Closed Liquid Laughter (Allister)

A chance meeting between hyena and snake.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Liquid Laughter (Allister)

Postby Allassanachassanya on June 5th, 2017, 11:26 am

34th Summer 517 AV
"Speech"
"Others"

Heat rolled, like the gentle arms of a lover, around her waist, through her free-flowing chestnut hair, and across her tan face as she walked sedately along the bustling boulevard. Her sandalled feet trod across shiny cobbles, whilst her newly purchased, billowing crimson dress floated in the pleasant breeze that funnelled between the houses that lined the street. Under her elbow was tucked a small, wicker basket housing four little bottles and a purple, woollen scarf. The sounds of little chinks and clanks occasionally came from inside the basket as she moved, but the woman's mind was elsewhere.

In this season of Summer, the Dhani maledictor felt as free as she had ever felt in the city. She was without a job, without a true home, and without family. Yet, she still had over one hundred gold-rimmed mizas in her coin purse back at the inn she was staying at, and she had a friend. Although meetings with Madeira were few and far between, Ssanya knew she'd found a woman she could trust, and along with the freedom to make her own choices about what she wanted to do in a day, the snake-lady couldn't help but wear a little smile.

Plus, she had a new beverage to explore. A dozen or so days ago, the little, brown maledictor had heard and seen the newest item on the menu at the Unnamye. Little bottles, designed to bring uncontrollable mirth. It was filling Alvadas' homes and rafters and hallways with gales of laughter, and laughter was infectious. Like a disease, she had found herself smirking more and more at the sight and sound of these jesters, and finally she had found herself walking past the verdant Unnamye door. It was fate..- or Ionu. So she stepped inside, and purchased four of the little, golden-coloured bottles. It was dark and quiet in the shop, so the Dhani stepped back outside into the bright day of Alvadas' Summer, and began the hunt for a pleasant place to sit and drink herself to gaiety.

She walked for half a bell, as the cityscape around her faded down into more run-down, rural-looking abodes and residencies. If a walled, illusioned city could have outskirts, these would be it. Although Alvadas didn't have a great deal of greenery, she got lucky. Ahead, a sheltered, rain-covered well sat at the edge of an overflowering bush, that cocooned a lazily-backed bench overlooking the stone well. It was perfect, and so the woman sat, placed the basket beside her and cracked open the first, honey sweet bottle of 'Sunshines', pouring the whole lot down her throat in one go.

Ledger-4 GM
All 's' sounds are hissed in Ssanya's speech.
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya
Sifting through the bones

Words: 232144
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Allister on June 6th, 2017, 3:07 am

There was a silly breeze blowing today. It smelled like sunshine and made Allister want to dance. The heat was a bit much today so it was a good thing that the Kelvic had very little possessions. He left everything but his jacket and his pants and decided to go barefoot and shirtless. He didn’t mind his tattoos being exposed and had grown quite a layer of thick skin on the soles of his feet. Being a slave and an object of amusement for others as well as the target of aggression tended to leave one tougher than it might seem. With a strangely cheery attitude, Allister headed out of Ghost Town for nowhere in particular.

Once the haunted area had been vacated, the hyena had to stop and give himself a good scratch. To a passerby, the fit might have looked a lot like a seizure. Both hands climbed beneath the oversized coat flaps to dig at his sides and left shoulder where a bird was nailed dead in ink. The beady eyes went shut and his mouth hung open in a grin with the metal teeth exposed towards the sky and a soft purring laugh bubbled up like indigestion to express the relief his dirty nailed provided. When he was finished, Allister shook out his arms and his left foot with a snap that traveled up his spine and down his appendages. It was as if he needed a jolt to continue but what was impressive was the way the somewhat painful looking motion ended. The pale man’s aggressive adjustment finished with him in a stance of alluring power that left his hands out slightly, right foot dropped back and hips turned out. His face held a grin of delight that was born of release. Sleeping on the ground had a way of making a body stiff –but weird stretches helped alleviate tight muscles.

Allister resumed his languid march and found laughter in his ears. All over the city, people were busting their sides with bright sounds of enjoyment and it made the already curious man more intrigued. He started to pay attention to the guffaws and giggles that warmed the cobblestone streets. After several chimes of travel, he found himself chuckling in agreement to jokes he never heard and tickles that never touched his skin. The joy that swelled his heart suddenly filled his mind with a song and like any true performer the Kelvic answered the call of his soul.

“There was a maid from Alvadas.
She was known to have a pretty young arse.”

The scrawny arms began to drum a beat on his thin but well-defined abdomen. The broken beat repeated and was interchanged by a finger snap as well as a slap placed on the side of his fist which made a hollow pop. This matched the pace of his steps and though they were silent, it was evident that the bare balls f his feet tapped as they walked.

“Not pretty and pink
As you might think
But grey, had long ears and ate grass.”

Allister laughed and continued his rhythm. He wasn’t paying any attention to where he was going or who was around. His hands and feet became infectious to the rest of his body as his hips began to flick back and forth with certain steps that gave his walk a very exotic and possibly (if the right one was to look) erotic strut. His voice was sharp but his tone was flat so it gave an almost echo to the words as they bounced off of the walls and buildings.

“There was once a man like a ghoul.
He had some red spots on his tool.
His healer, a cynic,
Said get out of my-“

The sight of a red dress caught his eye and stopped his words but not his feet. Tapping his way along, Allister quickly realized he was in some kind of courtyard. His volume dropped out and the dark eyes locked onto the tanned skin of feminine legs and feet that disappeared beneath crimson fabric. “-clinic and wipe off that lipstick.” The hyena grinned as he noticed th woman was alone and aside from her basket and her sharply catching attire. Finally the man stopped as he was a body length and a half away from her and openly staring from her toes up to her bodice then lingering along her neck. The soft lines were graceful and tight but her skin had a smooth texture that made him want to touch it. As a reflex, he blurted the last two lines of his song. “You fool.”

Allister took a step towards the bench but stopped and crossed his ankles suddenly. He spun one hundred and eighty degrees as his fingers dug in as a furious back and forth ripped at an itch behind his right ear for several ticks. Once he was done with that, Allister reversed the coiled momentum in his legs and gave an awkward wave with a shy smile to the dark haired woman. “Hi there!” His voice cracked and was far too loud so he cleared his throat. “That’s a lovely tree, you’ve found. Can I sit in its shade with you?” He looked down and then up at a wall before stealing another glance at her neckline and enticing collarbones. “I don’t need to sit on the bench but that tree… would you mind if I leaned against it?”
Pain without love is meaningless
Love without pain is selfish
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Words: 243321
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2017, 2:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Allassanachassanya on June 6th, 2017, 8:54 pm

"Speech"
"Others"

She paused, and savoured the flavour. It was a pretty flavour, she decided. Summery and flowery and bubbly. She wondered how they made it, whether the bubbles formed naturally, whether they shook the alcohol until it frothed. But then she sat the empty bottle beside the basket and leaned back with closed eyes. Gods but she was happy. The breeze softly brushed through the rustling leaves of the tree, and the scents of the drink still lingered under her tongue.

Somewhere nearby, a man was singing a song, and she half-listened with a lazy smile to the odd lyrics.
"His healer, a cynic,
Said get out of my..-"
The voice stopped suddenly, a lot nearer than she had imagined. Her eyes sneaked open slowly, far too languid to compose herself properly.
“-clinic and wipe off that lipstick.”
And her eyes opened fully as she absorbed the utterly bizarre appearance of the ghostly pale man, in all his questionable glory.

He was a spasm dressed up as a person, was her first impression. His hair was striped, and his skin broken all over with etched designs into his flesh. She hardly had enough time to study his form before he broke out into a violent fit of scratching, and she instinctively curled her legs up closer to her body and her arms around her chest. This one was an odd one. The maledictor grinned though, not as a mockery, but something sparked by the man's own, glinting grimace of a grin. She waited quietly as she listened to his request, and finally as she understood the question, she laughed out loud, her eyes breaking into genuine amusement.

"You sssertainly don't need to asssk me. I do not own it. Lean however you want." The small woman watched as the man approached the tree, and then suddenly feeling guilty, she said, "Have you tried thisss new drink..- 'Sssunshines' yet? I have a bottle or two, I could ssshare." It was automatic for her to assume he was a native Alvad and would know what she was talking about, for where else would such a man be considered normal? He was cut from the same fabric after all, made of madness and curiosity. Ssanya simply lay back again and shut her eyes. She hummed, a lilting tune from her mother's nest, at ease again now that the mysterious voice had been registered.

With closed eyes, and through the quiet humming, Ssanya asked, "What'sss your name, ssstranger?"
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Allister on September 6th, 2017, 2:37 am

Allister was quite taken by the tiny woman. She looked like candy that he had seen rich people eating on the hot summer days down in the swamps. Masked Dynasts indulging in sticky sweets that made their lips red as they smiled and played their brutal games used to walk past his window all the time. The dirty glass pane hid much but it seemed to only work one way. No one saw his face in the days that followed the beating which gave him metal teeth. No one saw the tears in his flesh when a drunken tattoo artist would try and use the rake as a drumstick. Of course, he saw everything perfectly. Candy, booze, fancy clothes and fake smiles. Sharp swords and heavy chains were common place in Kenash.

Alvadas was different. It was not only a new city but it was so strange and wonderful and free that the uncertainty of it all scared the hyena. A smile crept over the man’s face to reveal his metallic grin though it looked more like a grimace as his eyes traveled far away. The light of golden hair waving in the sun sparked in the black stare. Madison’s face was dull and slightly blue as the noose pressed her chin up into the cheeks that once shone so warmly in candlelight. Allister suddenly exploded into laughter. He laughed so hard, his face turned bright red and his tone went to a straight rasp. He laughed as he stumbled and staggered into the vicinity of the woman with the strange voice and then passed her until he was leaning on the tree laughing. “She traded her life for mine! What a weirdo!” He laughed some more until it made him cough. The kelvic coughed until his body folded beneath his ribs in spasms and contractions that doubled him over repeatedly. He coughed into his jacket sleeve and against the tree leaving flecks of dark blood on both places.

After a chime or two, the man wiped his sleeve on his shirt and twisted with a very quick but graceful maneuver. Allister’s left foot slipped behind the right and dipped its toe against the ground on the opposite side of his planted boot. Like unwinding a braid, he applied pressure to his legs and the straightening motion of flexing his thin muscles turned him around in almost the exact place here he had started which sent his jacket tails flying out like a sail being toyed with by an erratic breeze. A bit of blood was on the corner of his lips but he was smiling again. The hyena moved quickly to lower himself to a stature that was beneath the woman on the bench even as he leaned against the side. The slight hiss in her speech was a tickle in his ears and he lingered on each one with wide-eyed curiosity.

“My poor throat’s parched, I’d love a sip or five.” He chuckled loudly and watched the woman’s eyes close. He slowly -painfully slow- allowed his hand to extend towards the bottle to which she had offered. He was about to grab one when her humming touched his ears. He forgot all about the drink and melted against the bench. With slight movements like droplets running away from melting ice, Allister slipped from the side of the bench to the ground then inches is way over towards the woman’s feet and curled up against her leg. He listened to her little song and added his deeper tenor hum to harmonize lightly. Granted, he was off on every fourth, fifth and eighth note but to him it sounded good.

Now that Allister was next to the woman, a strange scent filled his nose and though he didn’t open his eyes, he couldn’t drift away into a nap like he wished. The tiny woman wasn’t human; not completely. A pale hand risked the short journey to touch the dainty ankle near his head while he continued to push notes out to try and build upon the tanned woman’s song. His voice responded, soft enough to not interfere with the meditative melody but loud enough to whistle on some of his S’s. “I’m Useless. Long ago I was an Allister but I don’t know what that means.” He scooted closer and hummed a few more notes trying to catch a fifth or a third.

Allister wished Madeira could hear this. He felt her but not like that night a few days ago. None of it felt real and still today, everything was so hazy that the surface could’ve been fake and the hyena would never guess. The kelvic wanted to seek answers to the questions in his chest and ignore the voices in his head but the two seemed to be mingling in a rather unattractive way. The ghastly fellow elected to hold off on anything beyond the surface –muddy as it was. So with a smile on his face, he used the tune and the harmony he had been building to sing-song his way back into the conversation.

“You’re so nice to me, a ssstranger.” He mimicked the way she lingered on the s.
“My looks they cry out danger.
Why do you share your sssunshine?
Sssmall and pretty, a rose in bloom.
Your peaceful heart, a sssweet perfume.
Tell me your name. I’ve told you mine.”

Allister hadn’t moved since he found her feet. He felt comfortable here beneath this exotic and beautiful woman. Her kind and calm ways instantly made her a refuge for the troubled man. Again, he reached through the line in his heart to Madeira but felt himself too broken to try and curled up a bit tighter. Despite being much longer than the woman in the red dress, the kelvic had made himself very small.
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Allassanachassanya on December 19th, 2017, 10:03 pm

"Speech"
"Others"

Sunlight drifted down through softly rustling leaves, and the scent of honey lingered where vines twisted down to capture the bench in a loose cage of leaves and delicate yellow-peach, trumpet-like flowers. Ssanya opened her eyes a fraction as the strange man began to join in her song, but his voice was pleasant and she found herself enjoying the quiet melody they wove far more than she realised she would. The harmony they wove together was encouraging, lovely, and she began to add words in her native tongue, her own voice faltering and wavering much worse that the man's accompaniment.

"When desert winds blow,
The scent of the night,
Linger with me,
Sleep through the stars..."

The lullaby came to an end with Allister's own words, and she smiled down at the curled-up form of the as-of-yet unknown Kelvic, a slight grin tugging at her lips. "Ussselesss iss a sstrange name, sso I sshall call you Ussse." She thought meditatively on the man's words, and took a deep breath and a smaller sip of the next little bottle of sparkling Sunshine. She giggled, a little hiccup of mirth, and grinned. "I feel mellow, Ussse, bessidess danger and ssafe iss different here, asss you know. I am not a native like you, but there iss no.. ssensse in being wary. You could be Ionu for all I know." She laughed properly now, minutely aware that her laugh sounded far more pleasant and yet far less controlled than usual. She found she couldn't care less.

"My name isss Allassanachassanya, daughter of Tshashallassana, of the Eyktol nest. But mosst call me Sssanya. It isss much easier." Without the barest hint of self-conciousness, she stretched and lay down across the entirety of the bench, so that her head was propped up at the other end. She proceeded to regard the man with lazy eyes and a lazy smile. "Ssso... Why do you have all thosse tattoos, Usse? I do not have a tattoo, but there was a fabulous tattooist in Ahnatep that ssome loved to visit. Should I get ssome, do you think?" She giggled, and extended her arm to gaze at her wrist. "Perhapss I could resspect Ssiku and my mother with a sssnake up my arm. Wear my race with pride..." She broke off, and looked into the distance without seeing anything at all.

In that place and in that time, the snake woman lost a few ticks remembering the vividness of her home, and although a tear wanted to come, all she could do was remember some idiotic thing her brother had once done, and the tear dried in the crinkles of her eyes. Laughter really did seem inescapable. The innocent bubbles of the drink winked at her in the heavy, bright light of the summer day and she stopped reminiscing by herself. A contented hum wriggled from her chest, and she closed her eyes languidly once more. "You ssseem like a man with many ssstories to tell. What can you tell me, Allissster Usse?" After all, she refused to call someone useless unless they proved they deserved the title in some way. It seemed a cruel name for a person, no matter if they were a bit odd, which Allister undoubtedly was.
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Allister on January 8th, 2018, 10:59 pm

Hesitation never had so many uses. There were moments when the hyena nearly spoke but the small woman with entrancing eyes and an easy smile continued to meld words into their shared tune. Humming passed the time and filled the gaps while Allister uttered the occasional ‘oh’ and ‘ah’ note or even a run perpetuate their harmonies. The hiss of her tongue and the whistle off his teeth would clash here and there but there were other times when they floated into one another as if designed for that very purpose.

The beady eyes watched as the dainty thing shifted her body and robbed him of the soft skin upon which he leaned. The bottomless gaze followed tiny feet as they went up and onto the bench. The slow-witted kelvic missed some of what the girl had said though he found her pronunciation of his abbreviated name a bit comical and let off a short cackle. His head moved slowly while his eyes remained fixed in his skull. This rotation allowed him to scan her body from the shoes on up, drinking the details of her tiny form and flash dress while his imagination fueled the unknown. When his intense stare met her lazy gaze, the man jumped in place a small bit- the calm exuded by this woman was instantly unsettling but also exciting. The ghastly man was about to speak when a cough bubbled up in his chest and ripped itself from his throat with hoarse barking calls that Allister quickly buried into the crook of his elbow. When it passed completely, the man didn’t move for several ticks as a few chills ran through his body.

Allister heard her name and chased it around inside his mind as he tried to comprehend such a thing. Nest? The word made his head perk up a bit which brought his awkward grin back to the delicate trickles of light. “Sssanya..” he whispered after she had given him a condensed rendition of her name. He was about to repeat it again when the strange woman commented on his tattoos. His body instantly curled around itself with arms forming a latch over his chest much like a posture seen in small children. His head went down once more but he spoke with a bit of sharpness to her question. “No!” He shivered again despite the sunshine and heavy coat. His own volume caused the hyena to jump so he reiterated his response at a much more acceptable tone. “No, Sssanya,” His eyes flitted up to her face then down to her arms and finally trailed along the bloodred fabric to her ankles. “I would not mar you perfect skin with such ugliness.” His left hand crept away from his body, fingers crawling on air towards her delicate looking feet. Ashamed of his tattoos, he ached for a change of subject and was granted such a thing when she spoke of her race and snakes.

Wide-eyed with an almost desperate expression, Allister flung his upper body against the bench, spindly arms dropping on either side of Sssanya’s waist. “Snake? Are you a kelvic, too?” He sank down a few inches onto his haunches. The woman was drifting as if half-asleep. The beady eyes twisted against his face to leer at the basket of bottles. Her strange behavior and the previous invitation to join in her drinking had given a second wind to desire for a sip- thirst also tossing in her token for some of the peculiar refreshment. His train of thought was stopped by the woman’s request for a story.

With another slow examination of her body with his black eyes, the hyena now had a true sense of her body as she lie sprawled upon the bench. Allister turned on his knees so that his hips were nearly squared to the bench. He leaned upon his arms and pushed up with his sinewy muscles, poor nutrition and no real regiment of exercise gave him the natural space for such a minor task to feel like work. He almost shook as his arms hoisted the dead weight of his body up into the air with a slow, controlled motion. His face broke at the mouth to reveal his overly wide grin which he pointed at the inquisitive thing now beneath him.

“Well, I do love to tell stories, Sssanya.” His back arched which rid his arms of their burden, his thin chest poking out towards her hips. His left hand floated like a leaf caught in a lofty breeze towards her ankles but his eyes never left her own. He cast his voice high into his register, a false sound not born but learned. It rasped and wheezed with his ill state of life but was eerily melodic and even. Should one know where to look, his diaphragm could be seen tensing and adjusting constantly to maintain this unreal voice. “Would you like to hear a tale of sunshine and smiles?” He chuckled as the hand hovered mere specks above her body and chased the lines of her being up towards her knees and even higher. He never touched her but was keeping his hand close enough so that there was always a bit of static that seemed to pull at him.

He changed his voice again. Allister dropped the tone as far as it would go, the smile dying in flames of a rising sun that pulled his hollow cheeks down towards his collarbones. The frown was more pathetic than anything but when paired with the deep voice, it almost gave the impression of a jester’s shadow. “Perhaps you would be interested in the sounds of a heart as it shatters on a frozen floor…” The wind shifted in their small piece of the world. Instead of blowing back and forth, it swirled and kicked up from behind the bench and blew a brief gust into the hyena’s face. The scent of this woman was overwhelming to the kelvic; even in this form, he had a much greater ability to sort and decipher smells than humans. Sssanya smelled of earth and bone above all. In this, Allister closed his eyes for a moment and leaned towards her. The next layer took a split-tick to unlock but the animal soon reaped the citrus of her drink as well as a heavier alcohol that was much older as if coming from her skin but neither of these nor the overbearing initial burst could hide what caused the tattooed fellow from leaned closer to her torso. Blood.

In a giggle and a sharp twist of his torso, Allister flattened his chest against her hips and turned his head so that his nose touched her collarbone. His weight was not heavy, no; the hyena supported himself in a way that left his body against her attire like ash upon undisturbed soil. He did not linger, however, and spoke in a rather unkind pitch that filtered itself through his metal teeth while he inhaled up her neck until his nose was behind her ear. The smell of blood and reptile driving his instincts til half-past reason and quarter-til madness. “Maybe you want to hear of agony, Sssanya.” Slowly, he lifted his head as a deep chortle rumbled from his throat. Like an angry storm cloud, he loomed above her with a twinkle in his eye and crooked grin on his face. The gentle rise allowed him to inhale from her flesh once again, this tine drawing the tip of his nose along her jaw. The instant he broke contact with her soft, tan skin- the hyena snapped his metal teeth at her chin though he intentionally left space so as not to actually bite her.

It was all a game to him though it always felt real. In the swamps, women used to pay him to frighten them and from the smells buried beneath this petite and polite exterior, Sssanya might not be opposed to similar entertainment. Allister held his body in a way that seemed to canopy the woman, his eyes directly above her own. “You smell of death, Sssanya.” Allister whispered. “Is that the story you wish to hear?”
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Allassanachassanya on January 9th, 2018, 11:23 pm

"Speech"
"Others"

In any other place and any other setting, Ssanya's reaction to the word 'Kelvic' would have been markedly different. Even then her nose wrinkled slightly, an involuntary movement of disgust that left her feeling vaguely remorseful. She was about to lie and say that yes, she too was Kelvic as must this strange Allister be. But reluctantly, drawn in by the man's strange yet relaxing atmosphere, she spoke the truth. "I am a Dhani, a great race, able to sshift from sssnake to human to Dhani, dwellers of the sssands. One day you will sssee me or one of my brethren in our Dhani form, but until then I cannot desscribe it to you. I try but it would not work, would not make sssense." The mystery was unintentional- language still held her back in many regards.

"Ssso... You are a Kelvic. Not prey, I hope." She bared her teeth in mock seriousness, and laughed with frivolous gaiety, one hand pressed to her stomach as if to hold the mirth in. It didn't work, and after she had ceased she wiped a tear from her eye, then looked at the glimmering drop on her finger in amazement. The drink was going to her head, and time seemed to pass by without stopping, yet it was as slow as drying blood too. She stretched her hands to the branches above, and examined her wrists and forearms, thinking back over Allister's words. Perfect skin... Now she had no control over the smile that crept inexcusably across her face, but she kept it to herself and hid it behind the hand that clapped over her lips to prevent the laughing that wanted so desperately to steal her soul.

"Well, I do love to tell stories, Ssanya." The Dhani raised an eyebrow expectantly, yet despite everything she'd seen so far, she didn't expect what was to follow. Allister shifted and moved with a fragility that made her stutter, partly from pity but also ashamedly a killer's instinct. It would be so easy to take this man, play his game, play it and then end him. The thought moved like lava, or the spilled wax of a night's candle, but his wordplay and her own intense relaxation kept her from moving, as well as something deeper that spoke of a weakness of her serpent spirit, a weakness that she barely tried to bury these days. Weakness was for the unworthy, but so far from home the Dhani no longer knew what was strong and what was weak.

Allister's hand hovered over her leg. Her eyes hardened, daring him to touch her so she could hit him fiercely, make him regret thinking she was some man's toy, some flatterable woman. That youthful fire of certainty and superiority flickered and roared as a well-fuelled fire would, and she almost hissed in the tenseness of the moment. But he never did, not even as that impish hand crawled higher, and she held still for the moment. Instead, she found herself admiring his voice, hearing the delicious imperfectness of it, much like the hushing, slurring sounds she made herself. Her breath evened out, and she stared at him, brown eyes narrowed almost to a close as she watched carefully.

"Agony," he said, and she could not stop the shudder. His were amateur dramatics, but they were effective, and she was not herself that day. The sparkling drink ran through her body now, leaving her feeling awake yet out of control, hyperactive yet stilled like the clear surface of a thriving fishpond. That wicked laughter was not far from escaping, but Allister held it in check. Her breathing stopped as he suddenly leant in closer, and she arched her jaw away as the tip of his nose ran against her. The touch tickled, and sent an unwanted thrill down her spine.

Without truly realising what she was doing, she broke from her stupor and grabbed the man's throat, pushing him back and glaring ferociously into his staring gaze. Ssanya sat up and dragged herself so that her knees were either side of him. He was trapped, loosely, although it would be easy to escape from if he were to truly try. "I sssmell of death because I am a predator, Allissster Usse. I do not like thiss touch, I do not want thiss story," she dragged her finger strangely, gently, across the man's forehead. "I want these stories." She made no reference to what she was referring to, but released her hand from around his neck. Her stomach twisted again, once with apprehension, again with remorse. She did not say sorry, but made her eyes speak for her as she pulled her knees underneath her and sat upright on the bench like she had planned to all along.

She was a liar, because she did like it, she liked the thrill of the unknown and the danger of the stranger, and even the slight touch as much as she denied it to herself. But it was a truth that she didn't want it, because that devilish laughter was once again fighting for a claim on her conflicted soul, and she could not laugh in the face of such intense seriousness. Instead, she collected one of the small, glinting bottles and handed it to the man. "Pleasse, help yourssself."
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Allister on February 7th, 2018, 4:11 am

Allister soaked the words in that she spoke. He grinned every time the ‘s’ sound lingered against her teeth. The dainty lady in the red dress exuded power- a confidence in herself but the deep eyes of an animal shed more than her words. The hyena was enjoying his game until his partner…teammate or opponent, he wasn’t sure, needed to take a break. The kelvic froze in the grasp of tiny fingers squeezing against his throat. Being a dog kelvic, he had been burdened by a collar on more than several occasions so her weak grasp didn’t trigger him the same way that he remembered. The split tick’s realization seemed to slow the world down to a speed that made sense to Allister. He had an epiphany and an acute observer would see the muscles around his eyes curl back in surprise though his next action could not have been anticipated.

Allister felt the rustle of her dress against his chest as the Dhani whipped her knees on either side of his ribs. He responded by clamping his long, pale fingers down on the lower part of her upper legs to hold her in place while he drove his neck into her hand. At the sign that her elbow might give way, the former slave adjusted his pressure towards the outside to force her fingers back towards her wrist. The exhiliaration he felt as his body struggled to pump blood past the resistance created by the small woman’s chokehold was euphoric and in no small part nostalgic. Allister leaned in which made his pale skin slowly flood with an ugly purple from the string and spoke with a garbled tone that was something far removed from animal and man. Each word he gasped forth widened his glassy eyes and brought his face an eyelash closer to hers.

Her speech, the words he didn’t hear washed over him like a bath he never took but her eyes told him everything. The Dhani needed to feel powerful. She was in a form that was something less than what her potential should be. Allister felt proud of putting two pieces together in a conversation like this. The way Ssanya talked about her true form held such reverence and so in this itty bitty human form, she felt exposed. Taking the kelvic by the throat may have been reactionary but it was serving a much deeper purpose for the attractive little red flower on the bench. A heat sparked inside the former slave and he leaned inwards still despite the white explosions happening behind his eyes and the burning sensations chasing themselves down his neck and along his chest.

“I’ll tell you any story you wish to hear.” His voice quickly lost volume and tone. He became no more than the sound of a rough surface softly scraping a smooth one. “If you want to hear another tale or a song, correct me of my mistakes!” He was struggling with his annunciation at this point but maintained a heavy weight against his windpipe. He illustrated his point but shoving ahead twice on a few words then slipped back and away from her like a limp doll. His hands fell away from her legs where they had been clamped like irons in the slave market. In a heap, he rested beneath her once more, his black beady eyes, ringed with erupted blood vessels, looked up at her from a position of submission. She offered him a drink and he accepted. The mumbles of appreciation were thick with mucus and shallow breaths as the hyena continued to recover from the brief ordeal.

While he ran through his options for things to say which would make Ssanya happy, Allister allowed his position of vulnerability to calm his body. The one thing Allister had which he had never shared with anyone outside of Madeira was his magic. In the stillness, he allowed the shell of his right arm to detach. Slowly, the kelvic was becoming more aware of the djed that filled and surrounded his form; was his form. He could feel it taking up the space between his core and the ostracized piece of soul that floated up from his lap towards the woman. His throat was parched and sore so the being once but no longer a slave decided to try this new drink he had been offered.

With his left hand, Allister lifted the bottle to his mouth to examine the lid. It didn’t look complicated but the simple answer was not one that his shaken brain held. In lieu of an answer, the hyena settled for a shortcut. He opened his mouth wide and bit the lid between his metal teeth. He flexed his arm from the shoulder on down to his hand where he cinched in a tight squeeze. In a single ripple, like water being swished about in a pot, the hyena twisted until the seal gave way and his head snapped back from the motion. Allister spit the lid on the ground and lifted the bottle to his lips then drank. As the cool, sticky juice flowed down his damaged throat, he felt the burn of the alcohol but also the cleansing effect that it left behind. He kept drinking. The greedy animal, a scavenger, lifted the glass until it contained nothing for he used his tongue to lick the last few drops off of the rim. Wide grin on his face, he dropped the bottle in the grass and stared straight at the tan skin which seemed to be even smoother now that the flush had faded from her cheeks.

“I have a story for you…” his voice was better but still scratchy and hushed from the earlier squeeze. As he began to spin words of his own, the detached and invisible hand drifted about along the woman’s body as to trace an unseen shield against the delicate frame. When he reached her head his ran his fingers slowly through her hair as he pretended to be the wind. “Let me tell you about this tattoo!” He used his left hand to open his jacket a bit and pointed towards the mocking grin that was plastered across his pale but well-defined stomach. Thin, like the rest of his body, the wicked smile showed off muscle born of burden and abuse. Some of the lines seemed more like callouses than power.

However, Allister would not get a chance to begin for as he was showcasing his lead in to the tale of sedition and sadism, his stomach growled…or rather, the big mouth that lived there growled. The gargling noise and the placement of the inked mouth suddenly became overwhelmingly funny to the hyena. There was nothing he could do but succumb to the volcano that welled up inside of him. His mouth, the one on his face, opened up wide and a contortion of laughter, choking, coughing, giggling and a few squeaks bellowed out like spirits released after ages of being locked away. Allister laughed so hard that he felt sick but he kept going. His skin brightened and his lungs burned but the happy sounds never ceased.

Distracted by his fit of hilarity, the inexperienced magic user inadvertently moved his detached limb. It landed softly against her face and trailed down her cheek. From there it dragged its fingers along her graceful neck and down to her collarbone. Somewhat taken by necks, Allister felt the familiar curve and hard line of these things and paused just long enough to look directly where the hand was touching. He held a childlike expression with his mouth in an ‘o’ and his eyes held wide open. The laughter paused only for a moment- just long enough for Allister to recall his wayward hand and reattach it to his soul. Once he felt that connection solidify, the half-halted seizures of his diaphragm were released and more strange noises were set free upon the air. He was back to laughing as hard as he ever had in his short life.
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Allassanachassanya on April 4th, 2018, 10:17 pm

"Speech"
"Others"

They battled under the rippling branches of the young tree. Ssanya, her own eyes widening in response to Allister's actions, reeled backwards further from his sudden forceful approach but found herself almost hypnotised by the strange sense of a connection between the two. She barely breathed as she watched the colour flood the man's face, saw the slight flecks of spittle fly past his spluttering lips, saw the... enjoyment? Ssanya remained shocked out of any kind of deeper understanding, and could only struggle ineffectually to let go of the man and let him free. But maybe, just maybe, he didn't actually want that freedom. His words, harshly pushed out with considerable grit and determination, spoke of servitude.

In the desert sands, the concept of a slave was certainly not unusual. People of all ages, races, and creeds could and would always be bought and owned. The Eypharian people, being both proud and haughty, were avid slave owners, and Ssanya had grown up amongst the six-armed race. Yet she herself had never thought much about the slaves themselves, seeing them only as background characters to her world, a world of blissful, scorching dunes and the tight tensions of the Eyktol nest. Now, this man threw himself into her choke-hold as easily and as readily as any slave would. She couldn't deny that it gave her a certain amount of primal satisfaction to see him as he was, but then her fingers tried to push away and her body shied from his incredible actions.

In the brief moments before he pulled away, Ssanya wordlessly took a choice. It would come to haunt her, even if she tried not to think of it, each season pulling her soul around as she adjusted to her life away from the throbbing heartbeat of the Dhani nest. But in the here and now, she tightly dug her fingers into the man's throat. She gave back, her eyes narrowing and her lips pulling up into a vicious grin. She spoke not a word, and the tightening of her hands lasted only a brief fragment of time, but in her heart she poured the energy, power, and animal urge of the Dhani. She was a monster, and wasn't that a great thing? Wasn't it a wondrous, ecstatic thing to have the ability to crush another being, to kill in the blink of an eye should she so wish? She almost shifted, would have torn her new red dress and pumped her poison into the man, but the urge was too much to handle, and the Kelvic pulled away.

She was curled up, breathing slowly and quietly, trying to still her beating heart. She did not know whether to look at the strange creature or not, almost sure that he'd be full of horror despite having just seen him leap into a choke-hold. Instead, she tilted her head to look at the wavering leaves above. Alvadas had filled the boughs with delicate, coppery blossom and some of those sprinkled down upon the floor and danced like dust motes in the gentle breeze that ran around the secluded area. Allister spoke, and took the bottle of Sunshine. She watched him drinking then, her eyes having to see what was happening as the entire bottle disappeared as if it had never been there. Her lips fell into an amazed expression, but she said nothing. The damaged man seemed relaxed, remarkably so. Ssanya supposed it wouldn't do any good to say sorry to the man, to apologise for causing him harm.

Could she do it again...?

Her small attraction was baring his belly. Ssanya gazed at the huge, gaping grin that stretched across his pale skin, and then as his stomach rumbled and the Kelvic began to laugh, she joined in. Laughing cleaned her soul, more than she realised. Her eyes creased with amusement, sharing in the childish glee of a funny thing happening at a funny time. The breeze tickled through her hair, the sunlight glimmered through the branches, and she was enjoying herself. The guilt she had been debating vanished in the face of the man's childlike enthusiasm.

She shuddered as something touched her face, then trailed down to her neck. Laughter ceased from her lips as she tried to rise from her relaxed stupor. The touch was not the wind, although how could it be anything else? Her eyes moved to search Allister's face, saw the open mouth and the wide eyes, and then she spoke, without keeping the surprise from her voice, although she was far from irritated. "Allissster... Wasss that, that on my face, wass that you? No, it could not be. Could it? How...?"

Her own fingers reached up slowly, expecting to feel something solid, but the gentle pressure disappeared suddenly and she found herself touching nothing but thin air. He laughed again, but she didn't join in. "How, Allisster? I..."

She wanted to say that she didn't want to know, wanted to say that he should stop. But it was nothing short of incredible, and she wanted to know what it meant. The caress itself was another thing entirely, a mysteriously tricky thing that left her feeling lost and adrift. "Thiss iss sstrange for me. Who are you? Are you real, after all?" It almost seemed too strange, too otherworldly, and she reached out her hand to touch his face wonderingly. As her fingers alighted on his cheek, she noticed with dismay that her fingers were trembling. "What in all of Mizahar are you?"
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Allister on April 10th, 2018, 1:35 am

Allister was lost in his laughter until a coughing fit seized him. He doubled forward, his head collided with the small legs beneath the floofy red dress. Ssanya’s body heat hit the kelvic like a fistful of lava. He sat up with a gasp -cough averted and beady black eyes wide with wonder. She had asked him some questions and he was struggling to recall them as he watched her shaking hand slowly approach his face. Soft touch; pinpricks of fire and the hyena found himself smiling so wide that his face threatened to crack. He had sunk down until his bottom rested upon his knees but her touch seemed to invigorate him. Giggles overtook him as he leaned into her touch, th heavy eyelids of ash covering the swirling black pools.

His words were soft but he curled against her tiny hand in such a way that his sunshine-tainted breath coasted against the inside of the woman’s arm. “Of course I’m real, pretty lady. You can feel me...see me.” his eyes popped open then immediately adjusted to a sleepy gaze that suggested mischief. Allister moved a bit so that he was still at her arm’s reach but his hands came up on the bench just so; framing her tiny legs with his jacket’s heavy sleeves. “You can taste me or tease me. Heal me… or hurt me.” He stared directly at her, scouring her visage. The kelvic couldn’t know for sure but he sensed that somewhere deep inside, she liked choking him. He shifted forward very slowly. He didn’t lean in but he pulled his body closer by scooting across the grass. Like a piece of ice trying to crawl along a hot stone, the hyena shortened the light between their bodies; him on the ground and her on the bench. “I’m real, I promise.”

He started to cough again but it burst into a laughter that was somewhere between giddy and psychotic. His throat wheezed and rasped against the rapid-fire bubbling of sounds but it was possibly skill that he was able to never release his gaze from her own. Flashes of things that the hyena did not understand reminded him of Kenash but it wasn’t the horrible beatings and cold light from filthy basement windows. It was a series of memories from his nights where he would perform for the amusement of his master and her friends. He saw Madison and the handful of other debutantes who had taught him some of the mysteries of the sacred feminine. He was suddenly paralyzed as he lingered in the space around the tiny woman with eyes like the earth and a smell of blood and bone. It was not fear that held him. It was not fascination.

It was a longing for action. The problem with the broken mind was that Allister was too weak in his character to decide so he served himself up for better or worse at the mercy of this stranger who has been both kind and aggressive in their brief meeting. The smirk slowly crawled back across his pallid face and the kelvic tilted his head again.

“Sssanya…” Allister whispered like the rustle of the leaves overhead. “Would you like me to…” He giggled softly and leaned forward until she could feel the beating wind from his eyelashes when he blinked thrice. “Would you like me to do it again?” The grin returned to match the one on his stomach. Ssanya seemed to be fascinated by the kelvic. He only hoped that he wasn’t making a mistake trusting her- then again, the former slave wasn’t the brightest star in the sky, either.
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes