Ravok vs Alvadas "Spy-Off" (discussion/coordination)

Circus Comes To Town (88-91st) event discussion & coordination

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

Postby Baali on October 10th, 2017, 4:02 am

I wouldn't mind participating, personally, however I'm not exactly the sort of thing made for spying.
Baali
the rosefinch.

Words: 4261
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2017, 10:28 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Sayana on October 10th, 2017, 4:24 am

Oh you could totally contribute, Beau. Acrobatic running climber... you can eavesdrop, you could scout or use makeshift disguises. I'm sure there's a place for you if you'd like to join in.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Tierra on October 17th, 2017, 1:05 am

Let's do the plots?

Any idea of how the... plots going to formulate?
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on October 22nd, 2017, 4:32 pm

Hey all,

So... I'm kind of on the fence as to whether or not this whole Spy-off will be happening. I have an intricate set of plots planned out, however I haven't heard any word from Kayak. I have no idea what his situation is, and I'm not sure if anything can begin without his go-ahead. On the flip-side, if things wait or get delayed until the last week of November... well then I'm no longer interested in Fall plots. It might even be tricky to pull of everything if things begin by the first week of November (but still possible).

Also, it's felt a bit quiet on Miz lately. I'm not sure if other people are still interested in this Spy-off. I mean, we could have a fun Nano together, but I don't want to try to force things if people are only kind of around.

If people are still interested, I'm happy to coordinate things, facilitate plots, and get the ball rolling. Below are some thread pairings/plot summaries that I was hoping to see:
Beau & Elias - Beau infiltrates the Alvad stage crew as an acrobat
Reysin & Tierra - Reysin tricks Tierra into revealing info from citizenship papers
Sayana & Reysin - Reysin tries to swing Sayana's allegiance to the Alvad side, but things get messy when Sayana receives orders from the Black Sun
Sayana & Clyde & Elias & Beau - Fall ends with a bang when the Alvads put on their grand performance, with unexpected surprises

Hm, just 4 threads. I thought there were more. Anyways, some are left a bit vague since I have ideas that I'm trying to keep 'moderately' a surprise.

The plots I have listed don't have much overarching political schemes involved, since I was leaving that to Kayak. However, I think that they still have a lot of personal drama. I'm not sure if they can still be run without Kayak, and just obtain a few permissions from Prophet if any city organizations or higher up NPCs are involved.

But for all those who I mentioned, please let me know if you think you'd be available and interested. Otherwise I may just trash these plot ideas and come up with something far less ambitious for Sayana this Fall.

Thanks,
Sayana

Oh, one more thing. Chameleon? Are you planning to write anything from the Alvad side of things? Like the Inverted departing from Alvadas? I think Reysin was waiting on some prompt or something from you, and I wasn't sure if it was coming and/or planned. If not, just let him know so he's not waiting.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Yisanareysin on October 22nd, 2017, 10:23 pm

I'm still down for our fun betrayal time, and I'd love to thread with you, Tierra.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Tierra on October 23rd, 2017, 4:35 pm

Me too Rey. Let's set something up?
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Baali on October 24th, 2017, 12:18 am

I'm still incredibly interested!
Baali
the rosefinch.

Words: 4261
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2017, 10:28 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Sayana on November 2nd, 2017, 11:30 am

Okay, time to re-think and reset.

I'm going to take a step back in terms of ambitious plots. I know I had a lot of things in mind, but I don't think many of them will be possible to the full extent. Elias let me know that he's pretty busy IRL, so will be humbly declining. From a recent PM from Beau, it seems like Beau could potentially do things either this season or next. I also got some rough sketches from Chameleon regarding the final "Play" thread.

As far as my own threads, this is what I'd like to do:
1) Reysin & Sayana - Meet up again. Sayana may swing to either side of the 'spy-off'
2) Open thread for the Performance/Play - Clyde (opt) and preferably some other people. I'd rather it not be just another Sayana-Clyde thread.

After chatting with Chameleon, I have a rough idea of good content of the final play. I also plan to do the "spy-off" with Reysin under the following theme/purpose:

A clash of faith between the frivolous and light-hearted illusions of Ionu versus the pristine mask of propaganda that Rhysol shows his people. Alvads are trying to delegitimize Rhysol's claim of sanctuary and protection. They will try to show that the truth is hidden in a mirage of illusions, rightfully in Ionu's domain, and will compare this mask to the playful pranks and performances of Ionu's people.

Alvads may try to uncover the dark secrets that people of Ravok do not want to know about their city. They may also poke fun by mimicking aspects of the city with their plays/performances. Ravokians may be trying to reinforce their propaganda, make 'examples' of the Alvads, and ultimately show that their god is true and should be worshiped. However, any 'example', be it humiliating or verging on violence, has to be contained so that no true conflict breaks out between the cities.

This is my general interpretation based on discussion on chat and some of the broad strokes of the final play.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Yisanareysin on November 2nd, 2017, 9:23 pm

I like it. Since we'll probably collectively only have so many threads related to this spy off, I think it'd be really cool if we have a really strong sense of thematic unity through all of them, leading into the play.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on November 25th, 2017, 10:54 pm

Okay.... so I wrote that last post when I still thought I had time and was relatively available and interested in threading. I'm still interested in Miz, don't get me wrong, but I took a reasonable hiatus and now it's almost the end of November/Fall.

So my question is: Will anyone be upset or disappointed if the Alvadas plots do not happen?

I'd rather be ready for what Winter brings, than try to revive or linger on Fall threads.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext