[The Home Cave] Letting the Cat into the Bag (Closed, Nya)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Re: [The Home Cave] Letting the Cat into the Bag (Closed, Nya)

Postby Abashai on January 11th, 2010, 4:45 pm

As Abashai uncovered his feelings to Nya, the benshiran experienced a great release. It was as if he had been holding his breath for a whole season, then in one instant, exhaled and breathed in a fresh gust of air. The sensation was one Abashai had never known, but it was intoxicating. Even as he kissed her, he knew that she wanted to be his, would not accept any other alternative. Abashai was a cautious man, one who approach everything in life with careful examination. But Nya had quickened the passionate, daring man Abashai once had been. It was that impassioned man that knew he would never be satisfied without Nya at his side, and with impetuous ardor asked her to be his.

He felt her forehead gently bump against his, drawing him back into the moment. She entangled her fingers in his hair. Nya held Abashai there, their posture intimate and comforting. Abashai closed his eyes, giving her control of the situation, of his attention, of himself. He heard the woman's soft breathes come and go, felt a few drops of Nya's tears land in warm splashes on the fabric of his pants and the skin of his ankles. His hands moved to wipe the salty beads from her cheeks, then let them rest gently on Nya's knees.

Abashai tried to reign in his euphoria. He strove to turn his attention from Nya's musky scent, from the slim fingers entangled in his hair, from a mounting urge to take hold of her face and kiss her again. He knew well enough to restrain the desire. There were great things that lay on the hearts of both of these two souls, secrets and confessions that must be revealed if Abashai and Nya were to completely bond, for their relationship to become pure.

Nya prepared Abashai for what he would learn next. His reply to Nya was a simple whisper, "Tell me your secret Nya."

As Nya wove the tale of gods and mages, Abashai listened intently. The story seemed mythical, the woman some distant hero, like the things Nya would tell him of her mother. But as he listened, he forced himself to admit that this was Nya, the young kelvic who loved to collect colored rocks and chase mice in the snow (yes he knew). He felt blood rush from his head as he realized all that Nya had said. A Stormwarden, power over the wind, Powercube, Seven Robes, a quest laid on her by Zulrav himself, and the plan to find a bondmate to help her save the world. He felt light-headed, overwhelmed. The woman he so desparately loved suddenly seemed a stranger. Gods! He wanted to pull away from her, but he didn't move, or look up. She knew all along! Knew that she had to do this! It was just the sheer weight of the significance of her secret that shocked him.

But then her soft alto voice interupted his panic. Yahal, how I love that voice. Nya continued, and he knew she was right, he had known it too, all along. She finished, sitting back. He saw her glistening eyes search his. She was afraid of her bondmate's response. He saw her incredible need for him to accept this secret. When Nya leaned in, hesitantly nipping at his jaw, a slight grin escaped across Abashai's face. He turned his head to playfully nip at her earlobe. Then he took her hands in his, raised them to his lips and gently kissed them.

"At first, I felt a bit betrayed. I thought I knew you so well, then to learn of all of this. It is very, very overwhelming. But you are right. I have known all along about this. Not everything, but I knew that we were destined for something far greater. I knew it when you told me of your birth, amid the great storm, the same time the sandstorm stripped me of my possessions. While you were taking your first breathes, I was already on my journey to you. At that time I just thought I was learning to rely on my God, to learn to accept and forgive myself. I don't pretend to know the thoughts of the Gods, but now it make sense. For the past two years, I have been shaped and prepared to meet you."

He lowered their clasped hands to his lap. He relied on Nya's nearness, her physical being as an anchor as he struggled to understand and accept what this all meant.

"Yahal has done his part. He has delivered my to you. I will accept that the gods brought us together. I will even accept they had something to do with the speed and strength of our bond. But I will not accept that my love for you was created, enhanced or manipulated by any being. My love for you is pure, Nya, before my God I know it is pure." It was vital for him to know that their affections were true, not part of some divine scheme.

His eyes took on a gleam and purpose, his hands tightening gently in hers. "And I will go to the ends of Mizahar with you Nya, to find these people, and these things. We are destined to do so, together. I once feared Zulrav, but without him, I would not have you. I will do what I must, learn what I must."

He released her hands, reaching again to cradle her face in his hands, once again locked his gaze on her beautiful luminous eyes. "And I still want... need you as my mate."

Abashai still had one more thing to tell Nya, but in light of the revelation of the couple's destiny, it suddenly seemed so small. He leaned in to lightly brush his lips against hers, then sat back with a large, cleansng sigh.
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nya Winters on January 14th, 2010, 6:28 pm

He wasn't going to get rid of her so easily, Nya thought, as Abashai leaned back. His playful response to her nip and then his pledge to go with her to the ends of Mizahar brought a feeling to Nya she'd never quite experienced before. It started in the small of her back, splayed across her hips, and raced up her spine to cause her shoulders to tingle. It was pride wrapped in excitement and twisted through with a humbling thrill that he would pick her, of all the women in the world. And he was opening up to her in a way she'd never thought possible.

Nya felt light, weightless, free somehow after telling him everything. She didn't feel so overwhelmed, so alone and lost, so without guidance. Abashai put a great deal of things into perspective for Nya, and routinely proved to her how much better a kelvic was when strongly bonded. She was his better half in so many ways... in as many ways as he was her better half. And she knew, just knew, that Marcus Kelvic had done something incredible when he'd created her kind. And more importantly, somehow, with Abashai's help it didn't seem like the tasks that Zulrav had laid out were so impossible. He was smart, had good instincts, and could make things happen that Nya didn't even remotely understand. Together, they had half a chance.

So she couldn't help it when she moved, half sitting up, shifting, and then resettling down solidly in Abashai's lap. Her arms came lightly around his torso and her long legs stretched out on either side of his hips and then wrapped back gently around him. She trailed her hands up his back, rubbing gently as she butted her head against his and then tilted her head slightly so she was nuzzling his neck gently. It wasn't exactly flirtatious or sexual. Nya simply wanted closer to him, to touch him and continue to speak with him with more of her touching him. Felines were sensual by nature. They couldn't help it. Every inch of them were tactile and completely unused to respecting personal boundaries. Nya was no exception. But he also knew she wasn't looking for anything more than his physical comfort. When she was, he would know. He always knew, these days, how she was actually feeling no matter how placid the look upon her face.

"Is there more, Abashai? You know my soul and all my secrets. You know I love you and I will be your mate. You do not have any god charges of your own or secret agendas?"
She stopped nuzzling him for a moment to lean her forehead against his shoulder. Nya kissed his shoulder, then twisted her head sideways so it was pillowed on his shoulder but she could still look at him. There was a wide-eyed innocence in her face and he could tell that she was a little overwhelmed by all that had passed between them.

Nya had changed in the two seasons he knew her. And though he might not have realized it when he first met her, the bones of her face had always held a girlish softness. There had been a little extra flesh here, a softness of youth there. But she'd changed. Her face had sleeked down, gaining a maturity and a tightness of her features that hinted at a creature in its late teens or early twenties rather than one just fresh into their youth. Her body had undergone the same changes, though Nya had scarcely realized it. She was less bumbling, though in truth she'd never been exactly graceless. But her movements had become more serious, purposeful, as if the predator in her was coming into her own. And she laughed more. Just as Nya's body had grown into maturity, so too had her fears of youth receded. Her gifts had become more sophisticated as well - instead of a brightly colored feather, she'd bring him the whole bird to see, one she'd patiently stalked and caught - unharmed and alive so that he could enjoy it then release it. It was almost as if through knowing him, she'd come to understand the value of life far better than she had before. And as well as life, she'd come to value time. Kelvics normally had no sense of it themselves. If they had, they would have understood the cruelty of their fate.

Instead, she knew when to take advantage of situations like this - alone time together - to make sure he understood how needed and loved he was.

She lifted her head then, from where it rested on his shoulder, and smiled whimsically. Nya had never stopped gently rubbing his back the whole time. "Is this okay? I've always wanted to do this... I used to crawl into my mother's lap sometimes when I was young and she would rub my back to help me through whatever was upsetting me. I've always wanted to sit with you like this, touching all of you. I think if we are mates, its not improper?" Nya took a deep breath, ran her jaw along his, and continued speaking. "I... have one question though. I know what it is to be mated. And that time for me will next be in the early part of the spring, though such things among humans require no timing and nor do I truthfully. I've always wanted to... for you. I think sometimes you need it." She let that thought trail off. He knew anyhow. But that wasn't her question. That for them would come naturally in time, as all things with them had. "Among Forest Cats, we pick mates mutually and Caiyha's grace does the rest. But among humans, wives are a different sort of thing. Is there a ritual or words or something we should do?" She asked, truthfully having no idea. "My mother and my father are not husband and wife. My father could wear no ring anyhow with the way he changes. They are mated though. I do not know if there is a difference or if you were just using your word. Because I need no ceremony, no ritual, no band of precious metal. I could not wear one anyhow. But I want to make you happy so if you need such a thing, we can figure something out. I just wanted to make sure... and know what you need." Nya said, fully relaxed against him now.

"Because truthfully, we don't have much time left here. When the weather levels out, we should start looking. There is a man I need to find.. a follower of Ionu... and another woman in town I need to speak with to get on his trail. I want to build a home here with you, with all our friends, but it will have to wait, Abashai. If we are going to do something in your tradition, it needs to be before the thaw. For after it, our lives will not be our own for a long long time." She confessed, certain they would be busy.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Abashai on January 15th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Nya's sudden move towards him surprised Abashai, startled at the invasion of his most intimate personal space. His first instinct was to resist, as he always had before. But then Nya settled into his lap, wrapped her legs and arms around him, nuzzling his neck. Though quite unexpected, Abashai almost immediately found great comfort in her nearness. Nya would have sensed the last of his resistance to her affections fade, felt her bondmate surrender himself to her embrace.

Abashai shuddered. His stomach stirred as if crickets dance within it, his heart fluttered as if it were full of moon moths. Though he could sense Nya's display was not driven by sensuality, Abashai was not ashamed to find a certain physical enjoyment in the situation. He knew she was motivated simply by her feline need for physical contact and affection, her way of showing love and devotion. Living with Nya, Abashai had to learn to first interpret her words and actions not as human in nature, but as feline. As the bond matured, he also had to learn to view her feelings in much the same way. But there was no denying it, experiencing Nya this close was completely and wholly wonderful.

As she lay her head on Abashai's shoulder and ask about his secrets, he turned to look down into her warm eyes. "Yes, there is more, and I don't look forward to remembering them, but I know when I tell you, things will be alright." He just wanted to stay like this for a moment, so close, as if nothing else existed beyond reach of the flickering firelight. "We have all night, Ny, to visit that place."

When Nya asked if what she had done was proper, Abashai simply wrapped his arms around her shoulders, caressed her soft hair and smiled slightly. Nya could feel his acceptance of everything that she was, permission to everything that was his.

Nya finally touched on the subject the two of them had never discussed before that night. She knew Abashai's discomfort with sensual things, and now knew some of the reason why he so avoided them. The meaning of her words were not lost on the benshiran, who simply held her closer and leaned down to kiss her head. Now, more than ever, Abashai found Nya beautiful. She had indeed matured quickly into a lovely young woman. But it wasn't just her stunning eyes, the refining features of her face, or the pleasing lines and curves of her form. Just about everything about Nya seemed endearing to him. The scars on her skin, her faint musky feline scent, the slightly elongated canines, visible when she smiled...she was alive, vibrant, kind, violent and passionate, and it all just seemed to inspire his love for her. Yes, he wanted to be with her, and the time would come when they would reach that intimacy.

Then Nya continued to her real question about marriage. Abashai adjusted his arms to warp around her and pulled her gently closer to himself. He leaned his head down to rest on Nya's. "I do not need a wedding, or some token like the Benshira have. They are beautiful, but that is not for us. But I do want something, some way to profess our lifelong commitment to each other before Yahal. It is important to me. There is power in professing love, making a commitment with one's words, especially in the hearing of others."

He paused for a moment, lifting his head. One hand moved to the back of Nya's head, twirling a lock of her hair between his fingers. "Maybe we could exchange vows. A lot of cultures do it. Its like telling someone how much you love them by sharing the things you promise to do, or not do, to fulfill that lifelong love." He wasn't sure how Nya would feel about it. "We could do it here, just you and me. Or we could invite a few friends to witness it. But if you are not comfortable with it, thats alright. All I really need to know is that your love is true." He already knew that it was, the bond testified to the deep, powerful love Nya harbored in her heart.
Abashai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nya Winters on January 17th, 2010, 8:05 pm

She nodded softly and smiled turning her head to rub it against his hand where it stroked her long hair, twirling the brindled lock between his fingers. Vows? Yes she could do that. Somehow it was fitting that they exchanged words for each other, though she wasn't certain what the right words were. Nya rose then, abruptly, and caught Abashai's hands - his left in her right, his right in her left, and heaved backwards, urging him to his feet. She laughed abruptly, for he was a strong tall man, and her human form wasn't the best for truthfully getting him to do what she wanted. But it was stronger than she suspected, for she spent much time running around in it these days. And she didn't even mind so much, really, being kelvic rather than human when she did so.

That too was Abashai's doing, she suspected.

"If we are going to take vows, we should perhaps not do it here, but outside in the wind so Zulrav can hear them too and carry them to all places so that all the people who have ears to hear or are willingly listening will know our words."
Nya said. It was a rather romantic whimsical statement for a forest cat to make, but it was one she believed wholeheartedly as she walked backwards, drawing her bondmate down the length of the cave and out into the twlight.

It was truthfully the perfect time for such things. The winter snow was heavy upon the ground, draping the world in a glittering fantasy of white. The winds were calm, but blowing enough to send ice particles across the quickly darkening sky making it seem as if invisible hands had tossed glitter into the very air to decorate it for the occasion. Nya's eyes were luminous in the failing light. And because the light was indeed so transitory, her form even looked slightly hazy, as if she walked more than one world and was trapped between them somehow.

"Our friends already know." She said softly. "They knew the minute they met us, most of them, that we would be together for a long long time." Nya said, smiling as she lead him deeper into the winter - to the clearing in front of the cave. When she stopped moving, they were out in the open, under the sprinkling of stars that were just starting to fill the slowly darkening sky. Shades of pink and violet swirled across the horizon highlighted with burning orange and yellow hues from the slowly sinking sun. Trees were growing taller, looming darker, and taking on a preternatural feel. And even though the wind was blowing softly, almost caressingly, there was an unnatural stillness in the air.

Nya took a deep breath, then another, her facial expression moving from excitement to calm acceptance to a deep reverence. She looked older for a moment, prouder, and incredibly strong.

It was almost fitting that she call on her God to witness the union, though at the last minute she did not. Zulrav would hear their words. He witnessed everything the wind touched and knew everything the wind knew. He would know this. He would approve of this.

So instead, she turned to her bondmate, met his exotic ice bluish-green gaze, and smiled. Nya would go first... it was only fitting. Then Abashai could accept her vow or reject it as he would.

"Through you, Abashai, I have learned to be more at ease with myself. Daily you have become more and more my teacher, my friend, my confident, and my reason for finding the strength to move through life fluidly, as it should be, rather than struggle with things I cannot control or understand. You have suffered hardship, self-exile, and in many ways betrayal. And yet your journey has not tainted you or left you bitter or angry. Your strength is a constant source of inspiration to me. Your ability to adapt and accept is unsurpassed by anyone I have known, and yet... you fight with a passion that is worthy of a forest cat itself. Because of you, I have learned love is greater than self. It is a hard lesson for a cat to learn, but you taught me. And through teaching me about what it means to be a friend, a partner, a storyteller.... i have discovered a deep and endless pool of faith and devotion to you within me. It is not formed of some bond, but strengthened by it. We are not, I think, destined for an easy life nor a long one filled with peace and happiness. But instead, our pathways will lie elsewhere in treacherous waters and through constant storms. But I think together we are built to withstand these conflicts that will come. And if the Gods are willing, especially Zulrav and Yahal, we will weather them."
She said, sounding more human than perhaps she'd ever sounded before.

"Abashai. I give you my heart. I give you my faith. I give you my strength. I give you everything that I am and that I have. I give you these things so that they may be shared equally between us. Because together we are far stronger and far healthier than we are on our own. I vow that my love for you and only you is for all of my life. I vow to be your mate, to be the tooth and claw at your side, to be your mount, your voice, your conscious, and the mother of your children should you ever want them. I vow to be this for as long as I live or as long as you need me."
Nya said sincerely, then paused, taking a deep breath. She could feel the bond between them tighten, strengthen, and almost come alive as her emotions filled the link and thus Abashai's mind with the sincerity of her words. He could almost hear the echo of her words through the bond, as if from a great distance even though he was standing right in front of her.

Nya said nothing more. She stood there, giving him the choice to accept the vow and the words as he would. All the while a gentle wind caressed both of them, as if dancing in attendance. Abashai knew then that Nya was right to want to do this alone. The words and vows were too private, to sacred, to be shared among anyone but each other and their gods.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Abashai on January 19th, 2010, 5:21 pm

Had Abashai been able to watch himself following Nya laughing from the cave, standing hand in hand in the crystalline clearing, glowing with joy, he surely would have wondered who that man was....or where he had been for so long. As it was, Abashai was far too enamored with Nya at the moment for such introspection. He had nodded in agreement, his grin spreading wide as she spoke her intentions to reveal her vows right then and there.

The beshiran glanced around, admiring the beauty of the glittering snow-draped surroundings, the strong looming trees and deepening sky. Surely there was no more majestic sanctuary for their professions of devotion than this private setting. No more sacred witnesses than the stoic bronze-tinted trees and the crisp breeze. Nya and Abashai had met beneath the green canopy of these woods, made their home and refuge among its rocks, even shared heartache and pain among its hidden ruins. There could be no more fitting place for the deep sentiments they were to share.

He knew the forest cat could easily see the details of his own features in the shadowy twilight. But to Abashai's human eyes, the image of Nya softened into the forest behind her, causing her eyes to appear luminous. The bright green wells captivated the man's attention, stirring a desire to immerse himself in their warm glow. As he stood before her, clasping his hands in hers, he had never seen her more like....a woman. Abashai saw Nya's eyes deepen, heard her take her breath, then he attended to the sweetly familiar alto voice, soft but strong.

Abashai savored every word Nya spoke as if each one dripped from a honeycomb, hearing them in his ears and feeling their resonance through the bond. The sensation was as if his bondmate was pouring her heart over him, the more it covered him, the more he understood, the closer it drew him to her. As she made her vows, vows to him, Abashai experienced an incredible sense of humility. He could not fathom why such a magnificent creature would pledge everything she was to him. For so long, there had been no one, no one but Omri, who had so selflessly given of themselves to him. But there was great strength too in knowing that she was going to be by his side, the first half of his whole, for as long as fate and the gods would allow.

When Nya brought an end to her vows, Abashai could not speak. The revelation of the intentions of her heart overwhelmed him. He wanted to embrace her, hold her so tightly to himself. But he waited. Instead he took a moment to just indulged himself in the intense sensations of their bond.

Abashai closed his eyes, inhaling the cold, clean evening air. He was not used to expressing his innermost feelings, to anyone. He had never really unveiled such things. But now he desperately wanted to reveal them to Nya. He just had trouble finding the words. Finally, he opened his crystal eyes again and met Nya's anticipating gaze. A smile crept across his face. He knew that however inept his words would be, she would know the truth of them. The slight breeze stirred his dark curly locks, lifting them lightly. Nya could see the change in his countenance. There had been subtle changes recently, more smiles, more glances into her eyes, but tonight he seemed awash with happiness. The somber lines in his face appeared smoother, his eyes brighter with a hint of purpose.

"Nya, you have made alive that which was dead. I was dead in many ways. But from the day we met and everyday since, you have shown me nothing but a love for life. Its as if it exudes from you as you embrace every moment. And you have taught me that each moment has purpose, even if it is to simply admire the beauty of a sunset, or the song of a bird, or the touch of someone you love. You have a great purpose laid upon your young shoulders, yet it has not quenched the simplicty that keeps you grounded. By simplicity I do not mean simple. Nya, you are a fascinating enigma that I want to spend the rest of my life unraveling. You are rich with curiosity and clarity of vision. Your soul is full of passion and fervency, and I have dared myself to search its depths. You are the wonderful union of strength and softness, boldness and humility. You challenge my hesitations, give strength to my courage, peace to my fears, wisdom to my ignorance and ignition to my passion. You could not have been made more perfect for me. Through you, I have found my meaning, my purpose. But most of all, Nya, you have found my lost heart. It is now yours, all of it. Words like friend, mate or wife are pale and hollow descriptions of what you truly mean to me. I can only claim that you are no less than a very part of me, one that I know I could not live without."

"Nya, to you I relieve all claims on myself. I give myself to you, to our union, so that we may be as one. Every good thing that I can boast I give to you so that together we can be whole. You need only share me with my Lord, for no mortal shall have me but you. I vow to guard your heart with my soul and spirit, your flesh with my blood and steel. I vow to be your faithful mate and friend, companion and confidant, your teacher and your student, a quiet listener, a vocal defender, your shoulder in need and the touch you desire. I vow that my love will never be withheld from you, neither my heart, mind nor body. I give them all to you, and to the purpose we serve together. I am yours until Dira dares to separate us, and if it were possible, even then I would be by your side, loving you for all eternity."

Abashai ceased from speaking, still gazing at Nya, still smiling. The steam of their breath mingled in the cold air between them. Only a moment passed before he gently pulled Nya close to him and wrapped his arms around her, holding her with a soft firmness. Tilting his head slightly, Abashai leaned in to kiss her again, this time as his mate. Nya would feel every fiber of his love, need, desire and respect for her as his lips met hers.
Abashai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nya Winters on January 24th, 2010, 1:02 am

Abashai words washed over her in his deep sincere voice. They opened doors within Nya's mind that she didn't know lingered shut. Somehow, suddenly, her world expanded, almost doubled, as she took in his vows which were offered up much like her own. His words grew and changed as he spoke, becoming almost fierce, as if once the emotional dam within him started to leak feelings, there was no holding back the entirety of what Abashai held within himself. His voice broke the momentary silence of the glittering clearing; a silence that seemed to be completely a manifestation of the stars ease dropping on the couple's exchange. Abashai's vows took Nya several breaths to absorb. By that time, her whole body was pressed up against Abashai and her arms had slowly wrapped around his waist. Her hands splayed out, tracing his spine slowly upwards and downwards, moss green eyes locked on his. A smile played across her lips, fiercely protective and full of love. "Dira would not dare..." Nya said softly, in almost a growl, as she closed her eyes and lifted her head to accept his kiss.

Darkness was falling fast causing the stars to slowly fade into being, shining in the sky above. Their light was a lot less brighter than the sunset which had painted the sky briefly for their vows. It was then, the instant Abashai's lips touched her own, that Nya felt the burn along the left side of her neck, below and behind her ear. Abashai felt it too. Nya didn't care though, not really, because she was too busy tasting the lips that were themselves busy claiming her own. The forest cat stepped closer to Abashai, pressing her length against him, and returned his kiss, marveling in the sudden sensation that filled her. Whether it was a gift from Cheva that came with the sudden appearance of the Chevas Marks on their neck, or the fact that their bond opened up abruptly in an almost overpowering way, something miraculous happened.

Nya felt herself very male for a moment, very tall, very strong and filled with wonder that belonged wholly to Abashai. She opened her eyes and stared down at the woman she held in her arms... so much more than the human she'd always longed to be. Nya felt Abashai's thoughts, his feelings, and looking through his eyes for that moment she saw herself the way Abashai saw her. She knew his love, first hand, his fierce protectiveness and admiration, the way he viewed her hair, her eyes, her grace. She felt his arousal, and humbleness at what was taking place between them. Nya felt each wound upon his body, the scar on his chest that had almost cost his life. She felt his quiet strength, his poised determination, and most importantly the acceptance of the quest laid out before them - how much he needed this higher calling and truthfully this bonding to her.

She didn't know if it was the bond itself or the Chevas Marks. Nor did she realize, so lost in her own wonderment, that he was experiencing something similar.

Suddenly smaller, more graceful, and utterly inhuman, Abashai stared up at the man that held him. The change of perspective was disconcerting, but he could feel that (unlike Nya who was less of a thinker and more of someone that experienced and accepted what simply was) their bond wide open in that precious moment. He could still taste his own taste, the way she experienced it in all its intoxicating allure, on her lips as if they were his own. Beautiful, proud, strong.... filled with honor, tradition, and personal integrity. He could see all the things she saw him. He could smell his own scent through her senses - musk and spice and leather combined. He could feel her love for him, fierce and something entirely different and deeper than the other things she loved. Nya loved the chase. She loved battles and challenges, and thinking about things that were hard for her mind to understand. But this... this feeling was a completion. Through her eyes he could see, briefly, how much she needed him and how much of his intelligence she borrowed, teaching her own mind to think the way his did and thus growing. Inadvertently, he'd helped make her mind human in ways her form could never in reality be.

And he could feel her love for him. It wasn't like the poetry claimed or even like the Benshira love songs he knew where someone who loved another would often die for them. It was simply that to Nya, Abashai was an extension of her own being, so much a part of herself that she failed to see him separately. And in knowing that, he understood something that was rare even among his own race. Nya liked who she was, loved herself, and loved her family and friends in an honest raw way that his presence in her life had only made possible.

It was staggering.

Abashai could also see the fresh mark on his neck through Nya's sharp cat eyes, a gift of Cheva, that their vows had been accepted into the world. It was two forms entwined, one vaguely feline, the other vaguely like a sword that twisting into an oud. It shimmered with faint warm tones of gold, bronze, and copper. He could feel the burning on Nya's neck and knew she had an identical mark, somewhat smaller. And he could feel too, wrapped in his own arms lost in the sensation of being his own bondmate, her willingness and heady excitement of being so close to him. Nya, herself experienced the same thing, learning for a half dozen heartbeats what it felt like to be male and hold something so precious and beautiful in her arms.

She wanted more.

And even as they both blinked, back where they belonged, Nya felt her hands closing on his own. She wasn't sure, in the moments after their brief exchange, if it were her soft hands leading him back to the cave, or if it was his larger sword-calloused ones. Time stood still as they built up the fire to a roaring blaze, and carefully stripped their clothing from each other, taking their time discovering pleasure in each other they'd never anticipated. The night took an eternity, and so too did the bondmates, carefully learning each other's needs and passions. And remarkably enough, their perspectives switched occasionally, briefly, so there was no doubt no hesitation, no barrier left between them as the night progressed.

Afterwards, when Syna was late into the sky and Nya was just stirring from a sleep that was well earned, the forest cat woke fully and silently chuckled. She was deliciously sore, thoroughly exhausted in the best possible ways, and about ready to complain to her bondmate when she saw his condition as well. The forest cat had for the first time joined him under the furs, without sleeping on top of his oilskin, but had somehow ended up tucked against his back, face buried in the nap of his neck in her usual comfortable position.

Some things never changed.

And as for her complaints, it only took her a breath or two to realize Abashai probably had a few of complaints of his own. Long scratches marked his shoulders, a set of twin bruises that looked suspiciously like her teeth marks were etched on the side of his neck just below the chevas mark. Nya noted the incredibly relaxed look to his sleeping form - from the soft smile playing across his lips to his sword hand naturally free of the thick bedding and gently gripping the long gleaming Kopesh that was laying carefully beside the bed. Pride filled her and she started to slip away without waking him. Pausing, she moved to the desk - a habit she would never break now - , not bothering to get dressed, and penned him a careful note.

"Starving. I think you will be too by the time you read this. I've gone to catch us breakfast - something we both like. If you wake before I get back, can you build up the fire and start tea? And Abashai... there are no words to describe how proud I am to wake up as your mate this morning. Thank you. I love you. - Nya"

It was oddly mundane, the note she left him, giving him one last look before she slipped out the cave entrance, shifted, then began to hunt. But the forest cat knew stolen moments like the night would be few and far between. They had a life to live, a duty to preform, and one that was important enough they had to appreciate the things they could while they could, but understand when they had no such time. Nya would always make time for love, but punctuated with her duties and obligations. Abashai understood that and expected no less of himself as well.
Nya Winters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[The Home Cave] Letting the Cat into the Bag (Closed, Nya)

Postby Karyk on June 12th, 2017, 1:38 am

Abashai
Grade is being withheld due to Ledger not being up to date with Seasonal Expenses. When you update these, send me a Private Message and I will give you your grade.

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: ✓
CS Reviewed by Me: ✓
Previous Season Expenses Paid (Spring 517): X

Nya Winters
Skills
Foraging: 1
Socialization: 3
Rhetoric: 1
Writing: 1
Lores
Abashai: Fears the consequences of the unspoken being spoken
Abashai: Raised by his uncle's family
Abashai: A criminal in Yahebah for bedding another man's wife
Language: 'seduce' and 'to lay with' mean similar to 'mate with'
Jealousy can surprise those that despise jealousy
Abashai: Spent 12 years celibate as repentance
Following Yahal does not mean following Benshiran tradition
Most peaceful, warm memory: Abashai proposing marriage
My first tears were ones of joy
Abashai: A promise to join in her quest
Marriage is an exchange of vows
Exchanging vows with a bondmate is the most awe inspiring of moments
MiscellaneousChevas Mark shared with Abashai

Notes and Comments
CS Checkmarked: ✓
CS Reviewed by Me: ✓
Previous Season Expenses Paid (Spring 517): ✓

This was a beautiful showing of two very different cultures and upbringings brought together through love, as well as an amazing example of how acquiring Chevas marks occurs. Well done both of you. Nya, please mark the post in the Queue as Graded or remove it.
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous