Knee Deep in High Water [Sama'el, Conrad]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 19th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Timestamp: Day 71st of Winter, AV 510

Eldon felt his heart pounding like an unsteady cadence of drums. The pulsing throughout his body, which naturally went unnoticed completely, were hitting his head so hard that he literally heard them in his ears, felt them in his throat, read them in his brain. The heartbeat hastened and became more noticeable as his body found no air. There wasn't anything to inhale, to strive on, to live with. Oxygen was a valuable resource, and his body was starting to panic in its absence. Eldon finally lifted his head out of the water, droplets of the clear liquid falling from his deep dark brown hair like incredibly rare rainshowers that hit the Sea of Grass only a few times a year. Eldon panted heavily, his body kicking into full gear to soak up as much air as could be, as if it thought that in another moment, he would be neglected once more. But no, he was merely soaking his head in his own creation. That was acceptable right?

Eldon's father walked up from somewhere, he always seemed to just appear. "Eldon, I'll be back in a bit. We're going out on the plains for a few days." Eldon looked up from behind water soaked eyelashes as he nodded to his father. It was most likely a late small hunt, just gathering that last few of whatever they might need to survive the rest of winter and early spring.

"Of course. I'll be ready." Eldon chuckled lightly as his dad patted him firmly on the shoulder, he could tell the old man wanted to talk, but was saving it. It was probably the main point of the hunt, now that Eldon observed his father's minute signs. The old man walked off then. Eldon wasn't too concerned, it was worthless to worry without reason after all.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 19th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Eldon heard Sama'el's laughter before he saw him coming, having had a brief exchange with Vanah as he came to look in on his favorite cousin. The winter season was treating the younger Drykas well, having spent his time doing rounds with the Stormwatch as an apprentice Web Mage, he was making a name for himself among his Sapphire Clansmen, and learning crafts from friends among the Ruby Clan, he was gaining more and more knowledge and skill to prepare him to be an Ankal as he so wished.

Despite his self-improvement, he still looked up to Eldon as he always had, and his face was split with his boyish grin when he found the hydromancer.

"Ho, Eldon!" he called, running up to catch him in an affectionate bear hug. "I hear you're going hunting without me."
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Conrad on December 20th, 2010, 10:38 am

Conrad was wisteling a nameless tune as he walked through the city of endrykas even after all those days in the city he was still amazed by the difference between it and riverfall.
"Its still strange isn't it little buddy?" Conrad said looking around in the city, carefully stepping over the tent lines.
Suddenly his parrot let out a squawk before flying off.
"hey where are you going!" Conrad yelled after the parrot before following him. "This is going to get out of hand I know that right now."

The parrot landed on the edge of the barrel and dipped his head in the water drinking a bit. Though he let out an indignified squawk as the man accidentily splashed a rather good amount of water on him.
"Hey," the parrot squawked out,"you got eyes in yer head, use them!" he glared at the man, though it was a funny sight to see a completely drenched parrot glare at a human.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 21st, 2010, 12:19 am

Eldon looked up through his dripping gaze to see his cousin coming towards him and calling his name. Eldon grinned and stood up barely in time to have the life squeezed out of him in a rather powerful hug, Eldon attempted to do the same with equal intensity until he released. "Sam, what are you doing? Haven't been seeing you around much lately, not since that mess with those little clay men, whatever their cursed race is. Eldon chuckled as he violently shook his head, spraying water in all directions, including on top of some colorful bird that Eldon had never seen before.

When the bird squawked, Eldon flinched lightly, glancing down at the red feathered massive billed beast. Whatever this bird was, Eldon was attempting to determine whether or not it was violent or dangerous. Then, it spoke. Eldon felt the blood drain from his face as he swatted at the bird with his hand. "What is that! Some God's cruel joke? Birds don't talk, why is it talking?" Wherever the bird ended up, it continued to watch Eldon, or more so, glare. Eldon had never known any creature except for Striders to hold such certain expressions, such as this. Eldon looked around the ground, he hadn't his weapons nearby, should the hideous beast decide to dive in at him. Eldon would have to rip its head off with his bare hands if it came down to it.

And to save Sam, he would.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 22nd, 2010, 5:48 am

Sama'el was as shocked by the bird's appearance as Eldon was, though he quickly recognized Little Buddy. He put a restraining hand on his cousin's elbow, shaking his head with a smile.

"It's all right. He belongs to someone who wants to meet you. I suppose he tracked you down without my help. The bird's master knows how to warp his flesh with the djed, and while I was boasting about your own skill --" Sama'el was quite proud of Eldon, in fact, "-- he said he wanted to meet you. This was much earlier in the Winter, but here he is."

Looking for Conrad, he called out in Common: "Ho, Conrad!"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Conrad on December 22nd, 2010, 11:43 am

The parrot just gave an undignified squawk and shook his feathers trying to get the water out continuing to glare at the man.
Conrad just sighed as eh saw the scene before him. Giving a wave to sama'el as he called his name.
"What did my little buddy do this time?" Conrad asked holding out his arm for the disgruntled bird to climb upon. His gaze fell upon the new guy and he held out his hand in greeting.
"Ah don't really worry about the bird, he is just mischievous and cranky. Nice to meet you though, I am conrad." He gave an embarrassed smile. "And this is my little buddy, sorry for the problems he gave you." He grabbed the birds beak and held it shut as he saw that it was probably going to say something, knowing him it was probably an insult.
"Just ignore him while he is wet will you? He doesn't have anything good to say now anyway."
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 22nd, 2010, 10:33 pm

Eldon hardly broke his gaze from the strange talking bird as his brother grabbed a hold of his near-to-striking-the-bird-with-all-his-might arm. He didn't even bother to look away until Sam mentioned that he knew the bird, even knew it was friendly. Did he call it buddy? Eldon finally peeled his eyes, reluctantly, from the bird to glance at Sam, a smile returning to his face as he did so. "Someone wants to meet me then? You don't need to boast about me, brother. I don't need people walking around with misunderstood expectations of me." Eldon grinned though, betraying the point he was trying to make. He did enjoy having some level of recognition though.

When the man approached, he observed the typical handshake, a common greeting to human of all kind, Mutt, Drykas, or otherwise. Eldon took it in a firm grasp as he grinned, but to be honest, he didn't understand a single word the man spoke. Eldon was fairly sheltered for a Drykas. He didn't know a touch of Common. Eldon did take his time examining him. He was so young, perhaps a man, but probably hasn't been one for long if he was. Eldon glanced at Sam, a look of confusion draped over his eyes. He only knew Pavi, and the occasional word in Tukant. "Sam, what did he say?" Eldon shrugged his shoulders, a motion, he assumed, would explain to Conrad that he didn't know what he said. "I don't know what he's speaking."

Eldon chuckled lightly, he did want to see the Morphing that Sam mentioned. If he could do such a thing, Eldon would be more than happy to trade knowledge with this man, even though using Sam for little more than a translator would be time consuming, and perhaps even being indignant for the returning Drykas.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 26th, 2010, 10:34 pm

"Oh," Sama'el said, realizing he was going to have to interpret for them unless it happened that Conrad spoke some Pavi. "He said not to worry about his bird, which is ill-tempered when wet, and that he apologizes for any upset he might have caused."

To Conrad, "I'm sorry, but Eldon Sunkiss, my cousin here, he doesn't speak Common. So unless you speak Pavi, it looks like I will have to translate as best I can. He's the hydromancer I told you about, and he's pleased to meet you..."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Conrad on December 28th, 2010, 11:13 am

Conrad groaned as Sama'el said that he didn't understand common.
"Well does he speak tukant,Nader-canoch?" Conrad asked switching into the language as asked it. Though his Nader-canoch would have sounded horrible to somebody with a better grasp on the language. He extended his hand towards Eldon in greeting. The parrot just squawked out a few words he picked up from rowdy sailor's.
"Well could you ask how that hydromancy thing works then?" He scratched his chin with his other hand."If he wants to of course." He gave a boyish smile at the chance of learning more about magic. The excitement easily readable on his face
Conrad
Player

Character sheet

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 28th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Eldon shook hands firmly with Conrad as he nodded. "There's no reason to fret over the bird. It's the owner that worries me, teaching an animal to speak the tongue of humans. Uh, don't tell him I said that though." Eldon released Conrad's hand as he grinned, betraying the subtle weary curiosity that he held for the man. It was mostly the bird though, it worried him. "Anyway, come in brother, Conren, come in. Sit." Eldon chuckled as he picked up a barrel, spun it upside down and rested it on the ground, a seat for Conrad (Eldon failed to pronounce his name correctly), then quickly repeated this maneuver, giving a seat to his cousin.

Eldon himself returned to his seat in front of the barrel of water, his water. The water that the demon bird had infiltrated and became enraged over. Eldon's water. Eldon had a right to that water. It was produced from his body, it was his own hands that conjured and formed it, and he was proud of it, and Sama'el's look upon his older cousin didn't make him any more humble. Eldon listened as Sam translated from Common to Pavi. Eldon did know a little Tukant, but it was so little that he could only give a greeting and farewell, as well as a sincere apology. Beyond that he cared not to learn. He wasn't particularly fond of the Akalak. "He wants to see the creation of water? Fair enough. But..." Eldon paused a moment, wondering just what Sam had meant by 'he can warp his flesh and Djed'. He pondered, wondering if it would be rude for a demonstration of such a skill. "You say he can change his skin? Have you seen it?" It was obvious that Eldon wanted to witness such a thing. Creating water was cool and all, but to change your own form was something he wasn't use to, it was something that would be new and exciting.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next