The Written Word... [open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Corum on December 16th, 2010, 7:37 pm

Corum laughed a bit when the man spoke. That was exactly the plan, to study magic for centuries on end. then again, he could likely learn as much anywhere else as he could here. Perhaps this young man would be his way out. He was not planning on a visit to Sahova quite yet, and he doubted he could threaten his way onto a ship again... Its how he got here in the first place. He decided to answer the question before he thought too deeply and left the poor man waiting.

“ Glyphing helps the Djed flow. think of an arrow. you shoot it at a target. The target is your goal and it is where you lead your arrow. The Glyph is the target of your magical energy, in simple terms. If you study deeply into glyphing, there are different types of glyph. One glyph would help give energy to a golem, or one could help draw your soul out of your body... If you charge a glyph with Djed, im sure you could even use them to harm some one who, say, opened a container without saying a certain word, or things like that. The use of glyphs is almost too much for me to imagen.

OOC: i think i’ll leave zeltiva. im tired of waiting around and i could likely match maker my way into a teacher and stuff.
Knowlage Is Power, Guard It Well.
Corum
Student of Life, Even in Death...

Words: 23645
Joined roleplay: November 4th, 2010, 2:56 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Nakia Anemone on December 19th, 2010, 2:05 am

Nakia looked through the spines of the ancient books, some were newer than others but they all seemed to be at least one life time old. She felt strange in a place like this. It didn't really fit her element but she wanted to learn magic. It had its advantages so it was worth a little discomfort. she skimmed the titles, wanting to take on a new magic besides The Flux and Auristics, or at least advance in them but it felt hopeless. There were to many books on too many subjects and at least half of them were in languages she didn't understand.

...saying a certain word, or things like that. The use of glyphs is almost too much for me to imagine. She just heard the last words of the conversation but the speaker seemed knowledgable enough. She peeked her head around a shelf, keeping her mostly hidden but able to see them. She saw a human who seemed to be the one who was learning, while the speaker's back remained facing her.

((OCC: Hope it's not to late for me to pop in :) ))
Nakia Anemone
Player

Words: 2519
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Luke Lammergeier on December 19th, 2010, 8:55 am

The laugh from the student discouraged Luke and made him realize he might of pointed out the obvious and made himself look like a fool. Luke gave this polite man the benefit of the doubt though. He had proven himself polite so far and there was no reason not to see the good in him.

Glyphs seemed like a good field of Magic to jump into. He would be able to set traps for people with simple writing and glyphs. If this student couldn't think of all the ways to use the art then it was defiantly versatile. Magic was starting to seem within grasp and all he needed a simple teacher. If all it took was memorizing Glyphs then this gentleman should be trained enough to teach him. Luke decided to cut to the chase and figure out if he had a chance to learn.

"I think Glyphs will be something interesting enough for me friend." Luke leaned in a little closer to the man. He hoped his proposal went the right way. He made sure his voice was low enough to not be over heard. "Listen, I'm not one for idle chit chat when i want something." He made sure his voice was friendly and he kept a good face as well. "I need someone to teach me magic or to learn it along side of me. I can offer you protection and a share of my... profits." Luke tried to be as convincing as possible. He was pressured for time though. The ship he was staying on would be leaving port in a couple days and he needed time to convince Kain.
Character is being put on hold

All emails should be directed towards ETHAN
Luke Lammergeier
All i smell is Drykas and horse dung

Words: 115174
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2010, 7:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous