Flashback Some Games Are Made With a Challenge (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Some Games Are Made With a Challenge (Solo)

Postby Avinasai on March 3rd, 2018, 10:01 pm

Flashback.
Summer 515av 45th.

"Aye that bloody fools ain't know what he's talking about."

"Well, Milo. Got any big plans for this predicament, hm?"

"No..." Milo turned his body. They were currently within his home; Avinasai, Janeth, Milo, and Hoison were altogether in one small home. Avinasai was busy spinning a Gold Miza on the table, while the others discussed about this situation. The coin spinning somehow made Avinasai a bit more calm as she zoned in on it.

"Avinasai you're normally good with this kind of shyke." Janeth called get out, Avinasai hated being called out. Especially when her patron called get out during training. She rolled an eye towards her friend. She didn't like this situation either, but Janeth always pointed fingers at Avinasai. However, in the end they got along pretty nicely. Avinasai slapped a hand over the coin.

BAMB!

Milo jumped. Hoison barely moved an inch, but was watching the dark haired woman pick up her coin and drop it in her pocket.

"I don't like it as much as you do, but He really wants our poison. We don't have the time or ingredients to get it all..."

"So we run?" Janeth piped. Hoison shook his head.

"I can't go. I live with the Sun's Births. They'll probably chase me down if I leave all of a sudden. I'm a good fighter. So they might be concerned. But us four against a small gang skilled like His. We might not be able to defend ourselves very well. Even with the small amount of training you got Avinasai." Hoison pointed out the obvious. They couldn't run. They were kind of stuck, plus Avinasai didn't want to go back to Syliras and then get harassed by the soldiers there. She didn't want to go back to Lhavit and she didn't know about much of the other cities.

"-Careful with the furniture Avinasai. You could've snapped the table-"

"You dense sweets?" Avinasai exclaimed. "Our bloody lives are on the lines and all you petchin' care about is the table?" Avinasai snapped.

"She didn't mean anything Milo. We're stressed. There's nothing we can do about it."

"It's okay Janeth. I um-"

"I'm sorry." Avinasai said. "Moving into a city this intense. It's getting on my nerves. Well, the cities that I've been in have been. We have seven days and six night to work on this deal. He already paid us. We should split up into groups of two and explore with what we have. We can do it. I know we can." Avinasai was speaking with such a strange level if confidence that she couldn't understand herself. Perhaps it was the adrenaline and the consistent thoughts about failure that was pushing her?

"That's..." Hoison started. "A good idea." He waved his index finger at Avinasai cordially and smiled. "I'll go with Avinasai and you two." Hoison pointed to Janeth and Milo. "Take your change don't spend His money. Spend yours on the ingredients from the merchants that could possibly be selling the stuff we need." Hoison stated. He picked up his shortsword and Avinasai's rapier that was given to her by Janeth a few weeks ago for training. Janeth said that it was important to her. So Avinasai kept it in the best condition possible.

"Okay." Avinasai said. "Lets do this."
Avinasai
I Am The Thorn.

Words: 73745
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2017, 4:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Avinasai on March 3rd, 2018, 10:20 pm

"So." Hoison began. "Seven days." He stated hesitantly. Avinasai nodded looked down at her rapier as her boots tapped against the stone. Tap tap tap. She and Hoison were quiet, but Hoison seemed nervous about something. He moved his hand to hold Avinasai's. His black messy hair was tied in a knot. He looked like a warrior, that's been training for something important. Maybe he had been training a lot. Avinasai accepted the gesture. She even squeezed his hand.

"Tonight. I don't know why. It just feels different. Like this deal we made with Him yesterday didn't feel right. What if we can't pull it off?" Hoison's emerald green eyes opened wide. He was shocked to hear these words coming from Avinasai.

"We'll make it. I promise you. If we don't... Then He'll be sorry that he messed around with a Sun Birth." Hoison was trying to make it seem like this situation was going to be fine, but Avinasai kept feeling something tug on her. Pulling her. She felt afraid. Truly afraid. She had never felt this afraid before in a long time, the last time she felt like this was when her brother had abandoned her in Lhavit. She hated mentioning about that city.

The death of her parents. More like the murder of her parents. They were poisoned one night.

It was kind of ironic, the way how Avinasai had ended up being a Poison Crafter. Maybe she could find those who poisoned her parents, and poison them. What goes around comes around... at least that's Avinasai's perspective.

"I hope so Hoison. I want us all to make it." She said looking around for any suspicious people who could be watching them. "The woods would be our best bet." She decided to change the subject to hunting frogs. "For the frogs I mean." Hoison squinted and had a feeling why she was changing the topic. Well, not just a feeling. He knew exactly why. Avinasai was feeling uncomfortable and he totally understood. So he let it go with a shrug and followed what Avinasai was doing as they walked through Sunberth to the front gates.

Moments later, they reached the gates. Avinasai had her Identification Kit in her bag along with some Gold just in case she needed to go back and purchase anything else.

They headed out through the trail and started towards the woods. Syna's light was awake and quite bright. Illuminating the forestry around them, giving them the right to see their surroundings. As the two headed into the woods, Avinasai had a deep concern in her mind. What if they couldn't complete the order in time? What would happen to them? Would they become slaves, or become dead? Or would they have to flee? Avinasai Blackthorne didn't appreciate any if these outcomes, but she hoped that they'll get the job done. Or it will end pretty bad...
Avinasai
I Am The Thorn.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Avinasai on March 7th, 2018, 11:25 pm

"You remember what kind of frogs we were supposed to search for?" Hoison asked Avinasai. Who was the only one with him at the moment as the two were heading into the woods. The afternoon sunlight was shining decently enough so that they could move on with their day. Poison crafting was a hard business to come by. Especially when their are such rude and very demanding clients who really want their product.

"Yes you numbskull. The brightly colored amphibians. Those ones are the ones we need. Milo told me that they're very hard to track. By the Gods they are!" Avinasai said with a smile. She knew that she wasn't a very good tracker. So she didn't know what exactly to look for. However, Hoison had a feeling of what to look for.

He bent down, close to the leaves.

"Ah..." Hoison said. He investigated the liquid that was coated onto the leaves. "Could be something? Or it might be just the rain from last night?" Hoison asked. He waved to Avinasai to come see and look. Some of the frogs in Mizahar could have a strange scent with their MucusPlanning on creating some frogs/toads and other amphibians where this would be good for poison. Avinasai knelt down and got really close to the mucus. If the mucus was fresh. It would be quite effective, and still she probably shouldn't be close to it, but it was worth a shot. She sniffed the content.

"Just water. Didn't smell anything odd." So they moved on. In the meantime Janeth and Milo were doing their own thing, buying ingredients and tools for their crafting.

"We should continue through the forest?" Avinasai asked Hoison. She was getting slightly nervous. The thought of going deeper into the forest unsettled her. She wasn't trained well enough for encounters that would be bigger for the two of them to train. Yes. Hoison was a good fighter, but he would pretty much be the tank by taking in the beast and protecting Avinasai in the process. The world is dangerous, and that meant they had to be careful. Very careful.
Avinasai
I Am The Thorn.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Avinasai on March 10th, 2018, 2:07 am

Avinasai scanned the ground carefully. Watching different signs of an existence of a frog or plant or anything that will benefit her and Hoison (and the others). Poisoncrafting is a hard skill to master. It had its disadvantages and its advantages.

Advantage. Poison makes a lot of money. Well, also making anything could make a lot of money. Money seemed to be the importance of survival, so having a lot of it was good. Really good. So Avinasai made it an effort to do her best, and doing her best had improved the relationship between herself and her friends. She really thought that it also improved with Hoison a lot more though. She believed that she and him have a good connection. One that only they were able to understand.

"Remember I told you that I was an orphan too?" Hoison asked Avinasai out of the blue. Maybe it was asked so that he could kill the silence. Even though, they should be quiet in these woods, but he was Ted to talk to Avinasai. Know more about her. It was something that was bugging him for a long time. Avinasai shrugged. She felt weird, she didn't really know how to respond.

"Yeah... sure love." Avinasai said as she inspected the trees and the ground. The soil was soft and squishy almost. It was rough so it made it even terrain to traverse across. There wasn't any problems yet as they wandered through the woods. Nearly aimlessly. Finding frogs was a pain in the arse, as well as finding other types of raw material(s) also.

"What's Syliras like?" Hoison asked. He didn't feel very confident with his words at the moment. He remembered the stories that Avinasai told and how she had met Janeth and Milo back at Syliras. Hoison even heard about how Avinasai was even a Squire. The imagination made him smile, but he held back his chuckle.

"Terrible." Avinasai replied. Her response sounded somewhat bitter, but she didn't direct it to Hoison. Her dark auburn hair got in her face. She pushed it away. She was still young in life. She remembered the reason why she fled Lhavit to Syliras. Why she felt like there was nowhere else to go. She thought that she could make a change and do something better for the world. For herself. That wasn't the case though.

Her patron harassed her. Teased her even because of the way she had fought. She wasn't very good at fighting in the beginning. She'll admit it, but the constant harassment from her patron just bothered her.

"Oh truly? I always hated the excessive amount of training, and how early people would have to wake up just to do training. Even with sore muscles. They worked you like pigs rolling in the mud." Hoison commented. Avinasai smiled and turned to face Hoison.

She tazed him in the side with her fingers jutting outwards.

"What you saying?" She asked teasingly.

"Erm nothing. Just saying that they trained their soldiers a bit much. However, heard that patrols weren't too bad. Except wearing plate armor on a hot Syliran day didn't seem like my go to for something sweet." Hoison recovered himself. Avinasai shrugged.

"Ay. Seems like it. I'm more like a shadow. Hides in the darkness. Then strike when I see best. Or just wait until my fear fades." Avinasai said. She didn't like fighting, but if worse comes to worse she'll do it. If she had to.

Hoison was a good fighter. So she was glad that he was with her. In the woods the chances of a bandit raid was fairly common. So it was best to keep her eyes and ears peered at all times.

"Find anything yet Hoison?" Avinasai asked him. She hoped he had been looking around. If not, Avinasai was sure that they would have to go deeper into the woods. She wished not to go deeper into the woods. She was afraid of going into them. The woods housed all sorts of dangerous creatures/people in them. So you would never know what you encounter.
Avinasai
I Am The Thorn.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets