Completed The Search for a Cure

Elijah is on a misson to regain his ability to talk.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Search for a Cure

Postby Elijah Wylder on December 19th, 2017, 9:37 am

23rd Day Of Winter 517 AV

"THERE IS A CHARM ABOUT THE FORBIDDEN THAT MAKES IT 'UNSPEAKABLY' DESIRABLE."

After the events of the 20th day, Elijah wasn't the same, there was something different about him. He couldn't speak of it. Literally. The Stryfer had done something to him, he wasn't sure what but it wasn't normal. Out of all the body parts, he would've chosen his tongue as most valuable but fate had decided something else for him.

Elijah sat on the end of his bed, frustrated, he sighed. A con-man without a tongue is man without his hands or... something like that. He thought to himself. That's all he could do now, think and gesture. He sighed again.
The incident kept on playing again and again in his mind and what the stryfer did. He needed to know more, about the Ebonstryfe, about Ravok and most importantly about what is happening to him.

Suddenly Elijah felt a pump of enthusiasm and adrenaline rush through him. He had to figure something out. Determined he went down to the docks, for the first time since the incident. Seeing the water, the Stryfer's words echoed inside his ears

"I hope you find your tongue boy....at the bottom of the lake"

For a moment he literally wanted to search the bottom of the lake. The hairs on the back of his head stood up, fear started crawling in.But he couldn't give up now. He stared at his reflection in the dark water, slowly his fears started fading and with the warm winter sunlight against his face , he felt more and more determined.

But....

It took the ravosalaman nearly a bell to understand what Elijah was talking about and where he wanted to go. For a bell, the passersby saw Elijah as a mime artist, a monkey or perhaps a runaway lunatic.

After the complete waste of a morning, the ravosalaman finally understood and took Elijah to a medical facility. The sign on the building read 'The NMSS'. The building in general was quite unremarkable, similar to all it's neighbours. But the idea of finally getting to talk again filled him with the enthusiasm he had lost. He got off the sleek vessel and went inside.
Last edited by Elijah Wylder on January 19th, 2018, 4:13 am, edited 9 times in total.
Elijah Wylder
Player

Words: 8024
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2017, 9:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Finding a Cure

Postby Elijah Wylder on December 20th, 2017, 7:10 am

At the NMSS

Hoping for the best, Elijah entered the building. The lobby was beautifully decorated with soft walls of pale rose colour and medium brown furniture. On the walls there were pictures which Elijah didn't seem to recognize. The lobby was divided into two parts. One was the waiting room and the other, by the looks of it, was an office.

He went and sat on the couch, but cautious. What if the Ebonstryfe controls this place? He doesn't even know what is happening to him or what the 'disease' is or even if it is a disease at all. He leaned back on the couch, it was quite comfortable but he refused to settle in.There was a certain pain in his tongue. Not very severe but escalating since the incident.

'The Valterrain of my own' he thought.

It was not just the tongue that was the problem, it was his finances as well. He needed to search for a job, something to earn him some gold. But apart from conning he only knew carving. He had heard of a shop near Tarsin's boarding house but unsure whether they would even employ an outsider. Thinking about all of it gave him a headache. The bell rang , twelve times, he counted. But still no one in sight.

Bored he picked up some papers lying on the big table nearby. Suddenly he had an idea, instead of playing 'dumb charades' with everyone he'd rather write what he wants to say. He wasn't very educated but writing in common was not really a big deal.

'One temporary problem solved ' he thought to himself.

He thought of his options if not NMSS. He heard of a place called Healing Hand but was pretty sure that they would give a 'healing hand' only to citizens.

After waiting for some time now, Elijah saw no one there. His frustration elevated. Where would he go now? What will he do? Disappointed, he was ready to leave when suddenly, one the doors in the back of the room opened.

"May I help you?" came a polite voice from behind.
Elijah Wylder
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Search for a Cure

Postby Elijah Wylder on December 23rd, 2017, 3:31 pm

Elijah turned. The voice came from a man, not much taller than Elijah, he seemed elegant, fashionably dressed in a black robe with a certain eagerness in his eyes, he smiled widely.

"I am terribly sorry sir, I was away. I hope you haven't waited too long?" the man said cheerfully.
Before Elijah could even react he started.

" I am afraid that the scientists are away, but perhaps I can be of any service. I am Doctor Sandro Mazetti, the master of medicine. Allow me to show you some of finest herbs and medicines that you won't get anywhere else in the great city of Ravok!" the man dragged Elijah into the lab.
With an annoying smile on his face he started showing Elijah all their products even before asking Elijah the cause for the visit.

"...And here we have the 'teavine disinfectant', you can spray it anywhere to prevent spread of diseases. And then we have 'honey of the lily', the 'honeyed noose vine tea'...." the man went on blabbering.
But then there was one particular product that did catch Elijah's attention. The 'Random pity', the label read 'miracle medicine for any disease'.
'This might be useful ' he thought.
Interrupting the doctor to whom the title of salesman would be more fitting, Elijah pointed towards the 'Miracle medicine'.

"Ah. Excellent choice sir, a perfect medicine and only for 70 gold Mizas."

Elijah raised his eyebrows, his mouth wide open. 70 gold Mizas!! Is he serious?? Housing for a season is cheaper than this.

Elijah decided to leave but Mazetti was reluctant to let him.

"But what is the disease that you wish to cure?" Mazetti, for the first time, asked the right question.

Hesitantly, Elijah took a piece of paper from a table, but what would he write? He doesn't know what's happening to him. He decided to write what his problems are. He scribbled down a note and gave it to the doctor. After a glance at the note Mazetti spoke

" This is very singular indeed." The man had a strange smile on his face. He had something on his mind.

"Let me see what I can do." said the man who was now collecting chemicals from the shelves.

"You don't look like a citizen, its a good thing you came here, we'll give you the best treatment possible" he smiled.

Elijah didn't like that smile. He had the same gut feeling he had during the incident with the Stryfer. Something was not right.

".....by the grace of Rhysol, every Ravokian is always healthy. He is our saviour and....."

Elijah paid no attention, he was lost in his own thoughts.

"......and the Stryfe, they are the ones who maintain peace and harmony. Every Ravokian is grateful, they are most respected....."

The line about the Stryfe however, did catch Elijah's attention. His suspicions were proving to be right, maybe this place does have a lot of influence of the Stryfe. The hairs on the back of his head stood, fear started crawling in. The look on Mazetti's face looked devilish now.

Elijah became impatient, he wanted to get out of the place as soon as possible. He couldn't trust this man.

"I'll be right back" Mazetti went out.

Seizing the opportunity, Elijah went up to the door and peeked outside. The doctor was inside the office area searching for something in one of the desks with his back turned towards the waiting area. Elijah slyly opened the door, and quickly crouched behind the furniture close to the door. Still crouching, he hid behind the couch near the front door. The doctor went inside the lab. Elijah sprang up and rushed through the front door.

After acquiring some distance, he slowed his pace. Elijah came here wanting answers but all he got was nothing. He was disappointed. But he didn't want any confrontation with the Stryfe either. Slowly, he traced his steps back to Tarsin's.
Elijah Wylder
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Search for a Cure

Postby Rook on April 11th, 2018, 10:11 pm

Your grades are here!

Elijah Wylder

Your expenses aren’t paid for Fall of 517! Once you’ve updated your ledger, send me a pm and I’ll get you your grade!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grading request in the queue, and PM me if you have any questions or concerns!
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Words: 120230
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)