Closed Rock Me Mama Like A Wagon Wheel (Baelin Holt)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Rock Me Mama Like A Wagon Wheel (Baelin Holt)

Postby Karyk on July 16th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Karyk saw the man's hand, that held his axe twitch for a moment, as if he were going to raise it against him. And for a brief moment, the shipwright was afraid. But as that axe was cast aside, safely disposed of, Karyk grew angry. Angry that this man had even considered raising it against him.

And that was when the man's thick shoulder drove into Karyk's chest, setting him off balance. The man began falling backwards, as the man charged through him. Karyk wrapped up his arms around the man's torso, grabbing onto whatever he could, as he was thrown backwards. Karyk hit the ground hard, Baelin atop of him for the moment.

As soon as Karyk had a moment to gain control, he shoved up and to the side with his shoulder, attempting to roll Baelin off, as Karyk let go. Just as he shoved up to his right, Karyk scrambled to get his arms free, and roll atop this petchin' idjit. This man needed taught a lesson, to not put others into harm's way if it can be helped. On his side, Karyk still trying to push to gain leverage and the high ground, Karyk through a weak, wrong handed cross up and over toward Baelin's face.

But he'd not followed Fildred's advice. His punch curved out as it was thrown, losing much of its power, and certainly most of its speed. A jab might've been the better choice, but Karyk hadn't actually used his teachings in real combat before. So the terribly thrown punch seemed as good of a choice as any to the man.
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Baelin Holt on October 1st, 2017, 12:35 am

Arms wrapped around Baelin’s torso as they went down and the pair landed heavily. For a distressing moment, Baelin couldn’t breathe. And as soon as he was able to suck in a shaky gasp, he was being shoved to the side. Disoriented, Baelin barely even registered the first sloppy punch coming towards him.

But it was indeed a hit. And it landed solidly on his jaw. While it may have been a weak blow, Baelin had made no attempt to dodge and it landed cleanly. His head snapped back from the force of it and bright patterns erupted before his eyes. He tasted the coppery tang of blood as his teeth cut into his tongue, and his entire jaw ached.

He ignored all of that. It was a concern for later. Instead, he surged forward and wrapped his limbs around Karyk. Maybe to strangle him, or maybe just to immobilize him. Baelin wasn’t sure. It was instinct more than anything that had him squeezing tight, as if constricting the man so crushingly might render him victorious.

If Baelin could take a step back and examine what he was doing, he might be able to recognize how very inhuman his attack was. How it alluded more to the assault of a constrictor snake than it did a man. But he wasn’t able to take a step back. No, he was mired right in the thick of it, and he wanted to win. So he groped about awkwardly as he squeezed, trying to find the best place for purchase against his foe. One arm hooked across Karyk’s midsection, another closer to his neck. A leg looped around his knees, and an ankle caught one of the man’s boots. It was an absurd hold, and after a tick Baelin realized it wasn’t doing much of anything. So he readjusted, trying to get his arms up to the man’s neck while his legs attempted to just hold him in place.

OOCGonna go ahead and get this thread to a stopping point.

Baelin was dimly aware of alarmed shouts rushing towards the wrestling pair. Before he could get any kind of solid grip on Karyk, others from the caravan had grabbed onto Baelin and were pulling him off.

“Karyk!” one of them shouted, “You alright, mate!?”

“Shyke’s sake,” another growled in Baelin’s ear, the man attempting to lock his arms, “Someone help me with this petcher!”

Baelin snarled and bucked against the hold. The stranger held fast, swearing and squeezing tighter. Baelin threw his head back and felt his skull ram solidly into something behind him. The man yelped and dropped his hold long enough for Baelin to force his way out.

He didn’t get far. More of the caravan had rushed over to see what the commotion was. Baelin had barely managed two steps before someone else was on him. This newcomer must have had some sort of training, because Baelin couldn’t even tell you what happened. One moment he was standing and the next he was pinned on his belly, arms twisted behind his back, and reeling from the shock of his head slamming into the ground.

For a tick or two, Baelin couldn’t see. He couldn’t hear. His brain shutdown and he was just gone. And then as suddenly as they had gone, his senses came back online in a dizzying blur of confusion. People were shouting. Something was digging into his back. Hands pulled on him and he limply went along with them, sluggish in his struggle to get back up to speed with whatever the hell was going on.

What was he doing here? What happened? Who were these… Someone shouted at him to stay still. Baelin blinked and looked over, then groaned as a headache pummeled him. He buried his head in his hands, and all of it eclipsed to agony.
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Words: 367174
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 12:36 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Baelin Holt on September 6th, 2019, 11:44 pm

Karyk :
I really enjoyed writing with you! This thread was a blast and I regret not being able to finish it. Karyk’s an excellent leader and the caravan was a very nice plot. If you return, please do alphabetize your skills (new rule) and add seasonal expenses for Fall 517 into your ledger. Then shoot me a PM or message me on Discord and I’ll update your grade.

Baelin Holt :
Skills:
3 Body Building
2 Carpentry
1 Endurance
3 Observation
2 Rhetoric
2 Unarmed Combat
1 Wrestling

Lores:
Karyk: Friendly leader in the caravan
Felling: Pick a tree far away from people
Felling: Try to angle for a clear path to fall
Felling: Easier with a two-handed ax
Felling: Woodchips are more irritating than sparks
Karyk: Experienced with felling trees
Felling: Cut halfway through the trunk at an angle
Felling: Finish by cutting opposite and above main notch
Karyk: Thinks Baelin's a dense idjit
Head trauma can cause a loss of senses and confusion

Injuries:
For the next ten days, Baelin will have trouble sleeping, fatigue, dizziness, and headaches.

Comments:
If anyone thinks I’ve graded myself incorrectly, please don’t hesitate to message me. I’m always open to feedback.
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Words: 367174
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 12:36 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Previous