Hey Everyone

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hey Everyone

Postby Trevor Hightly on July 17th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Hey guys.

I already told everyone hey in the Syka OOC, but I figured I'd just make it a global wave to everyone. :)

I've looked in at Miz before, but never really did much of anything on the site. I started a character or two, but it was a really long time ago and nothing ever took off with them even though I got up to quite a few posts with one or two. I just couldn't get into those characters enough to ever play them for too long--in retrospect, I think I just wasn't a good enough writer, I didn't understand characterization or anything like that, I wasn't satisfied with my work in a way.

I still have a long way to go before I'm the writer that I'd like to be, but I've written a lot on my own since then and I've played on a writing board or two as well.

I'm mostly used to writing stuff on my own, but I remembered the site and thought it'd be fun to actually make it a hobby. I'm burnt out on writing for my personal projects, and with work and school, and other hobbies, I just don't have the willpower for more work.

That said, so far writing on the site just seems like play, rather than work; so, hopefully, it helps me to get my writing fix, meet new people, and generally have a good time. :)

I plan to make this a consistent hobby since I always have an hour or two of free time a day, after working, going to the gym, and spending quality time with the significant other, and I really love weaving together stories.

Trevor is the only character I'll really be writing since I really only have the time for one; he's a shy guy, who cares about people, and who I mainly see being in social stories. He grew up in Riverfall and is in Syka now for the long haul.

In the future, I'd love to make Trevor a full fledged doctor for the settlement and to get to know every player who writers there. I'm more on the shy end of the social spectrum, but I enjoy genuinely friendly people. :)

I'd also love to do flashback threads in Riverfall with anyone who might want to do those with me; although I'd really need to read up on the city to actually be able to thread there well.

Anyway, that's all. Thanks for letting me be apart of the community everyone! :)
Trevor Hightly
Viam Infiniti

Words: 78529
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2017, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hey Everyone

Postby Cabochon on July 26th, 2017, 1:15 pm

Hello, Trevor. Welcome to Mizahar, and thanks for considering us as a form of community.

I completely understand how you feel with the whole story writing thing. I'm working on one of those blasted things myself, which is teaching me a lot about patience, among other things.

If you have any questions, I can do my best to help. I'm still relatively new, so I may have to get back to you from time to time. Just wanted to let you know that I am available.

Unfortunately, I'm not in Syka, but there may be future plans regarding that place *wink wink nudge nudge*. No promises, though. I hope you enjoy yourself nonetheless!

Take care!

Threads Available: 2/5
Cabochon
Small Details, Big Pictures

Words: 55005
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2017, 4:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes