Arrival of Hate

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Arrival of Hate

Postby Fayde on June 15th, 2010, 1:15 am

He turns to Sam with a grin, giving a slight nod and a wave, turning then back to the gates of the city. His mind then wandered back to Sam's unending kindness. If only there would be more people like him, unless there is, for Fayde failed to see this when he also briefly visted Sunberth when he was a young child with his parents. No one there was quite kind. And the Inarta's he encountered that dreadful night....

Fear and hate has always taken a toll on him to when he met others, even to those he found wandereing in the woods he found on occasion, he always had hate in his eyes, let alone the fear. Why can't he learn to love others, an emotion to fill the hate he has once known to fulfill? But another question came to his mind, is it better to be feared then to be loved? And with that, Fayde disappears into the bustling city.

(( EDIT: Just kidding, the thread isn't closed, still open to anyone! ))
Fayde
Fear. It's serendipity.

Words: 6344
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2010, 9:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Arrival of Hate

Postby Dryn on June 28th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Dryn sat in the "The Raering Stallion", a dimly lit tavern in the first ring of the city. He looked to the barkeep and signalled for another tankard of ale. Dryn heard the gurgling of a cask emptying its contents, the quick shuffling of feet and a tankard of ale was gently placed in front of him. He flicked his eyes towards the door, the windows, then the stairs that led to the second level. His routine check of exits revealed nothing suspicious so he relaxed a bit in his small corner of the tavern.

He sensed many eyes upon him, he looked up and noticed the quick swivelling of heads. He smiled, then a wave of shame washed over him. His white skin, lavender eyes and long arms, marked him as symenestran and a possible threat. All he wanted was a friend, he had been in the city for four days and he still hadn't met anyone eve remotely friendly...
Last edited by Dryn on June 30th, 2010, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dryn
Player

Words: 6080
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2010, 8:00 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Arrival of Hate

Postby Fayde on June 30th, 2010, 1:24 am

Finding a tavern mentioned wasn't hard at all, for just a simple scan of the area just inner of the doors of the city his eyes caught on to a red hanging sign, indicating it was a tavern. Fayde knew it was too early to drink, but he doesn't have any reason not to relax after a long journey through the mountains. Though he did need to find a place to say, at least for a little while, and not to mention some other things needed to be obtained from the bazaar... His eyes then scanned the bustling city and went from face to face. He saw many of the same faces, for most humans looked alike to him, and he saw many odd creatures as well. He took a deep breath, taking in the smells of the area, determining where things are. His keen sense of hearing then adjusted, perhaps listening for any threats but heard none. Satisfied with the now new familiar surroundings, he started towards the tavern, head down, sulking in the shadows, looking from person to person, determining if they meant to hurt him or not. With a deep breath, Fayde slid into the tavern.
Fayde
Fear. It's serendipity.

Words: 6344
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2010, 9:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Arrival of Hate

Postby Nisaba on December 19th, 2010, 7:34 pm

Grade Complete: XP Award!

Name: Sam’ael

XP Award
Socializing- 1 XP
Observation- 1 XP
Teaching- 1 XP

Well, this was a tough one. Sam did a little bit of socializing (or attempting to socialize, at least) and he noticed that the stranger was actually more child than man, so he got a point in each of those. He also attempted to impart some knowledge of the locations within the city, so he got a point in teaching since that was the only skill I could find that was related. I’m sorry I couldn’t give you more, Sam!

Lore Award
Friendliness to Strangers
Suggesting Taverns
Being Blown off

Additional Note:
This was a very short thread with an awkward sort of interaction. I’m not really sure what to say. I mean, the writing was nice- it just didn’t seem like you two were on the same page concerning where you wanted the thread to go. It was a shame, since I’m sure you two could have really had some interesting conversations because of the difference in how both characters view the world, etc. I hope I did it justice with the grading, but if you think I missed something, please let me know. :)

Name: Fayde

XP Award
Wilderness Survival- 1 XP
Socializing- 1 XP
Observation- 1 XP

Fayde didn’t do much work on skills in this thread, unfortunately. I noticed mention of spending three weeks traveling and being on his own in the wilderness, which I thought could merit a point in wilderness survival since he obviously made it to the city in one piece. He also did a bit of reluctant socializing with Sam, and noticed that Sam was a different race, so he deserved a point in those skills, as well.

Lore Award
Long Journey
Thinking Like a Lynx
Running Away from a Kind Stranger

Additional Note:
I’m really not sure what the point of this thread was going to be, but I was sad to see it end so abruptly without being able to learn more about the characters involved. I think it had really good potential in the beginning to be entertaining and progressive for your character, but you may have either lost interest or weren’t sure what you wanted to achieve. Next time, my suggestion is to think of a plan before you post so then you will have something to fall back on if you become unsure. Thank you, though, for allowing me to read it.

Name: Dryn

Lore Award
Wanting a Friend

Additional Note:
I’m so sorry that this thread ended without you really being able to post much or interact with anyone. From what I did read, you’re a good writer with potential for much more interaction, especially character progression if you’re in Syliras. I was only able to give you a single lore, but I hope this doesn’t discourage you from joining more threads in the future- or going to the Matchmaker forum and meeting someone who will work with you on a thread with a reason and outline. :) Good luck, hun.

(Oh, and I know you’ve been here for a while, probably know all this already, and don’t need my advice, but I wanted to make sure to encourage you because I want to read more. *has selfish motivations*)
I just started a new job where I occassionally work 12hour shifts (somehow?)- so please bear with me. I'll probably only be able to hardcore grade/be online on the weekends and other times I'll only get to about 1 thread per night. If there's anything that needs immediate attention, please PM me and I'll bump it up the list. Thanks in advance for the understanding. ^_^
Nisaba
Retired Staff

Words: 32038
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2010, 2:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous