Announcements

Pertinent information for all Endrykas players can be found here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Announcements

Postby Prophet on January 17th, 2016, 4:48 am

Greetings, People of Endrykas;

As you may have heard, I am taking up the reins for Endrykas. Thanks in large part to the effort put forth by each of you, the city has grown and flourished under the watchful guise of the staff. My main goal is to have that trend continue. I’ve spent some time familiarizing myself with the current happenings as well as your characters. The talent pool that rides around the Tent City is amazing and I’m so excited to be a part of your stories.

The staff is assigned to various regions but we work as a collective. Just because you don’t see a certain name under your city doesn’t mean that they haven’t contributed or helped the STs. I feel it’s important to share this information with you. There is a lot of energy that gets spent behind the scenes for each and every piece of the massive puzzle that forms the beautiful and dangerous land of Mizahar.

Moving along. There will be changes; don’t panic. Things have been in the works for a while and the shift in staff presents a good opportunity to handle a few of them. One of the major ones will be a new look for the information. Over time, things become cluttered and must be reorganized. This will be helpful for new players and visitors but also for the residents because it will centralize all of the pertinent content. Small tweaks will be made to some lore articles and certain locations need updated but this is nothing new and should not cause any rifts for the plots or characters that call Endrykas home.

It has been brought to light that there is a misunderstanding of the ‘Drykas Way’. For some, this may not be news and for others it may seem world-shattering. Let me be clear; we can get through anything by working together.

Endrykas is not your typical city. It’s not the aspect of it being mobile or that it’s composed entirely of tents that throws people off course. In comparison to the other cities in Mizahar, Endrykas is just a big camp site. The majority of the population is not in the city, especially in good weather or when game is prevalent. They are spread all over the Sea of Grass. It’s very possible that some Drykas only see the Tent City during a single season each year. It is also possible that a family may stay on the opposite side of The Run if they have enough variation in their skilled members. It is for these reasons that pavilions try to manage self-sufficiency. If your entire pavilion focuses on one skill then they must have a way to trade for what they need or be close enough to the city to buy what they lack.

The persona of a lone wolf without a pavilion or clan is popular in roleplay and there’s a million reasons to explain the appeal. I get it. This is going to go by the way of the dinosaur, I’m afraid. I’m not saying one can’t play his or her character as a loner. It’s your PC, do as you wish. What I am saying is that if I find your PC running around in the grass alone, I will make your life difficult…very difficult. The reason is simple. The culture is supposed to be based around the pavilion. This has become the minority when it should be the majority. I am saying all of this now so you can work out things amongst yourselves if you choose though I am more than willing to help if need be. Make your own pavilion and fill it with NPCs. Get some friends together and start a new one or revive an old one. If you are going to be the 'lone wolf', try to stick in and around the city. This will give you the protective sphere of a large number of people as well as access to resources. I know that some of you will look at this and think you’re being picked on or that you’re being punished. This is certainly not the case. The truth is that, over time, the original concept has been adjusted and skewed so many times that it has lost some of its identity. All we (myself and the rest of the staff) want to see is the core of Drykas society return to the forefront of the roleplay.

Marriage is not the only way to expand a pavilion. Let me say this again:

You don’t have to get married to join a pavilion.

All that needs to be present is a need for the skills of an individual. What I would like to see happen is for the existing pavilions to absorb a player or two. It would also be nice if several other PC pavilions arose from this shift. There is a plan in the works that comes down from the Founders which will greatly benefit Endrykas involving all of this. A list of active pavilions is being made so that new players can contact current members about fitting in with an existing group instead of starting off alone. If you would like to see an example of this, check out the Holds in Avanthal.

Since we have about six weeks left in the season, I am not going to enact any penalties for the loners. However, come spring if you find yourself alone, prepare for a taste of reality. In most nomadic cultures, the highest form of justice was exile because it was essentially death. I am not going to kill anyone. I will hurt, maim and steal, however.

In closing, I would like to reiterate my enthusiasm for being allowed to take part in the lives of your characters. I have some great things in store for next season and will work very hard for each of you. We have a chance to raise the bar for ourselves and for the rest of the cities in Mizahar. I’m up for the challenge but I will need your help. Please do not hesitate to contact me via PM if you have questions or concerns.

-Prophet
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Announcements

Postby Prophet on January 24th, 2016, 8:14 pm

This one is for all the children of the wind.

As part of some minor renovations, Endrykas will (eventually) have a pavilion index. There are many active players who have posted NPC pavilions in the development thread. If you have done so and are open to new PCs joining your pavilion, please send me a PM with a link to your post. I will look things over and once I'm satisfied, I will add your pavilion to the list. This does not have to be your PCs pavilion, necessarily.

Here's what I expect:
  • Proper formatting which can be found here within the first post.
  • Proper grammar, spelling and punctuation
  • Post your pavilion in the NPC and Pavilion Request thread so you can link me to it. I do not want these sent via PM.
  • Effort - What I mean by this is take your time and use details. Be distinctive in your NPCs. Not every pavilion is full or warriors and hunters. Reference the Drykas lore for details about what skills each clan touts as their specialty.
  • Note: it is alright if you don't fill out every single NPC. If your pavilion has 20 people, making profiles for 10 is perfectly fine so long as there is cohesion

Pm me with any questions and concerns. Remember that this will be something that will be directed towards new Drykas PCs. If it helps, think of it as a recruitment poster. You should know that special formatting is not required in any way as all of them will appear uniform on the list. Thanks for all of your time and energy, guys and gals. Have fun!

-Prophet
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Announcements

Postby Prophet on September 5th, 2016, 11:00 pm

Gather 'round, warriors, healers, hunters and heathens!

Back from a short but much needed break from real life, I have reached a few conclusions and received some revelations that I wish to share. Endrykas is growing and every new player brings more questions. To add to that, a great deal of you commented in your registry that information in Endrykas is scattered, contradictory or left to the imagination. While I cannot wave my hand and fix this problem, I will be adding a section to the Codex called "The City Unique". In it, I will explain some things that never get talked about and while not overly important, they create a disconnect in the roleplay when everyone has his or her own opinion. This will include things like how water is maintained, what the city would look like from the view of a personal pavilion, how pavilions are arranged, the sights, the sounds and so much more that I as well as other STs have simply overlooked.

I am also in the midst of restructuring the Watch. I've been working on this for a while and the revamp will be closer to the initial concept which is NOT a military or law enforcement branch but cultural stewards. With this new information, the requirements will change and I also will be including a list of NPCs so that players will have faces to plug into their threads that can help or hinder a plot. The bottom line about the Watch is that we have ALL been playing off of a misconception. Endrykas is truly unique in that it needs no army to protect it though the Watch does make rounds and check the Web for danger. In times of great trouble or in the face of an adversary, every citizen in the Tent City can take up arms and defend what he or she believes to be home.

Look for these things and more on the horizon. Meadow has been working to redo some of the staler locations and this will continue. To the newly arriving players, be sure to ask questions of those who have been here a while. There is a great deal that they can teach and share with you. Enjoy, children. Enjoy your writing, enjoy your characters and enjoy the stories we write together. I certainly do.

That is all.

An Elysium Template
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Announcements

Postby Prophet on February 9th, 2017, 11:27 pm

Attention friends,

I have something very important I want to discuss with you. Pull up a chair, ride up on your yvas or pop a squat.

This spring marks an important transition and I wanted to take the time to do a lil’ soapboxin’. I love Endrykas and the players here. You guys and gals have made my time as a storyteller a more enjoyable experience than I could have anticipated. That being said “it feels like I am just too close to love you!” As a player, Azmere will always be in Tent City but as for Prophet, it is time I moved on.

I believe we are all in good hands with Meadow taking the reins. She’s smart, capable, motivated and willing to take the time to figure out the best option in a given situation. After several very in depth conversations, I honestly feel that she is going to take the Drykas into a direction that is going to be a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to being just one of the players.

There’s a lot of stuff going on with Mizahar. My ultimate goal has always been and will continue to be serving the community. For the past year, that has meant carrying on the proud traditions of the horseclans while doing my best to push your brains and your characters to the breaking point. I can’t express, enough, how much I really care for the world we’ve created and the people who have made it. The move might seem sudden to some of you but don’t worry…my Drykas will always be here. I was going to wait to share this until closer to season’s end but I have a lot of work to do in my new city and I didn’t feel I could start moving things around without giving away my intentions.

I will be finishing all of my current threads!!! That will not change even if it takes us into next season.

The players here are amazing and you deserve to know before anyone else came and told you. This city has thrived because the writers make it easy on the staff to be excited, get involved and have fun. It is my deepest wish that we continue that tradition with Meadow guiding us along The Run. That’s all I got, zulkinas. Wajecki vokal, I’ll see y’all around.

ze Prophet
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

Announcements

Postby Gossamer on May 1st, 2017, 2:26 am

Attention: Caiyha is not a self moderated Goddess. You cannot be off studying with her, learning from her, or meditating etc without my express HD permission and then a moderated thread from a Domain Storyteller. Please strike any of these sorts of plans from your plotlines unless you get this permission. The HD, as always, is open to these sorts of plots and discussions.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Announcements

Postby Gossamer on December 7th, 2017, 4:13 am

Folks, unless its the END of the season and you've run out of time to post a thread you need to complete the season (such as a job thread) do NOT post PLACEHOLDERS. It's the beginning of the Season for all that's Holy. You have three months to complete a thread. If I see Placeholders before the end of the Season, I will be deleting them.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Announcements

Postby Gossamer on February 26th, 2018, 4:33 am

Hello Folks.

Just a heads up. Meadow has said she is going to be retiring at the end of the Season. That means, as of March 1st, you will no longer have the ability to post in this Domain. That means any job threads need to be completed and any placeholders fleshed out. If you post placeholders, you will not be able to post to those threads once the Domain is closed. That means, some of you will be in financial situations that will force you to retire or go into slavery.

Please make sure all your threads are completed PRIOR to March 1st. I can't stress enough there will be no posting in this Domain after that point. Grading is all that is allowed. If you have things to grade or jobs to turn in for wages, feel free to do so prior to March 1st in the Request thread. Anything left over after that, I will hit up after the Season Change.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes