her eyes were a mix of pink and purple after asking that question, and Arisia briefly wondered why, and what the woman was feeling.

The woman's question seemed as if an answer was wanted, a clear answer, but the feline knew that wasn't how fortune telling worked. Her tarot cards never gave her an exact answer, it just wasn't what they did. The cards were never as straight forward as people wanted them to be. Hopefully the woman liked what the cards showed. She didn't like when a tarot card reading caused upset or sadness, one time the reading had even caused anger,
with the anger being directed towards the fortune teller herself.

That had been the worst reading, the woman supposed. She looked over her cards with her blue and brown eyes, briefly wondering about the Vantha woman's question. Arisia herself had a companion, she had her bondmate. A bondmate was someone who would stay with you, and the bond almost felt like a guarantee of it for her. No one would want to hurt someone who who they shared emotions with. Then they were almost hurting themselves too.

word count :
Common , Vani, Thoughts

Threads 1/3
Character Sheet
Arisia
Optimistic to a fault

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Infilia Snowsong on June 6th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Title
"Speech"
"Others"

"Yes, I live Alvadas. It is nice here. I've only been here since the start of winter though, I come from Syrilas originally."
Infilia assumed that her Vani wasn't as fluent as Infilia would have hoped it would be. She understood her though, as long as Infilia could get someone to trust her, she would probably be fine throughout the majority of her future. She wanted to know what else to say next, but Arisia had cut her off, but Infilia didn't bother to interrupt.

" A companion? I answer that for you, we will start with a card representing the present." The present? So was this some fortune telling thing? I filia hadn't ever experienced something like this before, but she also hadn't experienced much. She was confused as to what she meant by picking a card that would represent her current time. She sighed, since Arisia seemed to be a little hesitant with picking a card. Infilia wondered what could be worse besides being hunted, and alone... "Are you okay?" She asked in Vani, she hoped that the darker haired woman was okay. Infilia didn't want to scare her with the question... Though, Infilia herself, she felt nervous.

Summer Threads - 2/5
Job Threads - 1/2

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal