[Zion's Plotnotes] Pretty Words

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Zion on September 19th, 2017, 6:03 am

ImageAmir
the Geek

Zion Sinclair's Creator, Writer, and General Lifegiver
ImageImageImageImageImage

Okay. It's freaking late, but I just went on a ran in
my own head about getting Zion built up and stuff for fun plots before I grow bored and fly away, as I frequently do from my own creative inactivity.

So, I'm looking at this like building a house. Zion's the door - his personality, his appearance, mannerisms, etc. are all the gateway to a great story. I have 1/4 of the foundation, which is his Concept and basic history put together. The other 3/4s I already have ideas on. I'll refer to them as series because they'll be a collection of flashback threads that fleshes him out even more.

His concept is, on the outside, trying to learn about and understand why people do the things that he does. He thinks it's because his parents were drug addicts, and he wants to know why they would be so stupid as to have a child with that sort of problem. Which is partially correct, but subconsciously he dearly wants to be a good person. He wants to be seen as good, he wants to be celebrated as good, because his parents weren't good, his aunt was 50/50 good and bad, and he just doesn't want to go down that road. Like, he REALLY WANTS to be a good person that it's almost an obsession.

The first is the Drug Series. His parents are addicts, which is what made him go onto this holy crusade of goodness. It'll take a look at what his life was like with druggie parents and how that affected him. This one will be relatively short,
maybe 2-4 flashback threads at most. It'll by and large deal with emotion and that sort of thing.

The second is the Hypnotism Series. His aunt teaching him Hypnotism and why he's so drawn to it. Because why would a kid who wants to be good learn a magic that deals with making people do what he wants? That's not very good. And it's because he's manipulative like his aunt is. Deeper than wanting to be good is his acceptance that people are freaking terrible, and they usually don't have the capacity to be good, so he's going to force that on them. This one he hasn't even accepted about himself, he hasn't even thought of it, whereas his being good is subconscious but still accepted and sought for.

The last is the Naming Series. I can't think of a better name. But it's got everything to do with his last name. I've decided I won't make his last name his born last name, he changed it because he doesn't want to be associated with his parents and his aunt. The reason why it's Sinclair is because of how it sounds (he likes words), like "sin clear" which is "clear of sin". This one relates back to his wanting to be good and he thinks that's being free of sin and temptation and all that good stuff.

Now, the different series seem unrelated for a reason (past me not linking them together properly, this is all 1:00 AM quick writing so I don't forget anything). Beginning with the Drug Series - this is the beginning of everything. This is what set everything into motion. He wants to be good because his parents weren't and he doesn't want people going through what he did, which is a noble quest itself. This transitions to the Hypnotism Series by the underlying realization that people can't be good because people are inherently terrible and the only way to change that is to force them into being good, because bad things have been happening for years on years on years. This transtiitons into the Naming Series and being free of sin because how can you even force people to be good if you're not free of sin and wholesome yourself? It's his teenage "Starting from scratch" phase.

That's the foundation for future plots. Now, I do actually have some ideas for future plots and I'll get into them into my next post, which is coming in literally a few minutes.

Quote of the Post
"Flibbidy dibbidy do jab bop." - Hibbidy Scibbidy
Zion
Player

Words: 11719
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2017, 3:08 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zion on September 19th, 2017, 6:12 am

ImageAmir
the Geek

Okay, part 2 of the 1:00 AM character house building thing.

Future plots. Okay, right now, Zion's in a groove. He's got a job, he has a house, he's got some skills in his the things he likes doing. He's pretty set up for now, but I need to take it a step further.

I want to revisit the drug series and hypnotism series as one, but in the present. We'll call it the Revitalisation Series because he's renewing his thoughts on his holy quest and how great and noble he is and shit. This series is going to start in Alvadas, with the drugs, right before he leaves for Ravok with the Inverted. He's going to know absolutely nothing about Ravok until he gets and then bam oh no there are fucking slaves here these people are terrible. I know there are a few slave PCs in Ravok so definitely going to have to thread with them.

This is going to send him into a frenzy. He's going to manipulate whoever he meets into doing good things like a freaking madman, without rhyme or reason. Just spewing do good do good do good over and over and over. And with this, I want to enter a whole new chapter into his life - Gnosis Series. That's right, I want Cordas. What better way to force people into doing what he wants? This is going to open a whole new hole into his make people good plot, because he's going to justify using Cordas by saying he's doing it for the good of people and he's not doing anything wrong.

And then bam, he kills someone in Alvadas by accident. Oh no I'm a fucking bad person I need to leave I need to just omg what am I doing with my life. This is the Restart Series, where he will leave Alvadas and go to Syka because what better way to restart than to upheave your whole life after an accident and then go to a newfound settlement. I'm not sure how he's going to get there, but he's going to get there, and he will struggle, and it will be fun.

That's as far as I got. If you made it all the way here, good job. If you skimmed and got here, there's no tl;dr because I can't be assed to do it.

I'm looking for PCs for flashbacks and present threads and everything in between, so if I don't message you, message me. There's a lot of potential I don't want to waste and I really want to share my vision with you guys. It's going be flipping fun.

Quote of the Post
Zion
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zion on September 19th, 2017, 1:30 pm

ImageAmir
the Geek

The Drug Series

Now that it's not 1 in the morning and I've had some sleep, I can now elaborate a bit more. This post is on the Drug Series. We'll be taking a look at Zion during the climax of his parent's drug problem, which includes emotional upheavals and stuff. This will be when Zion's 13 to 14, so set in Alvadas on 511. There are several things I want to have happened.

- Zion's first time seeing his parents do drugs. His aunt has been relatively good at keeping him away when they take drugs (he's seen them high, though), and the actual sight of them doing it seems pretty big. Solo thread.

- Zion going out to the Unnamye. His aunt sent him to get some food or medicine or something else rather normal, but he stumbled into the Unnamye because damn you Alvadas. I may even get him high off of something. Solo or partner thread.

- His parents get close to overdosing and the house gets really intense and stressful, so he runs out and is gone for a few days. This, of course, is the crux of the entire Drug Series, I want Zion crying and ranting and raving and all that good stuff. Partner thread, hopefully.

Quote of the Post
"I just realized I'm doing this like it's a journal for my thoughts but whatever, they're notes about my plot." - Amir the Geek
Last edited by Zion on September 22nd, 2017, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zion
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zion on September 19th, 2017, 2:10 pm

ImageAmir
the Geek

The Hypnotism Series

This series will be when Zion's 16 to 17, so in Alvadas in 514. This will be a mostly solo one, also a few threads long (I think they're all going to be 2-4 threads maximum unless I can come up with more, but they'll be pretty in-depth).

- Simple, his aunt teaches him how to begin Hypnotism and how to move his Djed to affect his words and stuff. Solo.

- First time hypnotizing his high parents, making them clean and cook for his aunt since she's not appreciated when she does good things. Solo.

- First time hypnotizing someone outside of his immediate family. He tries a little too hard and overgives (mouth bleeding and a ton of stuttering here) while he fails to hypnotize them. I reeeaaalllyyy want this to be a PC, that would be fun.

Quote of the Post
Last edited by Zion on September 22nd, 2017, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zion
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zion on September 22nd, 2017, 12:28 am

ImageAmir
the Geek