Coming Around Again (Waisana)

Ramona makes another attempt at making friends and getting to know people after a somewhat brief time spent in solitude.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on July 7th, 2017, 2:07 pm

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

"I don't think talking to yourself is bad. You talk to yourself in your head so if you speak aloud, it isn't any different." No harm. Waisana seemed supportive of this idea. It's been so long since Ramona really had someone to really talk to. Even if Waisana was younger; she was still all the wiser. It didn't really matter to Ramona about age, unless your a five year old who's male, and who is quite stubborn, and is named Bhug. Her feet shifted uncomfortably on the grass as she stood beside the healer.

"You don't think it's bad?" Ramona echoed quietly, she did think a lot when she was talking to herself. That's how she comes up with different ideas. Just like archery today, she thought about it in a different perspective than what others could possibly see it as. Survival. Protection. She knew those two were two of the many key elements to learning how to use a weapon. One must survive to protect. Only the strong die hard to protect the weak who can't protect themselves. Ramona recalled the incident with the Zith attack that happened last year. She was still concerned about the Ziths and prayed to Zulrav, or any other God that they wouldn't return. Though, she really needed to focus on the now. She was still training with Waisana the Healer.

Ramona signed, Thanks. She offered a smile to the blonde and watched her shoot after demonstration. Ramona readied another arrow,
she struggled a bit as she felt the numbness in her fingers. Pulling on that string made her left hand feel numb. (As she was a lefty). She aimed as best she could, though her hand was a little shaky and she misfired and the arrow swerved to the right of the target and skitted across the ground. She frowned, though she would never give up on her practice. No matter how many times she needed/done it so many times.

Eventually, Waisana had hit the target. Although it wasn't the middle or anything, she still hit it. "Good job!" Ramona egged Waisana on. She clapped along with her after she lowered the shortbow onto the ground. Nice shot.Ramona added. She was happy for Waisana, for a healer, it had only taken her a couple of shots to shoot an arrow at the target and hit it. It was exciting.

offering. Waisana signed, she was uncertain at first. Was she trying to give Ramona her bow? Or to loan it? It was confusing at first, though with a brow raised in confusion; Waisana had already explained what she meant by the sign of offering. "Would you like to try this? I could check your bow to see how difficult it would be to draw." Permission. Curiosity. Interest. Ramona felt the tension in her as she bent down to pick up her shortbow. Though, Waisana seemed careful and less harmful. She figured that She could trust the blonde.

"As long as you promise to not damage it. It was... my fathers before me." Ramona pursed her quivering lips and she could feel her hands sweat. It was almost like she was afraid of trusting people, but she knew deep down that it was okay. She could trust Waisana. After all, she was a Healer, Healers are supposed to be nice right?

"Deal." Ramona obliged uncomfortably and switched her shortbow with Waisana longbow. Once Ramona grabbed it, she was surprised. It was heavier. Though, Ramona figured that it was heavy. Though, the weight of the longbow seemed so peculiar to her. It was definitely longer, obviously. Though, it was different. It wasn't as bendy as a shortbow was.

"Permission granted." pleasure. Ramona added to reassure the younger blonde who was just as curious as Ramona herself was. "You first?" Ramona asked, since Waisana seemed eager to shoot. Ramona tested the string of the longbow carefully and pulled on it, but not too far. She didn't want to snap it.

"Do you hunt?" Longbow. On foot. Easier. Question. Uncertain.

"I never used a longbow before." Harder to tell.She signed. Though, she assumed that the Healer could hunt.

"I do hunt. Started last spring." Ramona replied casually. She wasn't comfortable hunting, but she knew that it was a way to contribute. Ramona mainly hunts small animals. Hunt. Small prey. Easy. She said.

"Where do you work?" Curiosity. Healer. Friend.
Care to help out, leave a response?

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

"I see skies of blue. Red roses too. I will always love you."

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Words: 118181
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Waisana on July 16th, 2017, 7:09 pm

Waisana thought that herself and Ramona were working up something of rapport between them. They were no longer as uncertain of one another for one thing and for another, they seemed quite happy to provide each other with encouragement. The doctor was all too aware that her shots so far had all been lucky ones and if she did finally succeed in striking the ever elusive bull's eye then that would be a fluke as well. She wasn't good enough to do much with the bow although she knew that sooner or later, she could hit the target's centre; she'd proven it before although she knew that her aim was in no way consistent.

Smiling graciously at the other's compliment, the blonde inclined her head in acknowledgement and held her bow aloft. She placed one hand over her heart in response to Ramona's condition and murmured a heartfelt, "I will do no harm," sealing the words with a gesture of promise. Her troth given, the pair exchanged weapons, the teenager regarding the shorter bow with interest. After the use of her long bow, this bow felt unusually small in her hands as if there wasn't enough of it. However, it seemed more comfortable than her own weapon, the shorter piece of wood lighter and feeling more balanced as she clasped her left hand around it. In theory, it should not be too different from her own bow--it seemed it ought to be easier in fact--but she knew that the tension in the string must be much greater.

She was a strong girl with some muscle tone in her arms as all Drykas had. Their lives were hard and their bodies reflected it, each member of the horse clan accustomed to taking down pavilions and hauling heavy items. It was also necessary for her to move patients who were sometimes unconscious or weak enough that they could provide no aid and were effectively dead weights. However, it was a simple matter of reaching another part of a person, there were ways of rolling them rather than physically lifting them, but when lifting was required, she always had help to call on. While she was strong, she was uncertain whether or not she was strong enough. She had seen those who typically handled short bows, their shoulders and upper arms corded with prominent muscle, even the women. In comparison, she felt her own body was weak and almost fragile. She wasn't petite but her height wasn't going to lend her extra strength. Steeling herself, the blonde tugged the string back experimentally.

The doctor gasped in surprise, startled by the pounds of pressure that were necessary to pull it compared to her own one. Regarding it a little warily, she picked up an arrow and nocked it carefully. Nocking it was very similar to what she'd already been doing it and she gripped the arrow in the same way as she got herself into position. Once she was in her perpendicular stance, she raised the bow and pulled the string back as hard as she could. The effort almost had the young woman sweating, every muscle in her arm screaming as she worked the arrow back inch by inch. By the time she succeeded in pulling the string back as far as her cheek, there was no way that she could hold it anymore. Praying that it was sufficiently on target, Waisana released the string with a little shriek, arm jerking back abruptly as the tension was alleviated, the young woman barely able to keep her left hand around the bow. The missile struck the ground halfway between her and the target, ricocheting a short way into the air again before shattering. Wood splinters rained over the space, wisps of feather fluttering briefly aloft before falling too.

Waisana stared with her mouth open, round eyes turning on Ramona. "I don't think I like your bow," she admitted faintly, setting it beside the huntress like it was a snake that could spring at her at any moment. She waited to see how her companion would handle the longer weapon. She was sure it would be easier to handle than the shortbow had been.

Hope. Easier, she explained, gesturing to the weapon in Ramona's hands. "I have never hunted. I do not kill, I heal. I am a doctor in the River Flower. If Rak'keli blessed me then I could do more." Hope. One day. Unconsciously, her hand went to the thin piece of leather on her neck, drawing up the golden stone that was suspended from it and had slipped beneath her clothes. She fingered the magical pendant at the thought of a Healing gnosis, playing with it as she watched to see how the other would react to the longbow that she'd been given.

Active threads: 2 of 5
2 Quest threads

Pavi | Grassland sign | Common | Speech of others

Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Words: 363907
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on August 6th, 2017, 4:15 pm

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

"I will do no harm,"Waisana ensured, she also added, promise to ensure Ramona even more. She had agreed, and decided to switch the bows and Ramona handed Waisana her quiver so that she could use her arrows. The longbow was definitely heavier in her hands. It was an interesting design, though she imagined how hard it must be to learn how to use a longbow. Though, the mechanics are similar to a shortbow.

Ramona watched Waisana as she felt her shortbow. She smiled as Waisana reminded her when she was younger than she. The first time when her father had given Ramona the shortbow was exciting. She was filled with joy, she remembered that moment well as if it was just yesterday. Though, she frowned as she remembered her father. The pain was still unsettling, though she made sure to focus on Wasanias longbow. She tested the string, to feel its durability. It would be good to learn another tool. She didn't like to think of weapons as weapons, because the first thing that comes to her mind when she thinks about weapons was violence. Violence had always feared her. Violence enrages anger, and fighting. Ramona isn't much of a fighter. Though, she'll protect herself if she needed to.

Ramona withdrew one of Waisanas arrows and struggled to set it against the string. The weight of the longbow felt alien to her. It was odd, but she figured that it was normal for the longbow to weigh heavier than the shortbow that Ramona had. She pulled back the arrow once she had it set, and aimed for the target. She wasn't going to hit it on the first go, which was for a fact. Though, she could be lucky and at least hit the target. It didn't need to be in the middle at all. Though she lost hold of the arrow, and the arrow struck the top of the target and flipped behind it onto the ground. Ramona gasped, she hoped that she hadn't damaged the arrow.

"I don't think I like your bow," Ramona frowned, well Waisana hadn't felt the connection like Ramona had. Perhaps she should have offered her a few minor tips at best before the healer used the new tool. Ramona rubbed her head and figured that she wouldn't pressure her into learning the shortbow. "Well, that's okay. I don't think that your bow liked me very much."Ramona chuckled and handed Wasiana her bow and quiver back. Ramona observed the way the healer had lowered Ramonas bow. Was it really that scary?Hope. Easier, she signed, and Ramona was unsure what she meant at first until Waisana started to explain what she meant.

"I have never hunted. I do not kill, I heal. I am a doctor in the River Flower. If Rak'keli blessed me then I could do more." Hope. One day. Ramona nodded. She signed, Pray for my kills. "When I hunt I always make sure to pray or thank our Gods for the food they have given me. I'll tell you something that I don't want others to know. I get teary-eyed when I pray for my game. That is why I always hunt alone. I hunt to survive another day, without it I won't be able to provide for my brother Bhug. " She added in some sign. Love. Food. Safety. "Three things I normally go by. "

Ramona was curios as Waisana was playing with a pendant. It looked quite pretty. "I do love your pendant. The color gives your clothes a nice contrast,"Ramona commented. "What is it for? Is it just for decoration?"

SPEECH

|| "Pavi." || Pavi Sign. || "Other Speaking 1." || My Speech 1." || My Thoughts || "Common." ||

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Waisana on August 26th, 2017, 5:20 pm

There was a frown on Ramona's face and the blonde began to blush. Perhaps she'd spoken a little too hastily about the other's weapon and she'd taken offence at the remark. She hadn't meant anything personal by it, but maybe it had been construed that way. The doctor was temporarily flustered, unsure how to fix this insult that she'd caused. It was only when the other laughed and made light of the matter that the teenager could breathe easily again, smiling in relief as she took back her own bow, glad that she hadn't caused any permanent damaging to the budding friendship. It was also oddly satisfying to discover that she wasn't the only one to find that a different bow wasn't wholly agreeable to her. It was an even greater relief for the pair to resume normal conversation after that brief tense moment though.

The doctor nodded eagerly as the other spoke, dousing her enthusiasm a little as she listened further. She didn't want to appear to be enjoying the guilt that the young huntress experienced from her kills but it didn't take a great deal of effort for her to become sympathetic. This woman killed because she had to in order to survive but she didn't like it. It seemed that they had a great deal in common after all; Ramona clearly wasn't a hard-hearted individual and perhaps under different circumstances, she would have ended up in Waisana's line of work. Furthermore, she indicated that she had another to care for, something that piqued the Opal clan woman's interest.

"You care for a brother? Is he younger than you?" she asked curiously, peering at Ramona expectantly, even as the other continued to communicate. The other had her own sort of mantra to live by and Waisana nodded along in understanding, hands moving to signify that her feelings on the subject were mutual.

When the huntress brought up her pendant, the blonde looked down in surprise having forgotten what she was doing. It had become a frequent habit of hers to finger the magical gem that hung from her neck. There was something comforting about it, even when she wasn't using it, which was a rare occurrence considering that she could only use it once a season. It was more of a comfort to hold it now in its golden state, signifying that it was still usable. It was unsurprising that the other had asked about it though, considering how distinctive it appeared. Of course, it wasn't difficult to believe that the huntress didn't know what it was; the young Drykas doctor hadn't known what it was initially either. It had almost been an accident when she'd come across its purpose and how to use it; there was no way that Ramona could guess its purpose from simple observation.

"It is not decoration." Magical. Blessed, she explained carefully, considering how best to convey the stone's ability. "It has the powers of a gnosis mark from Rak'keli. The power of two gnosis marks. Anything that a favoured healer can do, I can do with this but only once a season." Waisana moved closer, holding the pendant up so that Ramona could see it more easily.

"When I use it, this stone changes to blue. When the season changes and the Watchstones change, this stone becomes gold again. I don't understand how it works or why but it is so," she explained softly before tucking it down the front of her blouse. With a brief smile, the young woman resumed her former place as she took up her bow to shoot once more.

As she lightly tugged on the string, she found it more responsive than the one on Ramona's bow and she discovered that she was relieved to have her own bow back, a thought that she wouldn't have believed possible for her to consider regarding a weapon. It was odd and weirdly amusing, something that made the young woman laugh lightly to herself as she nocked another arrow. Once more, she adopted a shooting stance and took a few deep breaths before she carefully raised the bow, holding it out straight and tugging the string back hard so she could fire it. She only allowed herself a moment to aim before releasing it, carefully moving her arm back to complete the drawing motion. The missile sailed to a point close to the bull's eye and the young woman clapped her hands together with a cry of pleasure.

"That was very close this time!" she called out giddily.

Active threads: 2 of 5
2 Quest threads

Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Words: 363907
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ramona Silvertongue on September 1st, 2017, 4:20 pm

DAY, SEASON, 517AV

"You care for a brother? Is he younger than you?"

"Yes, I care for my brother. He's five years of age." Ramona said. Stubborn. She signed, "though he normally plays with the other kids when I'm out hunting. He doesn't like to shop either." Ramona said, she liked talking about her younger brother, but she was always concerned with his behavior. She didn't fear it as much, but without Ramona around most of the time; it was getting harder and harder to teach him guidelines, and rules. Maybe Ramona needed someone who could do that for her? Because Ramona can't be at two places in once.

"It is not decoration." Magical. Blessed,Waisana was careful when she chosen her words. Ramona wondered why, she wasn't going to do anything to it or something. "It has the powers of a gnosis mark from Rak'keli. The power of two gnosis marks. Anything that a favoured healer can do, I can do with this but only once a season."

"Oh..." Ramona said. Beautiful.She added. "Do you ever get to use it?" Ramona asked with a warm gentle visage.

"When I use it, this stone changes to blue. When the season changes and the Watchstones change, this stone becomes gold again. I don't understand how it works or why but it is so," Ramona nodded as Waisana continued to explain how the pendant worked. She grew really interested in it.

"I only know some Webbing. I've been practicing. Though, the Djed gives me..." headaches.Ramona stated. She wanted to show Waisana that she could do some magic to, "healing would be nice to learn. Can it be hard sometimes?" Ramona asked.

After the short conversation.

Ramona picked up her shortbow and it felt good to have it back in her hands. She gathered her arrows, and nocked one in once more. She steadied herself, and controlled her breathing. Once she released her arrow, the arrow whizzed through the air and bent and twirled, it struck the target, but it was far off from the bulls-eye. She watched as Waisana almost hit the target.

"That was very close this time!"

"That was very good." Ramona said happily. She clapped her hands. After strapping the bow around her shoulders. Only to grab it again. Ramona took another arrow, and knocked it in again, though struggled a bit. She focused her breathing, which seemed to add to her shooting. Then released after she aimed. Again, the arrow whizzed through the aur, bending and twisting in all sorts of ways before it struck the wooden creation of a target. It was closer, but more above the bulls-eye.

SPEECH

Ramona Silvertongue
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous