Open Huntress

Firenze works on gathering food in preparation of winter.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Huntress

Postby Firenze on October 9th, 2017, 12:49 am

14 Fall 517 AV

Gathering her things together she made her way toward the flap of the tent. Sunshine streamed through the small crevices where the wind moved the opening ever so slightly. Pausing for a moment, lids sliding closed, she inhaled a steadying breath and let it out slowly. Centering her thoughts, she let her mind wander to the sights and sounds around her. The gentle tug of fine hair in the woven braid on the back of her head. A musky scent of earth and fresh dew sliding drops along the canvas. The weight of her clothes lying heavy against her skin. It had been just as sweltering during Fall as it had been during the Summer months. She was not a fan of having to darn the cloth during such heat, but it was necessary while hunting in human form.

Thin fingers slid down her leg and calf, wrapping around the small hilt of her dagger, ensuring that it was snug in the wrap of her boot. The buckles on the boot acting as a makeshift scabbard. Heavy lids slowly opened, taking in the soft shafts of light as they reflected gently on the golden orbs resting within.

Casting aside the heavy opening, rising from bent knee, she pushed herself forward through the opening. Syna’s light was just on the horizon, signifying the beginning of yet another day. Soft footsteps padded along the dry ground.

After making her way over to a fire that had made the valiant struggle through the night, it’s wisps of smoking signaling it's fragile life hidden under ash and log. Bending back to knee she inhaled and gently let her breath guide life back into the dying embers. Dropping her backpack on the ground she reached just under flap and pull-string to gather a handful of the little dried meat she had stored left.

Resting her backside on the brittle grass, legs crossed with elbows propped on knee as she dug her sharp canines in and tore through the withered muscle and fat. Her mouth salivated heavily as she chewed, stomach growling in protest of the long rest without nourishment. As she dined on breakfast, the meek fire glowing at foot, her eyes wandered around watching the signs of life move and begin the day.

Plans had begun to formulate in her mind for the day. Hunting. Skinning. Feasting for midday. Checking traps. Bring food to be stored. Feasting for eve. What else? Another tear at the dried meats while her thoughts swirled in mind. A woman passed, each exchanging a nod of acknowledgment. Her thoughts strayed, wandering behind the woman as she moved past. Firenze had been staying in the makeshift city for awhile and she still had yet to integrate herself. She did aid in gathering food for the ever-hungry mouths, doing the daily tasks that were needed to keep things thriving, even going as far as to have conversations. Though, it struck her odd that she’d not let herself too close. After her naive world was shattered in Syliras and then again in Kenash she’d withdrawn, letting the dark that spotted her heart guide her. Caution was above all.

So far, things had moved as they do; but it was possible that it could change at a moments notice and that caution helped to keep her wits about her. Kept her senses on high more often than not. Unfortunately, this caused for restless nights and unfulfilled sleep.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Huntress

Postby Auren Duskrunner on October 9th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Auren was not a fan of the open spaces, no more to the point she was not a fan of open spaces whilst she was alone. And she was just that. It served to remind her how anything could befall a person and be some time before some one found and noticed what had happened. Even she knew a broken ankle could be fatal if it prevented travel, and stopped some one from getting to shelter, food, or water. To that end she was moving at a brisk pace, but she was doing so carefully.

She had seen signs of life, which meant some where there were people who lived at least close enough to carry meat and whatever else they trapped and found back to where they lived with relative ease. Which presented her with another problem. Recent past events made it clear that not every one had her best intentions at heart even if a lone woman, likely wasn't going to be seen as a threat.

She pondered briefly what would happen if who ever laid the traps did think she was a threat. She would likely have no choice but to yield to them and hope they were in a good enough mood to not take it any further. She shook her head, clearly she was getting ahead of herself judged simply on the fact there was signs of life in the area. She did not normally panic at the thought of running into strangers, there was no point to work herself into a panic just yet.

There was a good reason to keep an eye out for who ever might be around though. And so Auren moved a little more cautiously, hoping not to catch any one un-awares.
Auren Duskrunner
Player

Words: 2934
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2017, 11:56 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Huntress

Postby Kanawcha on October 9th, 2017, 11:15 pm

The blessing of Syna’s warmth could be felt all throughout the grasslands. The heat had been almost unbearable for the last few seasons even for the desert dwellers taste. Words traveled fast around this city. The people seemed to talk much like his people. Though he had been in the city for a little more than a year, he had still not learned all of the cultures that resided in Endrykas. From what he could tell the Drykas were split into clans each known for it’s specialty. In each clan was a number of families and then men seemed to have more than one wife. Kanawcha had to admit the customs of the Drykas were quite confusing to him, but he was happy to live amongst them while he was on his journey and would do his best to not draw attention to himself.

He had to consider himself lucky that he was found in the grasslands before something had happened to him. He had heard tales of the beasts that roamed the land and knew that on his own he would not have been able to take care of them on his own. The people that he traveled with had come and gone but the man decided to stay. Feeling something inside him telling him that this could be the place that he would find his guardian.

The grass brushed against his copper skin as he sat outside of his tent with his eyes closed.“Eywaat guide my visions, show me what your children see. Grant me the sight to see my pray from the skies” he whispered to himself before opening his eyes again. He pushed himself up and stepped into his tent, pushing the flap out of the way. His black hair falling freely to the middle of his back.

His home had been relatively empty for the past year, not man trinkets had been gathered in his travels. Blinking as he looked around the tent, thinking of the pottery and trinkets that his parents had in their home. Feathers and bones strung together and hung for the wind to catch, the shine of the pottery catching Syna’s light as she passed over. With a sigh he pulled himself from his daydreams. He moved with purpose, throwing on one of his leather vests and pulling on a pair of pants.

He knelt down in one of the corners of his tent, pulling his back closer to him as he checked to make sure what he needed was in there. The snares and his call, the salts to help preserve the meat. He nodded and stood throwing his bag over his shoulder and then the quiver, loaded with arrows, after that. His fingers slid down the wooden shaft of the bow before grabbing the center and picking it up. With the bow in his hands he stepped out of the tent again and began heading around the edge of Endrykas. His bare feet padding against the ground, the feeling of dirt and grass against the bottom his feet was a welcome feeling to the young Chaktawe. The dark eyes of the man looked over the faces of the people he walked past. Some were sitting around and eating or cleaning up from the night before and others were busy beginning their days.
Kanawcha
Player

Words: 3214
Joined roleplay: October 5th, 2017, 9:25 pm
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet

Huntress

Postby Firenze on October 16th, 2017, 2:57 am

Tossing the last bit of dried meat into her mouth she chewed slowly letting the salt sink onto her taste buds as she dug around in her pack. Taking a count of her supplies to ensure that she would have all she needed for the small day trip. Firenze knew that it was extremely dangerous to wander too far from the encampment. With a sigh, she stood and tossed the pack over her shoulder.

Her reasoning for staying in human form while hunting was that she would need to take others with her. Closing her eyes, fingers rubbing lightly on her temple, she prepared for having to interact. It was not common for her not to want to be around people or have company, but since her release, she'd reclused.

Scanning the horizon with bodies moving in the early light she chewed on her lip. Uncertainty clouded her mind on who to choose to take with her. An older woman shook out furs in front of her tent as a young lad played with wooden figurines nearby. They wouldn’t be interested, already having tasks at hand.

A group of young men was gathered around a fire, appearing to be deep in conversation. She wondered what they might be discussing briefly, but knew that it was probably of importance to their clan and wouldn’t want to be interrupted. A lone woman squatted near what appeared to be her dwelling, lines of deep concentration on her face as she worked to strike new life into a teepee of sticks and kindling. Fire waved her off mentally, not wanting to take her from her task.

Lastly, the golden orbs landed on a dark skin male. Her head tipped slightly to the side. Taking in his features she scanned him quickly, judging whether he would be of use or not. Dark silky hair was tied back, a pack adorned his back and arrows protruded from a quiver. He appeared to have the same idea in mind. With a soft nod, she decided to move across the bristle grass and make her intentions known.

Calling out as she approached, she tips the corners of her lips in what she hoped was a smile, “Hello! I see that you might be going out,” eyes scanned back to the quiver and down to the bow, “I plan on hunting today. If that is your intention as well, do you want to travel together? I think it would be best to not go alone and you seem as though you might have the same idea.”

Shifting her pack into a more comfortable position she waited for the man to reply. If he chose to go with then she would again give him a small smile and turn to leave. Firenze knew that she was being short and to the point, but the sooner that she found a companion to accompany her, the sooner that she could get to check the traps. If he chose to go on his own or if he was not going hunting then she would bid her leave and move on to find other prospects.

NoteAuren I didn't include you in this post because I was unsure of where she was located, it seemed as though she was already out checking traps? We can include you in once we make our way to check traps if this is the case. If I misunderstood please let me know and we can adjust. Thanks!

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Huntress

Postby Firenze on May 13th, 2019, 4:02 am

GRADES!

Kanawcha and Auren, when you guys come back let me know and I'll post your grade for you. :)

Firenze
XP
  • Meditation: 1
  • Wilderness Survival (Grassland): 2
Lores
  • Endrykas: Not feeling like I'm fitting in
  • I've grown cautious in my travels
  • Scared to get too close
  • Anxiety keeps me awake
  • I've started to withdraw from others
  • Wilderness Survival: Preparing for hunting and trapping
  • Wilderness Survival: Check lists to prep for travel
  • Wilderness Survival: Taking a team vs going alone
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Sold (+/-) | Amount
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)