Questions, mostly about the Zith.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Mar on December 16th, 2010, 6:12 pm

1. In the lore it says that Zith are capable of carrying off humans. A human would be a bit heavier than a Zith of the same size, right? How much would the weight affect their flight speed/distance they can travel? How much weight are they capable of carrying overall?

2. How well do the Zith fly to begin with? Are they awkward and clumsy in the air, or are they quick? How fast can they transition to flight from a standing position? Would it be seamless, or would it take a bit to get their weight in the air? Can they fly long distances? Maintaining a steady pace, how quickly would they be able to travel from one city to another?

3. The lore says that Zith who live amongst non-Zith frequently will wrap their wings around their body, sort of like a cloak. Would movement in buildings be awkward if they didn't do this? Roughly, what is a Zith's wingspan? Are the Zith clumsy on the ground, or about on par with a human?

4. Again, according to the lore, Zith wear very little, usually just a harness to carry things during flight. Is their short fur and this harness adequate for freezing temperatures, or would they have to wear more to stay comfortable?

Sorry for the weird questions, and thanks in advance for any and all help.

Edit: I was reading another thread in the question and answer section about travel time. Gossamer said that an NPC companion for travel needs to be approved of by the Help Desk. Does the same hold true in a character's history if they do not plan on seeing said NPC again, or no?
Mar
Player

Words: 1890
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 7:21 am
Race: Zith

Postby Panna Cotta on December 17th, 2010, 12:39 am

Hi Mars, welcome to Miz! It's so nice to see someone interested in the Zith :) I'll try to answer some of your questions, and wait for people more knowledgeable with specifics to handle the rest.

• Flying - You can go straight as the crow flies. The Travel Distance Chart might help you. I believe a better version is under development by Dusk.
  • I am under the assumption that Ziths are like stereotypical demons - humanoid beasts with wings. So, no awkwardness when it comes to walking (I think Ziths would use a combination of running and flying when stalking a prey). Naturally, I don't think one could fly straight from point a to point b if point a was Avanthal and point b Syliras (very far from each other). It's recommended that you make a travel thread and allot time for rest and sleep.
  • NPCs wiki might be able to shed light on your questions. If it's just someone from the crowd, a human prey (who will probably get eaten in same thread) you're free to roleplay them out.

Hope I helped in some way. Feel free to ask more if you need clarification :)
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Mar on December 17th, 2010, 5:39 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply. :)

As far as the flying thing goes, I was wondering more along the lines of how far a Zith can fly in a day (taking essentials like eating and sleeping into account) if they are traveling at a comfortable pace.

I apologize for the wording, that was my fault.

I think my NPC falls under the 'just a part of the crowd' category, but I'll probably double check when I get everything else down, I imagine it'd be easier to decide if it was in context.

You more or less answered the questions giving me immdediate trouble. Still missing the flight times though, and the rest is really just for curiosity's sake and things I imagine I'd need to know in the future.

Thanks again. :)
Mar
Player

Words: 1890
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2010, 7:21 am
Race: Zith