Closed Mystical Music [Infilia]

Elin meets Infilia while she's playing the flute

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Mystical Music [Infilia]

Postby Elin on June 4th, 2017, 9:17 pm

Image15th Summer, 517
"Common" | "Kontinese" | "Tukant"

Elin sighed as she pulled on her boots and grabbed her backpack ready to head out into Alvadas.
She was about to leave the room, when glancing around the room she noticed that Ilia had left her flute behind, and a slight smile spread across her face. She grabbed the wooden instrument and slipped it over her shoulder into her backpack, wondering if she'd maybe be able to get some use out of it and maybe teach herself to play it.

Grinning, she left her room and the inn, instantly feeling the keys slight pull towards the inn.

It wasn't long before she found herself lost in Alvadas' twisting and moving streets, her hair fallen into her face and sticking to her forehead and cheeks as she cursed herself even though she knew she could get back to the inn easily.
Just trying to navigate Alvadas was a pain, and trying to find anywhere other than the inn was a feat in itself.

Stopping for a moment, she inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to calm herself and clear her mind of her frustrations before looking around again, hoping that she was looking with a renewed focus.
This time, she noticed a few paintings of musical instruments on the sides of buildings that seemed to all dance to a song that she couldn't hear.

Smiling triumphantly, she stepped closer to the moving instruments and looked around to see another similar painting, before walking to that one.
It happened a few more times until eventually the moving paintings seemed to disappear, and Elin frowned, disappointed in herself for following a trail that lead nowhere.
It was then that she heard music, something that sounded as though it could have been what the paintings were dancing to, and another smile spread onto Elin's face as she ran her hands through her hair, pushing it back out of her face and attempting to remove the tangles and brush out the few matted strands, before she started to listen carefully to the music and begin to walk towards where she thought it was coming from, beginning to hum along to the tune slightly as she did so, though she could tell that she was out of tune and her humming wasn't in time to the song. She stopped humming quite soon, and as she turned a corner she saw a young woman with a flute, this one made of metal though still similar to the one she'd bought for Ilia.

Happily, she stood leaning against a building, watching the young woman as she played, trying to work out how she made such lovely sounds from such an simple instrument.

Boxcode by Gossamer
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Words: 97730
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Mystical Music [Infilia]

Postby Infilia Snowsong on June 5th, 2017, 2:30 am

"Rainbow eyes, cast to the skies..."
Title
"Speech"
"Others"

Ever since Infilia was young, she really enjoyed music. Being able to play music, it was a different sensation, and music was in the origin of a Vantha. It trailed for generations. Infilia wouldn't do anything to get rid of music, music was her life. She would play it wherever she went, no matter where she went she always caught herself humming tunes of some random rythym. Her language was spoken through song, and it was adorable, and her voice, it was as sweet as a peach. Though, lately her time spent at Alvadas wasn't as peachy as she would have thought it would be.

Spending time here, she thought that she would be able to find her parents, but she was wrong. Ionu didn't like the Vantha on her territory during the Winter, and it was something that Infilia would definitely not forget. For that, she doesn't really trust Ionu, whether he or she trusts them now, she doesn't trust them, and she knew that she has a challenging life ahead of her as she defies Ionus presence, and her domain. Though, she loved this city, it brought her adventure, and she hoped that Ionu wouldn't smite her based on her opinions. Even though, she has every right to smite her if She so dared to.

Infilia invented tunes that reflected over her years spent with family, and the new friends she had made. She knew how to play slow, and she was able to keep up with long beats, she wasn't very good at the very fast paced beats. She still needed to work on that, as well as a lot of other things, but if the rest of the Snowsong were watching her, she would feel right at home. But on the contrary, she already feels at home, and she hadn't had very much reason to leave the city yet. Not after what she had been through overtime. Even though, that would make others who were like her probably run away, but Infilia was curious, and she wanted to know more about the heart of Alvadas. She wanted to explore its secrets that it hid.

Her tempo was still at a slow pace, high and a few quick notes here and there, oops she messed up a bit as her voice sort of cracked. Infilia just used that time as an opportunity to take a breath, as she held a lot of air in before she started, she sort of needed to breath. Although, she had only been playing for a couple of chimes, but as she was about to get ready for the conclusion of her song; she noticed an oddity that was poking at her. She kept seeing the faces of her family, the Snowsongs, it was terrifying, but she knew what she was doing was okay. Everything was pretty much fine.

She finished the song with a big exhale and the tempo had ceased. She hadn't realized the crowd that she had, and she was nervous, she blushed whilst her eyes shifted to a purple, she knew that the Vantha here had some sort of grace, and she wasn't so sure as to why so far. But, it could be because of what happened in Winter stays in Winter? Infilia didn't know, all she was glad for was that she was still alive. She had a cup with her, that she borrowed from the room that she was staying at, at the Cubacious Inn. It had only collected a handful of Mizas, ranging from copper to gold. It looked to be enough for a meal, and she glanced around and noticed how one woman was watching her. She looked mesmerized. Infilia was confused, she picked up her cup of coins and headed towards the darker haired woman. Flute in hand, she asked her a question.

"Are you looking... for something?" Infilia asked in common as best she can. She kept a friendly smile, and her back was straight. She wasn't hoping for any trouble. Or looking for it either.

Word Count :
675/2500

Boxcode credit: Karin Ironyach.
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Mystical Music [Infilia]

Postby Elin on June 5th, 2017, 10:49 am

Elin couldn't help but smile at the song, still enthralled in how such beautiful noises where being created by the woman using the metal flute.
She was captivated, wanting to learn how to do the same as the woman, wanting to learn how to make music so beautiful that people gathered around to listen to what she was making.

She could hear that the girl wasn't quite the best at her instrument as a few parts seemed to not quite fit with the rest of the song, but to her it didn't matter. It was still beautiful to Elin and she didn't want the music to stop.

And then the music came to a stop and Elin frowned briefly, before a smile came back to her face as she retrieved a copper Miza from her bag, seeing that others who had stopped to listen had given some of their coin. Presumably it was customary, though it wasn't anything Elin had seen before, not that she could remember anyway.

Then the woman was in front of her and Elin almost jumped with shock. She had been so stuck in her own head that she hadn't noticed the girl approach.

"Are you looking... for something?" she heard the woman say and Elin saw that she looked friendly, and Elin was glad.

"No, sorry." she started feeling somewhat awkward. "I just heard your music, and it's beautiful. I was wondering how you make such beautiful music with something like that."

Elin said gesturing to her instrument, before handing the woman the copper Miza she had retrieved.

"Sorry it's not much." she said with a light sheepish smile. "You see, my daughter plays a wooden one of those, and I've never worked out how she does it!" Elin said gaining more confidence as she spoke to the woman, before she stopped a moment and just looked at the woman.

She was pretty, with brown hair and delicate facial features, a little taller than Elin herself, but then she noticed the girls eyes. They were unlike anything she'd seen before, with unusual colours.
She'd heard something in winter about people with unusual eyes, but she'd opted to keep out of that, and now she'd met someone and found their eyes to be one of the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen.

Then she realised she was staring and she blinked a few times before a light blush spread across her face.

"Sorry, was I staring there?" she said, opting not to completely ignore what she had done or try to brush it under the carpet. "I just don't think I've seen such beautiful eyes before." she said, before realising how odd she sounded saying things like that, before she attempted to forget that had just happened as she scratched the back of her neck sheepishly as he hunched her shoulders then relaxed them.

"Anyway, back to music!" she stated, straightening herself out, before speaking again. "Would you maybe be able to show me how you play? Just a few pointers, and I could maybe help you out with anything you want?"

Elin clasped her hands behind her back, rocking on her feet slightly as she hoped that the girl wouldn't be offended by what she'd asked, while hoping that the girl would be fairly agreeable.

After spending a few days in Alvadas, Elin had come to appreciate music deeply, and now she wanted to be one of those people who had the ability to enthrall others and to tell a story through song and sound.

Boxcode by Gossamer
Exam week
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Mystical Music [Infilia]

Postby Infilia Snowsong on June 5th, 2017, 5:32 pm

Mystical Music
"Speech"
"Others"

""No, sorry.""Infilia felt awkward, she didn't know why the woman was staring at her, she was glad that she had come to watch, but she didn't like the feeling of being watched. Especially during the events of Winter, she decided that she needed to be more careful around strangers, and other people. Although, she wanted to make more friends, she was hoping that she could make a lot this season, so that she would have some people to aid her if something else comes up, and the Vantha would have to pay for the effects of the decisions that Queen Morwen would make again. Or at least, not almost immediately, she was close during the Winter.

She figured that that shouldn't hurt her future, and she shouldn't have to have focus on her pain. She didn't want others to feel sorry for herself. When the only one that they should feel sorry for is Morwen, and maybe she doesn't really deserve that devotion. Was it really worth it to not spread the Winter weather around Mizahar? Or was Queen Morwen trying to play some game. That probably had caused nearly a hundred deaths of the Vantha around the world. She couldn't be thinking about that anymore; she should really try to get those dark thoughts out of her mind, and focus on her music.

"I just heard your music, and it's beautiful. I was wondering how you make such beautiful music with something like that."The dark haired woman spoke a little too fast, and Infilia was confused of the fact that she didn't understand how bad Infilia's common was. Her eyes swirled with a purple/gold mist. She was trying to translate the meanings behind most of the words.

"I- learnt from my people."She admitted, and stuffed her cup of Mizas in her pocket, she was glad that she had earned some Mizas, be it copper, silver, and or gold. She earned something. "Takes, a lot- practice."Infilia spoke with her free hand, as she held the silver flute with the other. Elin had handed her a copper Miza, and Infilia dexterously slipped it into her pocket. She had left her coin purse at home, at the Cubacious Inn, and was sure that no one would dare steal from her room. Even the Innkeeper. She was sure that she could trust her.

"Sorry it's not much." Infilia stood uncomfortably as the darker haired woman continued to speak on. "You see, my daughter plays a wooden one of those, and I've never worked out how she does it!"Infilia figured that this darker haired woman seemed a little stressed about playing the flute, and she wondered if she was trying to teach her daughter how to play, or if she wanted to actually play herself. She found it funny; a daughter teaching her mother how to play the flute. Her eyes swirled a golden hue as she felt relaxed, which also added a silver mist into the mix of her feelings.

"I see- the one, in your- hand?"Infilia asked, she pointed at the wooden flute with her free hand. It looked like a decent craft, but Infilia's was invented by the Snowsongs. They were true inventors of music, while the other Holds seemed to follow more on the other arts of creativity. "Playing the flute- it takes a lot... practice."Infilia struggled with the word practice, she didn't really understand why she was having so much trouble with that one word today.

"Would you maybe be able to show me how you play? Just a few pointers, and I could maybe help you out with anything you want?"Infilia studied the expression that was displayed on the darker woman's face. She looked... confident. Maybe, even skeptical? It was a little difficult for Infilia to know what the human was feeling without her eyes shifting colors. There was one thing that instantly popped into her mind with what she needed help for. She wanted to learn more common. She hadn't found much people that would be free to teach her. In fact, she hadn't found anyone. There was one person, but he had left the city. It saddened Infilia, but she had assumed why he had left.

"I do need... help with common- writing... and maybe, speaking- speaking it?"Infilia offered. So- first things first, she figured that she could start first. "To begin; you'd need to have.... a c-c-omfy position whilst holding- the flute."She paused, adjusting her hold with the flute. "Like this."

Word Count :
1423/2500

Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Mystical Music [Infilia]

Postby Elin on June 8th, 2017, 10:16 am

As Elin watched the woman, she realised that she'd possibly been talking too quickly. She hadn't quite considered the possibility that the woman wasn't as fluent in common as she was, and a slightly worried look spread across her face, before disappearing after the woman stated to speak in response, though it became obvious that she definitely wasn't a fluent speaker of the common language. Elin made a point to slow down her speech for a while, to try and make sure that she didn't overwhelm the woman.

"I see- the one, in your- hand?" She heard the woman say and she looked down at her hand, having forgotten it was there as she silently chastised herself, her thumb stroking the wood of the flute as she felt it's shape. It worked, she'd heard that much from Ilia, but it wasn't the best quality. The metal one that the woman had was obviously crafted with much more care and was undoubtedly much higher quality than the wooden one she'd borrowed from Ilia.
Idiot... It would have been a lot easier just to show her the blasted thing than to say it was wooden. she heard the words in her mind, before she attempted to her mind.
She smiled at the woman and nodded, lifting her arm to show the wooden flute despite realising that the woman had already seen it.
Then she heard the woman say it took a lot of practice and Elin nodded again, noting that she seemed to be having difficulty thinking of the word for practice. She wondered what the woman's first language was, and whether it was something she'd learnt a bit of, though she doubted it! Elin had only managed to grasp a few languages, and the girl didn't look like a Konti or Akalak, so it was unlikely that Elin would be able to switch roles with the girl and struggle with words the way that she did.

"I can imagine, it must have took you years to learn!" she said calmly, remember how long it took her to learn to cook. Her mother had been so patient when she'd taught her, even when she'd ruined several dishes that her mother had worked hard on, and even when she'd ruined her cooking pots, or set fire to her apron. It had took her far too long to learn for her liking, but practice was the only way she could have done it.

Then she heard the woman mentioned how she needed help with writing in common, and speaking it, and Elin couldn't help but grin widely. Talking was best learnt through talking to others, and Elin loved to talk, while writing would be a bit harder, taking a lot of demonstration and practice.
"I can help with that, though we'd need to have a few supplies for the writing. We can definitely do that though!" Elin was more than excited about the prospect. She enjoyed learning new things, and she enjoyed helping others learn things that were new to them!

Then as she heard the girl state that a comfortable position was needed, Elin looked over the girl, observing how she was stood and how she was holding the flute, before carefully moving her hands to copy the girl, a grin spreading across her face as she did so.
"Alright, so like this?" she asked, quickly readjusting her hands to try and match the other girls more closely. She wasn't sure whether she'd managed to get the right positioning, but it felt comfortable, or as comfortable as she imagined it could feel.

Then she realised she hadn't found out the girls name, or introduced herself at all.
"Also, I forgot to say earlier, but my name's Elin. It's a pleasure to meet you!" she said with a smile, hoping the girl would reciprocate her friendliness. It would be nice to make an acquaintance in the city, especially since she hadn't been here for two long and her interactions with people had been fairly limited so far, so she just hoped she'd be able to form an amiable relationship with the woman.

Boxcode by Gossamer
Exam week

~
Elin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Mystical Music [Infilia]

Postby Infilia Snowsong on June 14th, 2017, 7:13 pm

Title
"Speech"
"Others"

"I can imagine, it must have took you years to learn!" Infilia replied with a fair nod of her head.and adjusted her hold of her flute that one of the other Snowsongs had made for her. Her parents had to buy her one though, when she was younger. She had the flute for many years, and she kept it clean for as long as she could remember. She remembered why she really liked the flute.

It was the sound. The high melodic sounds that the flute managed, it was incredible. Her eyes swirled a pink/yellow mist. She was filled with joy, as she thought about the mood of the flute when she was walking through the market within Avanthal. It was enchanting, it was mystical. It was like, nothing Infilia had never heard/seen something so wonderful before.

She jumped back into realization, as Elin had spoke once more commenting on the amount of practice that Infilia had endured prior to the amount of practice that she still encouraged herself to do.

"Yes, a... lot of p-p-ractice."Infilia struggled with the word practice again in the common tongue. It seemed that to her, it was a natural tongue twister. The word practice made her feel like a good. She blushed, as she knew that her common wasn't the prettiest. Though, she was pretty. Except for the mornings when she awakes in bed and her hair is all caught up with knots.

"Yes, family made me, w-or-work a lot. Flute was hard- hard at first" She was sure that this woman hadn't spoke Vani. But, she only assumed. On the contrary, she didn't really want to chance it as she wanted to focus on helping the poor dark haired woman out. She seemed like she really wanted to learn; eagerness had slowly crept throughout Infilia. Her eyes swirled a cordial goldish hue.

"I can help with that, though we'd need to have a few supplies for the writing. We can definitely do that though!"

"I think... I can handle- supplies." Infilia spoke with a smile, and she seemed eager herself, as she had finally found someone who could help her improve her common. She was glad that she had someone to teach her how to write and speak. It was something worth repeating. Her eyes flowed with a mix of gold like hues, and an added mix of silver/platinum hues as well.

"Alright, so like this?" The wooden flute was obviously buitl with a different look than Infilias' silver metal one. Though, she was sure that there wasn't too much contrast between the two types of flutes. Aside from the quality of music and the way they were made. From experience, Infilia was sure that the sound that the wooden flute would make was different compared to the metal one that she had.

Her mouthpiece was built on its side, and looked a little weathered down from constant practice. Also, she was using it earlier of course.

Infilia noticed that the hands of the darker haired woman were a little tensed. She bothered not to pay attention with the other Alvads as they walked by.

"Your hands, seem a bit... tense?"Infilia spoke with uncertainty, but it could just be her own mind playing some tricks on her. She looked around, just for a few ticks and she noticed some odd illusions, but again payed no mind to them. The jungle, during winter, that illusion scared her and she could have died. But, this man by the name of Alex, had guided her through the city and offered her a place to stay. Now, she was staying at the Cubacious Inn.

"Yep, something like that."Infilia confirmed with a smile."Now, you need a lot of breath... will help play." Infilia demonstrated what she meant by breathing in and she played a few notes to display the amount of breath that she had used and conserved it well. "Also, breathing helps... with singing." Infilia added, one thing slipped her mind and She hadn't really introduced herself and she felt as if she had bent over the top for this woman and had forgotten to give her, her name. The darker haired woman had also forgot to mention her name,
a name would be helpful, indeed.

"Also, I forgot to say earlier, but my name's Elin. It's a pleasure to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you... too, Elin. I am Infilia."She spoke her name as she held her flute in one hand and pressed her other hand against her chest to emphasize that she was Infilia. She hoped that she didn't need to give a fake alias this time to hide the fact that she was a Vantha. Though, it wasn't Winter anymore, and she wasn't being hunted still. From what she knew.

"About supplies... do we need to go... shopping today?"

Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal