(The Dreaming Lady) A Day of Relaxation (Kellan)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Drusilla on September 3rd, 2010, 3:17 am

5th of Fall 510 AV

Drusilla smiled carefully as she entered The Dreaming Lady, she liked it here. The way it was cut into the mountain, away from the outside world and the smell of earth made her think of home. Although, the water pools at home were cold and in darkness, not so much here at The Lady. Her waters were always warm and welcoming.

After a brief 'hello' and check in at the main desk Drusilla made her way to the first room. She had invited Kellan to come with her, but wasn't sure if he was coming or not. Oh well, a massage would help pass the time and if he didn't show up at all, she could always go to the dreaming chambers. After getting ready for her massage, Drusilla laid on the table watching the amber colored glass shimmer from the outside light. It was intrancing to watch the light's movement and refection. She hummed a Nari tune to herself as she waited.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 13th, 2010, 12:46 am

OOCI am SO sorry this took so long. I have been crazy busy!

Kellan had been meaning to go to the Dreaming Lady and Drusilla's invite could not have come at a better time. He needed to unwind and he was really missing the relaxing atmosphere of the Dreaming Lady. He walked through the tunnels in his usual attire, a loose button up shirt and loose pants. He could not wait to see Drusilla. She was quickly becoming his closest friend. No one else ever listened to him like she did.

The Dreaming Lady was loosely populated when Kellan walked in. He preferred it that way. Although he was a social man he did not like to be surrounded by a lot of people when he was trying to relax. He casually walked up to the main desk and leaned against the counter. There was a girl standing at the counter and Kellan flashed her a boyish smile. "I'm Kellan, but you can just call me the man of your dreams." The woman behind the counter did not look very impressed and pointed him in the direction of a room. He didn't expect to get a rise out of the girl, Zulrav help him, he just loved to flirt.

When Kellan walked into the room he spotted the long white hair that could only belong to Drusilla. He walked over and smiled. "Hey Dru, whats up?" He was happy to see her. The duties at the aeries had been quite light lately leaving the Endal painfully bored. He marveled at the chance to have some sentient company, especially at the dreaming lady. He needed this and the fact that he would be relaxing with a close friend made it that much more enjoyable.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Drusilla on September 14th, 2010, 3:42 am

Drusilla gave a careful smile, just because Kellan had seen her fangs didn't mean she didn't hide them from the rest of Wind Reach. "I'm glad you came, but please tell me the truth.....Are they playing rock-paper-sizzors to see who has to get me? They've done it before..." She eyed the door and flopped back down on the table, her hair flying everywhere and within the white mass a braid.

Yes, the same braid Kellan had given her a while ago. For some odd reason she just couldn't stand to take it out or remove Toran's bracelet from her wrist. Drusilla viewed them to be of great importance, they made her smile. The bracelet held her favored colors and much to her delight she was weaving a dress to mach it for the thaw festival, behind her teacher's back of course. The thaw was far off, and she had plenty of time to complete it.

"So how is your eagle doing? Are you making good progress with him?" Dru looked at Kellan excitedly. She often wondered what the life of a rider was like. She could see he was exhasted. Dru giggled, "I have a present for you, if you have been working super hard!" She said in a teasingly sing-songy voice.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kellan Lucia on September 18th, 2010, 7:32 am

The braid that Kellan had put in Drusilla's was still interwoven through her long white locks. It made Kellan happy to see that she wanted to keep it. What caught his attention was the bracelet around her wrist. She was still wearing Toran's bracelet. Kellan smiled and sat down next to her. "I see you are still wearing Toran's bracelet. That means a lot to me. I bet it means a lot to him too." It was a refreshing feeling that he no longer carried Toran's memory alone. 

Drusilla made a comment about how she thought that the workers did not want to work for her. Kellan frowned. It was sad that people were prejudging her. Drusilla was so kind and it hurt to see her neglected like this. "I'll give you a message if you like." He was somewhat serious in the question. He had never given someone a massage before and he was not sure if he would be any good. Still he hated to see his friend hurt.

Drusilla's interest in Kellan's Endal duties never ceased to amaze him. She had become to accustomed to thInarta way of life even though she was clearly not inarta. "The bonding is going slowly. Good things come to those who wait though. If this is meant to be then it is worth waiting for." Kellan's eyes seemed to shine as he talked about riding. He loved it with all his heart. There was nothing he loved more than soaring through the clouds. He looked at Drusilla. "And how are your Avora duties going? Everyone is treating you well right? I give them a good knife to the chest if the are." A bubbly boyish smile appeared across Kellan's face. Although he would hurt anyone who bothered Drusilla he could not keep a straight face. He knew bow against violence Dusilla was. "I'd love to see your craft someday if that's okay. Although I love it there is a whole world other than the eagles I tend to ignore." He had been curious about his new friend's art. He did not know a lot about it but if it was important to Drusilla it was important to him. That's what friends were for. Just as she had been supportive of him he would be supportive of her. 

When Drusilla spoke of a surprise Kellan looked at her with his golden eyes full of excitement. He looked like a puppy anticipating a treat. This was childish and he knew it. He couldn't help it though. He loved surprises, at least good surprises. He played along with Drusilla. "I have been working really hard!" His tone was jokingly sarcastic but somewhere underneath his joking tone there was a layer of excitment. Kellan never knew exactly what to expect fro
 his Symentra friend so in theory, everyday was a surprise. Still, he was excited to see what Drusilla has in store for him.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Drusilla on September 18th, 2010, 8:10 pm

Seeing Kellan's childish excitement, Drusilla began laughing whole-heartedly just like the time she had frightened him swimming. She placed a hand over her mouth attempting to cover her fangs. It took awhile for her to regain composure. Drusilla wiped away a tear, "I'm sorry," she was still giggling.

"I hope you can at least ride your eagle," she said rummaging through a bag, "otherwise this may be of little use..." and with that Drusilla tossed a thick woolen scarf to Kellan. It was a warm tan color with Kellan's name embroidered in gold at one end. She had been able to get the wool fibers nice and thin, that was the easy part.... Using the small fibers to make a scarf that would keep one warm enough was the hard part...It had taken a good part of a week of her free time as her overseer would have scolded her. "It's getting cold out... Thought you could use it on flights." She smiled.

"My work goes well, too well sometimes. It's then that I wish I had another pair of arms." Her hands mimiced the motions of her job, without notice from the Symenestra herself. "Pants, tunics, and with the incoming cold scarves. I tell you this is the busiest time of the year for me, and Misteress never lets up. She demands the best." She nodded to herself, her mind seeing textiles and spinning wheels, looms and bobbins. "Leave little time for me to work on my dre- seceret project!" She had caught herself in time, she hoped. "Erm, forget that last part," she said absent-mindedly playing with Toran's bracelet.

"I'd love to meet your eagle...You can talk to him right? I bet he has a million stories to tell." Drusilla smiled, she liked the eagles although she doubted a Symenestra could bond with one. "I'm looking for a certain eagle...But, I don't know her name.." Her face taking on a look of sadness. Avalon's eagle was no doubt, alive. But how was she to find her...Simply by memory? Drusilla felt a need to see that eagle again. She wasn't sure why. Maybe to grieve? or just to know that she had been a real person. Within her own mind Avalon had become a god-like figure. Had she really exsisted? Of corse, she had twin syblings right?

Kellan's question brought Drusilla out of her thoughts, "Huh? You want to give me a masage?" She lowered her head blushing profusely, which did nothing for her skintone. "B-but I invited y-you. T-that wouldn't be fair..." She began messing with the bracelet again mumbleing to herself incoherently. She was a bit flustered and anyone could tell..
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kellan Lucia on October 16th, 2010, 8:51 pm

OOCDrusy Due, I'm soooo sorry this took so long! I didn't forget about you buddy!

The scarf was beautiful. He could not believe the kind gesture that Drusilla was showing. Symenstra-made cloth objects were very sought after. They were expertly made and beautifully woven. He held the scarf in his hands and smiled at her. "Drusilla, it is beautiful! Thank you so much! I will definitely use this on my flights. Let's hope I actually get to go on them though." He smiled at Drusilla to offset the negative remark he had made. He really could not help being happy around Drusilla. She was truly a very positive person. Kellan was grateful for the lighter company he was keeping with him these days. He needed to stay away from his darker emotions. Kellan wrapped the scarf around his neck and smiled at Drusilla. "How does it look?" He could not wait to fly with the scarf. He could already see it. He was sure Alwin would like the scarf too. Although Alwin was not exactly his yet either.

Kellan smiled at the thought of the Wind Eagle. "Yes, I can speak with him. He is very intelligent and proud. He is a good eagle though." He thought back to the last time he spoke with the bird. "He is a fledgling so he does not have too many stories to tell but still, he is interesting to talk to." Drusilla spoke of another eagle. He wondered why she would be looking for one. What would a Symenstra need with a wind eagle. Then he remembered. Drusilla had been close with an Inarta named Avalon. "I'm sure I could give you a look around the Aeries if you like. Do you know what this eagle look like?" Trying to find one eagle without knowing its name or appearance would be impossible. He hoped that Drusilla had at least an inkling of what the bird looked like.

A playful smile graced Kellan's lips. "Really, I don't mind giving you a massage. Of course I don't know how good I will do. There is no harm in giving it a shot though. At least while we are waiting." He would not give his friend a massage without her permission. Although he loved to flirt he was not the kind of man who would touch a lady without her permission. It was wrong and immoral.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Postby Dreamcatcher on December 23rd, 2010, 5:55 pm

Character: Drusilla

Experience: +1 Socializing
Lore: Hiding Your Fangs, Meaningful Jewelry

Character: Kellan

Experience: +2 Seduction, +2 Socializing
Lore: Using Bad Pickup Lines

Additional Items: Gain a thick tan wool scarf embroidered with yellow/gold thread “Kellan”.

Additional Note: If you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office